FUSHIGI YUUGI

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

MIYAJI MAO
"Fushigi Yugi" gets theatrical adaptation

Thu, July 29, 2010 (8:53am EDT)

Yu Watase's popular manga series "Fushigi Yugi" is being adapted to the stage. The news was announced on Wednesday by the Shogakukan magazine Flowers, which currently serializes the manga's prequel, "Fushigi Yugi Genbu Kaiden."

The stage adaptation is being produced by promotion company Amipro and directed by Shintaro Sugano. So far, only Mao Miyaji (26) has been announced as a cast member. More details will be made available on Shogakukan's website.

A total of 9 performances are scheduled over a five-day span (October 20-24) at The Pocket theater in Nakano, Tokyo.

Guest CM_X_69

What?! I used to love this anime when I was younger!! I never read the manga but the anime was so sad. :( I should go rewatch the anime! :D:) It'll be interesting to see how this theatrical adaption works out. :)

Guest JaneElliot

I don't know. I have a hard time believing a fatasy story like this could be pulled off on stage. Has anyone seen clips of the Sailor Moon musicals? *shudders* Yet this story's geared towards an older set, so maybe it'd be a bit less "on ice"?

Guest sai_k

i love to read Yu Watase's mangas!

but wow....a theatrical adaptation?? i think that would be somewhat hard to do...

i hope it goes well :]

Guest sweetgirl_121

say what? I never liked the original fushigi yuugi, but can they pull it of. I bet it will be one of those cheesy shoujo manga live action adaptation.

Archived