[EVENT] JYJ- “The Beginning” Album Showcase World Tour 2010

Guest daily_tofu

Guest FDTxtianshix

And about the "poor management" thing. They said from the beginning that these weren't final locations, that nothing was set in stone. It's not the management companies fault. It's the fans fault for getting too gungho and not fully reading and comprehending what they've been saying from the beginning: The locations and dates have always been subject to change.

Even if the locations weren't confirmed in the first place, they still did announce venues/dates even though they didn't even contact the venues (I called WaMu and they had no idea who JYJ were. This was just 2 weeks ago). When it comes to fandom, it's human nature to go gungho because it's so rare for them to come. Canadian fans were especially excited because Seattle is a 4 hour drive away from Vancouver :(

Also, this huge change was announced just 3 days ago, even though the tour plans were already out mid-September. Since no changes or official announcements were made for about a month, it's natural and more or less logical to think that it wouldn't be changed. If they didn't do any preparations in the first place, they shouldn't have gotten the fans' hopes up. Just 2 days ago or so a fan called the NYC venue Hammerstein Ballroom and they still didn't know who JYJ were and the tour organizer/C-JeS didn't book them yet.

Sorry for the rant, this isn't targeted towards you. Vancouver Cassies are just really, really disappointed that Seattle was cancelled and in my personal opinion, it's the management's fault for not monitoring the tour/preparations well enough. The first stop is in 2 weeks and tickets aren't even coming out yet even though 2 weeks ago the official site said information will be released early last week. Plus, venues should be confirmed months before hand (I believe SMTown LA confirmed with Staples Center 6 months beforehand), yet as of 2 days ago Hammerstein didn't even know who JYJ were.

Las Vegas is closer to the midwest people who never ever ever ever everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr get any concerts...

And it's a lot cheaper than traveling to LA, NYC< or Hawaii. So I'm not complaining. CA, SEATTLE,

NYC, and those other states always get all the concerts so I'm not sure why people are complaining.

Be glad they are gonna be in the states. :wub:

I don't know why you think Seattle gets a lot of concerts, because as far as I know only Wonder Girls went there for their tour this year and Epik High for a brief showcase last year.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ohdaesungiiee

Slightly disappointed that JYJ canceled the tour to Seattle. ): I wanted to show off to my cassies back in Vancouver. Have fun in Hawaii JYJ. T__T. Oh well, the JYJ album is good whether it is signed or not :P

I just want to put my two cents in on the schedule change issue.

I am from the Bay Area. I am extremely lucky in that I go to school in the Valley, which is less than an hour drive from LA. I was going to go to both

I know people are saying that "it's only a seven hour drive" from SF to LA. But what is JYJ's demographic? I don't remember the actual age, but it's early teens and younger twenties (at least in the US). I've definitely seen a lot of fourteen and fifteen year olds commenting, here on soompi and elsewhere. How are they supposed to get to LA? If they do manage to get rides, they miss school. Airplane tickets are expensive, and in addition to the hotel they would have to get? I've seen people buy cars for less. Maybe if things had been announced earlier, things would have been affordable, but they weren't and aren't.

I'm not criticizing their management, or the tour organizer. I think they're doing a fine job (fine as in average though, not like pretty good). They're trying to pull a tour together after having seriously underestimated not only how many fans there are, but how determined we all are to go. Las Vegas was to try and accomodate the Mid-West fans. Are you really going to begrudge them that? And though the Hawaii stop is to appease Japanese fans, it's probably still going to be mostly American fans.

I'm really sorry to the people who were planning on going to Seattle and SF. If I was planning on going to see them, and it was taken away I would be just as angry. Just try not to bash the management, the organizers, or other fans please. If we start arguing about stuff that's out of out control it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

That said, I need help! XD Is there anyone here that's planning on getting a hotel room on the 19th? or can give me a ride? I'm taking public transportation, and not only does that take a couple hours, I don't feel safe going back at night, especially by myself on a friday. Obviously I would pay my share. Anyone interested?

I want to ask about purchasing vip tickets as well. In korea they sold VVIP? Will that option still be available in the US? o-o

& to all the people bummed about them not coming to SF and Seattle, please can you not hate on Hawaii?

It's not fair? Do you know what isn't fair? Living in the middle of the pacific ocean on a tiny rock.

You could commute to LA, and don't start by telling me it's expensive or it's too long. Because I do it every year from Hawaii to LA for HB. Yeah, it's expensive and long but it's worth it isn't it?

Plus, the West Coast gets wayyy more attention than these islands. so, even if you don't get JYJ, you'll probably get someone else soon.

Guest Serenity89

@On_Key I believe the VVIP is only for the World Tour Concert, which is this November. They didn't have VIP for the Showcase in Korea, but they did for other countries.(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)It really depends on who is organizing the event.

The Fan coordinator sent out a message on their official website that the ticket information for each upcoming showcase will be announced early this week. (That's what she said last time and nothing happened. Hopefully it's true this time) I do hope they do VIP for the US because who knows when they are going to come back again. It would be a dream come true if they are able to hold a fan meet.

Hope that answers your question. ^_^

so, is ticket master teh right place to get your tickets???

does anyone know how this online ticket sales work r they going to send your tickets to you or how does it all go...?

b/c i want to be 100% sure i am going to get my tickets to the showcase....

Guest sunny_dance

It sucks that they cancelled the SF location, but I'm super stoked about them coming to Hawaii!

Yay Hawaii Cassies :D

I really hope they don't cancel it either, because we will be just as hurt. We hardly get any kpop artists

here. The JYJ concert will be my first concert..I hope they don't crush my dreams. ;___;

Oh and btw, there are alot of fans here in Hawaii. Like others have said, we are a tiny island crammed with asian fans. :P So please don't let them cancel Hawaii. I have waited so long for this concert. =__= I really want to see Jaejoong DX

Yep, not too mention the hoardes of Japanese tourists. =P

so, is ticket master teh right place to get your tickets???

does anyone know how this online ticket sales work r they going to send your tickets to you or how does it all go...?

b/c i want to be 100% sure i am going to get my tickets to the showcase....

Usually, they send a confirmation email with a link to print the tickets.

Guest momoing85

So I'm looking at the booking site for the Galen Center and our boys are STILL not on there >_<

Seriously, Tinsel PR sucks big time.

Anyway, maybe the ticket prices will be similar to Jin Akanishi's concert, which is three nights before theirs but at Club Nokia :X

His prices:

UP BALCONY $133.00

LOWER BALCONY $167.00

GEN ADM GA $196.00

VIP 21 & OVER EE $196.00

BALCONY N $255.00

FLOOR GA $294.00

BALCONY EE $314.00

Please note, these are prices are for Jin Akanishi's concert at Club Nokia so hopefully at the Glaen Center, it'll be cheaper. But I do want a VIP ticket :P

Guest sunny_dance

I have no idea on how to get tickets for hawaii, no matter where I look, anyone know?

the showcase is scheduled for november 10th at the blaisdell... i checked blaisdell's website and nothing is scheduled on that day. furthermore, nothing shows up on ticketmaster either... some are saying tickets may be released this week, i don't know... but i hope they're not bluffing... tongue2.gif

I have no idea on how to get tickets for hawaii, no matter where I look, anyone know?

I've been stalking the Blaisdell webiste every day and it's not even a scheduled event yet. I'm thinking once they post it as a scheduled event, the tickets will be on sale. Hopefully it'll be this week...I'm ready to head down there as soon as it's on sale!

Guest sunny_dance

Honestly, I'm surprised their showcase was scheduled at the Blaisdell. That's a freaking HUGE venue! I was thinking more along the lines of the Concert Hall. Or, maybe I just don't realize how big of a fanbase they have here in Hawaii, excluding the Japanese tourists... ;)

Guest mashimaro57

Before you blast the PR agency, they are NOT the promoters.

They are at the MERCY of the promoters who bought the show.  As long as promoters don't finalise logistics, ticket pricing and venues, they can only report any updates given to them.  They can chase to DEATH the promoters but if theres no reply they are helpless, why should they be the receiving end from fans.

They tell promoters everything, fans feedback.  Japanese fans can't go to the Seoul concert without buying a TOUR package deal and its so expensive, alot of japanese fans are super sad and begged for a stop in Hawaii, Hawaii promoters are willing to do a weekday spot despite the risk of doing a weekeday show in order to help them out, the stop breaks the boy's grueling schedules.  It works.

As for San Francisco, the venue gave promoters massive problems so they couldn't book it.  All was left is a small 2200 venue which could not accomodate all the JYJ fans and it would be death match for those tickets.  Imagine those who can't buy it, the crisis mode it would sink promoters into.

My boss will lamblast me if she found out I'm in here giving all these confidential information but I'm angry that fans are blaming us for everything.

PR agencies dispense information, they do not organise concerts.

Guest kimcheebowl

Lol ty for relpying :D But can I buy the tickets online? And like how to pre order? I want to go onto the site exactly when it comes on and buy front row and how much are seats?

Guest sweetdecember

Let's JOIN force for JYJ so that we can bring back justice for our boys

I AM SENDING THIS TO 

young@kcaf.or.kr( KOREA CULTURE FEDERATION)

kftc@korea.kr(korea fair trade committee)

Hello,

I am an international fan of JYJ and I am so surprised to see JYJ being treated unfairly in Korea.

SM entertainment accused them of having dual contract and Korea federation of pop culture and art industry used it as a excuse to ban JYJ from promoting their album.

KFPCAI’s official document just simply prevents fair competition, support anti-social actions of management companies and restrict the artists’ freedom. For a federation organisation to do that, it’s unacceptable!

I can't even believe that such actions  favouring big companies are allowed in Korea and their actions cause resentment among even non JYJ fans and seriously questions human rights in Korea and .that will truely become end of korea wave.

NOW that even sm entertainment withdraw their injunction against JYJ, I sincerely hope that KFPCAI will also drop their ban against JYJ so that JYJ can appear on TV and promote their album

Hope that Fair Trade Commission will intervene such unfair treatment against JYJ

Guest kagome-san

So Im refering to the NYC show and i called ticketmaster and hammerstein ballroom and no one knows anything abt JYJ or any concert being held on Nov 12. Im so confused is the concert going to happen? there are only 16 days left!! :crazy:

Hey everyone!

I have a few questions about VIP tickets. (even though I won't be shocked if no one can answer it since a lot of us still don't know anything... but thank you for any answers that you can give me!)

1. Do the VIP tickets mean that you get to do a meet & greet and/or fansigning with JYJ?

2. Do you have to be 21 to purchase VIP tickets? I went to Jin Akanishi's YOU&JIN concert and you had to be 21 cuz there was a bar in the VIP area of club nokia.... I'm still 20 & won't be 21 before the concert unfortunately.. :(

3. Has anyone ever been to the Galen Center at USC in LA? What seats would you say are actually good there? From what I see most of the seats look like they have about the same view since it's basically a basketball arena...

Thank you to anyone that can answer these questions!

I'm also getting a little ansy about tickets since it's only a little less than 3 weeks until the LA show.... for Jin Akanishi's concert I bought tickets almost a month and half before the actual concert date.... & the same goes for KMF @ Hollywood Bowl.. so I'm starting to think that they might push the concert dates back or something cuz it's getting really close to the show dates...

Guest kagome-san

ok so just out of curiosity i called the center in hawaii cos thats coming up. And the lady on the phone just laughed and said tat alot of ppl have been calling abt jyj but there is no event on Nov. 10. maybe their visa is not approved or something?? idk!!

Archived