When Did You Start Wearing Heels?

Guest _anan

Guest comicboyz4eva

Hm when I was 12 I believe? There was a bar mitzvah, that was my very first time wearing one.

I actually thought they were really easy to walk in and very comfy XD

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Octopus__

I feel that I only wear them to special occasions. I wore like three inch ones to my sister's graduation haha. But while sitting in the stand, I took them off to be comfortable. ;D I still don't wear them frequently. Border lining adulthood and I'm still stuck on normal shoes. o.o

Guest Ninjaskills

I started wearing wedges and 2-inch heels in 3rd or 4th grade, but only for special occasions.

Started wearing heels to school Freshmen year (last year), up to 4-inch since I'm already tall. :sweatingbullets:

Guest TVSJ18

hmmm....If kitten heels and wedges count...then I must have started in grade 9. however, I don't think they count. xD Heels to me are the tall flashy kind, and i have occasionally worn +6" heels before, but not everyday.

So, i still haven't started even in Grade 12...ahahahaha

I don't think there's a particular age that's appropriate, but I think it depends on when one is ready. However, I do feel that a 13 year old wearing 6" stilettos a bit much.

Guest Twinny

Uh, last year... I'm now 22, I'm kind of an late bloomer sweatingbullets.gif. But I didn't wear it on a daily basis because it was soo painfull and I was very afraid that I would fall or something haha, I'm kind of a clumsy person sweatingbullets.gif. Now I try to wear it on a daily basis because I have an internship in a company, so I have to wear something more presentable and heels are one of them. I can't wear very high heels I can handle max. 8 to 8.5 cm ^_^

Hmm... in middle school I wore those 1-2" platform sandals and in 8th grade I had my first pair of wedges (they were like.. 2.5" tall). However, I started wearing tennis shoes again in the beginning of high school. During my senior year of high school, I started wearing higher wedges (3.5"), and finally got a pair of heels (4"). I generally stick to 4" max for heel height though, but nowadays that's considered low!

Guest musicloverx3

When I was younger, I always wore 1-2 inch heels when I had formal events...but now, I've added some heels to my wardrobe ranging from 3-5 inches ^^; I just turned 16 hehe. If worn correctly, I don't think that it's inappropriate for someone my age to be wearing heels...

Guest missavvy

high school. mayb grade 10. but not seriously. i think after high school i would actually wear heels like out and stuff. before then it was just for formal events.. i dont like heels tho they're bad for ur feet!

I wore my first pair of heels when I was 12 for a formal event I believe. It was a pain, but I was happy feeling all 'mature' and lady-like :P Ah, nostalgy.

It's kinda hard to tell when is an appropriate age to wear heels on a normal basis. I would be scared if I see 16 teenagers going to school with heels (in my head, heels = 3.5+ inches). I guess a girl is all set to start wearing heels when her wardrobe actually matches with her heels. It's always weird to see kiddies trying to be mature x)

Guest christelle-g

I never wear heels on regular basis.

I wear them only for special occasions. I think I was about 16 yrs old when I put on my first heels. They were not more than 5cm high.

i've only worn heels for my grandpa's 70th birthday...i think that's it hahaha

heels scare me since those heels cut out a circle of my skin (literally, lol :o)

i still never wear them on any regular occasion and i'm 17 hahah

i'll probably start wearing them...sophomore year in college. LOL that's my guess

I don't remember when I started wearing them for only some occasions but I started wearing heels (3" or more) almost everyday (like maybe 3 or 4 days of the school week) starting in ninth grade.

I wore heels everday (no shorter than 3.75") the next year, sophomore year high school and continue that pretty much unless I have an injury or something (or i'm exercing or running or whatever, obviously)

Guest x.wendiie.lalala

I used to love wearing heeels when i was younger for special occasions :D

But i started wearing them on a regular basis when i was 14? My parents kept calling me short so i started wearing heels x]

Guest Imboredthatsnotfun

I was 13 or 14 when I had a pair of school shoes with a 1 1/2" heel.

I don't really see the problem, they looked smart with my school uniform.

Guest Aimiko

I was a huge fan of heels when I was just a kid, but I wasn't allowed to wear them from my mom. xD

When I turned 16/17, that was the age when I really started to wear heels. :)

Archived