★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

Guest queen;ofhearts.

TOP’s interview from Electric Love Tour photobook

First, how’s your feeling to end the Electric Love Tour?

Honestly, I was just so surprised. I kind of had the image of Japanese fans being so quiet and I was so glad that everyone enjoyed it with us just as Korean fans do. I was so proud of ourselves of what we had done when I was seeing that. It was a memorable tour in every meaning. Also, I started to feel greedy about how we will do our stages in Japan from now on. I think there are more things that we can do next time.

Your performances are so manly that they are just so loved by the male fans in Japan.

I hope so. There are many male fans like my performances in Korea too. It’s not that I am aiming for it, but it’s my rap style that it is so manly. I think I’m having this color for myself because I’d searched for just my own rap & vocal styles starting when I was little.

Can you explain more about your style?

I think I’m restraining my moves on the stage more than rapping. That’s the style and my theory which I think it’s cool. Most of all, I don’t like to overact on the stages. I want to try new things and add some revolutionary elements, but I want to express it with some restraint, naturally rather than with some boast.

I think it’s TOP’s theory of being manly.

Ah yeah, maybe.

So, you originally liked gangster rap?

(in Japanese) It started when I was ten.

Ah, when you were ten? *laughs*

Yeah, I tried a little Japanese.

Ah ha ha, a little right? *laughs* So, from ten, what?

From ten, I listened to music, kind of dark, such as like gangster rap, from New York/East Coast ones. I was always thinking how to make it with my style over and over. Like how to express it with my flow, my color. I thought it was weird to just imitate the American hip hop culture because I’m Korean. So I wanted it to have some eastern soul, so this is what it looks like now.

Yeah, but from ten, you practiced your rap with the high tone voice, even before you broke your voice.

*laughs* Yeah right. *laughs* but this rap tone for now, it’s not what I had originally. It’s the made one. I practiced to have some heavy voice rather than just a low tone.

But you sound so much cool while your talking like this. It’s your real voice, right?

No, not quite. It’s just been like this for a while after I started to act, but I am trying to change my voice. I think it’s better to have a voice tone that everyone can understand.

You control yourself that much?

Well, I think it’s necessary. I think everything of a man is made by our habits. For example, thinking that standing on the live stages or acting in front of the cameras, as an actor, it looks like we are all 100% focused on what our characters should do, but actually we are all showing what our habits and lifestyles are. So I think I want to be in shape of pure white, getting rid of my habits as soon as possible. Well, at least I wish I would be.

Aren’t those kinds of wishes make you more concerned?

Well, I am concerned, so I want to be perfect soon. For now, many people know me and expect from me. They are like “TOP will do like this and do like that to make us entertained”. At first, I was so glad, but as time goes by, it was restricting myself. I was feeling nervous, thinking like “what if I don’t satisfy their expectations?” So I thought that I must work harder to be perfect. If I am perfect, then I will satisfy their expectations and then i won’t have to feel concerned.

I think I know what you are talking about.

I’m always thinking about this all the time that we design our lives by ourselves, right? I want to be a person who is better than what I was yesterday, a person who is not embarrassed when to look back. I sometimes can’t forgive myself on what I’d already done and felt regret.

Maybe people, like you, are ascetic.

Yeah, but I think that’s the way it should be.        

But sometimes, don’t you want to relax yourself?

I thought like that before, but um.., maybe I should say “I live with madness about my work? (A workaholic)” This is the period that I want to live in my work, so I don’t think I need that much rest .

Crazy for music, right?

(in Japanese) Crazy for “sigoto”. (sigoto is a Japanese word for “work”)

Oh, Japanese!

Sigoto, *laughs* Um, what should I say. I think I will have much back for me when I don’t have some responsibility while I’m working, even though it’s really hard. There are some times when I have to work on what I’m lacking on. That’s the reason why I don’t want to have some rest. I think it’s kind of selfish, but only work is kind of a thing to satisfy myself.

But you lack of something because you are a human being.

Oh yeah, honestly I am so much lonely when I’m alone. *laughs*

Ah, you don’t look that way, but you are a lonely boy, right? *laughs*

I think it’s because my lifestyle is too extreme. Many times I’m just stuck in the too-extreme situation. For example, I was shooting for the movie that was about the Korean war and I was practicing for this Electric Love Tour. I was very busy and there were so many things that stimulated me. My brain is still young, so it can absorb much stimulation but mentally, I was confused of some parts. Maybe that’s why I’m so lonely when I am alone. I mean I am really alone.

So what do you usually do when you are alone?

Most of the times I think about the past. Like “Yesterday, it was like this.” or “Last week, it was like this.” It’s those times to arrange my thoughts. Maybe listening to jazz music, drinking a glass of wine, checking on my figures..

Ah, just like the rumor…

Ah, no no, I’m not a pervert!!!

Yeah i know. *laughs* I heard it from SeungRi that you bought some expensive bearbricks.

Yeah, you know… um, I pass out about how much it costs.. *laughs* I like the plastic ones. Most boys like the square-like ones, such as robots, but I like the curvy ones, such as bearbricks.

What do you like about the plastics?

It’s elaborate. It feels like it’s so full, nothing to be added more. There are some impossible, unperfect things for humans, right? Including me, all people want to be the perfect ones, but we can’t be. So maybe I’m getting vicarious satisfaction when I’m watching the bearbricks? I’m owing them, just like “how can you be so perfect!” *laughs*

Eventually, it’s like, it’s simple but it’s perfect.

Yeah, it’s beautiful because it’s simple. We all want to live in a simple way, but it’s such a hard thing for humans. It will never get ashamed or something even as the time goes by.

Maybe it’s because you always wanted to make your characters or some other works perfect? I feel you’re different, every time I see you.

I think I must be new every time. I don’t want to be defined like, “This is TOP!”

Yes, I got it.

Whenever you look, you will be bored if you are looking at the same TOP all the time right? So I think I should always show you the new me. In that reason, I have to cover myself every time. Maybe I should say I’m covering my true self. It’s better to exclude my real life. I have to act a new character when I’m acting, so I don’t have to emphasize my color more keenly.

Even I only talk about the music, it’s way different when you are rapping fiercely and when you are just flowing with some melody.

That’s the point i’m thinking it is the politeness to our listeners. I think it’s a professional to always feel fresh. I think it’s my ability rather than it’s just my mental if it is possible or not. I have respected such musicians who shows things that I wasn’t able to do and I wish I could be one of them.

I’m not sure who is the real TOP.

(in Japanese) That is because I’m not that famous in Japan.

And why are you answering that in japanese? *laughs*

Ah, no. Just wanting you to support us more. *laughs*

The people who are around you, what do they say about TOP?

Members are saying that I’m delicate and when I start something, I go too deep. I don’t want to show my weakness or my nervousness, but I’m thinking that it’s impossible because the Big Bang members are just like a family for me. I know it’s better when I’m not hiding myself. Ah and our members are thinking the same, including our staffs, I think.

How about the other members?

Very innocent. I think they think innocently. Being innocent and a professional are my ideal ones. They’re the types that are not troublemakers because we all have very different characters. It’s a very great group. What do you think the most important thing to make such a great group?

Ah.., well, what?

I’m thinking that the oldest one is the very important one. *laughs*

Ah.. well, do you have a word that’s saying self compliment?

(in japanese) Yes, I was just kidding, kidding *laughs*

But is it true that there are some parts that need the old one’s work?

Well actually, I don’t have some brother-like character originally. I don’t really like to lead enthusiastically and teach in front. I’m actually watching the others from behind, quietly. Each of our members have strong charateristics and they are all independent mentally, so there’s some parts that we are all thinking it’s kind of not good to be too much considerate to each other. That is the part which is so professional. So I want to watch us in the back. And well, while we are working, I think that just one or two years difference is just nothing. Also the youngest one, SeungRi seems to feel more comfortable with me, better than the other 3. Sometimes he just ignores me. *laughs*

You are so strict to yourself, are you the same to the others?

No no, I’m not that much of a strict person. I don’t think i’m strict to myself more than I need to be. I’m feeling that I’m kind of a weird person now. *laughs*

At least I heard your blood type is B, more than the other Bs, *laughs*

Well, I don’t know myself well. I’m just wandering around all the time because I think differently from time to time.

You are a kind of person who can’t really handle yourself.

Yes, that’s why I’m just not good at dating a person.

Ah yes… no, I didn’t ask that *laughs*

Ah haha, yeah. my bad.

So maybe you like girls on top, controlling you. Right?

Huh? That sounds not good. *laughs* I’m a type of guy who wants to give his all to his girlfriend, so I want to show myself which is unknown by others to her. How about that?

You are making the ending so cool, right?

Yes, *laughs* but, um…

Yes?

You think that i’m wrapping myself too much, like to be cool?

Um, it’s kind of out of nowhere *laughs*

This is the way i’m self suggesting.

Ah yeah and this is very efficient in someways.

Yeah, right? I think people are changing by the words they are saying. Because when you said something, you struggle to make it that way. So I say things as I’m thinking of how to say them out loud and try to act that way, just drawing that figure in my head.

Were you like that when you were younger?

I was more of a dark person when I was young. But for now, I feel I’m bright and am healthy. Maybe it’s the effect of my favorite music. Hip hop and African American music effected me and I was kind of restraining myself. I spent so much time just sitting on my desk and writing my lyrics or thinking.

But that’s the way the child should be, some parts they’re foolish.

Well, I’m saying this because it’s all in the past, but I am naughty some times. When I was a teenager, I sometimes do things that were so foolish. selfish and sensitive. I’m quite positive now because I’m a grownup and also I think myself with my work.

Working is quite interesting, right?

Yeah, I’m enjoying it so much. What can I say, it’s like making my life full. It’s not like being famous worldwide that I’m feeling it’s interesting or happy. I just work hard, doing my best at what’s in front of myself. Honestly, I’m glad that people are starting to have some interests in Big Bang because of my act, showing them the new part of myself.

So, what is that Big Bang going to do next?

I’m not the type of guy who thinks about his future, but one thought popped up when I was meditating 3 days ago. Even when we look worldwidely, the average year of a boy group is only 5 years. Maybe we can do 20 or 30 years more or we can just end with 5. No one knows what will happen, but we want it to be a really great group that will make people someday when they are talking about music say, “the past and the following music years, were centered by Big Bang”. We want ourselves and our music to be a beautiful memory for people no matter how much the time has past.

What’s your personal goal?

I want the word “monster” to be added to me, as an artist and as a person. I should say that I make everyone think. I’m so unusual that people just have to have their eyes on me. I dream to be like that as just TOP myself, and also in Big Bang.

Well you seem enough to be the unusual monster for now too.

Well, you are just flattering me because it’s the last question right?

Ah, you are right, it’s the end. *laughs*

Well, thank you for the compliment. *laughs* I will do my best to make you think just the same as always from now on.

Japanese to Korean translation: DCTOP

Korean to English translation: HuisuYoon@21BANGS.com

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh? That sounds not good. *laughs* I’m a type of guy who wants to give his all to his girlfriend, so I want to show myself which is unknown by others to her. How about that?

:blink:

Um... LOL.

I’m not the type of guy who thinks about his future, but one thought popped up when I was meditating 3 days ago. Even when we look worldwidely, the average year of a boy group is only 5 years. Maybe we can do 20 or 30 years more or we can just end with 5. No one knows what will happen, but we want it to be a really great group that will make people someday when they are talking about music say, “the past and the following music years, were centered by Big Bang”. We want ourselves and our music to be a beautiful memory for people no matter how much the time has past.

^ please TOP not 5 years. 20 years sounds lovely.

I've always thought that while GD is the leader, and Taeyang is like the secondary support, I feel like beyond just the group, or the music, TOP is the one who overseas it all...because he's the hyung. He lets everyone shine the way they can, and quietly makes sure everyone is doing well. Oh, TOP, loves you. ^_^

Guest Banana Peel

Ah, just like the rumor…

Ah, no no, I’m not a pervert!!!

Gahhh, why is TOP so cute HAHAHA, his personality definitely shines through an interview like this ^^

LOL, what? HAHAH, oh this interview is so random and weird. And TOP just sounds cuter by each answer. <3

Awwee, I love this interview! I wish this was all in a video so I can see his expressions! hhahaha. Thanks to those of you who are posting these interviews of big bang <3

Guest toozdae08

^

I'm really curious about this rumor that has him saying he isn't a pervert - is there something I should know about or is it more on his foot fetish.

Lol, but I always love reading TOP's interviews - he's such an interesting person. I think he's my fav BB member to read the interviews of. And despite reading a ton of his interviews, I still feel like there's so much of him I don't know.

Guest shinhdeplol

[Pics & Translation] DCVI fans' gifts for MBC "Enjoy Today" and Seungri's message to DCVI

a00458394cb1b134a946ai.jpg

o DCVI!

How is everyone doing?

I am going to COMEBACK soon!

Need everyone's strength!

Show it to me!

Looking forward to it!

Hwaiting!

-Seungri-

The fans' gifts

15047570.jpg

More gifts here:

13230504.jpg

61294439.jpg

71014671.jpg

source : DCVI

Chinese translation : 瑶瑶, thanks to 腻儿zaVI @ baidu

English translation : Miseremei @ bigbanghaven.blogspot.com

credit if re-post & do not edit any of the credits

Guest propera898

so awesome i really love his interviews he is such an interesting character , love his answer he has the same thoughts as Gdragon ,, he doesnt know how many years they will last and he is not interested in taht , he only cares as gdragon to let a big happy impression on the people and i love that.

they have certainly acomplish taht. but i think they still have a lot more to acomplish . a lot they can do , they have what it takes to do alot more :) and honestly i hope they do because i cant imagine the day bigbang no longer excist T.T i cant even stand a day without bigbang , they might not be on the scene now but i still know they are there and that makes it up for me a lot so i hope to always know they are there. FIGHITNG BIGBANG!

Guest toozdae08

DAYUM - DCVI is amazing. Look at all the support they gave Strong Baby. And Seungri Day is coming up soon too, are they going to do something for that too.

I wonder what Ri meant by the comeback statement - hoping it's about BB.

Guest peppermintsugar

^

I'm really curious about this rumor that has him saying he isn't a pervert - is there something I should know about or is it more on his foot fetish.

Lol, but I always love reading TOP's interviews - he's such an interesting person. I think he's my fav BB member to read the interviews of. And despite reading a ton of his interviews, I still feel like there's so much of him I don't know.

I agree! It kind of makes me sad from a fangirls perspective though because it means that logically, I'll never have a clear grasp on what kind of person he really is, which I suppose is natural since I'll probably never meet him. Then again, fangirls have met and married their bias in the past so who knows :o

The interview made me feel a little sad though, he puts so much pressure on himself. Saying he wants to act and be perfect when no one can be perfect in reality. He seems to have a very good head on his shoulders, I love reading his interviews so much.

Guest Michala01

gosh TOP has this ability to really make me think after I read some of his more indepth interviews. 

I think out of all the members he is the one who is most, how should I say it.....secretive? about his real life. TOP definitely seems to actively control that line between his personal life/self and the performer he presents on stage or in movies - whichever medium it is. It takes a really strong person to be able to do that. Some fans may not like this but I think it is better for him in the long run. There is still a part of the real TOP in his stage persona of course, he isn't that amazing an actor, no one is lol. 

I feel like he has the sort of personality that can swing from one extreme to another. Cool and collected at one time (as we know he really enjoys his meditating) and then silly and playful at other times. In that way he's quite mysterious cause you never know what you're going to get. 

I loveeee him! He's like the sort of person I would be attracted to in real life for better or worse. wub.gif

Again TOP in this interview reiterates what all the other members have said too, that Big Bang wants to make music that people will remember. I love that their focus is on their art. I think this is why they really do shine and excel in what they do. 

@Shinhdeplol

Wow those gifts for Seungri and the crew of Enjoy Today are just amazing! The fans always outdo themselves I swear. Hopefully it got his spirits up and he recovers soon

lol at daedae's

anywhere door...hahaha..

i love that idea of him....

i also love his anwer on what

will be the others members role

in the family...

and that movie...hachiko...

i also watched it..and trust me..

it will really make you cry..

1. bigbang comeback

3. bigbang teaser (omg)

4. kwon jiyong

5. bigbang 3rd album (regular)

6. inkigayo bigbang

7. yang hyunsuk

9. vip trance

If this is any near TRUE i think i'll have a heart attack! LOLS

Macrina tagged me with the 'possible' GD twitter account but IDK...

anyhow 10.10.10-- i thought this was their comeback but obviously not. I dont want

to put a date on their comeback anymore because i might just end up frustrated.

But i'll just wait PATIENTLY..

GAHH I already finished watching all my BIGBANG CONCERT DVDS.haha i miss them that MUCH!

thanks to all who posted.

Guest shinhdeplol

I hope I can post this here ^^

Spot TOP watching Tae performing???? LOLL I find it so incredibly cute, he seems like just a normal fan :wub:

viewimagedo.jpg

C: babycome @ bestiz

Guest juang_bb

thanks for posting DAE's and TOP's interviews. :)

DAEDAE... he's really not good in expressing his feelings and thoughts to other people. despite his gag persona, it seems like he really is more introverted offcam. I hope he gets to express himself more but I really love how they all make an effort to bring their own color to the group. and also, i love how maknae just keeps on being mentioned in Dae's interview. :D

TOP... oh, wow. his interviews are just always... INTERESTING! there's a lot of meaning and he has an unconventional way of answering questions. sometimes, i have to read his answers again just to make sure i get what he meant exactly. i LOL'd at the part of liking a "girl who's on top of him" LMAO! Tabi having naughty thoughts! :lol: Like what TOP said, he likes showing a different side of him everytime, but it is still all him. sometimes, i feel like i kinda know him, but then again, these interviews will make me realize that i'll probably never understand the real choi seunghyun. eitherway, im happy to see a glimpse of who he is whenever i read his interviews. and Tabi, don't end it at 5... but I really love their goal as a group. and with that, i believe they are bound to achieve far greater things!!!

oh, and maknae being more comfortable now with TOP hyung than the 3... DOUBLE SEUNGHYUNS!!! well, it's kinda noticeable lately that the two have gone closer than before, i guess their drinking sessions worked?!? :D

^^ that pic of Tabi watching YB perform, it's so cute! :lol: I dunno, it kinda made me happy just seeing those pics... love how he watches him, lots of ToBae love lately :D

lastly, I love when Tabi said that he is watching his dongsaengs from the back. it's like he is watching over them, making sure that he'll see it if somethings happens to one of them. no wonder, based on his speech to GD during their 1N2D parody, it's clear that he understood completely what GD's going through. aren't they adorable?!? GD leads from the front, YB is his main support, Tabi watches over them from the back, while the maknaes do their thing for the group. awesome really! :D

Guest juang_bb

have you guys seen the promotional reel of MAMA 2010..

seems like Big Bang will be there.

i just saw it...

and i saw this on their description

2010 MAMA from Macau coming soon...

ASIA's No1 Music Award Ceremony

Satellite broadcast throughout 45 countries!

Feat : Rain, 2NE1, Big Bang, 2PM, 2AM, etc

4 hour live broadcast from Macau

December 28th, 2010 6:00pm (Seoul Time)

of course, since BB hasn't made their comeback yet, we're not so sure whether they'll be there. i mean if they're coming out late, do you think YG will let them attend if they won't be up for any awards?

on the other hand, i kinda got excited and hopeful when I saw their name listed. I mean Rain, 2ne1, 2PM, 2AM were all active this year and are likely attendees to the event, why put BB's name in there?!? i get a feeling that MNET already talked to YG about this. also, isn't it that Mnet usually holds MAMA/MKMF in November? they pushed it this time to December 28th. so if BB comes back by early November, will they be able to make the cut off?!?

aahhhh... all these stuff and not having anything official is driving me nuts. lol! :lol: wait and see... wait and see.... aigoooo

Guest toozdae08

^

I'm not sure if BB will be eligible but I think so cause you're right- Mnet did push the MAMA's back by like a month. Last year it was Nov. 21st or so and now it's Dec. 28th. Perfect fit for BB. The MAMA will be in the midst of the End of the Year Gayos.

Mnet is YGE's distributor right? And I think they hold some stake (10-20%) in YGE so they should have some insider knowledge on BB's comeback date. For me, this is just a confirmation that BB is coming back very very soon. I'm thinking 1st week of Nov. 2nd at the latest.

I think this is the 10/10/10 sign we've been waiting for (I'll take what I can get).

^

@juang_bb

MKMF usually holds around Nov if I'm not mistaken

coz I remember watching it live in 2008

Ahhh..I really hope that Mnet pushed the date to Dec

so that Bigbang could attend it

believe me,it's not just you

this uncertainty is driving me crazy too lmao

Guest juang_bb

that info just really made me hopeful... i said i'll wait patiently but i can't help having thoughts about their comeback already!

will NOVEMBER be the month we've been waiting for?!? I really hope so.

since 10/10/10 date is gone... should we make a guess of other possible dates?!?

i've been thinking about these dates actually...

11/04/10 - TOP's birthday.

11/11/10 - a lot of number 1's ;)

and those two dates are THURSDAYS. i noticed how YG often releases new stuff on thursdays. recent examples... YB's Solar and 2ne1's album.

sorry if im like getting ahead of myself here, and i know i've said i'll wait patiently, but i cant help it. :P

vvv and how adorable is it that im exactly 3 months older than TOP?!? :lol::P

Archived