[Drama 2011] War of the Roses 장미의 전쟁

Guest fanda4000

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest IloveFall

So no one decided to stick with this drama? We just got episode #1 here in the States as this one followed You Don't Know Woman that just ended yesterday.

I read the brief synopsis online and see that they are trying to depict this as the "typical" poor, neglected wife with the loser husband having an affair with a younger co-worker but give me a break, the wife is unbelievably annoying. Right off she's ridiculing him, putting him down, saying how smart SHE is and how she wasted her "elite education" and how she could be making so much more money than him. I think she's just downright mean. Are they really trying to depict her as the heroine???

I don't know if they are just assuming that the viewer will automatically take the wife's side therefore make her go on the offensive really early on. I mean, all we saw in the beginning is him working hard at the office and just forgetting their anniversary. With her, we get all the complaining, nagging and belittling so do the writers think that we actually AGREE with her? Cause I don't! I think any husband would want to run the other way if they had to live with that. It's not like he's overly domineering or emotionally abusive or so controlling that he's making her stay home with the kids, right? This isn't like Queen of Housewives where they show the wife really investing in her husband and wanting him to do well and he decides to cheat on her anyway. We rooted for her because we saw how much she was trying to make her marriage work and her husband successful. All we get with this drama is her meanness. I don't feel any sympathy for the main character at all.

I don't see myself sticking with this drama if this is the way they are trying to portray their marriage. I think she's pretty awful and could understand why her husband would want to "give up."

Guest rhesus

I stuck with the series for a good 3-4 weeks before giving up on it. The series was too predictable for me and the story itself wasn't anything "special" given how most of the dailies that we've seen recently take on a similar story and are more often than not dragged out until we simply can't take any more of the ranting and raving of one character or another.

• 5 months later...

I think that I'm at episode 82. This drama is not moving as quickly as I want it too. I'm waiting to see if Bae Yumi will "fall". Anyways, from what I've read from other sites, the ending is so predictable and disappointing. It was such a let down. Too bad.

Archived