[Drama 2011] New Tales of the Gisaeng 신기생뎐

Guest fanda4000

anyone know what else has lots of collagen? everyone obessed with them in the drama and i think i should eat more stuff w/ collagen too but the ones they mention in the drama (pork rinds, shark fin, swallow nest, chicken wing) are stuff i don't eat since im' vegetarian.

When I was experimenting w/ vegetarian & macrobiotic food...

... I used "Wheat Gluten" a lot. :)

I don't see a lot of material on "Wheat Gluten" and "Collagen"...

... but I assume that it contains a lot of collagen...

... since collagen is a fibrous protein...

... and I remember reading somewhere that "Wheat Gluten" is wheat protein w/ starch removed.

Wikipedia: Wheat gluten (food)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wheat_gluten_(food)

ack i can't add these to my previous post. the soompi bug is chopping my post. but here are recent photos of Han Hye Rin. doesn't she remind you of Song Hye Gyo a little?

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

for the magazine 쎄씨 CeCi (March 2011 edition)

I like the way Han Hye Rin looks better than the way Song Hye Gyo looks.

Song Hye Gyo does have a special place in my heart...

... because "Full House" was my very first K-Drama.

Both are beautiful...

... but Han Hye Rin is what I call "gorgeous". :):D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Trina987
:) I am glad that I do not offended anyone and thank you ahoxan oppa and alexus for the explanation rule of soompi... I am not quite yet know the rules of soompi compare that I know the rule of viki... Yes, I do know some "-" can be hurtful.. That is why I sometimes do not like it.. but, oh well.... Also, I agree that instead of negative comments.. I would like more people argue why do they disagree on the comments... I want to hear other people of point of view... @dramaoak can I call you unni here and on viki... please.... :) In another note, the dream that GJ have is kind of weird to me especially his face at the end.... ummm... it look like he have a orgasm... :blink::o It is just too wierd dream... :blink: hrmm.. i did not understand regarding collagen and pork rinds and also do not remember a chicken wings either.... However, all those foods sometimes make me very very hungry.....

Guest alexus

dramaok: totally loved your last two post!! The pics are daeback!!! She really does look like SHG!! AS for the previous pics as being categorized as Sexual harrassment?? Hmmm,I don't see any struggles and they really seemed to be having a good time. Could it be possible the viewers that misunderstood were either jealous or not getting any themselves??

I was laughing reading your response because when I put that last post up, it originally read

I hope my judgement was right and it won't be highschool all over again. LOL
but changed it last minute, hehehe. glad that you think the same.

I think when you are just joining in on a thread that is already in full swing, it really is intimidating to post anything unless you have balls of steel (not that I am saying i have balls but nonetheless we should be all inviting) BUT once in a while you get those crazy nasty posters that really want to turn the thread into a bloodbath (which i have also experienced) then we can use our negative AMMO to shut them down and blast them to smitherines. (evil laughter here) :lol:

AS for the collagen never thought much about it. I love eating shark fin soup and dumplings at dim sum so I guess I am doing some sort of service to my skin?? cool!! I should ask the dieticians on my ward to see if they have any ideas for good source of collagen. Of course I am totally going to lie and say i am interested for the patients and their arthritic changes and their joints. Well we shall see..if I can pull this off!

Other candidates for collagen:  Chicken feet, beef tendon.

Choices:

1) If you eat to gain collagen, you're also ingesting calories, block your arteries etc.  Also, the expense unless you go for the cheap stuff, such as the chicken feet or pork rind.  Of course, it'll take a lot of searching before you'll even find a place to get these things.  Unless you happen to kill your own chicken and livestock or fish for your own shark . . .   :P

2) If you spend money at the cosmetic counter to buy, it is expensive.  But, you don't gain calories, cholesterol, etc.  And, you don't have to kill or fish for anything . . . :phew:

3) Do none of it and just let 'nature' take its course.  :lol:

As for comparing Han Hye Rin and Song Hye Gyo, I think Song Hye Gyo has classic features which will age well.  Just like Catherine Denevue. 

As for SJ, this was my post on Viki:

March 03, 2011 06:24                                            

While I can understand DM's issues with his father regarding  the way his father treats his mother and him, I think the boy has some  issues of his own.

Namely, his ideas about being a man.  I was ROFL in his conversation  with SR, where she complimented him on being good at so many things.   And, his reply was (drumroll, pls.) "Because I'm a man."   hee haw!     And, that a man has to be good at everything ...  (I'd like to see him  have a baby!)  hahahaha

And, I really like SJ and GJ together.  I think GJ is a terrific human  being.  We don't know the back story on SJ.  Won't it be funny if he is  the long lost son of the cosmetic surgeon?  A few episodes ago, the  cosmetic surgeon was about to call someone on a secret handphone, when  he was interrupted by his wife.  What if he was trying to call the  Grandmother, who was in the hospital?

If that's the case, the pair of ditzy grandparents would be in 7th  heaven.  They go from having two granddaughters to 3 granddaughters and 1 grandson.  Of course,  that would leave the two daughter-in-laws in absolute misery.

Perhaps, the cosmetic surgeon has been supporting SJ and the grandmother all these years because it doesn't seem like SJ has money problems.  Yet, he doesn't seem to need to earn a living.  :huh:

As for the issue of SR 'lying' to everyone, I think this issue was covered in earlier comments in the thread.  SR isn't lying.  She is following a very Asian way of conducting one's self that is expected of a well-bred person.  It is this same conduct which leads to Asians being considered as 'inscrutable'.  The conduct is to act in such a way as to never directly disagree with anyone or be disagreeable.  Instead, you voice your disagreement by making light of the topic, cajoling, side-stepping the issue or offering other alternatives.   It is the epitome of tact and diplomacy.  (None of which is taught nowadays, except to the old-school rich.) 

Lastly, I don't know why soompi ever bother putting in the plus and minus function.  I can understand putting in a 'spam' or 'explicit' function, since soompi had previously experienced spam and x-rated postings.  The plus and minus function is just more useless stuff to detract from what made soompi wonderful, i.e., the generating of discussion about the various aspects of the dramas themselves.  (This excludes 'shipping', which is not about the drama, but the viewer's preference.  -_-)

Guest kobe23

I like the way Han Hye Rin looks better than the way Song Hye Gyo looks.

Song Hye Gyo does have a special place in my heart...

... because "Full House" was my very first K-Drama.

Both are beautiful...

... but Han Hye Rin is what I call "gorgeous". :):D

She is indeed gorgeous (getting cuter each episode), and I would say better looking than SHK of today, but if we compare her to SHK back in 2000-2004, I wouldn't be so sure. SHK was the primary reason I got into k-dramas and to me she is one of the most beautiful actresses of all time.

And yeah, she does look a bit like SHK, but not too much. I can definitely see some resemblance there, but in certain angles she actually looks more like a cross between Lee Da Hae and Kwon Yuri. I think HHR can become the next SHK once she gets a leading role in a hit drama :D

As for the abrupt break-up of SR/DM and also killing off the grandparents.....could this be the writers reaction to the low ratings?

Lastly, I don't know why soompi ever bother putting in the plus and minus function.

Yeah I don't know why either. I think a 'thanks' button would be much more appropriate so that we can thank wonderful folks like semi-fly and ahoxan for providing us with RAW's and SUBS respectively without us having to reply just to say thanks :)

Hi

Han Hye Rin is definitely in her elements playing bad girl role. Her character, RaRa, adds colour and spice up this drama.

If I'm not wrong, she has an upcoming drama where she plays the lead lady with dual personalities? or was it twins? (sorry my korean is cmi)(sorry, got her mixed up with Nam Kyu Ri of 49days)

If a character can evoke feelings in viewers, be it good or bad, that actor has succeeded. Hence no offence to those in RaRa's camp, we are merely disserting the character.

I doubt RaRa will keep friends who are better-off than her. She feels good only when she's the centre of attention, when she isn't she calls it quit immediately . She needs to be in charge, to take control, bossing all the time. She won't take no for an answer. She expects gratification from recipients of her unwanted/pass-me-down items. She's suspicious of her friends, though she's the one who does the most talk-behind-backs. Anyone against her are abnormal. Anyone not in her favor will be strike off, out of her social circle. Therefore to befriend her, you must be prepared to be at the receiving end, at ALL times.

I'd lost count of how often she attacks her friends, but she's the perfect BIT** right from the beginning, note her opening line in ep1, directed at SaRan for being late, was - 'Ask them for a car for a graduation present'.....to her $$$ grows on trees...

I believe she will bear grudges, else there won't be any sparks when she finds out that everything, including her parents, belong to SaRan :w00t:

to Auntie Mame

RaRa has a younger bro/cousin who's studying overseas (think this will be another phantom character like the one in Dear Heaven?)

on the +&- reputation system

could it be for 'housekeeping' purposes? 15 pluses gain that post a star/popular ranking right?

Archiving would be a breeze and cost efficient too if they use that as a benchmark.

I'm wondering...

How long after the funeral will/if Ah Soo Ra, Da Mo's father, make the connection...

Park Ae Ja, Da Mo's grandmother,

passed away within a short time after

he decided to object to a match with Dan Sa Ran

because of her qualifications... or lack thereof...

There seems to be a lot of emphasis on the spiritual world in this drama...

... much more so than in "Assorted Gems", though not as much as in "Lotus Flower Fairy".

The spirits took an active role in mundane life in "Lotus Flower Fairy".

Here, the spirits seem to speak clearly to/through master Jeong Do...

Would writer Im make an even stronger mystical connection...

... and add in the repercussions of breaking a vow to the heavens?... :):D

on the +&- reputation system

could it be for 'housekeeping' purposes? 15 pluses gain that post a star/popular ranking right?

Archiving would be a breeze and cost efficient too if they use that as a benchmark.

Yeah I think the +/ - buttons are there for reputation purposes (the person who posted the comment his/her reputation goes up or down depending on what ppl click) cause when you click on the little green button next to a person's user name in forums you see REPUTATION in green ^_^

Guest kawaiiyuki

Sorry guys & gals!

Due to a recent change in policy for:

ViKi "New Tales of the Gisaeng" channel

I won't be making new postings of softsubs.

I hope the policy changes...

So that I can resume posting. :)

Does that mean we need to watch it on viki channel?

Is there another place that uploads subs? I only remember having places that gives us raw video.

Is there another place that uploads subs? I only remember having places that gives us raw video.

Yes. You can watch it on ViKi channel:

http://www.viki.com/channels/2238

I think a few of the legal streaming sites like MySoju are also streaming ViKi vids.

I'll try to find a list of them. :)

Yes. You can watch it on ViKi channel:

http://www.viki.com/channels/2238

I think a few of the legal sreamming sites like MySoju are also streaming ViKi vids.

I'll try to find a list of them. :)

I just clicked on that link but it said the thread had been removed.

I just clicked on that link but it said the thread had been removed.

I think that's because the series is currently in licensing negotiation.

Access on ViKi is limited to ViKi QC members.

Those videos can be accessed on other streaming sites.

MySoju: (they have up to E13 available)

http://www.mysoju.com/korean-drama/new-tales-of-gisaeng/

Guest kobe23

You can still get soft subs from darksmurf subs.

http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/298-new-tales-of-gisaeng-2011-episode-1-16/

They're already up to episode 16, but they are software translated from chinese subs. You can wait for the actual fan translation, but that would take a long, long time since they're only up to episode 6 in that regard.

Really hope ViKi changes its policy soon as I find their sub releases to be of a pretty high quality and lightening fast.

Erm anybody who understand chinese here can help to translate in english at http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/298-new-tales-of-gisaeng-2011-episode-1-16/ - darksmurf ...

If i understand chinese i try to help but i don't.

Guest desirez

i love this drama sooo far! ><;; the relationship btwn damo and saran! AHHHH! drama! xDDD i love it :DDD

omg! the 17th episode preview looks sooo good! can't wait for it to come out this weekend! ><;;

but i heard that viki will stop subbing them?! TT^TT, hopefully they'll come back and sub it again! :))))

this drama, i definitely recommend to anyone!!!! even if it is 50 episodes xP

Guest dramaok

Sorry guys & gals!

I won't be making new postings of softsubs.

I hope the policy changes...

So that I can resume posting. :)

so will you be opening a blog and post the links where you can post them?

^-----^

@dramaoak can I call you unni here and on viki... please.... :) In another note, the dream that GJ have is kind of weird to me especially his face at the end.... ummm... it look like he have a orgasm... :blink::o It is just too wierd dream... :blink: hrmm.. i did not understand regarding collagen and pork rinds and also do not remember a chicken wings either.... However, all those foods sometimes make me very very hungry.....

sure you can call me unnie. i have no idea how old you are but it's all good. ^^

we'll just go by our soompi registration age.

ah, this drama is so intricate with so many stories interwoven.

Da Mo and Sa Ran are love, they in my opinion just have so much chemistry and the whole stares at each other intently thing is totally working for me.

I basically watched 16 episodes all in one go over the course of three days, and I just can't wait till the ending already LOOL

but the process will be awesome too.

episode 16, well I sorta expected something bad to happen when I saw da mo's expression and I actually wanted her to show him the cake before throwing it out just to let him see what he's missing LOOL.

I actually feel sorry for Rara considering how messed up her life is, and how it's actually the parents spoiling her that has brought her this selfishness.

I do find that the whole process of getting into the gisaeng house is a bit slow, considering all that's happened is basically the name card given out.

episode 17 is going to be awesome, 'cause the secret of Rara is gonna be out which means more hope for Sa Ran to be found by the rightful family~~

The little imaginary scenes get to me soo much. I always wish they were real LOOL and then I'm so disappointed when I find out it's just their imagination. sighh

haha.

can't wait for more.

For a 50 episode drama it's pretty good so far. :D

Archived