Windows Explorer Error. AGAIN.

Guest psquare6806

Guest psquare6806

:fury: :fury: :fury: grrr my computer got like three of those error messages today and i had to restart my computer TWICE. I clicked on the part that says:

'For a detailed error report, click here.'

So I click it, and I am constantly seeing these filenames:

drwtsn32.exe

ntdll.dll

and I saw these file names:

appcompat.txt

dbgodc.dll

So I did I search for them on my computer, and when I found the files I scanned them with my virus scanner and nothing came up. WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMPUTER. :angry: Why do I get all these complicated problems where the hard drive is jacked up or system error and everyone else gets these easy to fix problems. :(

They are random enough for me to ask you to install speedfan.

spdfan9va.jpg

As you can see, the "fitness" of my primary drive is kinda messed up. I know what caused it so its okay.

But if its like down to 0% most likely the drive is loosing data and its confused...

If anyone can come up with a cooler idea of why that happens feel free to criticize, analyze, and otherwise repair.

Guest psquare6806

Geez awdark you have a freaking huge hard drive. O_O. Okay I'll go install it...

But what if the fitness is not so good, so how do I know what caused it?

And I like your arrows. HAHA better than mines.

untitled4sl.png

Well, I have two drives that have the fitness at 0% this one is at 43% but is at that point because I was using a bad cable

But the drives at 0% like to randomly loose data. It would decide a certain part of the drive is defective and never read it again or it will just corrupt the data.

My point is if your drive is about to die or is dead, it might explain why your windows is all screwed up like that all the time.

Thats okay, I still see those things say OK in green.

There sould be a button near the top you can click for WHY it is that low (opens a webpage)

You only have to be worried when you see lots of red circiles instead of those green ones >_<

Guest psquare6806

did u try installing adaware?

I used to have that but I found it hard to navigate... :blush:

And uhh I got that one screen with the S.M.A.R.T error again that tells me to press F1.

Well if its warning you about that in the startup, its probably time to buy a new hard drive.

Check out the newspaper ads I think circuit city has a 160gb one for $40. Then just use your current drive as a backup storage drive. I think you will be better off that way if its really the drive going out.

Guest psquare6806

Well if its warning you about that in the startup, its probably time to buy a new hard drive.

Check out the newspaper ads I think circuit city has a 160gb one for $40. Then just use your current drive as a backup storage drive. I think you will be better off that way if its really the drive going out.

Haha thanks. Too bad I don't know how to put it in. Time to find a computer person...

Guest mxth

maybe a simple system restore will fix it?..

or pop the win cd in to repair the files if they are system files

better yet format the whole thing

Archived