When Did You Start Wearing Heels?

Guest _anan

I can't remember when exactly but I was pretty young though I only wear them for special occasions. About 3 years ago, I wore them on regular basis but then flats were sort of in trend and I ditched them heels for flats. Now, I'm slowly starting to wear my heels again but not as often as I used to. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ddalgi

i first wore those ugly "formal" high heels for like 8th grade gradutation and freshman homecoming

but i started really wearing them everyday when i was a junior :3

it seems a little inappropriate for girls that are like 14 to wear them everyday. its so awkward seeing that. so i guess a good age is 17?

Guest CChen82

Uh, last year... I'm now 22, I'm kind of an late bloomer :sweatingbullets:.

Saying you are a late bloomer is kind of insinuating and implying that heels are some how natural, like something that is supposed to be a rite of passage   :rolleyes:  when they are most certainly not.  They are very bad for your feet, and as you said, totally painful (according to friends who confide in me). The actual point of wearing heels has always eluded me.  Any "fashion" appeal is totally negated by the discomfort they seem to cause.

I am Proud to say I have never worn them and see no point in putting them on.  But I have heard enough of my friends complain to me about how much they hurt to last me a lifetime.  Yet they still insist on wearing them.   :rolleyes:

I guess I am in the camp where I am totally happy with who I am, even if I am a little shorter than average, and don't have that totally amazing white skin...

Guest Hugs-Kisses-and-Secrets

Urm.... I attempted at 13 but I abandoned it right away. It was difficult! I wore it only for celebrations or events. But ever since graduating from HS. I've been wearing it more often. Wedges are awesome & easier to handle!

Guest le-cupcake

i think my first time wearing "legit" heels out was when i was 11. we had this formal dance/dinner thing in 6th grade so yea. but i remember taking them off after 2 hrs lol.

i've never had a problem walking in heels, but i don't wear them on a daily basis. heels in HS = not for me. can't imagine running to my classes and up those endless flights of stairs in 3 inch plus shoes.

maybe when i get older i'll wear them out more.

Guest star_It

i'm short,20years old and still don't wear heels and yeah,i don't feel any shame!

between,i have a question,can you walk quickly with heels(medium height)?even with time?

Guest AiMango

my mom kinda convinces me not to wear them at all. until i start working rofl. but i started in like gr 8, and have only worn them for formal occasions since then.

Guest kiweee34

I didn't start wearing heels until after college!  I'm not actually that tall (about average for a female) but I was all about comfort back then.  I would still wear flats over heels, but I do sometimes enjoy dressing up and feeling taller, and it actually helps with my posture when I walk!

12. 4 inches. I borrowed my mom's shoes. :] I fit into them. I have naturally good balance, so there was really no trouble for me. I only tripped a couple times in heels because of the darn hoses in the way >:[ and staircase.

Guest yangri

Young, but those were only like 1 inch heels. Now I need at least 2 inches, usually 3. I used to only wear heels if I wasn't walking around campus or with short friends but now.. who cares, I shouldnt care if wearing heels will make me a giant around others.. 162cm isn't even tall right?

Guest StellarEffect

I'm not exactly sure, but I feel like I've worn them all throughout high school; maybe I started wearing them since the beginning of 9th grade. I guess that seems kind of young, but they've never been a source of discomfort for me. It always felt natural and appropriate to wear a pair of heels when I was dressing up (which was often).

Wow, it seems like a lot of people here wear heels a lot! (: Personally, I really like heels. Although painful and seem by some as some form of subjugation towards women, I still feel like it's a form of expression, a way to boost one's ego for those who may consider themselves short and would like to be taller, or a way to feel more feminine, more fashionable, and better about oneself. That being said, I think I started in high school? I never wore them regularly though, and especially not to the high school I transferred to later on - there were steep stairs everywhere! I probably only wore them to school around 3, maybe 4 times? Plus, after wearing them for a while, it became extremely painful for me. However, I did, and still do, wear heels for special occasions like interviews, parties, and dances. I really like basic heels, haha! The classic stilettos. But I have a sort of complex about my height, which is quite tall for a Asian female - 5'7". So when I wear heels, I tower over everybody, even more than I do regularly -_- Most of my friends are pretty short - I'm the tallest one in my close group of girlfriends - and so I would feel like a guy. I would even be taller than some of my guy friends! So although I like to wear heels, despite the pain, I usually don't because of how tall I would become. ): And I would usually wear heels that are around 3 inches? 4? Sigh. Do any of you guys also have that problem? (:

heels are not good for your feet haha

& if you don't want monster calves

asians aren't that tall, and i'm tall..

if i wear heels i'll stick out even more haha

but, when i do wear heels it's when my cousins or friends feet hurt, then we switch :P

& i'll say this was like @ 17

like 16? and that was only when i went clubbing, 19 now and i still dont wear heels unless im going clubbing even though i love heels=[

i'm only 15, but the only time I wear heels is during special events + dances, you know?

I LOVE heels ^^ , but I think i'll just wear them regularly when i'm out of highschool..

the thing is, NO ONE at my school wears them to school, & if you do, people will give you strange looks .. n__n

Archived