[Currently Airing][Jdrama 2010] Moyashimon/もやしもん

debbiek153

Leading role for D-Boys' Nakamura Yuichi!
Moyashimon

Title: もやしもん

Title (romanji): Moyashimon

Also Known As: Tales of Agriculture

Format: Renzoku

Genre: Comedy, supernatural

Episodes: TBA

Broadcast network: Fuji TV

Broadcast period: 2010-Jul-8

Air time: Thursday 24:45

Theme song:

Opening theme: SOS by Tamurapan

Ending theme: Umi e Ikko by SEAMO

Synopsis

The story follows a college student who discovers that he can see and communicate with the germs all around him — germs that appear as super-deformed characters. -- Anime News Network

Cast

Nakamura Yuichi as Sawaki Soemon Tadayasu

Chisun as Muto Aoi

Haneyuri (はねゆり) as Oikawa Hazuki

Nishida Koji (西田幸治) as Misato Kaoru

Kimura Akihiro (木村明浩) as Kawahama Takuma

Okamoto Azusa as Yuki Kei

Kato Natsuki as Hasegawa Haruka

Kurosawa Toshio as Itsuki Keizo

Production Credits

Original writing: Moyashimon by Ishikawa Masayuki (manga)

Screenwriters: Ishikawa Masayuki (石川雅之), 高橋ナツコ (高橋ナツコ)

Directors: Iwamoto Akira (岩本晶), Morita Junya(森田淳也), Nashiki Tomonori (梨木友徳)

Music: Kamomiya Ryo (鴨宮諒)

--credits to dramawiki

D-BOYS' Nakamura to star in live-action "Moyashimon"

Sun, February 21, 2010 (1:53am EST)

In December, it was revealed that the Masayuki Ishikawa manga "Moyashimon" is being turned into a live-action series. It has now been learned that the drama will air this summer, and Yuichi Nakamura (22) of D-BOYS will play the starring role.

The unusual story revolves around an agricultural university student named Tadayasu Sawaki (Nakamura), who possesses the unique ability to see and communicate with germs. The original manga has won multiple awards, and it was adapted as an animated series in 2007.

Natsuki Kato (24) will play the role of the "sadistic" graduate student Haruka Hasegawa. Other cast members include comedians Koji Nishida (35) and Akihiro Kimura (39).

Fuji TV will broadcast the series in its late-night "noitaminA" time slot (Thursdays 12:45am), starting in July.

Source: Sankei Sports

--credits to Tokygraph

Nakamura Yuichi's on a roll! Two dramas for the year 2010 (so far), and a movie last year. And, frankly, I'm really enjoying the comedic moments in this drama.

The first two episodes, complete with English subs, can be found at this link: http://www.dramacrazy.net/japanese-drama/moyashimon/

A trailer/sneak peek can be found on Youtube via this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IazGGy7IPNw

Your thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kaedejun

DramaFever is putting up Moyashimon too!

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/768/1/Moyashimon/

They're doing a simulcast it seems, so it will be out on August 5!

• 2 weeks later...

I found out about Moyashimon anime and manga yesterday! I was so interested that I immediately downloaded the anime (and watched 3 episodes so far)! It's sooooooooooo cute!! Does anyone know where I can download a subbed version of this drama?

Archived