Trouble with ASOS US order...

Guest winterlain

I ordered a dress from them and it was delivered in like, three/four days. I was really surprised at how fast it came since this was the first time. I guess I'm lucky cause it seems like a lot of people are experiencing delays...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest pinkpunch

^When did you order Jenny?

Also, just because ASOS has a US site does not mean it is located in the US! They don't have physical stores in the US...and they are an online only retailer.

Guest tirahbunny

I order from the ASOS - US site last week. Like several days later, they emailed me apologizing for taking so long with my order (i didn't think it was long at all tbh), and that they were upgrading my shipping to express delivery. they even said that they'd refund the shipping costs (weird, cos the site says its free). about two days ago, i got another email with my tracking number for my order. so hopefully everything works out well and my stuff gets to me?!

whoa you got a tracking number?? that is weird i've never gotten one from them. and here is an update on my order: i checked the mail today but i didnt get my "replacement order". customer care stated that i would get it on or before 10/29...so i emailed them back and hopefully they will give me a tracking #. they said that my replacement order was sent out with the fastest shipping service possible, so that could be express delivery who knows but im quite disappointed that even the replacement order is late. smh.

Guest ChouChou

hm, you got to realise that ASOS US is still based in the UK so they're shipping everything from the UK which takes a lot longer to ship

i don't know why they're taking THAT long though

unless it has something to do with the whole free shipping thing, they've probably chosen a really cheap method of shipping that takes a longer time.

with postage in the UK, you can either post something international via plane [faster option] or by ship [much slower but cheaper option], i don't know if the ship option is only for certain countries though

perhaps they're all doing it by ship?

Guest & JEWELRY ;

Hi! Just wanted to put in my own experience here.

Ordered: Oct 8th

Dispatched: Oct 15th (saying it's shipped and on the way)

Received: October 30th

I was so relieved to find it in my mailbox today! =] I was reading complaint after complaint everywhere =[ Glad mines did not get lost

Guest sAfuRos

Ordered: October 8

"Despatched" October 10

Still waiting...

Planning on filing a paypal dispute on Wednesday if i don't have it by then. Good ****ing god this is THE slowest shipping i have ever dealt with. Stuff from HK and China is faster...even dealextreme is faster, and that place has free chinese shipping. That means people carry it on like effing camels to europe. FFFFFFFFFFF

Guest Candy Beat

Hi! Just wanted to put in my own experience here.

Ordered: Oct 8th

Dispatched: Oct 15th (saying it's shipped and on the way)

Received: October 30th

I was so relieved to find it in my mailbox today! =] I was reading complaint after complaint everywhere =[ Glad mines did not get lost

I hope mine's comes soon. I ordered on the same day, but they said that it shipped on the 11th and that it should come by November 1st -_-++

Guest mz simmonz

same thing happened to me, I ordered something on 10/1/10 and the site said I would get it no later than 10/18 but I still didn't get it and their twitter page (asos_heretohelp, they respond within one day) told me it got delayed untiil 10/26. I asked about it again yesterday and they just told me my account will be refunded because now the item is out of stock. wtf? I ordered it 30 days ago! I just hope my other item is not out of stock bc it was a coat I had my eye on for awhile =T

Guest tirahbunny

update: i waited for the my replacement order to arrive but it didnt so i emailed them again, and this time they gave me a tracking # because they sent it with exprees mail. the reason why its taking so long is beccause its held up at customs. today i checked the tracking again and it got to the US so im just waiting for it to arrive at a local shipping facility.

Guest carrotcake

It's supposed to arrive by the latest TOMORROW but I'm really doubtful that it's going to come since its not here yet =_=

Do you guys know if you get refunding the foreign exchange transaction fee thingy when they refund you your money back too?

^When did you order Jenny?

Also, just because ASOS has a US site does not mean it is located in the US! They don't have physical stores in the US...and they are an online only retailer.

I ordered on October 18th and it came on October 22 =)

My last order arrived 20 days (including weekends) after it was dispatched. I ordered again on the 12th, dispatched on the 14th, still haven't received it yet. I'm waiting until the end of this week, if not I'm going to need a refund.

Guest alligatortears

It's supposed to arrive by the latest TOMORROW but I'm really doubtful that it's going to come since its not here yet =_=

Do you guys know if you get refunding the foreign exchange transaction fee thingy when they refund you your money back too?

nope.

this is what they said to me:

"Unfortunately we are unable to cover any further costs including a transaction fee as this is issued by your bank and not ASOS."

Guest lisa_bb123

they asked me to wait until Nov 1. I contacted them via their facebook page again but didn't get a reply. so i decided to file a dispute through paypal, within 2 hours I got my refund. don't think I'd shop at ASOS again :( they have really nice stuff but *sigh* i just don't have confidence in this company anymore.

G'Luck with your orders guys

From my experience, yeah. Probably it depends on your Bank/CC.

When ASOS refunded me, my CC also refunded the transaction fee, the transaction is called "FOREIGN TRANS FEE*ADJUST"

Guest Candy Beat

My order didn't even come yesterday, so they said they'll refund my account in a few days on their help forum :/

Rawr, the one time I actually got something that would go out of stock ended up to not come anyways~ T_T

A lot of people on the asos forums are also saying that the couriers might've stolen the packages since there weren't any tracking numbers :o

Guest winterlain

Well, I waited until Nov. 1st like they said and still haven't gotten anything. So I messaged them on FB and they said that they are sending me a refund.

To be honest, I am incredibly disappointed by my first (and last) order with ASOS. I had been looking at their UK site for a long time and admiring the clothes and when they announced that they opened a US site I thought "free shipping and a great sale, why not?" I really liked the dresses I ordered and although I'll be getting a refund, I'm still upset. I really wanted those dresses.

If you look at their help page on FB, it is still flooded with people asking about their orders. It's insane.

Sometimes I wonder if my order ever really was dispatched or if the email was an "automatic" kind of thing. I just can't believe so many packages were lost at the same time. Where are they all? In a big heap in some forgotten part of the mail depot? Floating about in some Black Hole of Lost Packages? I mean, seriously, they have to have ended up somewhere... Hundreds of packages don't simply vanish into thin air. :/

update: i waited for the my replacement order to arrive but it didnt so i emailed them again, and this time they gave me a tracking # because they sent it with exprees mail. the reason why its taking so long is beccause its held up at customs. today i checked the tracking again and it got to the US so im just waiting for it to arrive at a local shipping facility.

You know what, I'm thinking that they only issue tracking numbers and such if its for express delivery, but not standard. Tbh I thought I was going to have to wait a month to get my stuff (like when i order from yesasia or yesstyle). But it makes sense too that the deliveries could be taking longer because of customs, etc. I'm looking to order something else on the site and hopefully I won't have any trouble with it too. Hope you get yours soon!

Archived