[OFFICIAL] The JYJ Thread

tealee

class="entry-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 20px;"[TRANS] 140526 South Korean films at the Cannes Film FestivalMay 26, 2014 · rilanna

haemoo.png~original

The splendor of the Cannes Film Festival has begun on the red carpet but it is an even more intense place. The Cannes Film Festival is where every movie officials in the world flocks to. Especially taking the main stage, among hundreds of films proceeding with their sales, these movies are <Sea Fog> produced by Bong Joon-ho, <Obsessed>, and more. These movies have become known as to have harvested substantial overseas sales outcomes at the film market this year. Even though definite details are not yet released, there are great interests in Europe, including Asia.

Starring Kim Yoon-seok and Park Yoochun, <Sea Fog> substantially influenced its sales outcomes with the ‘premium’ of director Bong Joon-ho taking on the producer role. In France, he is famous as the director of <The Host>, <Mother> and <Snowpiecer>. An official of Finecut who’s in charge of <Sea Fog>’s overseas marketing revealed, “Oversea buyers who watched the 15 minute-long promotional video at Cannes put out reactions in common to that of an immensely influential movie,” and, “In particular in terms of the material from a true story, we are approaching things more seriously”.

Note: parts unrelated to Park Yoochun and Sea Fog were omitted.

Source: IlyoTranslated by: rilanna of JYJ3Shared by: JYJ3

Guest nyet2607

@roweina78 lol that ChunBita :D I love the 3rd pic of chunnie u shared.. chunnie looks so cute.. just like nobita.. lol..

@tealee agree with Ro, young dal new hairstyle reminds me alot of Cha Moo Won XD

BTW, did anyone notice that the BGM for yoochun video narration is melody & harmony?? I love it.. it really suits the narration :)

nyet2607 said: @roweina78 lol that ChunBita :D I love the 3rd pic of chunnie u shared.. chunnie looks so cute.. just like nobita.. lol..  @tealee agree with Ro, young dal new hairstyle reminds me alot of Cha Moo Won XD BTW, did anyone notice that the BGM for yoochun video narration is melody & harmony?? I love it.. it really suits the narration :)

class="entry-title"[TRANS] 140527 Yoo Hae Jin(PD of MBC’s Human Documentary Love)’s Blog Update: Park Yoochun’s dubbing May 27, 2014 · rilanna

Last Sunday,
2014 <Human Documentary Love> Part 4
I have completed the ‘tomboy Siamese twins’ narration recording work.
The narrator was undertaken and aided by actor Park Yoochun-ssi.
I’m in charged of this documentary shooting, the cameraman is Jeong Seung Woo-ssi
He had just worked on drama <Missing You>
I was very glad for Park Yoochun-ssi’s narration casting.

Park Yoochun-ssi’s dubbing had become known
Within our documentary production department, Park Yoochun-ssi’s fans had come out one after another.
AD and writers who have no work on Sundays, to the FDs
They packed into the dubbing room.

Park Yoochun-ssi is a kind young man.
His appearance, his voice……
His dubbing work was very warmly shot.

photo 1401130846801.jpeg

At the moments of the Siamese twins’ dad, the narration was to be conducted
When looking at the screen, Park Yoochun-ssi’s expression really seemed like a ‘fatherly smile’
It was heartwarming.

Concluding his dubbing
Park Yoochun-ssi kept saying, “This documentary is good, really good”….
(Park Yoochun-ssi’s recording scene sketch
http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/culture/spdocu/love/preview_love/index.html?list_id=3151028)

Source: Seadust
Translated by: rilanna of JYJ3
Shared by: JYJ3

class="yiv9418600905post-title" style="margin:.4em 0 .3em;font-size:1.8em;font-size:1.6em;color:#555;margin:0;font-size:20px;"[TRANS] 140527 Review from experts: 〈Triangle〉 Huh Youngdal, Kim Jaejoong by Ces

[Hankyoreh 21] [What to watch on TV]

hankyoreh

Another acting evolution of acting-dol (Idol-turned-actor)

Watching Kim Jaejoong in <Triangle>, I think about Kim Hyunjoong in KBS “Age of Feeling” and Park Yoochun in SBS <Three Days>. They are the representatives of 2nd generation of “acting-dol”. Kim Jaejoong and Park Yochun was in TVXQ, Kim Hyunjoong was in SS501. If Jung Ryeowon-Hwang Jungeum-Yoon Kyesang ect., the 1st generation of idol-turned-actors, replaced their idol image by  actor image; the 2nd generation still owes to the halo of idol image. The reason why I think about Kim Hyunjoong and Park Yoochun while watching Kim Jaejoong is that, I feel that their pace this year will be a turning point in their career. These actors, who have debuted with the roles which borrowed their idol image – Prince-like characters – came back one by one with blockbusters. While Kim Hyunjoong and Park Yoochun showed off weighty acting, Kim Jaejoong doesn’t fall behind Lee Bumsoo in terms of strong presence, which is an another evolution. His transformation is also the most shocking. Kim Hyunjoong and Park Yoochun emitted tough masculinity. Nevertheless, they still maintain good-natured and heroic image. The character Huh Youngdal of Kim Jaejoong is pure gangster. His remarkable determination shone from the scene he ran for his life wearing only boxers due to a secret love affair with a married woman. However, through this scene, that he exposes his pain while saying, “Have you ever seen a dream coming true? When I was panhandler, I've had countless dreams. But never once did any of my dreams ever come true,” seeing how he spoke with restraint, which doubled the sadness, I can tell that his acting definitely matured. The idol-turned-actors who suffer from various reasons such as prejudice against idol, lack of self-effort, etc., another example worth taking as role model, was born.

- Written by Kim Seonyoung, TV critic -

Let the wild nature explode

Nowadays, it’s not strange that idols pop out over and over again in dramas and that their “foot acting" (t/n: Bad acting skills, usually a term used on idol actors) makes our hands and feet all shriveled up. In addition, as they keep running to the point that their “feet” sweat, I must prepare myself not to be surprised even by shockingly good acting from an idol. This is not a metaphor. Kim Jaejoong’s new challenge starts with taking off his top in Beef Tripe Hot Pot restaurant and running barefoot on the street wearing dragon-patterned red boxers. Obviously, it might be a trick to use an idol’s nice body to attract the viewers in the beginning of the drama. However, beyond that, something was exposed. Kim Jaejoong’s eye-acting is very good. When he said, “If I were afraid of that, I wouldn’t be Huh Youngdal. Let’s just die together then,” after having done a trashy act. When he begged for his life with his face covered with coal dust, while being burried. The way that handsome young man struggle in the bottom moves my heart. Maybe it’s the same feeling as the moment I saw Jung Woosung and Lee Jungjae in the late 1990s. Of course, now comes the problem. It’s Okay that Youngdal is a neighborhood gangster who blinks his huge eyes while seeking help from a detective, or even a lodger who is happy just with a midnight dining table. But that alone is not enough. How should his manly image be showed now? The key is to make his wild nature explode. I expect Lee Bumsoo - Kim Jaejoong’s close chemistry, just like Son Hyunjoo - Park Yoochun in <Three Days>.

- Written by Lee Myungseok, pop culture critic -

Copyrights ⓒ Hankyoreh newspaper
Posted at Naver Main
Translated by: Hannah @ PrinceJJ (@The_Little_Pear)
Shared by: PrinceJJ

Take out with full credits.

>:D<

class="entry-title" style="margin: 5px 0px 15px;"[TRANS] ‘DRACULA’ SYNOPSIS & CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 2.21.56 AM

Synopsis

At the end of the 19th century, a young lawyer named Jonathan Harker and his fiancee, Mina Murray, help Count Dracula, who wishes to move to London, and arrive at his mysterious and lonely castle. However, everything changes after Dracula meets the beautiful woman who captures his heart, Mina, and Mina returns to England.

On the other hand, Professor Van Helsing, a man who has the reputation of ‘Vampire Hunter’, traces Dracula’s movements through Renfield, Dracula’s attendant, and causes Dracula to fall into danger.

After Dracula arrives in England, Mina’s close friend, Lucy, shares a special kiss with Dracula and enjoys a warm moment which changes her life forever. Mina, who fears Lucy’s kiss with Dracula yet also feels jealousy over it, finally finds out why she is drawn to Dracula, and why Dracula is drawn to her. As it becomes clear that Lucy was Dracula’s sacrificial lamb, her faithful saviours Arthur, Quincey, and Jack help Professor Van Helsing in getting rid of Dracula.

To help Professor Van Helsing and her friends, or to follow her undeniable feelings for Dracula, Mina doesn’t have much time to choose…

Character Descriptions

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 2.18.35 AM

Dracula: A passionate figure of undeniable charm, overflowing with confidence. He possesses intense fury and ferocity, but also bears scars, sorrow and a delicate heart.

Played by: Ryu Junghan, Kim Junsu, Park Eunsuk (understudy)

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 2.19.03 AM

Mina Murray: A beautiful, healthy and intelligent woman. She encounters Count Dracula and feels the weight of an undefiable destiny.

Played by: Jo Jungeun, Jung Sunah

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 2.20.22 AM

Professor Van Helsing: Vampire hunter. A figure who follows Dracula to the end in order to finish him off.

Played by: Yang Junmo

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 2.20.40 AM

Jonathan Harker: Mina’s fiance and husband after marriage. He is an uptight gentleman who becomes a quiet English lawyer. He is a careful and sensitive figure.

Played by: Ka-i, Jo Kanghyun

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 2.20.54 AM

Lucy Westenra: Mina’s close friend. She is a cute and lively girl filled with curiosity. Later, she changes into a vampire filled with evil.

Played by: Lee Jihye

Screen Shot 2014-05-27 at 2.21.14 AM

Renfield: Lee Seungwon

Jack: Byun Heesang

Quincey: Yang Seungri

Arthur: Jang Donghyo

Brides of Dracula: Lee Hyunjung, Kim Seoyoon, Shin Segye

Ensemble: Hwang Sunghyun, Je Byungjin, Kim Nahee, Baek Jinjoo, Hwang Hojung, Bang Geulah, No Heechan, Ji Saerom

Source: Interpark

By: http://intoxiacation.wordpress.com/

class="entry-title"[PICS] 140528 MBC Triangle Gallery: DongSoo-YoungDal, the trustworthy brothers May 27, 2014 · JYJ3 Team

Wow, my brother is awesome!!!

photo shj_photo140528093221imbcdrama3.jpg
photo shj_photo140528095847imbcdrama1.jpg

photo shj_photo140528100203imbcdrama0.jpg

Boss YoungDal stills worthy of a fashion magazine

photo shj_photo140528101701imbcdrama1.jpg

Three Musketeers: YoungDal-JangSoo-Jerry

photo shj_photo140528102213imbcdrama1.jpg

Happy YoungDal

photo shj_photo140528111231imbcdrama1.jpg

Credit: MBC Triangle 01, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Translated by: @crystalmoon64
Shared by: JYJ3

All pictures here:

Wow, my brother is awesome!!!

photo shj_photo140528093221imbcdrama3.jpg

photo shj_photo140528093221imbcdrama2.jpg

photo shj_photo140528093221imbcdrama1.jpg

photo shj_photo140528095847imbcdrama0.jpg

photo shj_photo140528095847imbcdrama1.jpg

photo shj_photo140528095847imbcdrama2.jpg

photo shj_photo140528095847imbcdrama3.jpg

DongSoo-YoungDal, the trustworthy brothers

photo shj_photo140528100203imbcdrama0.jpg

photo shj_photo140528100203imbcdrama1.jpg

photo shj_photo140528100203imbcdrama2.jpg

photo shj_photo140528100203imbcdrama3.jpg

photo shj_photo140528100224imbcdrama1.jpg

Boss YoungDal stills worthy of a fashion magazine

photo shj_photo140528101701imbcdrama1.jpg

photo shj_photo140528101701imbcdrama2.jpg

photo shj_photo140528101701imbcdrama3.jpg

photo shj_photo140528101739imbcdrama0.jpg

Three Musketeers: YoungDal-JangSoo-Jerry

photo shj_photo140528102213imbcdrama0.jpg

photo shj_photo140528102213imbcdrama1.jpg

photo shj_photo140528102213imbcdrama2.jpg

photo shj_photo140528102744imbcdrama0.jpg

photo shj_photo140528102744imbcdrama1.jpg

photo shj_photo140528102744imbcdrama2.jpg

photo shj_photo140528102744imbcdrama3.jpg

photo shj_photo140528110702imbcdrama0.jpg

photo shj_photo140528110702imbcdrama1.jpg

photo shj_photo140528110713imbcdrama1.jpg

photo shj_photo140528111231imbcdrama0.jpg

photo shj_photo140528111231imbcdrama1.jpg

photo shj_photo140528111231imbcdrama2.jpg

photo shj_photo140528111231imbcdrama3.jpg

class="entry-title"[NEWS] 140528 Bong Joon-ho’s production starring Park Yoochun ‘Sea Fog’, set opening for August…sold to 5 countries at Cannes Film Festival May 28, 2014 · rilanna

10_09_47__5385375b5c4ea.jpg~original

Generating interests from the early stage of production with director Bong Joon-ho and starring Park Yoochun, ‘Sea Fog’ has set its opening in August, and is revealing its teaser poster.

‘Sea Fog’ is in an unknown sea fog where one cannot see what’s in front of oneself, it is the piece of work about the story of six mercenary crew members on an old ship who are swept into uncontrollable incidents when they shift over to ferrying stowaways. Director Bong Joon-ho is attaining his first time producing, Shim Sung-bo who wrote the script to ‘Memories of Murder’ is directing.

Kim Yoon-seok, Park Yoochun, Han Ye-ri, Lee Hee-joon, Moon Sung-geun, and Kim Sang-ho are merited and anticipated factors who have the harmony between old and new; from veteran actors to rising stars onscreen. Revealed this time again, the teaser poster is in a sea fog, having captured the desperate moment of two persons holding out their hands to one another. It evokes curiosity about what is happening to them.

To this, ‘Sea Fog’ revealed its 10-minute-long promo video at the Cannes Film Festival just recently, unveiling itself.

NEW –who is investing in and distributing ‘Sea Fog’– told the news: “It was sold for a higher amount above South Korean films’ average sales prices, as well as, the preview that was presented to targeting buyers only twice, sold out all its seats,” and, “It was sold to 5 countries: Japan, France, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Singapore”. There have been consistently inquiries coming from Europe and North America, too.

An official from French distributor Wild Side Films who encountered the promo video, praised: “There were compelling forces that amplified tenfold than tension with all the emotions that were felt reading the scenarios. Bong Joon-ho, who is showcasing his first film as a producer, is continuing his exploration of the human mind”. An official from Japanese distributor Twin said: “We are very excited to watch the video this time because we have great anticipation toward the movie,” and, “We are really looking forward it because there is interest in director Shim Sung-bo’s debut and it is Park Yoochun’s first movie”.

Sources: 10 Asia + XportsNews
Translated by: rilanna of JYJ3
Shared by: JYJ3

[NEWS] ‘Sea Fog’ Starring Park Yoo Chun, Kim Yoon Suk and More to Premiere in August via Mwave