★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest shinhdeplol

i thought the reason TOP didn't have a music thread before is cuz he didn't officially have a solo song outside of BIGBANG. that's why no one made one for him. daesung has a music thread because he had Big Hit that was promoted for that chicken CF right? hmmm... so now that TOP has released Turn It Up shouldn't he have one too? or is it only created if the song is promoted? since Turn It Up was never promoted that means he can't have one yet, right? or is Turn It Up a song released as part of BIGBANG?

wow. BIGBANG is so complicated since they are like the only group to release solo songs within and outside of the group.

Sorry to cut your post :sweatingbullets:

With the release of Turn It Up, TOP can have an official music thread here in soompi but no one created it yet :D .

HuisuYoon said that she would do Dae's interview after Inkigayo :w00t:

11058993.jpg

93080873.jpg

93863776.jpg

17229718.jpg

26929609.jpg

66083258.jpg

65952397.jpg

67844777.jpg

74729282.jpg

C: http://mantan-web.jp/ // 빅뱅LOVE♡ @ bestiz

In one of the group photos, TOP looks like he's winking :lol:

They all look good :wub:

v :D

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Michala01

They look great. I really need more pics! I hope jVIPs take pics this time. Screw respect, give us some goddamned pics tongue.gif

Seungri's now the friend of the youngest child instead of the neighbour? I don't know if Ji's upgraded or downgraded him there lol 

Oh and I see he wants to buy his own house...hmmmmmmmmmm 

@taintedtears

What I wouldn't give to get my hands on it too! 

Guest shinhdeplol

Big Bang posters, stage costumes and accessories on display at Fukuya Bookstore in Tokyo, Ginza

bbhbb01101031.jpg

bbhbb02101031.jpg

bbhbb03101031.jpg

bbhbbcostume01101031.jpg

bbhbbcostume02101031.jpg

bbhbbcostume03101031.jpg

bbhbbcostume04101031.jpg

bbhbbcostume05101031.jpg

bbhbbcostume06101031.jpg

bbhbbcostume07101031.jpg

bbhbbcostume08101031.jpg

source : mantan-web.jp

taken from bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

OMG look at all the accessories :o :o :o

[TRANSLATION] TOP’s interview from Numero Tokyo magazine

topnumero01.th.jpg

1. What is your dream for BIGBANG and for yourself as a solo artist?

BIGBANG is just like a family, so we aim the same thing no matter what place we’re at. Our dream is to make another legend(?)-like stage, just like what we’ve done this far. We want to be the valuable ones so that everyone can call “the time of BIGBANG”.

2. What’s the difference between doing the stage with BIGBANG and as a solo artist?

For my solo experience, I get to experience acting in movies and dramas. It’s not like music at all. I want to keep my acting career going as long as there are people who still want to see me act. Yet I’m not at the place where I get to pick what I want to act because I’m still a newbie. But I want to surprise fans for my next character and hoped that it would be awesome.

3. Recently, what moved you the most while doing stages with BIGBANG?

Every day is a success and it moves me. The fact that I live this life every day is touching.

4. The most happy moment privately with just yourself?

Half a year ago, many things had happened, but the happiest thing for me was the hit movie which I was in, “Into the Fire”, and many people approved my acting in the movie.

5. What roles do you members play in a team?

The other members are saying that I’m the baby, the child, but I’m actually the oldest one so I play the father too. *laughs* I play both sides.

6. What do you think an ideal man needs to have?

Men with dignity. Always gentle, free spirited, and wise. I want to be a man who is not embarrassed from anything.

7. The place which you want to go to the most?

My hotel room *laughs*

8. The thing you want to get?

There are too many, can’t pick. *laughs*

9. The most precious thing you have now?

Huge bearbrick figure which is the size of a kindergarten child. I feel good even when I’m just looking at it. That and the fans!

10. Your type of girl?

A girl who thinks or likes what I do. A girl who can lead.

11. The difference between Japanese and Korean girls?

I don’t know much about Japanese girls…. just the fans of BIGBANG, I think they are both calm.

12. Store you usually shop in Japan?

Here and there, I go to Yaoyama center.

13. Brand you like?

14. What do you consider the most when you style yourself?

(13 & 14) I like John Galliano the best. I like classical suits, so also Thom Browne and Givenchy.

15. Artist you want to work with?

I want to ask Murakami Takashi to design my solo album cover! I think my thoughts are similar to his work, so I’ll be glad if I can ask him for a design. I want to know what person he is and what thoughts he has. I so want to meet and talk to him.

16. What have you been thinking recently besides music?

I’m considering what kind of movie I can do next after the movie, “Into the Fire”.

Japanese to Korean Translation: DCTOP

Korean to English Translation: HuisuYoon@21BANGS.com

Magazine Scanned by: -undercurrent@tumblr

{TRANS} Daesung’s Interview from Numero Tokyo Magazine

DS_numero-01.jpg

1. What is your dream for BIGBANG and for yourself as a solo artist?

I’ll be so glad if many people feel happy with BIGBANG’s music. I want to be the entertainer who makes people happy not only with music, but also with various things.

2. What’s the difference between doing the stage with BIGBANG and as a solo artist?

When I feel exhausted, with members we all cheer each other on. But as a solo artist, it’s so lonely because I’m all alone.

3. Recently, what moved you the most while doing stages with BIGBANG?

It’s not the “most”, it’s “always”. Same as TOP’s answer, I guess, but if I have to pick, it’s performing at the concert. It’s hard but it’s so fun, more than anything. It moves me no matter how many times I do (the concert).

4. The most happy moment privately with just yourself?

I came across my friend who came back to Korea from the U.S. It has been a while since we’d met each other. It has been about 7 years maybe.

G-DRAGON is the father, SOL is the mom. Me, I’m the boy who lives near by. TOP is the baby and VI is a pet!

6. What do you think an ideal man needs to have?

A man who works his best to never regret what he did in the past and approved by everyone no matter what he did.

7. The place which you want to go to the most?

Hawaii! Maybe go skiing in Japan!

8. The thing you want to get?

Hmm~.. what is it? It’s not popping in my head right away. *laughs*

My BIGBANG members. I thought like, “It’s so grateful to have met these kind of great members”, on the day when all BIGBANG members gathered to celebrate our 4th debut anniversary.

10. Your type of girl?

Girl who is like my soulmate, feels connected.

11. The difference between Japanese and Korean girls?

I don’t know that much about Japanese girls, just our fans, but they are feminine. Korean girls are energetic if that’s what I can call them?

12. Store you usually shop in Japan?

Isetan in Shinjuku and Yaoyama.

13. Brand you like?

Rick owens. I wear his clothing designs often.

14. What do you consider the most when you style yourself?

I like the designs which are simple and comfortable.

Hirai Ken. I’m a fan of him.

16. What have you been thinking recently besides music?

Cars! It’s not like I want to buy one, I’m just interested in them.

Japanese to Korean Translation: DCDS

Korean to English Translation: HuisuYoon@21BANGS.com

Magazine Scanned by: -undercurrent@tumblr

Guest Michala01

{TRANS} Daesung’s Interview from Numero Tokyo Magazine

My BIGBANG members. I thought like, “It’s so grateful to have met these kind of great members”, on the day when all BIGBANG members gathered to celebrate our 4th debut anniversary.

I found that so particularly sweet aww wub.gif  

TOP is the eternal child in the family it seems lol laugh.gif

Guest choco|HOLIC

G-DRAGON is the father, SOL is the mom. Me, I’m the boy who lives near by. TOP is the baby and VI is a pet!

Hirai Ken. I’m a fan of him.

LOL! Poor maknae. First a child's friend, next is a pet!!

Daesung is a fan of Hirai Ken, me too. ^_^ Hirai Ken's Canvas is awesome!!! :D

I really think that what VIPS have experienced these past 2 years--with Big Bang on hiatus and each individual member doing different solo projects--I think this is what we have to look forward to in the future as fans of Big Bang.

I've said this briefly before, but I honestly believe that GD, Taeyang, TOP, Daesung & Seungri will all re-sign with YG next year and continue being in Big Bang. BUT that doesn't mean I think they'll be as active as Big Bang as they were 2006-2008. I think they'll come together to make music together when it makes sense, promote in both Korea & Japan, and continue with their own solo projects--just like they've done 2009-2010.

This may just be my bias speaking here, but really Big Bang is the most unique kpop group. They're considered Idols, but are more artists, they do music promotions, but hardly any variety. They concentrate on music more than the image. They don't have to be everywhere to be relevant. They are an incredibly successful group, but are strong enough on their own that they don't necessarily need to be in a group.

& Big Bang is lucky enough to be in YG, which really allows the boys to actively pursue their individual interests, as musicians, artists, actors, producers, etc. And you KNOW that all the projects the boys take on as solo projects, are all things that they themselves choose to do. YG doesn't force them to do musicals, to do variety, to produce an album--the boys take it up on themselves.

These two things together--the fact that Big Bang's image/concept is atypical in kpop, and with a company that encourages their personal growth--create an atmosphere that best suits the boys. I firmly believe that they are aware of their fortunate position. They know that the group is special, that somehow, the combination of these 5 boys makes something magical, something that only they alone can create in the world.

& I believe that rather than having their solo projects draw them away from the group, instead these solo projects allow the boys a certain freedom that enables them to always look at Big Bang without bitterness or resentment. And in turn, the boys constantly reach for each other and keep Big Bang firmly at the center of their lives.

There is only one Big Bang. I'm sure the boys feel so grateful to have each other as group members, as brothers, and to have YG--all of whom root each other on as their greatest support.

To put it another way, I really believe their solo projects are healthy and necessarily for Big Bang to continue. In a group, members must sacrifice and compromise for the benefit of the GROUP. Their solo projects are an expression of just themselves as individuals, without compromise. That's why I'm not at all threatened by their solo projects.

The boys love Big Bang. I don't believe they have a reason to leave both the group or YG--what other company would allow them such freedom, what else would they do as soloists that they can't do as members of Big Bang?

Thus, I think the boys will continue as Big Bang for a few more years. It's just that it may take longer for them to release albums as they continue to develop their individual talents.

Guest juang_bb

Thanks for the translations of their interview. another interesting read :D

btw, has anyone translated and posted TAEYANG's ELT interview yet? i dont remember it being translated, i hope someone does soon.

also, GD... i dont know why you keep your songs in a USB and not keep it in file in the computers at YGE. but make sure you guard it with your life. :D

I loved the interview from Numero.

G.D is so smart, and keeps getting more mature day by day.

AND HE'S ONLY 23.

I've never seen a man with such head.

He thinks so deeply.

And he HAS the abilities.^_^

Guest toozdae08

^

I agree, I'm pretty sure they'll all resign. I know 100% that the hyungs will resign and I really can't imagine the maknaes leaving either.

With the group doing solos for the last 2 YEARS, VIPs apprehension about the cohesion and longevity of the group is understandable, esp last year when everyone felt so distant from each other. However, seeing how they've all been talking about the group and each other, how much support has been shown I can't imagine them ever leaving Big Bang - It may be bias talking but I can definitely see them pulling a Shinhwa and staying together for forever, even after their next contract ends. I don't think they'll stop being BIG BANG anytime soon cause they still have so much more to prove, I think they have at least another 2 Korean group albums after this one (though with YGE's time schedule and Japan we don't know).

Solo activities are amazing and they foster a lot of growth in the guys - they have to face the world alone, have to produce the album completely (YG gives them help and ppl but he doesn't hold their hands), they have to promote alone, make the decisions, face the fans and critiques alone and it's stressful and scary, especially considering that they're holding up the BB name with them. We've seen how much the stress had affected YB, GD and TOP last year -and even YB again this year though he didn't become depressed thankful, just couldn't sleep. Solos make the boys stronger, more creative and just broadens them as ppl. So I'm thankful for solo opportunities cause I see them grow the most during these periods. However, we see how much going back to the group means after the harsh realities of solo work, which makes me happy. I think the solo opportunities makes them want to be in BB more instead of less. Gives them the opportunity to stretch their wings in all aspects while giving them a safe landing - back home with the group.

Thank you guys, juang_bb, toozdae, michala, and CLI0 for replying and posting about the whole solo vs. group issue I posted. It reassured me in so many ways. I'm glad to hear from persons who feel the same level of love I do for Big Bang. It calms me down. :D This waiting for their new album really has me going through an emotional roller coaster. Like juang_bb has posted in the main thread, it's really such a cycle. Excitement-lull-excitement then lull again. Big Bang is the only group that I feel this way about (2NE1 comes a close second). The only ones I'm obsessed about.

Anyway, what's funny is everytime these feeling of insecurity about BB comes up, Big Bang manages to "answer" and reassure me that they love each other. After I posted my thoughts on their solo careers, the translation for their Numero Tokyo came out and my babies talked about solo vs. BB activities. The interview is pretty recent and it just really makes me happy. I liked the "homebase" and battlefield comparison you guys put out and BB seem to agree to that. When they talked about being lonely as solo artists and happier as a group, my heart almost burst with happiness. I'm so dramatic and cheesy but it just makes me happy to see them grow closer throughout the years. I really do hope they pull a Shinhwa and stay friends and group mates for a long long time.

Thanks again guys :D

I agree, my hope is that the group follow Shinhwa in terms of doing their own thing, but remaining a group for a long time. I don't think this is an unrealistic hope. I think if any group could stay together for another ten years in kpop, its definitely Big Bang.

& yeah, the boys want to do solo projects just for themselves, and know that its necessary for them to do things on their own, but as we have all read/seen, theres just something about being with the other members of Big Bang that centers them, reassures them, calms them.

I think part of the reason why the boys are so successful in the solo projects is BECAUSE they are in Big Bang--not in spite of it. Because its terribly difficult to promote or do projects on your own. Imagine the loneliness, the stress, the pressure. And to do all of it without having, really, anyone to confide in, anyone who understands you. Managers can only do so much.

But GD, TOP, Taeyang, Daesung & Seungri don't have to go through any solo project completely alone. They all know that there are 4 other individuals who understand what they are going through, what it all means to them. I think that thought alone is unbelievably empowering as it is comforting.

And knowing they have a safe haven, a place where they can just be & dont have to question anything, don't have to say a word, and yet be in complete understanding of 4 other people, does a lot for the boys.

To me, that is the biggest strength of Big Bang. they trust, support, and comfort each other endlessly, and without question. They are steadfast to one another, because their relationships are so important to their well-being. That's why I believe Big Bang will continue for a long time.

& yeah, the cycle of being a VIP is difficult and long. But the boys ARE really so good to us, and make the wait worth it.

Guest shinhdeplol

Source:ki28ri@YT

Shared by Tisya @ bigbangupdates

Special Gift from BBPM x BBHK!

bbpmbbhk1.jpg

bbpmbbhk2.jpg

bbpmbbhk3.jpg

bbpmbbhk4.jpg

"Credit to Pandabobo & Bigbang Hong Kong Fan Club."

They even prepare gifts for YG's daughter :wub:

Guest sweetflower

I've been following BB solely and faithfully since 2007 - not once during the years have I been remotely interested or impressed with other groups (including 2ne1) or solo acts  - this is a testimony as to how MUCH BB have made an impact in my life.  Being a long time fan, I've seen how BB as a group and as soloists have developed over the years.  

SEUNGRI:  If someone was to ask me 2 years ago 'member most likely will NOT re-sign with YG once their contract expired?' - I would not hesitate to say SR.  Misunderstood or not, no one can deny that SR is ambitious and if given a chance he would put himself first before the group.  I was sincerely afraid that once the contract ends and if another company offers him solo opportunity and better perks, he would be very tempted to do so.  However, recently I've noticed that SR has mellowed down a lot and matured - a boy becoming a man.  I was comforted by the fact that he said that BB, and being a part of BB, was/is the best thing that could have happened to him.  Of course, SR is still ambitious, still confident, but at least now he realized that he's not an island by himself and that he needs help and support from his members.

DAESUNG: Daesung is the one person that remains a mystery to me, even after all these years.  I see DS always calm, happy, and smiling in interviews, concerts, live performances, meetings...but yet I feel that this is just a front that he puts up.  He's there with the group, but he's really not there there - physically he is, but mentally he's somewhere else.  Along the years, he lost some of his love for music - if his love was 100% before, it's probably 60-80% now.  As the other members developed and stepped firmly into their roles, DS lost his identity.  I felt that he was feeling useless cause really what is his role in BB?   Producer/composer belongs to GD, rap/jokes to TOP, voice/dance to TY, and cute youngest to SR.  At the most, he's only the 2nd main vocal - he does everything well, but doesn't shine in any one particular category.  I asked myself 'when was DS the happiest?' - and he's probably the happiest during FO period.  Why?  Maybe because that was the first time that he's achieving something by himself without the help of anyone else, finally feeling useful, finally being recognized as the gag man in BB.  I hope that DS can find the passion for music I saw during trainee days again and if DS decides not to re-sign with YG and instead branch out to variety, then I'm more than happy for him.  Cause while SR is always striving and trying to find ways to be better and to get out from under his hyungs' shadows, DS doesn't have this drive, this aggression - a timid person, always a follower and not a leader.      

Lord, I just realized that I wrote a whole thesis...I was going to do the 3 hyungs too, but I wrote too much already so I will stop before it gets boring.

EDIT: Thanks for the positive responses and for not misunderstanding my post as a 'bashing' post.  I honestly would love to write on the 3 hyungs cause I do have a lot to say about them (even more so than SR + DS)...but for those that remembered my previous posts, I tend to not mince my words and can be too honest about my opinions leading to a lot of hurt feelings to fans of the 3 hyungs, so I will keep the peace while avoiding the pitch-fork mob :-D

I've been following BB solely and faithfully since 2007 - not once during the years have I been remotely interested or impressed with other groups (including 2ne1) or solo acts - this is a testimony as to how MUCH BB have made an impact in my life. Being a long time fan, I've seen how BB as a group and as soloists have developed over the years.

SEUNGRI: If someone was to ask me 2 years ago 'member most likely will NOT re-sign with YG once their contract expired?' - I would not hesitate to say SR. Misunderstood or not, no one can deny that SR is ambitious and if given a chance he would put himself first before the group. I was sincerely afraid that once the contract ends and if another company offers him solo opportunity and better perks, he would be very tempted to do so. However, recently I've noticed that SR has mellowed down a lot and matured - a boy becoming a man. I was comforted by the fact that he said that BB, and being a part of BB, was/is the best thing that could have happened to him. Of course, SR is still ambitious, still confident, but at least now he realized that he's not an island by himself and that he needs help and support from his members.

DAESUNG: Daesung is the one person that remains a mystery to me, even after all these years. I see DS always calm, happy, and smiling in interviews, concerts, live performances, meetings...but yet I feel that this is just a front that he puts up. He's there with the group, but he's really not there there - physically he is, but mentally he's somewhere else. Along the years, he lost some of his love for music - if his love was 100% before, it's probably 60-80% now. As the other members developed and stepped firmly into their roles, DS lost his identity. I felt that he was feeling useless cause really what is his role in BB? Producer/composer belongs to GD, rap/jokes to TOP, voice/dance to TY, and cute youngest to SR. At the most, he's only the 2nd main vocal - he does everything well, but doesn't shine in any one particular category. I asked myself 'when was DS the happiest?' - and he's probably the happiest during FO period. Why? Maybe because that was the first time that he's achieving something by himself without the help of anyone else, finally feeling useful, finally being recognized as the gag man in BB. I hope that DS can find the passion for music I saw during trainee days again and if DS decides not to re-sign with YG and instead branch out to variety, then I'm more than happy for him. Cause while SR is always striving and trying to find ways to be better and to get out from under his hyungs' shadows, DS doesn't have this drive, this aggression - a timid person, always a follower and not a leader.

Lord, I just realized that I wrote a whole thesis...I was going to do the 3 hyungs too, but I wrote too much already so I will stop before it gets boring.

Let me just say that I'm so happy you posted on this. Your perspective is so much more different from mine since you've known and followed the boys longest. So you know them better than I could ever know them. Your post made me realize how little I pay attention to the maknaes and how I take them for granted. I've been too focused on the three hyungs. I've always professed that I have no significant bias out of the 5 boys but lately, I've been wondering on this myself. I guess I do have a bigger bias with GD and then TOP and Bae. I observe them more, I guess, because the spotlight is constantly on them.

On Seungri, it never once occurred to me that he'll get out of YG. I've always thought that since he's very grateful to YG and he has been very vocal about his Big Bang being important to him, he most likely won't leave the YG stable. I guess it's a pretty new thing for him based on your post. I've never really thought of his ambitious side as the potential reason for him leaving. But in retrospect, especially after seeing him being pulled out of his MC job in Enjoy Today and him not really looking happy these days, I can see your point. While on the subject, these days, I'm appreciating Seungri more and more especially as he gets more exposure and with the way he's handling himself. He just seems like the person who tries very very hard to achieve what he wants. I admire that in a person and I see him really succeeding in whatever he puts his mind on. In BBTV season 1, YG and GD made fun of him reading a self-improvement book. I found it cool, tbh. I think him reading those books has helped him cope up with all the criticism that he's gotten even from his own family. He has improved so much over the years in so many aspects that I can't help but be annoyed by people constantly saying that he's a useless member. He isn't.

Your post about Daesung is something that I've been pondering about but have been reluctant to bring up since I don't know much about him. He rarely shares something about himself even in the 10asia interview. I see the truth in so much of your observations that my heart really hurts for him. I don't know about his passion for music, but I see how he's fallen in love with his Family Outing members and I feel that he's really comfortable with them. He's much more carefree with them and lighthearted too whereas with BB, I feel like he's been trying to fit in since day one. It made me sad how Dae's been left alone in that one new year while the rest of the members were off somewhere else and Bae saying that Dae stays too much inside his room. And the way he's trying so hard to please the hyungs in 1N2D parody also made me sad for him. I know it's supposed to be for the fun of it, but I just really wish they'd extend some affection to him and spend time trying to bring him out of his shell. I guess the BB boys not being affectionate is a handicap in Dae's case. I do agree about your point about him being lost in his role in the group when they were very active in Big Bang. I only caught the tail end of their "active status" in Korea since I only got into the fandom in '08 but I saw that when they guested in Sang sang Plus in December '08 when GD pointed it out. I've always considered Dae's vocals as the one that really carries BB's songs because it has so much feeling in it. In fact, if no one told me that Bae was the lead vocals, I would have said Dae is their main instead of sub-vocals.

But, so far, I'm seeing some changes in the boys and in their relationship this 2010. I really think that they're all making efforts to re-establish relationships or build ones that haven't been built. I'd like to believe it, at least. I've always seen 2009 and their solos making them more appreciative of each other. But there are really days when I question for how long they can keep BB together. For now, I think YG is re-evaluating his strategies for the boys. I'd like to say I'll be happy if Dae leaves YG to pursue variety more but I'm really too attached to their togetherness at the moment. At this point, however, I think Dae's still going to stay in YG since his career is picking up and he's being given other opportunities. He may rediscover his love for music as well after almost losing his voice in the car accident in '09 too.

I'd like to know your perspective on the hyungs too. It's hard to come across older BB fans these days since they've been on hiatus for so long and many have either moved on other groups or moved on from kpop.

Guest toozdae08

@sweetflower

No continue writing, I found what you had to say very vinteresting. Also I agree with you.

Daesung and Seungri are the ones that I had worried about not resigning but Seungri has definitely matured so much this year and seems to be becoming closer to his hyungs that I have to say I'm more confident of him resigning. Daesung is the only one that has me worried -I'm pretty sure he'll resign but I'm left wondering if he's happy and also about how close he is with the rest of the boys.

Daesung is the most open and funny on camera but the boys have always said he's the most quiet and closed off off screen, and they've been getting more vocal about it too. YB has mentioned how despite sharing everything with Daesung, Daesung rarely shares his thoughts and stuff with him. And then reading Dae's ELT interview and how distant he placed himself with the group - he was the distant uncle that occasionally visited -that made me sad. I feel that while the rest of the group is growing closer this year, Dae has been pulling away a little.

Also, I'm curious as to where this line came from

"GD: I've just grown wings to try and fly higher; I've come too far to fall now and there's no way back at this point anyway."

@no1

I've paid a lot of attention to the maknaes and I'm in love with Seungri's drive right now -boy is amazing and I'm hoping he stays with YG. He's seems to have become really attached to BB lately and I'm very happy about it. But I also watched the IN2D parody and I was really upset with how they were teasing Dae, he was trying really hard, I know they had a hard year and that it had been a while since they'd been together like that but I was a little upset by it. But we all know that 2009 wasn't their best year. Lately, we've seen the boys, esp TOP, reach out to him more. I'm hoping the views he expressed during ELT has changed - that he sees himself as part of the BB family and not a distant relative.

Archived