★彡yg ♪♬♪ The Official Big Bang [빅뱅] Thread ver. 2

Guest the7REAL.

I have a question...I've been listening to rap lately and I've noticed there's a lot more to rapping than mere charisma and having a unique voice. I'm not Korean, so I have no idea what our boys sing most of the times...especially the rapping. I mean the only part I can sing in their songs are the English part...so I'm honestly curious about how the Korean public view GD and TOP as rappers. Like their rapping skills and enunciation and all that. I mean I see iVIPs defending TOP and GD all the times on Youtube and saying they're the best rappers and stuff...but when I ask my Korean friends...most of them don't even know what GD and TOP are saying half of the times. So I'm wondering if maybe they're good rappers to us because many of us (myself) do not understand what they are talking about as long as they have mad charisma...(and they do). I don't mean to offend any fans...it's just it's hard to defend your idols when you truly do not understand half of what they're trying to come across through their music.

• Replies 42.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually know what you mean...I too want to know what people think of GD and TOP's rapping...for me I like how they deliver their rap compare to others but the downfall is that I don't understand what they're saying...lol...my fault though I need to learn korean...

Guest topsyujah

I have a question...I've been listening to rap lately and I've noticed there's a lot more to rapping than mere charisma and having a unique voice. I'm not Korean, so I have no idea what our boys sing most of the times...especially the rapping. I mean the only part I can sing in their songs are the English part...so I'm honestly curious about how the Korean public view GD and TOP as rappers. Like their rapping skills and enunciation and all that. I mean I see iVIPs defending TOP and GD all the times on Youtube and saying they're the best rappers and stuff...but when I ask my Korean friends...most of them don't even know what GD and TOP are saying half of the times. So I'm wondering if maybe they're good rappers to us because many of us (myself) do not understand what they are talking about as long as they have mad charisma...(and they do). I don't mean to offend any fans...it's just it's hard to defend your idols when you truly do not understand half of what they're trying to come across through their music.

although my korean isn't perfect and somewhat limited, i still can understand their parts and i think they're enunciation is very clear too. i think some people have difficulty understanding because the words they choose are more...complex? i'm not sure how to explain it, but their lyrics aren't words we're used to hearing. like if you listen to a song such as "a good person", the rap lyrics and word choices aren't something commonly used in either songs or in speech. the words have alot more emotion and it seems like the words used were thought carefully about, which is one of the many reasons why i love big bang and find them very different from other groups/artists (a good person was written by T.O.P fyi). many of their raps don't have the typical phrases or lines we're used to hearing, which differentiates them from others and may make it seem more difficult for others to understand.

in my personal opinion, i think they do still have alot of charisma while rapping. you just got to listen carefully to it and pick out the words & emotions that are trying to be conveyed. and i understand where you're coming from since you don't understand korean fully :) for many koreans, they understand and hear it easily since they are fluent. but i think some may have trouble with certain rap parts of GD and T.O.P because they refer quite a bit to western influences too such as using the word "swagger" and stuff...

posted?

[TRANSLATION] Play Magazine Special 2010 – G-Dragon & Taeyang’s Part

G-Dragon is not afraid of rumors and produced the best-selling album

4838818141_ec50034ca4_m.jpg

BIGBANG leader G-Dragon is the first one who released the solo album in their group. Immediately after his first album ‘Heart Breaker’ was released, 70,000 copies were sold in just 10 days. The first debuted song of the same name of his album secured the first place in ‘M.net’ music chart 2 weeks in a row and when he went to the very well-received music program SBS ‘ Inkigayo’ to perform, the watching rate climbed to 17.35% which was the highest rate in the previous 5 years. You can see how popular the G-Dragon was by this evidence.

Although ‘Heart Breaker’ was accused of copying from ‘ Right Round’ of Flo Rida and ‘Butterfly’ was said to be similar to ‘She’s Electric’ of ‘ the British band’ Oasis while ‘Hello’ was said to look very alike with ‘ Solo’ of the Korean band Dynamic Duo, G-Dragon still defended his own originality. His fans also supported him by buying his albums. Rumours are flying all around but nothing can change his status in the hearts of his fans.

Our true and sentimental G-Dragon once posted a self- taken photo showing him being covered by a cap on his blog. The T-shirt that he was wearing had the sentence ‘I need a girl’. He seemed to be looking for a girlfriend but his fans did not show any signs of jealousy but even discussed this heatly on the Net. That was why G-Dragon said “My VIPs are really cute.” (VIP is the title that BIGBANG call their fans.)

G-Dragon

Duties: Leader, rapper and vocal

B-day: 18-8-1988

Height: 178 cm

Weight: 58 kg

Blood type: A

Favourite things: Clothes, hats, shoes, accessories and himself

Things that he hates: Rainy days

Motto: Whatever you do, just try your best

Characteristics: A always baby face on which a super cute smile always can be spotted

Taeyang- Dragon’s sincere support on Taeyang’s first solo album

4838818149_61100885d2_m.jpg

Another famous member of BIGBANG, Taeyang finally released his long-waited first solo album- ‘Solar’. The first debuted song’ ‘I need a girl’ attracted most attention. Simple melody together with the gentle voice of Taeyang cast a spell on many fans. It also tells us what dream girls are like for men. His best companion, G-Dragon does not only feature in the song but also accompanied him to perform in the music show ‘Inkigayo’ which successfully gained it many more viewers.

Although he is already an experienced performer on the stage, he exposed a secret habit to us after his album was debuted. He said that whenever before the show, he has to stay quiet and even he will lock himself in the toilet. He joked,’ this can help us to stay away from all other thoughts and enables me to perform the best.’ Before his solo album was released, 50000 orders were already placed on it which enhanced the confidence of Taeyang. He will surely pay more efforts to perform the music of his ablum to all his fans.

Debuting name in Japan: SOL (It means ‘Sun’ in Spanish)

Duties: Dancing and vocal

B-day: 18-5-1988

Height: 174 cm

Weight: 62 kg

Blood type: B

Characteristics: He is just like what his name suggested, an adorable boy who can give people around warmth and light.

Translated: Rice @BIGBANG World

Posted by: Zai of iBigbang

Taken from: iBigbang

Guest andloveyelledno

It's hard for many of us to be able to say anything about the clarity of their rap since we don't understand the language. The closest we can get to that is listening to their English raps and even then it's not an adequate assessment because rapping in English, a language they are not fluent in, would obviously be a challenge for them in various ways.

I'll leave it to the Korean speakers to speak up in regards to their lyric delivery. Rapping is not just about being able to understand what they're saying. It's also about owning the flow and rhythm, both of which they got down to a T. I love DS's rap in "Last farewell" because the speed is ridiculous. But of course, I have no idea if he is still being understood while rapping at that speed.

Voice is not a deal breaker in rap but it can enhance it. TOP's deep voice brings a lot to his rhymes.

Lyrics are also extremely important in hip hop (Some might say they are the most important) and both GD and TOP are talented in that department.

The boys have also been complimented by other well known rappers and some have even collaborated with them (Psy, Epik High, Dynamic Duo).

Guest Mehndi

TOP's interview : ViVi magazine

tumblrl6a8sumlw41qb6n5z.jpg

The prince, who often shows his silly side,

TOP Named by his senior at the office Se7en

T.O.P has a lot of meanings to it, including being at the top Rapper.

Date of birth November 4, 1987; [*edit]

blood type B

180cm, 70kg

Specialties, too many to name…

Hobbies, collecting sneakers and figurines

Favorite foods, sushi and sashimi

Q Your most effective pick-up line when picking up girls?

It’s enough to just look at them (laughs). I’m kidding.

Q There’s a rumor amongst your fans that you like toys. The toy you’re into these days?

I’m collecting large-size Be@rbricks. I have so much at home you can’t even imagine. Recently I got my hands on the “OriginalFake” Be@rbrick. If it’s a big size, I think it’ll be about 70-80cm.

Q The first thing you notice on a girl?

Feet and shoes.

Q Japanese vocabulary you’ve learned recently?

“I got it!”

Q What kind of clothes do you like?

Rather than being chased by trends, I like clothes that are classy and original. In terms of brands, I like John Galliano and Tom Brown. The jacket I’m wearing now is Givenchy.

Q You always seem dandy, but what are you really like

I’m always serious, but off-screen I’m full of jokes. When I’m working, I tend to be hard on myself, and I’m focusing on my activities so I’m serious with everything, but when I’m with people I’m close to I’m joking around non-stop (laughs). If I’m completely off, I pretty much become the definition of joking around.

Q The reason you cut your hair short for the first time in awhile?

I was cast in a movie called Into the Gunfire that recently just finished filming. It’s a war movie, so I cut it short to fit my role as a young boy headed for war.

Q The type of girl you like?

Someone who gets on my level. I like women who can who themselves honestly, someone who knows who they are. I’ll get on her level too, so I’d like the girl to be able to match me too. Age doesn’t really matter.

Q If you were to give each member a catchphrase?

G-Dragon - windbreaker (the reason is a secret)

Taeyang - Do Re Mi Fa Sol

Daesung - D-LITE Yokohama~

Seungri - Dynamite V.I.

About members

The person who changes the most on- and off-screen?

Daesung

The person who bathes the longest?

I’ve never been in there with them (laughs)

The person who sleeps the most?

G-Dragon

The person who sleeps the least?

That would be me. I can’t sleep more than 5 hours.

The person who looks in the mirror the most?

It’s probably me. I check my clothes and my appearance a lot.

The person with the cleanest room?

It might be me right now.

The person with the messiest room?

Me before (laughs).

The person who cooks the best?

I don’t know.

The person who’s the most provocative?

I don’t know.

The person who’s the most brash?

We’re all like that.

Source image

Translation: seungie@tumblr

========================================================================

BIGBANG's interview : Exile magazine

12802700082010072807343t.jpg

Summer Sonic 2010

- This is the first time you’ve taken part in this year’s Summer Sonic, have you ever been to a festival like this before?

TOP: I’ve seen video footage of it, but haven’t gone personally. There aren’t many festivals in Korea where artists from abroad can come and participate.

GD: I like these festivals, so even if it’s abroad I try to go. I’ve also been to the DJ Festival in Odaiba. I learn a lot as an audience member since you can see what the performer on stage does to get a response from the audience.

- You look through the eyes of an artist even though you went as an audience member.

GD: Of course. Because I want to incorporate what I saw on stage into our performances. Especially since Summer Sonic is such a huge event, we can’t not fully prepare, and we’ve started to put a lot of thought into it already so that we can show off our diverse colors and styles to people who’ve never seen Big Bang before.

SR: And thinking about how we can combine everything as a team on stage. That’s the most important thing.

- Are there pros and cons to a festival for many different artists rather than a solo concert?

DS: The good thing is that we get excited? (laughs) Especially with a festival like Summer Sonic in which world-renown artists participate, we feel good and our goal to put on an awesome stage gets even higher.

TY: I’m happy with just being amongst people who love music, and getting to go up on that kind of stage.

TOP: What I’m most looking forward to is going on stage with such big artists. Just thinking about it makes me shake.

GD: The atmosphere of a festival like this is different from just a regular live stage, and it’s enjoyable just because of that. But outdoors is different from indoors because the atmosphere can be shifted with just the weather or scenery, so there are more areas to focus on.

TY: As large-scale as this is, I’m worried too. It was amazing and fun and I couldn’t wait to be on stage at a world-renown festival, but the burden also gets bigger. And there’s also the worry of whether we have enough talent to go up on such a stage.

- So you do get burdened.

TOP: I try only to think about how we can put on a good stage and awesome performance so that I don’t have to think about the burden. We can’t not think about how to show off Big Bang’s color amongst all the artists more than we do for our own concerts.

- Do you feel any rivalry or competition with the other artists that will be there?

DS: There’s nothing like that. It’s a festival so it’s not a competition where one loses and another wins, so the most important thing to consider is how we’ll put on a great stage, and I think that’s what we have to focus on and work at. And being able to enjoy ourselves on top of that is most ideal. Wouldn’t it be the same way for the other artists.

TOP: On top of that, we’re really close with Stevie Wonder, who will also be appearing at this year’s Summer Sonic.

- Really?

TOP: At night we’ve gone to eat kyu-dong with him. And we’ve also had Okinawa seaweed with him.

- … ah, you’re lying. (laughs)

TOP: Yes (laughs), but we’re so looking forward to being a part of this festival with him, to the point where we want to be able to say things like that.

- So aside from the stage, do you have advice for how to enjoy the festival?

DS: It’s an enjoyable festival, so everyone should laugh and enjoy it. I think we’ll be able to enjoy it even more if we make the performance together, with the mindset that you’re not here to just watch but to participate in the festival yourself.

Source image

Translation: seungie@tumblr

Guest evilgary

wow gdragon really does takes care of his fans by calling them cute

than ks for sharing the eng sub to taeyang real sounds

Guest toozdae08

Why am I getting the feeling that TOP has a foot fetish. Every interview where he is asked what he like/pays attention to/sees first in a girl he answers feet/shoes. lol - he's so cute. At least he's man enough to admit it.

Guest juang_bb

^^^ at the interview. it seems like they're really excited and looking forward to SUMMER SONIC 2010. you can tell, it's a big deal for the boys. TOP is excited to see Stevie Wonder, i know i would too!!! he's so silly... close to THE Stevie Wonder? well, our Tabi can dream right?!? :lol:

D-Day for Se7en's comeback stage. we'll finally get to see Tabi on stage again. it's been so long, i can't wait. Plus, YB's back for his promotions. more BB on music shows :D

Guest propera898

:wub: yeah TOP def. has a fetish or seems like that,,, but i think its tempora ,,,,kekekekekkekeke... im hoping to see TABI on stage again .. crazy.gif so excited w00t.gif im counting the hours... think thats not helping LOL.... SEEMS LONGER...

HOPE TABI CAN GET CLOSER TO STEVE :wub:

Guest MidnightByul

oh damn.

for a moment there, I thought TOP was serious! I thought they really were close to Stevie...LMAO.

>.< i don't know how i believed that so easily..haha

Guest ingabogovinanana

OMG LOL! I'm usually a lurker, but seeing daesung up so high on the mubank charts from "look at me, gwisoon" is hilarious. I guess it's cuz we're international fans, but it didn't seem like his trot songs were really that popular. It would've been awesome if he had won number #1 just to see what the other artists reactions would be like. Anyways I'm proud seeing big bang all over those charts despite having so little promotions in 2009 and 2010.

Guest juang_bb

^^^i was looking at that one too. I noticed quite a few surprises. GD won the most in MuBank with 5, among all their solo efforts, but didn't last long in the charts. on the other hand, Seungri's strong baby didn't win MuBank but lasted longer in the charts. Dae's solo was the biggest surprise, he actually beat them all with a TROT song! :lol:

if you'll just look at the charts, HARUHARU looks like a bigger hit than LIES, but i still reckon that LIES was their biggest hit and gave them the popularity boost they needed to make Haru Haru even greater. plus the fact, that HH alone is an epic song. an epic follow-up to a beyond epic hit in Lies, it will always be the VIPs' anthem. :D but just like Dae's surprise, Last Farewell and Sunset Glow actually stayed longer in the charts as compared to HH and Lies.

I hope that next time, I get to see TOP's name in it too. he was really the last one to go solo music-wise... Im looking forward to more of his solo music. But, before that, bring me more BIGBANG!!! just proves that they have the most amazing songs... they have the most number of songs that stayed longest on the chart and topped the most number of appearance in the chart too! :D

Guest kresten

So proud of BB's achievements in K-chart. BUT DO YOU VIPS REALIZE that Big Bang as a whole actually beats EVERYONE IN THEIR CHARTING?!?! Although they are tied with SNSD in the number of K-chart appearances with 129, if you add up group+solo works of BB, it's a freakin' 204 appearances! THAT'S BIG BANG! It's just that BB balances out group and solo work than any other idol groups out there. I bet that if Look Only at Me, Strong Baby, Heartbreaker and I need a girl were all group efforts as opposed to solo efforts, BB would be the BIGGEST NO DOUBT!

Guest propera898

:wub:phew.gif WAH SO HAPPY THEY REALLY ARE THE BEST , ARENT THEY .......AAAH I WANT TO SEE THE BOYS ON STAGE AGAIN :rolleyes: , blush.gif ... I HOPE tabi GIVE US A SHOCKING BUT PLEASING SURPRISE FOR HIS SOLO PROJECT phew.gif LIKE him singing or reaveling his upper body lol I WOULD DIE IF ANY OF THOSE HAPPENS :wub: ... I REALLY LIKE HIS tuRN IT UP SONG,,, BUT IT WASNT NOTHING SHOKING .....HE CAN DO MUCH MUCH BETTER,, HAS THE LOOKS AND TALENT FOR IT ....

mNET countdowm its hours away already.... i cant wait to see TOP excl.gif

Archived