The person you have a crush on turns out to be gay?

Guest julie8086

Guest julie8086
How would you feel and what will you do?
Hi there, i was just wondering how would people react when the person they like turns out to be gay. Haha, the thought suddenly just came to me cos' in the past, there were a few gays i find attractive! :Pphew.gifsweatingbullets.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lollienoodles

Id be shocked.. but then If he is gay nothing is really gonna happen between us unless I get a sex change, even then its not guaranteed. Haha but yeah Id move on from that crush and look to be friends with him. I have a couple of gay friends.. and theyre freaking awesome! :D

Guest tifachan

I'd be disappointed. I have a thing for attractive-looking men- so it'll be quite upsetting if they're not interested in me.

It doesn't mean that you can't be best friends though!

Guest ~koe*no*sainou~

My story's worse :( The person I loved TURNED gay >.<

I met this guy in 2005...and we were extremely close...and I knew that he loved me...but he was too old for me so I'd always secretly decided when I turned 18 I would tell him. We drifted apart over the years and he had become close to this guy...but I never questioned it because...how could he even be bisexual? He totally loved me...like I knew it so much in my heart.

So last year when I turned 18, I decided to finally make my move...his reaction?

Him: Um..

Me: What is it? Don't love me anymore?

Him: Well...I just don't really...love women in general anymore...

Me: What?!

Him: I'm gay.

Guest Aimiko

This happened to me before, no kidding! I thought I was in a flow with my guy friend (we're quite close) because I hang out with him a lot and we would both miss each other if we don't see each other for awhile. I thought that he liked me too because of his sweet text messages and etc.

He was everything I searched for in a bf. He's good looking, hot, stylish, protective, cute, adorable, nice, kind, sweet, loves to shop, can cook, we think almost the same, our personalities are almost the same as well..so yea, I fell for him of course. I tried to deny it for a couple of months, but eventually, I knew that I couldn't drag this on, so I wrote him a (confession) letter.

He read it and told me it was sweet and etc., but he didn't let me know his answer yet. So after awhile, he said that he needed to talk to me asap and that it's really important. I thought that he was going to tell me that he didn't liked me, so I came "prepared", just incase he was going to turn me down.

Well..LOL, it was so weird hahaha. xD He was too afraid to let me know..and he felt really bad because he thought that he was going to hurt me. He was scared that I might end up in tears and he didn't wanted that.

But eventually he said it..he told me that he's gay and BAM, I was shocked LOL. I mean, I thought that this happened in drama's and that's it. But NO, it happened to me!

I still remember how I felt, I was a bit disappointed when he told me he was gay and I accepted the fact that he couldn't be with me. He started off with: "It's not you, it's me. No you might think that it's cliche, but I'm speaking the truth, you can't do anything about this. It's because..I'm gay..so that's why I can't like you. I thought that I was bisexual, I tried to deny the fact that I was gay for awhile, but in the end..I'm gay honey..100%"

But after like 10 minutes, I became SO happy because I realized that he's GAY! I mean, I LOVE GAY PEOPLES LMAO! And since that day, we became even closer. We're like besties now? He would always text me and call me everyday and I would do the same.

So yea, I'm happy that he turns out to be gay instead haha. <3 And the day after he told me that, I probably was still in shock of it when I woke up, but then I happened to hang out with another guy. So I think that the other guy managed to distract me from being sad/disappointed because my gay bestie was everything I ever wanted in a bf.

Well, that's my experience lol. xD Haha, maybe I should write a book of my life..too many unexpected situations along with drama involved. O.O;;

PS: If he reads this he would probably laugh haha. ILY BABE. <3

Guest alexandra1234

Well, if I have a crush on him, then I guess I'll move on... I'll let it go and we can just be friend instead. If he's the one I'm going out with and really in love with, I'll be sad, disappointed, etc... It's really hard knowing that the person you love will never love you back...

Guest Angel1430267648

If I found out the guy I like happened to be gay, I would be immediately turned off and not interested anymore. I just can't be attracted to someone who's not even interested in the opposite sex.

Guest dramaprincessxox

That must be the most annoying thing in the world. I would get instantly turned off the guy. When you imagine the stuff he does with other guys, it's not hard to stop liking him!

I had liked someone who turned out to be gay, but that was a girl who looked and acted exactly like a guy. I really thought it was a man, turned out to be some type of lesbian. I don't really know the different terms? It was a double shocker LOL.

Guest j-yang

Haha, I would wonder why I didn't catch on early. Usually I can kind of guess if a person is homosexual not saying I have some gaydar but just subtle hints you pick up on like their Facebook not stating whether or not they're into girls/boys.

But if it was only a crush, I'd just get disappointed and get over it. No use in trying force my feelings.

However, if I was dating a guy for a while and then he told me. Oh boy would he be in trouble. :angry:

Guest _GLITCH_

>< I would die a little inside then I'd be happy ^^'' ehhh I like gay ppl haha they are so much fun to be around <3

Guest lala-123

I was at a club once and this creep kept bothering me... so this nice (and good looking) guy swooped in and saved me. We talked & all. Then the creep approached me again, the good looking guy not only helped me out again...he put his arm around the creep and they both dissappeared into the crowd together -____- I later found out he was gay LOL

Guest brinyblue

i'd feel a little shocked, a little foolish and would laugh it off. Then probably think "Thank god it was just a crush." LOL

• 3 years later...
Guest kpoplover0394

I had a crush once. He likes classical movies, classical books, indie music. He does not play basketball but he is into swimming. He's not really manly and gentleman at all and he's also averagely thin, without the muscles and biceps and the manly stuffs. I love him so much. I never listened to my bunch of friends who keep on saying that he is gay. They say he's gay because of the way he moves (pretty lame for a guy), his fashion sense (you know the Topman look with his pants folded or printed shorts, pretty much of a hipster look), his physical appearance is also very clean and prim and proper for a stereotyped-messy-supposedly image of a guy (metrosexual you could say). I know he is normal and just the way he is. I knew he was just like that and it's normal for him to be not so manly or gayish because he came from a boy school and maybe that's the way of life there. I really had no idea, or maybe I have always been used to gayish stuffs because I'm a Kpop fan and there are lots of gay stuffs in Kpop so I figure out maybe I was just immuned to some guys being feminine-ish. Or maybe I was just deeply in love with him that I did not really mind if he was really gay after all. He also had girl crushes, though. I was always teasing him saying that if he's gay just tell it to me and i will keep it a secret, in a joking way. He would always only reply to me that I was a headache. He also hangs out more often with girls and gays than guys. I've been liking him for almost three years now; he knows it but he has never flirted with me. 

He has boyfriend now. (Okay so they're not actually together, I just exaggerated it a little bit.) He has a lover now (that sounded better). What I felt? I don't know. I was relieved, hurt, shocked, I-knew-it feels, heartbroken, speechless, and just completely nothing. I knew he really did not like me and I was really really scared if he'd get a girlfriend. I said I would not be able to bear it if he started having a girlfriend. I would die (not literally) if he would have one. Was I hurt? Yes. Because of all the efforts I've invested, of all the time, the sacrifices, the determination, the love i've given for him for couple of years. Was I heartbroken? Yes but not. I think I can't do anything anymore if he really does not like the opposite sex. I would be heartbroken if it was a girl because then I'd be really hurt why you did not like me instead (feels like whats wrong with me, am i really that ugly and shizz), but since it's a guy then i'd really have nothing left to fight for because he does not like vagina at all. I'm more of in the acceptance stage already. But I still love him. 

We're really good friends right now. He apologized for not reciprocating feelings for me. I said I completely understand and he has nothing to say sorry about. I feel like I need to protect him from judgmental people and the homophobic jerks. Do I still hope that he'll love me back someday? I don't want to be a hypocrite so I'd still say yes. Although, I somehow accepted already the current condition, I'm still hoping that one day I will know how to be loved by him. But as of now, I already created a boundary of the limitation of the feelings that I need to exert for him in order for me not to get hurt again. I still love him, and I know that he also loves me as a really good friend and it just ends right there. So my advice for anyone who has crush who is possibly gay, take care of your feelings. If there's a smoke, there's a fire. If people notice that he's gay (or bisexual), so most probably he really is. But there's also a pretty good chance that he's straight and he's just really like that at all. If he is, accept it and move on. If he is not, lucky for you! I am also saying that do not jump into conclusions yet. You must have concrete evidences to prove that he really is gay, or maybe coming it right from his mouth that he is really gay (or bisexual) would do. You can also use your girl instinct (like what i had). Whatever he is, accept him like I do. I did not get mad. In fact I was grateful because I was given a chance to know better the people belonging to the third sex and know how they really think and feel. I am still his very good friend. We've always been good friends (despite my unrequited love). Nothing has completely changed. I accept him just the way he is because I love him and we're very good friends (yeah im saying this for the nth time). Just go with the flow. You'll end up with each other if you're really meant to be. You have your freewill to love, you can use it, but if it's really God's plan for you, He will give that person to you. If it's not, maybe God has other better person that is really meant to be with you for the rest of your life. :)

Archived