PROM 2011!~

Guest coco-mademoiselle

Guest Kui~Xian

How much are you guys planning on spending for your dresses/shoes/bags/etc.

I spent about 190$ on my dress, on sale. The heels i'm wearing were.. $20 i believe, and I'll probably be spending about $30 on my hair, but i'm not buying a new bag as I probably won't be able to use it anyway for the grande march and all.

I don't know if this is a stupid question lol, but is it standard to have a long gown type dress for senior prom? Cause I always felt short dresses = jr prom and long and formal for sr prom. But I was wondering if anyone wears shorter dresses to sr O_o

I wouldn't say it's standard, persay, to go in a shorter dress, but that's exactly what i'm doing for my senior prom - I know other people who are or have gone in shorter dresses(vs longer dresses) as well, so it's definitely not something uncommon, either.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aznch4mp

I have a question of my own actually: Who is supposed to pay for prom tickets and the mode of transportation? the guy or the girl? or does this depend on who asks who?

Generally, I think the guy pays for the ticket. But then again, I think it depends on the kind of couple.. in some couples the guy is super chivalrous and pays for everything. In others, each person splits it half and half.

For me, my boyfriend bought both our tickets ($35 each) and we each payed our own part for the limo (which was about $70 each).

I don't know if this is a stupid question lol, but is it standard to have a long gown type dress for senior prom? Cause I always felt short dresses = jr prom and long and formal for sr prom. But I was wondering if anyone wears shorter dresses to sr O_o

Generally, the gown type dresses are for prom (my school only had senior prom) but for some reason a lot of girls in my senior class decided to wear shorter dresses. I wore a cocktail dress to my prom because I look a whole lot better in shorter dresses than in long gowns. It's your preference. If you're going to wear a shorter dress make sure it's unique and stands out. You don't want to wear a dress that is too boring because then you'll just blend in. Prom is supposed to be your special night to stand out. Wear what makes you look and feel gorgeous.

I have a question of my own actually: Who is supposed to pay for prom tickets and the mode of transportation? the guy or the girl? or does this depend on who asks who?

My bf, at the time, paid for the tickets, transportation, dinner, and the corsage. While I paid for the pictures and his boutonniere. He told me girls generally pay for the pictures and boutonniere while the guys pay for the rest. I went in a pretty large group and the person organizing it gave everyone a set price to pay. She made reservations at the restaurant and she also ordered the limo.

*quoted image*

OMG I WANT THIS DRESS lol... impossible but >__< mmajor want!.

I want to get my hands on some nice half dress. best of both world lol

Oh my god! Hahaha, I've been eyeing this dress ever since I saw the pictures of Selena. It's such a beautiful dress, the print and the style.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on finding a dress like this, haha! I think I'd be the happiest girl ever LOL :)

Guest myGLAMrocks

_MG_8922.jpg

I really like this dress...kinda wish they had a better model though, aha.

And I'm really loving the dress below, but it's so expensive!

PromGirl-483860538.jpg

Guest Trinity <3

Congrats on your last year, 2011! :) 

Betsey Johnson Royalton Dress

worn for prom 2009 : )

Size 0

Approx. Measurements: Bust 30" Waist 25" Total length: 28

It's STILL selling on betseyjohnson.com for $395! 

I'm trying to sell it for $120, but I'm very open to negotiation!

Please let me know if you're interested!!! :) 

Here are some pictures:

2hykim1.jpgFEE9E127.jpg

if you guys don't want me selling here, please let me know!

By the way! If you girls would like to save some $$ to spend more on your dress or something else, try looking for Salon Academies in your area, they are pretty good at hair styling, and it's super cheap! 

Guest Rissalicious

^ what is the size/measurments?

QUESTION!

what are those gun holsters that women have in action movies that go around their upper thigh? i was planning on using something like that but for my phone under my dress since i dont want to carry a bag/clutch around.

I'm having the same problem whether to buy a short dress or long dress for prom because I'm only 5'1 ft. D:

I REALLY love this dress but it's out of my price range too.. $378 (looks the same style as myGLAMrocks posted xD) I would so get it hemmed though.. it's too long.. Does anyone know where I can find a similar dress like this but cheaper even in short possibly? preferably purple :D

PromGirl-643027309.jpg

1_114165_FS_Chiquita-Purple-Prom-Dresses.JPG

$80ish

1_112013_FS_Haley-Long-Purple-Prom-Dresses.JPG

$64ish

I'm looking online but all these dresses are so expensive T.T and it's so hard to know if it looks good without trying it on.. I think I'm just gonna go to MACY'S, buy a dress and then return it the next day after prom to save $$$ x.x; but then.. that's so common :/

Guest p3nguin

^ what is the size/measurments?QUESTION!what are those gun holsters that women have in action movies that go around their upper thigh? i was planning on using something like that but for my phone under my dress since i dont want to carry a bag/clutch around.

It's a garter. or a garter belt to hold it up.

Guest ohhblueberry

hey, so I'm debating if I should go or not; is it really worth going junior year or should I just wait until senior year? I mean I don't even know if I'm going to have a date or if my friends are going, soo... I just don't want to start looking and buying the dress and shoes if I end up not going, you know..

and is it awkward for a short girl to be dancing with a tall guy? :mellow:

I'm having the same problem whether to buy a short dress or long dress for prom because I'm only 5'1 ft. D:

I REALLY love this dress but it's out of my price range too.. $378 (looks the same style as myGLAMrocks posted xD) I would so get it hemmed though.. it's too long.. Does anyone know where I can find a similar dress like this but cheaper even in short possibly? preferably purple :D

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

$80ish

*quoted image*

$64ish

I'm looking online but all these dresses are so expensive T.T and it's so hard to know if it looks good without trying it on.. I think I'm just gonna go to MACY'S, buy a dress and then return it the next day after prom to save $$$ x.x; but then.. that's so common :/

I like the $64 dress, looks very nice and does not look cheap at all.

Archived