Guest the7REAL.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest teenace

@clinglebells

This is just my opinion and not fact...

They do have antis in Japan, cause there's antis everywhere. Not sure how prevalent they are.

And they did win awards but they haven't been invited to some of the big end-of-the year events. They're not doing poorly in Japan but not great either for a variety of reasons. Personally, I think they started out with ok promotions, not amazing but not bad either (sold around 40-50k) - I think they could have done better if they had chosen to redo a more popular song (Lies or Haru Haru, like Kara and SNSD have done) instead of redoing Heaven. The did Gara Gara Go next but promotions for that weren't that great since Dae got into his accident in the middle of that and they had to promote without their best singer for a while. As for this year, I'm not exactly sure what they're doing. They've change their style a lot which confuses fans and some of their songs have been hit or miss. PPl liked TMG but that wasn't promoted, they promoted BH but a month before the album dropped and it didn't do to well. Some of the members can't speak Japan or at least haven't shown they can speak Japanese despite being their over a year.

So to be honest they've had a lot of missteps in Japan -some of it their/management fault and some of it unforeseen. So to sum it up, I don't think they're necessarily unpopular in Japan but they're not popular either.

*This sounds more like a lounge question but it's been a slow last few days so whatever

They finished promoting GGG in Japan before Daesung's accident. Also they released covers of songs like Lies in english but it wasn't released as singles. I'm glad they did Heaven since I hate kpop singers redoing their famous hits in japanese and promoting it all over again ugh. It's just a quick cash thing for them.

I want them to start from the bottom up in Japan. Their audience at the Seoul-Tokyo event proved that they pulled more fans in even though some girl groups are selling more then them. I think concerts show off your success more then sales do. Fans can buy your singles multiple times but they can't clone themselves to fill up your stadium.

Their #1 goal in Japan is to fill up Tokyo Dome and hopefully they reach it one day.

Guest toozdae08

^

Wasn't really paying BB much attention at the time, sorry for getting that wrong.

Personally, I think Heaven was a good choice but they would have exploded more with Lies/ Haru I think. If instant popularity is what they were going for.

One thing I have to say about their Japanese activities is that they keep changing their sound, I'm waiting for them to find out what they're going to be over there. But maybe they're waiting for that hit.

^i love it when gd wears makeup like that. he looks so gorgeus. especially his eyes stand out. he has one finest sculptured face. also his styling is awesome. i like that necklace. omg i'm so biased help me ........omg omg omg

Guest Seoulfresh21

Seriously guys..if u guys are true VIPS then we shouldnt care what kind of music that their coming out with! As VIPS we should give them full support for their music! I love BB and they changed my life so much with their music.It doesnt matter to me how well they do in japan because all i need is for them to make good music and that makes me happy

All I can say is...

ANTIS WILL ALWAYS BE THERE.

But it's the groups and the fanclub's choice

if they'd let these antis ruin them

and their beliefs. And for BB, I think

they're doing well in Japan and in making

more and more Japanese people love them

with their music ^^

LMAO. THE PICTURE WITH BB THE ONLY ONES

POSING =))) Srsly, did the other 4 members

went Bingu like TOP too? Haha! They look

so cool and cute posing differently than

the other kpop artists who just stood there

and smiled at the cameras. Lol.

Guest peppermintsugar

Seriously guys..if u guys are true VIPS then we shouldnt care what kind of music that their coming out with! As VIPS we should give them full support for their music! I love BB and they changed my life so much with their music.It doesnt matter to me how well they do in japan because all i need is for them to make good music and that makes me happy

I feel quite the contrary, actually. As true V.I.P's you shouldn't just blindly accept and love anything they do. We love them because they do quality work that's from the heart. If I wanted a group that just threw out a bunch of trash then I could stan a ton of other groups just off of the top of my head (won't name any names since it's pure opinion).

I think it's good and acceptable to be critical of what they do. I'm sorry but if Big Bang's music starts to really lack what it was that made me fall in love with them, I won't continue to love them -- for what? Their good looks? There's lots of good looking idol groups out there, who cares.

Guest toozdae08

^

True.

I agree 100%.

I'm too old to be blindly likely boy bands cause of their looks, and I definitely wouldn't pay for music if I only liked the way someone looked.

I like BB for the music -if they start producing music I don't like then it may lead to problems in a our relationships.

Guest shinhdeplol

『BIGBANG PRESENTS ELECTRIC LOVE TOUR 2010』 Photobook Launch & Handshake:BIGBANG Official Blog Photo Update

-V.I BOX-

o0382057310841724375.jpg

展示会 最初に登場したBOXの中には

V.Iのソロ曲で

G-DRAGONが楽曲を手掛けた力作

「STRONG BABY」のMVで使用していたネクタイ

V.Iの衣装でなにかとポイントになっている手袋。

種類豊富な中から今回は黒いレザーにスタッド

の付いた重量感のあるものをピックアップ!!!

Via BIGBANGオフィシャルブログ

Taken from TeamBIGBANG

I think this close-up photo hasnt been posted before :P

b00011924cd2539506378.jpg

C: ㅈㄴㄷ@DCDS // 菘菘蓝 @ smileholic

GDae <33333333

gd2.th.jpggd3t.th.jpggd4y.th.jpggd5q.th.jpg

43059840.th.jpg32643577.th.jpg59791115.th.jpg48325200.th.jpggd1i.th.jpg

C: G.Dore @ bestiz

#2 and #3 on DVD chart yesterday :D

41834407.jpg

C: http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/dm/d/ // 공일이삼 @ bestiz

Guest nonblonde

I really want Daesung and Seungri hair to stand up too.

Why is it only the hyungs?

I think the boys are being considerate, bending down so the others are not being blocked.

Still no news on #bigbangcomeback :(

^ Big Bang, to me, is concerned with their music first and foremost so I think it would be more meaningful if their fans actually cared about the music. Some of their japanese songs I haven't added to my big bang playlist because I just don't really like them. We should support them and be open to new songs but we're allowed to not like some songs.

Don't be obliged to love everything they release ;)

I get what you're saying though -- let's support our boys when they make their come back in Korea!!

I think the boys are considerable successful in Japan. Some of my favourite songs are japanese releases such as Tell me Goodbye and Stay <3 They're signed with Universal, btw.

Guest missARROGANT

More Pics From Seoul Tokyo Festival

12690314.th.jpg28415901.th.jpg89708317.th.jpg72758938.th.jpg47773528.th.jpg51083579.th.jpg86041389.th.jpg59474595.th.jpg51331321.th.jpg25146921.th.jpg

39461367.jpg

26037535.jpg

35726045.jpg

cr:dcgd

Mostly is GD. Need more pictures of Dae and SR.

They are missing in most of the group photos

WORD. To both Taintedtears and Ginger.

To me there are two types of fans. Those who support the boys blindly and care less

about what they promote because they simply love BIGBANG no matter what. Another would

be fans who are the critical types..sometimes they seem to by ANTIS instead of fans

everytime they criticize the boys but that doesnt make them lesser fans because

they love the boys tremendously.

My take on this is that. When fans say something that criticize BB's music it doesnt

mean that they are hating on them but instead this is how they show their love

and support. WHY? because the truth will always come out from the family members and not

outsiders.

I dont like all the song though maybe there are parts that i like but certainly there are biases.

Fans need not to like everything that BIGBANG releases,that'll make us robots if we are forced to and

simply robs our ability to choose for our own.

As for their Japan activities. Im quite nervous everytime people talk about how they are doing

there. Id say they've had their shares of HIT and MISSES. But nonetheless they have created a name

for themselves and that's something that im proud of.

omg that were some hot pics of GD up there omgomgomgomgomgomg dying breathless here........ i absolutely love everything on him.i want more of gd's solo picsss from seoultokyo m.fest. . don't know which one to put on my desktop, all of them re so gorgeous omggggg awww!

Guest clinglebells

i feel that they are doing well in japan too, the japanese knows them and they got interviews in several magazines and stuff.

the reason i asked the question is just out of curiosity since im new to kpop and didnt know about how they did in japan

im so glad that ELT was a success this is one of the indicators of their fame in japan

shared??

87590951.png

waaaaaauuuuu they put gd's face as represantative of haru ost XD

he is so HOTTTT his face is so sexxyyy i love when he has a look like thatttttttttt

his eyes are so killing hot his lips too OMG O M G i'm so hot hot hyperventilation moment

i'm out

Archived