[Drama 2010] The President 프레지던트

Imzi

Guest kyugaroo.

Oh wow, thank you tiki_sg! =DD I was lamenting the lack of english subs until now! I love this drama, it's so interesting, I hated Il Jun at first but then I realised it was because he reminds me of me xD But I like him now, and Jay is a great actor for his first drama! Though the romantic interest between him and Inyeong (his adopted sister, yes?) is a bit odd, but I just laugh at the fact that Sungmin is shorter is than her ><

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramaok

yeah the inyoung and minki romance line is the weakest link in this otherwise shockingly good drama.

i'm not even sure why they want to be together. it's almost like it's because they're lonely and that's it.

i think wang ji hye emotes well but her voice is really really annoying.

then again, maybe choi soo jong and ha heera are so good everyone else's flaws are immediately noticed.

i love how this drama doesn't try to be funny but it's funny when you don't expect it.

OMG @ the romance line.

OMG @ today's episode.

did not see that coming at all. OMG.

now you have me curious over what's happening with all that OMG lines. :lol:

i just started watching this a few days ago but we're only up to episode 6 on kbsworld which was just shown a while ago. totally gotta agree with you that this drama is really shockingly good. i've never been a fan of choi su jong ... but he's really charismatic in here. thk god i dun see any eyeliner to distract me as well. :rolleyes: i agree too that this drama could have done without any romance in it because the storyline is riveting as it is.

jay's resemblance to choi su jong was really kind of freaky. haha ... although he doesn't have that riveting charisma that emanate from the older actor. also couldn't agree more with you on the actor that plays sung min ... i cringe at his scene too and his character is coming across as kind of psychotic to me at the moment ... i hope he improves.

Guest dramaok

now you have me curious over what's happening with all that OMG lines. :lol:

can you let me know when you get to the OMG?

i have a question i'm almost afraid to ask about what really happened.

but i am still OMG about it. hahaha.

this drama is excellent but it's almost hard to discuss. it feeds your mind and i end up just thinking about it to myself for a week after i watch a new episode.

OMG this is such a good drama :D but since my korean isn't anywere near the level of understanding politics, I'm grateful for withs subbing this drama>.<

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

Machiavellian Tactics Intensify Conflict in ‘The President’

[2011-01-31]

The political battle is growing fiercer between two major presidential candidates, as the opposition has agreed to join forces by putting up a single candidate in the KBS Wednesday-Thursday drama “The President.”

In the January 27 episode, Jang Il-jun (Choi Su-jong), the opposition candidate, agrees to cooperate with his ruling party rival Kim Gyeong-mo (Hong Yo-seop) while keeping each other in check.

829_2212_l.jpg

Cho So-hee (Ha Hee-ra), Il-jun’s wife, learns that her husband’s camp is having difficulties due to lack of funds. She gives the camp chief a bank account with an astronomical sum of money without letting her husband know because he wants a clean campaign.

She tells the chief, who is surprised by the amount, not to worry about it as she has made sure there will be no problems with the account. She says, “You know better than to believe the election can be perfectly clean. The light accompanies the darkness. But this must be secret to Il-jun.”

Meanwhile, current president Lee Su-myeong (Chung Han-yong) secretly suggests to Gyeong-mo that he would support him if he promises to appoint his brother-in-law prime minister once he is elected president. But Gyeong-mo, who believes in clean politics, declines the offer.

In addition, Gyeong-mo tells Il-jun about the president’s suggestion, thinking the president will make the same suggestions to Il-jun. He says, “Although we are rivals, I don’t believe you are so corrupt as to accept it.” Il-jun also agrees with him, saying, “No matter how underdeveloped the politics is in the country, we can’t abandon conscience and justice.”

But a chief aide to Gyeong-mo has Park Eul-seop (Lee Ki-yeol), another opposition candidate who is ostracized by Il-jun and Shin Hee-ju (Kim Jung-ran) agreeing to back a single candidate, set up a wiretapping device at Il-jun’s office. They hear Il-jun arranging a meeting with the president, where he made the same suggestion as Gyeong-mo expected.

All these developments are adding tension to the show.

Writer: TV Report

Copyright ⓒ KBS & KBSi

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dramaok

Iljun's wife 'support' is doing more harm than good to his campaign and his life. She didn't learn from her earlier mistake of trying to bribe the old politician.

yeah she's fast becomign super annoying. the jang iljun team is crumbling little by little.

Source : KBS Global Entertainment News

Protagonist’s Life Threatened in ‘The President’

[2011-02-14]

The KBS2 Wednesday-Thursday drama “The President” has entered its winding-down phase as it nears the end amid continued high tension, as a protagonist has won a party congress vote to run in a presidential election.

In the February 10 episode, Jang Il-jun (Choi Su-jong) beats his arch rival Kim Gyeong-mo (Hong Yo-seop) to become the ruling party’s official candidate. But he breaks his deal with current president Lee Su-myeong (Chung Han-yong) to name his brother-in-law as his partner for prime minister instead of naming Gyeong-mo. This infuriates not only the president but also his wife Cho So-hee (Ha Hee-ra) since the deal includes the release of her father, the owner of a conglomerate, as one of the terms.

841_2260_l.jpg

Su-myeong asks Il-jun if he has ever seen a case in history where a traitor succeeded and threatens him saying, “You will never be able to take my place. I will make you regret what you’ve done to me.”

Il-jun goes to see Gyeong-mo, who has been confining himself in his house, and asks him for support. Acknowledging his sincerity, Gyeong-mo agrees to work with him, but Il-jun faces another hurdle as it is reported that the Daeil Group owned by his father-in-law has provided illegal funds to his camp by setting up a paper company. His wife So-hee has orchestrated all of this without letting him know, but it still delivers a big blow to his reputation.

What is worse, the president orders prosecutors to launch an investigation apparently out of revenge. When Il-jun protests, saying, “It is unprecedented to investigate political funds of a candidate during election campaigns,” he is only met with a sneer by the president.

The incident puts Il-jun at odds with his wife and places his life in danger. As an assassin attempts to kill him, the rest of the episodes will focus on who is behind the attempt and why.

Guest adikkeluangman

Super Junior’s Sungmin gets up close and…

On the February 9th episode of “President“, ‘Jang Sungmin‘ (played by Super Junior’s Sungmin) shared his first kiss with his girlfriend.

The president’s son looked on as she applied her lip balm, and after leaning in for a kiss, shyly exclaimed that she smelled like grapes.

Sungmin’s lucky girlfriend in the drama is rookie actress Da Eun, who was also a former LPG2 member. Da Eun gave up her career as a singer in order to pursue her dream of acting.

Producers of the drama commented, “Because of Sungmin’s kiss, ‘Jang Il Joon‘ is met with another scandal, but this will be the last time that Sungmin’s ‘troublemaker’ role is in play. Sungmin and his father manage to connect through the crisis, and he’s able to play the role of his father’s right arm even when he’s not watching.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/02/spoiler-president-super-juniors-sungmin-gets-up-close-and

I watched Happy Together when the main casts appear. How the sons fave similar face with father.

my husband was also looking forward to tonight's episode at kbsworld...i don't know what happened...it's Drama Special even tomorrow when I checked out the schedule in the net. the schedule shows next week it's back. i'm not following this, only my husband so i don't know what episode tonight was supposed to be. next week it's episode 15 as indicated in the kbsworld website.

I've been eager to watch The President at exactly 9:00PM but it was not shown. What happened? Thanks to anyone who will reply me.

my husband was also looking forward to tonight's episode at kbsworld...i don't know what happened...it's Drama Special even tomorrow when I checked out the schedule in the net. the schedule shows next week it's back. i'm not following this, only my husband so i don't know what episode tonight was supposed to be. next week it's episode 15 as indicated in the kbsworld website.

If I am not mistaken, these are the episodes that were suppose to have aired on the week of the Lunar New Year. As such it did not air on KBS Korea for that week. Hope this explains why KBSWorld skips this week and that the next episodes on KBS World will resume, in its regular timeslot, next week.

Guest rainy75

i missed the starting of the last epi today..

cld someone tell me...

so who killed the mom and the reporter?

If

it is that Hwang bodyguard, who gave the instructions to do so

?

hope the csubs come out fast!! :w00t:

Archived