JYP Nation

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest adikkeluangman

JYP Launching New Label Called Studio J, G.Soul Revealed as First Artist
On January 18, Park Jin Young announced on his Twitter the launch of JYP Entertainment’s new label called Studio J. He wrote, “In 2015, we will launch Studio J, JYP’s new direction.”
He continued, “We have appointed a distinguished and talented graduate of Berklee College of Music in charge [of the label] and rather than appealing to the mainstream we hope to showcase free and deep artists.”
B7nw0X4CEAAy-hf.jpg

Park Jin Young revealed G.Soul as the first artist on Studio J’s roster.
G.Soul, who released his debut album “Coming Home” on January 18, is a good example of the free-spirited artists that Studio J will house. G. Soul made headlines after Park Jin Young announced  through a heartfelt letter his long-awaited debut (G.Soul was a JYP trainee for 15 years!). If the teasers for his upcoming album are any indication, G.Soul’s music touts an organic soulful vibe that differs from the usual music that JYP churns out.

Announcing JYP's new label 'Studio J' for artists with deeper and diverse music starting with G.Soul today midnight! pic.twitter.com/HEvE5Zhc2D

— JY Park (@followjyp) 

January 18, 2015

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

JOO Searches for New Agency as 7-Year Contract with JYP End
With her contract with JYP Entertainment ending, JOO will be making a fresh new start.
JOO recently wrapped up her seven-year contract with JYP Entertainment and came out as a free agent. JOO will be looking for a new agency.
85556002.jpg

An affiliate of JYP Entertainment told Newsen on January 20, “JOO’s seven-year exclusive contract with JYP Entertainment has ended. After having discussions from both sides, the contract has been wrapped up.”
Since appearing on SBS’s Superstar Survival in 2006, JOO signed an exclusive contract with JYP Entertainment and debuted with the song Because of a Man in 2008. She is also well known as BTOB’s Jung Il Hoon′s older sister.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/85556/joo-searches-for-new-agency-as-7-year-contract-with-jyp-end

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

EXID’s Hani Shares She Was Cut from JYP and Says She Never Had Plastic Surgery
Singer Hani discusses the surprising details of being cut from JYP before moving on to her current group, EXID, on “Happy Together“
Hani reveals what happened during the time in JYP in the upcoming episode of KBS2 variety show “Happy Together” saying, “I almost debuted in a team with SISTAR’s Hyorin, Secret’s Jieun, and BESTie’s U Ji in JYP,” and adds, “We performed in a showcase together and I, the youngest of the four, ended up getting cut.”
hani.jpg

She continues, “I was a JYP trainee for about a year during my first year of high school before being let go. After that, I ended up going to China to study. Then suddenly, I thought, ‘Why should their judgment of me and decision become my judgment and decision too? Why am I putting a limit on what I can do?’ So, I decided to try again, and that’s how I became a member of EXID.”
Hani also discusses plastic surgery on the show, and claims that she never had anything done. “I actually thought about getting plastic surgery once, but my mom was against it and told me, ‘just because you get plastic surgery doesn’t mean you’ll look like Kim Tae Hee,’ so I gave up on the idea after that.”
Fans can catch Hani on the next episode of “Happy Together,” which airs January 29 at 11:10 p.m. KST.
http://www.soompi.com/2015/01/28/exids-hani-shares-she-was-cut-from-jyp-and-says-she-never-had-plastic-surgery/
-----2014 겨울 연습생 체험: http://youtu.be/ni3LxfdaHJ4Winter trainee experience, not much info except that they went to JYP Training Centre for a day and get into the classes.

Guest adikkeluangman

2014년 12월 온라인 오디션 장원 김수인

December 2014 Online Audition Kim Su-in. I don't catch the song. Anyone know what song.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

JYP Entertainment reported to launch a survival show for upcoming girl group
JYP Entertainment is reported to be joining the recent trend by launching a survival show for their upcoming girl group!
According to multiple broadcast insiders in an exclusive by MBN Star, JYP Entertainment has teamed up with Mnet to broadcast the competition between the agency trainees for a debut under JYP's first girl group in a while.
A JYP Entertainment rep told Newsen on the 12th, "It is true that we are in talks with Mnet for a program to form our upcoming girl group. But nothing has been set in detail... We have been preparing for a new girl group since last year, and they'll probably make their debut this year, but it is not confirmed yet."
The survival show is reported to air in April.
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/02/jyp-entertainment-reported-to-launch-a-survival-show-for-upcoming-girl-group
-----JYP Entertainment announces the title of their new girl group survival show to be 'Sixteen'
JYP Entertainment and Mnet's girl-group-survival show will be called 'Sixteen'!
'Sixteen' will follow 7 trainees who are currently training to be in JYP's upcoming girl group, and 9 other trainees who will try to obtain the spots of these existing 7 trainees. Among the 16 contestants, there are 4 Japanese members and 1 Chinese member.
"Through our girl group reality program with Mnet, 'Sixteen', we will show a variety of entertainment and the contestants' charms," a rep commented.
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/02/jyp-entertainment-announces-the-title-of-their-new-girl-group-survival-show-to-be-sixteen

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

JYP Entertainment appeals court ruling on their publicity rights lawsuit against an internet shopping mall for selling 'Suzy hats'
miss A's Suzy and JYP Entertainment have appealed the recent ruling by the court on their lawsuit against the internet shopping mall that advertised hats as a 'Suzy hat'.
B-wL9nKVEAANkZv.jpg

As mentioned previously, the lawsuit was filed claiming that the shopping mall infringed the the rights to publicity of the idol and the agency by using her name and photos without permission, but the Seoul Central Court sided with the internet shopping mall.
A JYP Entertainment rep followed up today to reveal that they have sent in their request for appeal. "We found the ruling unjust so we have requested an appeal," said the rep.
The court previously ruled that there was no evidence to prove that JYP Entertainment and Suzy had suffered any financial damages from the so called 'Suzy hats' and that there were no separate publicity rights to acknowledge in this matter. 
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/02/jyp-entertainment-appeals-court-ruling-on-their-publicity-rights-lawsuit-against-an-internet-shopping-mall-for-selling-suzy-hats

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

JYP Entertainment is back on its way up, experiences increase in profits in 2014

It looks like things are looking up for JYP Entertainment these days. On March 10, JYP revealed that they experienced a great performance in terms of profit for 2014! 

JYP stated that during the fiscal year of 2014, their consolidated sales amounted to 48.5 billion won (approx. $43.7 million USD), which is a 127.4% increase from 2013. In terms of net profit, they earned 7.85 billion won ($7.07 million USD), which, compared to their 3.94 billion won ($3.55 million USD) net loss they experienced in 2013, marks a complete turn around for the company. 

JYP Entertainment owes this success mainly to its decision in October 2013 to merge with its unlisted (not listed on the stock market exchange) company, JYP. Following this merge, JYP Entertainment's profit and loss structure was greatly improved and their sales increased. In addition to this, JYP said their self-produced concerts and their subsidiary company JYP Pictures, along with the dramas and movies it led with actors Yoon Park and Choi Woo Sik, contributed to the company's growth as well. 

In 2015, JYP expects to continue with their success. In addition to 2PM and miss A activities, following GOT7's '2015 Asia Showcase Tour,' which occurred during the first quarter, GOT7 will also be holding an Asia Tour in Japan during the second half of the year. JYP will be promoting their rookie girl group during the third quarter, so there's that to look forward to as well! Meanwhile, JYP expects to grow alongside their new business, JYP Pictures, in the world of cinema. 

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/03/jyp-entertainment-is-back-on-its-way-up-experiences-increase-in-profits-in-2014

Guest adikkeluangman
Winner for January 2015

2015년 1월 온라인 오디션 장원 Stevekim

2015년 1월 온라인 오디션 장원 임소희

Guest adikkeluangman
EXID’s Hani Trained with SISTAR’s Hyolyn, Secret’s Song Jieun and More at JYP

EXID’s Hani competed with 100 others on KBS 2TV’s 1 vs. 100 to try to win 50 million won.

During a recent shoot for 1 vs. 100, Hani confessed, “I was a trainee at JYP when I was a freshman in high school. But I got expelled after a year.”

Hani revealed that she trained with SISTAR’s Hyolyn, Secret’s Song Jieun and BESTie’s Uji at the time and that she was the first one to get expelled.

89347002.jpg

Hani said, “It was daunting and I felt timid at the time (after getting expelled). But I’m really happy that I became a member of EXID. I’m entering the fourth year since I debuted and I’m really grateful for the members who stayed with me during the two year gap period.”

The broadcast featuring Hani is set to air on March 17.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/89347/exids-hani-trained-with-sistars-hyolyn-secrets-song-jieun-and-more-at-jyp

Guest adikkeluangman

JYP Entertainment’s Stock Values Take a Dip after Suzy and Lee Min Ho Go Public
With girl group miss A‘s Suzy and actor Lee Min Ho going public with their relationship, Suzy’s management company JYP Entertainment‘s stock values seem to be suffering.
CAwN1pSU8AEGALF.jpg

Just two hours after entertainment news outlet Dispatch reported that Lee Min Ho and Suzy were dating on March 23, the JYP Entertainment’s shares were sold for 4,800 KRW, which is 3.03 percent lower than what it had been sold for the day before. However, it seems the stock is making a recovery, as it is back on the rise since its initial drop today. As of 12:52 p.m. KST, the value stands at 4,855 KRW.
Meanwhile, actor Lee Min Ho and miss A’s Suzy have confirmed their relationship. On March 23, Lee Min Ho’s management company Starhaus Entertainment said, “The two have been meeting for about one month now, and are carefully continuing their relationship” while JYP entertainment echoed, “They are indeed in a relationship. They have been dating carefully for about a month.”
jyp-entertainment-stock.png

Suzy is looking forward to miss A’s comeback on March 30, and Lee Min Ho is on tour fan meets after finishing his movie, “Gangnam 1970.”
http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/22/jyp-entertainments-stock-values-take-a-dip-after-suzy-and-lee-min-ho-go-public/

Hey all! I hope no one thinks im trying to spam or anything. I'm just trying to make a dream come true here lol. I started a petition for JYP Nation to come to the states. I know the chances of it doing anything are slim to none, but I figured maybe they could at least see how much we want a family concert here. Please support and spread the word. Thanks in advance. http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bring-jyp-nation-to-the-states

Guest adikkeluangman

EXID’s Junghwa Reveals She Was Dropped from JYPE After 5 Years
On the March 28 broadcast of MBC‘s “Quiz to Change the World,” EXID‘s Junghwa and Solji, 2AM’s Jokwon, M.I.B’s Kangnam, Kang Kyun Sung,Park Hwi Soon, Ji Sang Ryul, and more appeared as guests.
During the episode, Jokwon stated, “I saw [Kang] Kyun Sung hyung for the first time in a long time. But he’s become a completely different person,” expressing his surprise. Kang Kyun Sung then explained how the two of them knew each other: “I was also at JYP [Entertainment]. I was there for about four years.”
CBM1p6UUcAE6D0B.jpg

After hearing this, Junghwa revealed that she had also previously been a trainee under JYP Entertainment. “I was under JYP [Entertainment] as well. Hani unni was also a JYP trainee with me.”
When asked why she left the agency, Junghwa answered honestly, “I was kicked out,” causing laughter. In response, MC Kim Gu Ra questioned, “That means Hani was kicked out too. Why did JYP let everyone go? What happened to his eyes?”
http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/28/exids-junghwa-reveals-she-was-dropped-from-jype-after-5-years/

Guest adikkeluangman

Actor Kim Jong Moon Signs with JYP Entertainment
Up-and-coming actor Kim Jong Moon has signed a contract with entertainment agency JYP Entertainment.
On March 31, JYP Entertainment announced that they have signed a contract with the actor.
Kim Jong Moon, who recently turned 27 years old, debuted in MBN‘s 2011 musical-drama “What’s Up,” where he was part of the supporting cast. He then appeared in 2012 drama “Faith,” playing one of Lee Min Ho‘s underlings.
CBZKEQBUQAEaA9R.png

The actor enlisted for his mandatory military service after his role in “Faith,” and was discharged in 2014.
On their new relationship with Kim Jong Moon, JYP commented, “He has a unique face and great talents for a newcomer actor,” adding, “we have decided to sign with him as we saw his huge potential. Kim Jong Moon is not only talented in acting, but also in singing and dancing as well. He is ready for any genre. Utilizing our internal resources, we will support him in becoming the new generation star.”
Other actors signed to JYP include Lee Jung Jin, Min Hyo Rin, and Choi Woo Sik.
http://www.soompi.com/2015/03/30/actor-kim-jong-moon-signs-with-jyp-entertainment/

Guest adikkeluangman

JYP sneaks trainees into miss A's MV, possibly members of upcoming girl group?
Looks like JYP is getting ready to introduce some new faces to the public! It's been revealed that some JYP trainees were featured in miss A's latest MV "Only You."
As shown in the picture above, the female trainees were mostly seen partying up behind the miss A girls. The girls featured include Lee Chae Yeon, Cecilia, Lena, and Gong Sul Ah. While viewers may know Lee Chae Yeon from her participation in 'K-Pop Star' season 3, they may also recognize Cecilia from a GOT7 MV. 
CBh9NvLWgAAJyJk.jpg

Fans are curious as to what this surprising MV feature could mean. Could these girls possibly be the members of JYP's upcoming girl group? Questions will be answered once JYP and Mnet's girl group survival program 'Sixteen' premieres sometime this month. 
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/04/jyp-sneaks-trainees-into-miss-as-mv-possibly-members-of-upcoming-girl-group
-----JYP Entertainment to Hold Auditions in New Zealand
JYP Entertainment will be holding auditions in May in Aukland, New Zealand!
On March 31, JYP Entertainment announced that “2015 JYP New Zealand Auditions” will be held on May 2. Applicants can fill out the online application form on (audition.jype.com/2015nzaudition), and anyone who was born between 1991 and 2005 can audition regardless of gender or nationality.
CBfm9hAUYAA_ziV.jpg

The specialties include singing, dancing, acting, modeling, or MCing, and applicants can choose one specialty to apply.
A JYP Entertainment associate said, “Since the successful applicants of the ’2015 JYP New Zealand Auditions’ will be provided with official training from JYP as a trainee, we expect many talents from all over New Zealand to come out to the auditions.”
http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/01/jyp-entertainment-to-hold-auditions-in-new-zealand/

Guest adikkeluangman

JYPE to delay new girl group survival show 'Sixteen'
JYP Entertainment has announced that the agency has delayed the premiere of its survival show 'Sixteen'.
Originally scheduled to air in early April, Mnet's 'Sixteen' will be pitting trainees against each other for the next JYPE girl group. The show will follow 7 trainees, who are currently training to be in JYP's upcoming girl group, and 9 other trainees, who will try to take their spots.
JYPE stated on April 2, "Though it was planned to air in early April, we're still preparing. We're in production with May in mind for the first broadcast."
The agency has already given fans a sneak peak at the trainees in miss A's music video for "Only You". 
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/04/jype-to-delay-new-girl-group-survival-show-sixteen
-----Jo Kwon and BamBam complain the artists can't have fun on outings because of J.Y. Park
2AM's Jo Kwon and GOT7's BamBam appeared on MBC's 'Tutoring Across Generations' and laid out their complaints in relation to hanging out with the big man, JYP Entertainment's J.Y. Park, on April 2.  
CBngWCBVIAA-hCe.jpg

Hong Jin Young asked Jo Kwon, "How's the outings for JYP Entertainment?" to which he replied, "There are set members who play well.  We play games and we even have MCs. Unexpectedly, they don't look to me but Taecyeon and Seulong for MCs.  The two of them are really good at it.  I just spice it up.  I do kkap and dance.  In the first round, we eat meat and then the adults move onto a club for the second round.  BamBam has no choice but to be left out and I climb all the way up the pole to the end."
Hong Jin Young continued, "When you're at outings, there's always one person you don't want to see.  Who's that?" Jo Kwon said, "Do we need to pick names?"  GOT7's BamBam intervened here by throwing in, "J.Y. Park."
Jo Kwon agreed with, "We can't comfortably have fun.  He watches us carefully."
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/04/jo-kwon-and-bambam-complain-the-artists-cant-have-fun-on-outings-because-of-jy-park

Guest adikkeluangman

JYP Entertainment’s girl group survival show “SIXTEEN” to be delayed
JYP Entertainment‘s girl group survival show was originally set to air on Mnet in April, however, it has been postponed as the show is currently still in preparation.
An agency representative told MyDaily on April 2nd, “We were planning to air it on early April, but we are still completing preparations. We are planning to air the first episode in May.”
201504021018121135_1.jpg

It was revealed that the girl group was originally set to debut in the second half of 2015 following miss A‘s spring comeback. With the debut of the survival show in April, the trainees were to enter a rigorous training period until the Fall following the confirmation of members in May. However, now that the Sixteen broadcast has been delayed, a change in schedules from JYP Entertainment artists is expected.
Current trainees confirmed to enter the competition include K-Pop Star 3‘s Lee Chae Yeon, and JYP Entertainment’s trainees, Im Na Yeon, Yu Jung Yeon, a YouTube sensation who goes by Eagle, and Japanese trainee Sana.
According to the label, the show will follow seven JYP trainees who will be pitted against nine new trainees, vying for their spots on JYP Entertainment’s next generation girl group. This new format will raise the bar for competition as sixteen candidates from Korea, China, and Japan compete through a rigorous competition.
Fans of JYP Nation and K-Pop Star viewers are excited to hear the news of the confirmed members. Netizens even discovered the appearance of some of Sixteen‘s confirmed members in miss A’s latest comeback “Only You” music video.
With news of the delay, fans anticipation has been raised as this will be JYP Entertainment’s first girl group since the debut of miss A in 2010 with “Bad Girl Good Girl.”
Meanwhile, miss A recently achieved a perfect all-kill with the release of their first comeback in 16 months with “Only You” on their new album Colors. 
http://www.koreaboo.com/news/jyp-entertainments-girl-group-survival-show-sixteen-delayed/

Guest adikkeluangman

Mnet to Air JYP’s New Girl Group Competition Show “Sixteen”
Entertainment cable channel Mnet will be airing a new show in partnership with JYP Entertainment, to determine the members of the agency’s upcoming girl group.
According to a press release from JYP Entertainment, the show, titled “Sixteen,” will depict the process and the final decision regarding the members of the new girl group. The program will feature sixteen girls: seven candidates for the idol group, and nine trainees who will compete with the candidates for a chance to take their place.
CCMs60cW8AA81by.png

JYP’s representative Park Jin Young announced, “The most exciting thing about doing this show is that I honestly don’t know who I will end up choosing.”
Mnet’s “Sixteen” will premiere on May 5, and will last 10 episodes.
http://www.soompi.com/2015/04/09/mnet-to-air-jyps-new-girl-group-competition-show-sixteen/

Guest adikkeluangman

JYP to Begin New Girl Group Project Program ′Sixteen′ in May
Creating a new group to follow in Wonder Girls′ and miss A′s footsteps, JYP Entertaiment will be gradually unveiling the company′s new girl group through Mnet′s Sixteen. 
The teaser video for Sixteen was released on April 10, showing Park Jin Young saying, "What makes me most thrilled and excited about this program is I really don′t know which member I am going to choose." 
94482994.jpg

Sixteen will have nine trainees competing against seven strong candidates for JYP′s new rookie girl group. 
Mnet PD, Kim Jung Bum, in charge of Sixteen stated, "The core point of this program is to see how well these 16 candiates bring out their innate star quality. As JYP seeks stars who are "healthy and natural instead of a star who was created to become a star,′ the program will deliver a lot of fun and touching moments as the trainees passionately work towards that goal." 
The 16 candidates will be unveiled one by one starting April 13. 
Sixteen will begin May 5. 

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/90995/video-jyp-to-begin-new-girl-group-project-program-sixteen-in-may

Archived