★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

I took this from tumblr because this translation was so beautiful and I think that all of you should read it.

Hello :D

— Story There’s so many versions of the story, to be honest. But basically, a girl third year in middle school was diagnosed with a terminal disease, and she really wanted to see TOP before she died. so she sent letters to him and stuff, but when TOP saw those letters, he didn’t think she was serious because so many fans feign things like that just to see him. Then later, when she got really ill or died, her relatives sent TOP a letter/video of the dying/dead girl. TOP apparently cried after he read/saw/watched the letter/video of the dying/dead girl and composed a song dedicated to her.

Meaning of the Lyrics How could this happen to me

But even worse, how could this happen to you

It began with a letter and was the beginning of pain

I’m a tell it to you straight this part is essentially top’s lament on how she told him about it from the beginning (through letter) but he didnt listen. . My body is ill, but you don’t reply; sorry I’m sorry, bye- TOP. “My body is ill, but you don’t reply” is how TOP assumes the girl felt by his lack of response, and “sorry I’m sorry, bye” is how TOP thinks the girl assumed TOP to think.

. Oh mom, What should I do mom

A selfishness hotter than a fire torments me, Oh my God

Oh mom, I promise mom, What can I do

Now, I now, Oh my God, Oh my God “Mom” is an extended metaphor throughout the whole song, the “mom” representing God. When TOP asks “mom” for advice, he is asking God for advice. “I promise” implies that he will do what God tells him too, if God will tell him what he can do.

. A desolate day, I receive a letter

Your circumstances make me tear

If my voice brightens your world

Farther and farther, I’ll shout

Nananana Nananana Do you hear my heavy heart

Friend wipe your tears, I think you’re prettier when you smile

Sorry I’m sorry, Oh my God This is when TOP finally saw/watched the letter/video from the girl’s relatives. He cried- “your circumstances make me tear.” Then he says that he will dedicate his songs and his voice to the girl if that can make her happy (and lively). The “sorry i’m sorry” here is quite different from the same line before, because whereas the “sorry i’m sorry” used before had a careless, “okay, yeah sure” tone to it, the “sorry i’m sorry” used here has a desperate cry to it.

. Baby don’t cry, You may feel alone

Don’t worry, It may be lonely but you’re not the only one

Look beside you, you’re not alone

Don’t cry, You stand vacantly alone

Don’t worry, It may be lonely but you’re not the only one

Look beside you, you’re not alone This is TOP encouraging the girl not to cry and not to feel alone because people [TOP] is there for her. . Life is funny, It’s a delicate play with fire

Playful obstacles are life’s restraints. This part is very significant. TOP is talking about how he didnt think the girl’s first letter was real, because of the “playful obstacles” (i.e. other fan’s fake illnesses) in an indirect manner. . Keep your head up Continuation of TOP’s encouragement. . This is what TOP whispers in the middle (its never on any lyrics-sites for some reason): 어머님. 같은 사람이라 생각하니 가슴이 답답하고 무겁습니다 어쩌면 죽을지도 모릅니다. 웃음소리가 사라지지 않도록 지켜주십시오. meaning mom.

My heart is burdened and heavy that she may die. Please protect her so that her laughters will not disappear.

As i mentioned before, “mom” is “God.” the rest is self-explanatory: it’s a prayer. — so i talked way more than you wouldve liked me to. but my point is that yes, it was inspired by an event (a personal one, too) and yes, it’s a story of a dying/dead person. top is such a beautiful person. inside and out. just. UGH I LOVE HIM SO MUCH. I hope this answered your question, love (: idk. i just hate having to explain like. one part of the song. because everything is so much more meaningful as a whole.

cr: toptopia@tumblr.

brb...crying right now

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest juang_bb

^ omg! thanks for that. tears.giftears.gif Tabi!!! you are so amazing! it makes OH MOM 10x more beautiful. it was already amazing before and god knows how much i LOVE it, now its just... WOW! the way he made the song, everything... it is so emotional. TOP is really such a great song-writer. i love the metaphors, the deep thought and emotions, wonderful! no words really. tears.gif

^

^

i'm crying too tears.gif i already thought the lyrics were meaningful before, but after reading all of that i realized there's an even deeper meaning to it. it just makes me love tabi even more. how can a guy come up with such beautiful, yet symbolic lyrics like that? Oh Mom will always have a special place in my heart, it is just that type of song that gets you. i really think he doesn't get enough credit for his song writing among the general public. i know gd's an amazing writer as well, but i hope that people acknowledge top as one too sweatingbullets.gif i've loved all the songs he's written so far (A Good Man, As If Nothing's Wrong, Of All Days, etc). it makes me speechless, my feelings for tabi are indescribable aha

btw don't know if this was posted

Album sales in Japan as of 3/30 :)

BIGBANG 4th Mini Album

Korean Export 10,009

Japan Edition Comes out 4/13

gtop's sales under the spoiler if you wanted to know

GD&TOP AlbumKorean Export 6,231 

Japan Edition 18,020

Total 24,251

Guest TSUBASA.

Hello, I was hoping I could get some help. I want to preorder the album but there are 3 options and I don't know which to choose. If you could translate I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

104enap.jpg

Guest princess_vip

Hello, I was hoping I could get some help. I want to preorder the album but there are 3 options and I don't know which to choose. If you could translate I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

*quoted image*

I think...

Option 1: idk???

Option 2: Poster in tube

Option 3: Poster folded?

&nd read the GUIDE FOR FOREIGNER's tab on the right for further assistance :)

Guest shinhdeplol

^ ^ no Dae's solo pic  fury.gif

Im sorry i cant find his photo, please be more patient. I wanna see his solo pic just as much as you.

To make this post less spammish, I wanna share this cute cap of GRI ^^

Watch

and pause at 0:38/0:39

Af89q.png

^ holding hands :wub:

C: stupidefleurk @ gdheartri

EDIT:

You can see TOP hugging Dae @ about 0:52/0:53 too :wub: :wub:

Guest pascale

GD is looking good in the fashion show. I'm happy because he seems less tired AND he is gaining weight little by little. I just don't wanna see him thin and that tired anymore.

I saw the UV video with the boys lmao. GDAE trying hard not to laugh and turning their heads when you can still see them from the mirror lmao.

My favorite part is when Taeyang is singing his part: "oh eh oh" UV guy added "Yu gi ro oh rae oh" instead lol. And the "simple and simol" part *dies of laughter.

That was a good laugh thanks. On another side, they sound amazing without the music Dae <3333

Guest KeKe7

Im sorry i cant find his photo, please be more patient. I wanna see his solo pic just as much as you.

To make this post less spammish, I wanna share this cute cap of GRI ^^

Watch this video and pause at 0:38/0:39

*quoted image*

^ holding hands :wub:

C: stupidefleurk @ gdheartri

EDIT:

You can see TOP hugging Dae @ about 0:52/0:53 too :wub: :wub:

Ah.... sorry, I didn't mean that to you.  I was scrolling down the pics anticipating and looking for Dae's one but couldn't find one, that's what my reaction is .... Sorry...

Aww "Oh Mom" translation was really touching to read. :tears: I hope she was encouraged by the song even though her situation is bad.

Taeyang and GDs interviews were very insightful.

I'm happy Bae is keeping a positive attitude about making music
he
likes. Yes even though sometimes its not exactly a "hit" in the Korean market; many international fans still love and appreciate it. Thats really sad to read about how "burdened" he was during his promotion. Though I really felt something was "off" during that time so its not that big of a surprise to be reading about it now. He just took it all to seriously and I think pressure weighed on him so much that he ended up not enjoying it as much as he should have. I'm glad hes back to happy Bae. Taeyang still giving "westernized" girls hope
:lol:

"GQ: Let’s think about that scene for a second.

TY: I will ask her, “Do you like puppies?” Haha, because I love puppies too much."

:lol: Is that all it takes? I'll go to a pet shop and buy every puppy in that place if it would make you happy.

GQ: Can you explain further? Let’s say you will spend the night with that woman. What will happen?

TY: ...I don’t know what to say. Please teach me.

:w00t:  is he asking the woman to teach him or the interviewer? because I would be on the first flight to Korea if he needs instruction.

" I watched a lot of music programs and it wasn’t the certain style of music, but the time spent on the whole song in general was too fast which made me feel a bit disappointed." -GD

Agree. You can tell when a song is just thrown together with the main focus being the hook. Yes waiting is a richard simmons but I really love how BB songs have more depth to it than that.

Guest Qj_GDragon

Hello everyone ..

I live in Vietnam ..so I wanna buy the 10 CorsoComo X Bigbang iphone case ..

So, do u guyz know that is there anyway or sites to buy it ??

Thanks u so much for ur consideration !!

[YGeshop]Pre-Purchase Event:

People who pre-order the BigBang Special Edition Album

will get this BigBang Standing Paper

d00866984d9424afbe150.jpg

source:ygsehop

btw international fans can't make pre-order from YGeshop

omg i want an iphone now. Thanks for uploading the pictures shinhdeplol!

For Taeyang's interview, I wonder if be western women, he means women that live in North America~~ Because I live in north america~~ LAWL

btw, can someone share the link to that korean bb forum? The ones that share those pictures with the 'DCBB', 'DCGD', etc.

Please and thank you~~

Guest princess_vip

[YGeshop]Pre-Purchase Event:

People who pre-order the BigBang Special Edition Album

will get this BigBang Standing Paper

*quoted image*

source:ygsehop

btw international fans can't make pre-order from YGeshop

is this if you pre-order from YGeshop or can it be from DVDheaven/yesasia? O.O

GUESS NOT. tear*** 

Guest shinhdeplol

Ah.... sorry, I didn't mean that to you.  I was scrolling down the pics anticipating and looking for Dae's one but couldn't find one, that's what my reaction is .... Sorry...

I understand now, its fine :)

omg i want an iphone now. Thanks for uploading the pictures shinhdeplol!

For Taeyang's interview, I wonder if be western women, he means women that live in North America~~ Because I live in north america~~ LAWL

btw, can someone share the link to that korean bb forum? The ones that share those pictures with the 'DCBB', 'DCGD', etc.

Please and thank you~~

No no no I think you should thank xtlover15 instead :D She was the one posting 10.Corso.Cosmo x BIGBANG Cellphone Case ^^

Some DCgalleries for you:

DCGD: gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=Gdragon

DCTOP: gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=top

DCVI: gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=victory

DCDS: gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=daesung

DCYB: gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=youngbae

DCBB: gall.dcinside.com/list.php?id=bigbang

Anyway, smt to share ^^

[FANART] TOP and Daesung - Tonight fanart

viewimageoc.jpg

C: soma. @ DCInside

Smt random :P

13015516822011033115091.th.jpg13015516822011033115091.th.jpg

^ TASTI D-LITE :wub:

C: 똥개- @ DCInside

EDIT:

princess_vip: I think that besides the captures, there have been no photos of the boys from Music Core :( Music Core hasnt been releasing official photos for a while and there have hardly been any backstage sneakpeeks from YG either >.<

Archived