PROM 2011!~

Guest coco-mademoiselle

Guest Zumreed

I love the dresses you girls posted :)

Since I'm on the very pale side, I can't go for dark daring colors....I'll look pasty. hehe

so something like a champaign/light pink vanilla color?... like this. :D

31805_53458.jpg

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kween_lisa

I'm having the same problem whether to buy a short dress or long dress for prom because I'm only 5'1 ft. D:

I REALLY love this dress but it's out of my price range too.. $378 (looks the same style as myGLAMrocks posted xD) I would so get it hemmed though.. it's too long.. Does anyone know where I can find a similar dress like this but cheaper even in short possibly? preferably purple :D

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

$80ish

*quoted image*

$64ish

I'm looking online but all these dresses are so expensive T.T and it's so hard to know if it looks good without trying it on.. I think I'm just gonna go to MACY'S, buy a dress and then return it the next day after prom to save $$$ x.x; but then.. that's so common :/

I totally feel you! I am also 5'1 but my teacher who supervises prom committee suggested me that if you wear tall heels and get the dress adujusted, you'll be fine wearing a long dress. However, if you are wearing flats, don't bother to wear a long dress because it will not look good.

Guest epikxlove

Instead of doing my senior paper, I'm gonna post a few of the dresses I really likeeeeeeee

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/prom2000_2141_44597862

http://www.bestpromdresses.com/shop/prodimages/2203%20red.jpg

I know I'm not going to get a flamboyant dress like those, but I really liked them :P

I'm going for a more classy and simple dress :)

Guest Alisaur

@Alisaur I love your first dress, its really cute! Mind telling me what store its from? Pls and thank you! (:

I found it at the website of a local dress boutique around my area http://jansboutiqueonline.com/detail.php?ProdId=2466502&CatId=18653&thisOffset=90&resPos=94&pSort=#subtitle

But if you put in Jovani 71904 on google, I'm sure that you'll be able to find another store that sells it. :)

Guest BaBixTwiLight

*quoted image*

I really like this dress...kinda wish they had a better model though, aha.

And I'm really loving the dress below, but it's so expensive!

*quoted image*

I was looking through EBAY and there's a seller that makes that purple dress that you posted! I think it's a replica made by china? lol.. But by their reviews it seems to be really positive.. it's only $94 for that dress but I don't if the quality would be bad. but, there's already 25 sold of that kind :) check it out?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Stock-formal-Prom-Gown-Evening-party-dress-Sz8-10-12-14-/170582009988?pt=UK_Wedding_Clothing&var=&hash=item6d6f22e29a

Guest beautycakez

Oh my, my dress was sooo simple compared to all these dresses.

Last year, I wore a short white dress, super simple, but I honestly loved it.

It photographed well, because I look best in white. And I loved my short dress because I loveeee my legs.

I'm the second one from the left. Between the two blue dresses.

28281_1421283745855_1645530051_1048627_7450623_n.jpg

Short puffy dresses! :D

36420_1421287505949_1645530051_1048677_5525688_n.jpg

37301_1421288425972_1645530051_1048689_7765024_n.jpg

I got mine online ..well my boyfriend for it for me. I think it was from Amazon though.

But if you guys have the time, I would highly suggest going to one of those sites that custom makes dresses. A few of my friends did, and it turned out beautifully!

Guest sweet_love777

*quoted image*

does anyone know which brand this dress issss? or where they have one anywhere like ittt?

Selena Gomez's dress is made by a designer called Irina Shabayeva. Also known as the winner of Project Runway season 6 (:

Guest Noodlebowl

I really wanna go simple with mine. I don't want huge prints and glitzy beads. Something beautiful and simple. And afforable. Haha.

I've got two so far. I need your guys' opinions. ><

I really like the idea of an empire waist and capped sleeves...

d1-1.pngd2-2.png

dr1-1.pngdr2-1.pngdr3-1.png

Sorry for the large photos. -__-

They're really really simple, but I think that with the right accessories/shoes and hairstyle, it'll look great once it's been put all together.

Guest wonderfullness

I bought my dress last year from Coniefox, an ebay seller based in China:

http://stores.ebay.com/CONIEFOX

They have pretty cheap, but GORGEOUS dresses. I was actually impressed by the quality too. The customer service is amazing. I accidentally ordered another dress in the wrong size and they let me return it really easily. Alsoo even though it's from China, the dress arrived to me in 3 days o.o super fast.

This is the dress I wore and I LOVEDD it. Beware though--I ordered a small and it was REALLY small. Pay careful attention to the measurements. Anyways, I got soo many compliments on my dress. One girl told me it was her favorite dress there and she couldn't stop looking at it ^^;; I promise I'm not trying to promote this seller. I've just had really good experiences with them and thought I should recommend them to all the girls looking for dresses this year :)

Oh wow, I haven't even begin to start thinking about prom dresses yet.

But I think I decided last year that I would go with blue? >.<

Some of these dresses posted already are soo pretty!

My math teacher was horrible last year, but she told us that short dresses were not "classic" enough for prom. I kinda agree with her tho. :3 Long dresses just seem so elegant and sophisticated!

Guest serendipitous.elephant

I really wanna go simple with mine. I don't want huge prints and glitzy beads. Something beautiful and simple. And afforable. Haha.

I've got two so far. I need your guys' opinions. ><

I really like the idea of an empire waist and capped sleeves...

Sorry for the large photos. -__-

They're really really simple, but I think that with the right accessories/shoes and hairstyle, it'll look great once it's been put all together.

I don't really like sleeves for prom... just my opinion though smile.gif

also, for the second dress, the bust area looks way too short unless you are prepubescent, which I can fairly say you are not.

it also looks really low-cut. this is just what I see when I look at it. I do a lot of online shopping lol tongue.gif

Guest khmer--laydee

does anyone know where i can buy prom dresses that arent too expensive in toronto? like my budget is a lil more than $200

Archived