Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

On 2/22/2018 at 2:36 AM, kittyna said:

JW's "Angel" and "Devil" styles

(Because, seriously: who decided to give him a halo like this? What else was I supposed to think?)

His good looks is match with every role and genre. Its protagonist or antagonist, he can do all that great. And in photoshoot, he can be bad boy or good boy. Angel or Devil. He also can be both of it. 

Now pics!!!

Because you share cartoon fanart, i will share the real one!

This is so beautiful!!!

His stare have a lot of meanings.

Spoiler

And the kiss also showing so much love and all their feelings.

Awww... i can feel his happiness even when he wear a mask that covering half of his face.

Two puppies! Both of them are so cute! He looks good with that style.

Edited by LyraYoo
please compress under spoiler tag multiple photos , thank you ^^
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, moonstrike said:

I remember that his car is full of things when i first saw life log. And it will be much more than that if he receive many gift from his fans. Especially when he held a fansign and fanmeet. I wonder where will he put that inside his car? His car must be really crowded with gifts. 

I guess that's why, out of the Huayi Brothers actors, JW gets the big van a lot. I remember him joking about that with his friends on "Life Log" after they went to Lotte World: we've already seen JW in the big van many times by then, but apparently, his friends, even though they were from the same agency, weren't expecting that. So they were looking around for the car they usually use, and then it's like, "No, wait - we're using the van. Oh, right...."

But I guess that's why JW's fans have been changing things up in recent years - I've noticed a shift towards more abstract or honourary sort of gifts: things like the murals or the forest or the food/coffee trucks.

I remember when he said he wanted his sister to always at home if he had. I know what he means. in my country it was perfectly natural for brother to guard her sister protectively. probably in a western country, that is a strange thing. because of their culture or thought that it is the same as limiting human rights. but I do not think it's a strange thing. He just don't want his beloved ones get into trouble and meet bad people.

Yeah, that was one of those comments that caused confusion on Dramabeans, I remember - and you could tell where fans were from based on which "side" they took in the debate. Also, the idea of "keeping someone at home", especially when a man talks about a woman that way, indicates a certain degree of obsession and possessiveness on a personal, individual level here in North America. So even though everyone knew JW didn't mean it this way, there was a really unsettling implied, "...because I want to keep her for myself" when his comment was translated into English. 

In other words: due to something that was lost in translation, JW wound up sounding way more creepy there than I think anyone - especially he himself! - ever intended :unsure:

At the same time, though, in some parts of North America, there is still the trope of the super-protective father or oppa who doesn't let his daughter/sister date - but it's usually talked about as a joke (e.g. those movie scenes where an American father openly shows his guns to his daughter's boyfriend - because, yes, gun ownership is legal in the USA, but less so in Canada). In that sense, I find JW's comment actually more realistic :tongue: 

I like when he does photoshoot. Looks really cool. And by the way, do you remember this manly concept photos?

http://couch-kimchi.com/2014/01/03/joo-won-covers-kwave-magazines-january-2014-issue/

This is the behind the scene. Once you watch it, you will never see this photo same as before because look how he smile after the photoshoot done and when he did the interview.

That kiss bye in the end tho!

https://youtu.be/_TtiLpzVsoI

Ya...I've never seen that video before, and you're right: it's so cute! I also love that they used music from "Good Doctor" in the background, as though to further emphasize that the "bad boy" style is just an act :tongue: 

Or when food is on the line. Be will do everything and work really hard to get the food. Its so funny and cute. Look at his expression when the food is being taken by sung shi kyung. Its so funny when shi kyung take the baby crab. Joo won really want to eat that. Hahaha

https://youtu.be/lN-lEOVYBMQ

Part 2

https://youtu.be/v91BV-lL5jc

Oh, yeah - I remember that bit. Actually, everyone's reactions were hilarious!

But my favourite thing about that dinner scene was what JW did when it was his turn to pick what he wanted (about 1 minute into the second video). Once he heard that one of the fish dishes was really salty (i.e. you could eat multiple bowls of rice with it), he just took it so that he could fill himself up on rice and leave more banchan behind for his hyungs. They were all yelling out at him, "Ya...you're just a kid; are you even going to like it?" (I guess it was an item that's associated with ahjussi tastes?), but he was just like, "Meh, whatever." And then the hyungs praised him for being so considerate when he went back to his spot with only a very small number of dishes.

I wonder how will he style yoo jin if he is given a chance to do it? maybe his style will be kind of sexy and hot. Then his hair will be kinda messy. It will be a pleasure to both of him and Cha yoo Jin's fans like me. Walking around campus with that style... Girls might be fainted. And Nae il... I can't imagine what will she do if she saw yoo jin like that. Maybe she will jump into his arm, give him hugs and ton of kisses. Hahaha...

lol - Hm...some mental fodder for later on, then? :wink: Thanks for the suggestion :) 

Actually, his fans in DC gallery likes to ake a joke of joo won and fish. Joo won is called Jwon (hangeul:줜) and fish that has name almost like how they called joo won is Jwon-o (hangeul: 줜어) . So his fans are making that fanart just for fun and show their love.

Oh, okay - I get it now. Thanks for letting me know :) 

I had no idea that JW was compared with a fish like that; this is my first time seeing it.

Awww... i can feel his happiness even when he wear a mask that covering half of his face.

Okay, I think that's one of the cutest mask pictures I've seen, ever! :D 

And now for my pics for today - again, it's Throwback Thursday!

Spoiler

Speaking of JW and 1N2D....

9212f2881f6642854285dd4396137f33.jpg

Sassy Ma Jun (in hindsight, it's kind of funny that he said this, but then he was the one who cheated in the contest)

JW and his wave

JW at the 2010 KBS Drama Awards

b3ea99b413efde173e7bc457a8c92901.jpg

"Spring Awakening" Days

I'm not sure when exactly during his musical theatre days this was from, but it's cute

Love this look on him :) 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 4:08 AM, kittyna said:

I guess that's why, out of the Huayi Brothers actors, JW gets the big van a lot. I remember him joking about that with his friends on "Life Log" after they went to Lotte World: we've already seen JW in the big van many times by then, but apparently, his friends, even though they were from the same agency, weren't expecting that. So they were looking around for the car they usually use, and then it's like, "No, wait - we're using the van. Oh, right...."

Actually, I was a little bit don't understand with that joke when I first heard it. But I still laugh because I saw them laugh. It's just funny when I saw them laugh. Saw Joo won demonstrated his friend's behavior was so hilarious. 

"...because I want to keep her for myself" when his comment was translated into English. 

I've heard his interview video. And I can tell that there was a wrong translate that makes everyone misunderstood. Joo won didn't really talk like that. Sometimes It's hard to translate korean to english so there are words that doesn't exist in english and that words need to change but with the same meanings. I know the struggles... translator have a lot of burdens.

In other words: due to something that was lost in translation, JW wound up sounding way more creepy there than I think anyone - especially he himself! - ever intended :unsure:

That is what I'm saying. His words is so sweet and upright in when he said it in korean but when there is word that hard to be translated to english and that word need to change, the meaning and feel that in that sentence will change too. I always fall in love with his words because his words is indeed very sweet when you understand it in korean. You might be remember that Joo won made many quotes from his interview. So you will live your life with happiness and full of positive emotions.

Ya...I've never seen that video before, and you're right: it's so cute! I also love that they used music from "Good Doctor" in the background, as though to further emphasize that the "bad boy" style is just an act :tongue: 

Yeah! Its so cute. Now i want to share video with different concept. This one will makes your heartbeat slow and makes you relax. He makes you calm and comfortable. You might be already watched it, but I want to share it again because its really cute! He is such a sweetheart.

But my favourite thing about that dinner scene was what JW did when it was his turn to pick what he wanted (about 1 minute into the second video). Once he heard that one of the fish dishes was really salty (i.e. you could eat multiple bowls of rice with it), he just took it so that he could fill himself up on rice and leave more banchan behind for his hyungs. They were all yelling out at him, "Ya...you're just a kid; are you even going to like it?" (I guess it was an item that's associated with ahjussi tastes?), but he was just like, "Meh, whatever." And then the hyungs praised him for being so considerate when he went back to his spot with only a very small number of dishes.

He is so generous. He will think about the other guys. Are they can eat with enough banchan and sleep comfortably. 

Its funny yet cute when people scream and gasped knowing that handsome guy wearing blue hanbok enter the building. They might be holding their breath and try to take a picture. While Joo won running there panicking to find a thing to buy because he was afraid the hyungs will get mad at him. And the cutest is he talk with aegyo and run like a child while scratching his head in panic.

https://youtu.be/Q2_RihW3HWU

lol - Hm...some mental fodder for later on, then? :wink: Thanks for the suggestion :) 

Oooohhh.... you can make that as a story for next chapter! Can't wait how will the story begin and end. Hahaha...

Oh, okay - I get it now. Thanks for letting me know :) 

I had no idea that JW was compared with a fish like that; this is my first time seeing it.

Your welcome! Its so funny when i found out that joke. Maybe because one of 1N2D episode where he ate fish deliciously. And that makes fans imagination go wild. Here is more picture:

And this is the video:

I love that they added Bridal mask BGM while Joo won eating his food. Its like he is doing action scene! Hahaha..

https://youtu.be/iKipCNLXc9s

Now for pics!!!

Aww... look at his smile. By the way, i love his hairstyle here. He nails it!

His serious expression is so sexy...

Spoiler

He is indeed an angel. A deadly angel. Fly with big wings on his back. Gorgeous!

This is so sweet! They just stare to each other eyes while smiling so brightly. Looks like they are so much in love.

Did you ever seen this picture? His eyes and smile is just so dashing.

Edited by LyraYoo
please compress under spoiler tag multiple photos , thank you
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Actually, I was a little bit don't understand with that joke when I first heard it. But I still laugh because I saw them laugh. It's just funny when I saw them laugh. Saw Joo won demonstrated his friend's behavior was so hilarious. 

They were talking about whether they would be picked up in a car or a van, so I guessed the rest :tongue: I remember JW's imitations, too, and how his friends teased him for being the "bad friend" for leaving them lost and confused like that.

I've heard his interview video. And I can tell that there was a wrong translate that makes everyone misunderstood. Joo won didn't really talk like that. Sometimes It's hard to translate korean to english so there are words that doesn't exist in english and that words need to change but with the same meanings. I know the struggles... translator have a lot of burdens

That is what I'm saying. His words is so sweet and upright in when he said it in korean but when there is word that hard to be translated to english and that word need to change, the meaning and feel that in that sentence will change too. 

Yeah, things do get lost in translation, especially if you translate things literally (i.e. exactly word-for-word). Because the same word in different languages and cultures can have different nuances. So, perhaps a better translation for what JW was trying to say would be that he wanted to "keep [his] sister away from boys" or something like that rather than the literal version of keeping her at home or in her room :tongue: 

But I knew JW and also Korean culture well enough that I definitely didn't misunderstand what he was saying.

Now that I think about it, there was a scene in "Yong Pal" that, again going by Dramabeans comments, got lost in translation. It was the scene where Kim Tae Hyun was trying to talk the sexual assault victim out of turning on the radiation in the hospital or something (I'll know better once I've watched it for myself). And he said something about how she felt guilty because she was assaulted due to her desire to make it in the entertainment industry. Somehow, in translation, it came out sounding like he was telling her she should feel guilty - but, even just from reading the recap, I think that what Tae Hyun was actually saying there was that regardless of whether she should feel guilty, she still did, and that that was why she was acting irrationally (especially since her rapist was already gone, so her attempt to destroy the hospital wouldn't work as revenge).

In other words: I think that Kim Tae Hyun wasn't trying to shame or scold the girl, but was rather just saying back to her what she was already thinking herself. Because once he established that he could sympathize with her that way, he could try to calm her down.

I always fall in love with his words because his words is indeed very sweet when you understand it in korean. You might be remember that Joo won made many quotes from his interview. So you will live your life with happiness and full of positive emotions

I don't always understand the language - in fact, most of the time, I don't. But I also come from a very Confucian Chinese family, so that gives me a sense of the cultural background that JW's living in and speaking from. Thus, so far, I don't think I've misunderstood his comments about girls or about his family or anything like that yet.

Yeah! Its so cute. Now i want to share video with different concept. This one will makes your heartbeat slow and makes you relax. He makes you calm and comfortable. You might be already watched it, but I want to share it again because its really cute! He is such a sweetheart.

Thanks! I have seen this video before, but it's always fun to re-watch.

I love all the spontaneous aegyo you get here :D  Things like how JW flicked his wrist when he waved so he was flopping around (:tongue:), or how he puffed out his cheeks or how he just burst out laughing when he saw something funny on a fan's phone - things like that. Things that feel unscripted and just improvised in the moment. 

Oooohhh.... you can make that as a story for next chapter! Can't wait how will the story begin and end. Hahaha..

Maybe not right away, but...eventually, yes. I mean, so far, I've usually been showing Cha Yoo Jin's reactions to Seol Nae Il, but it'd be interesting to see what he'd make of her response to him. :wink: 

Your welcome! Its so funny when i found out that joke. Maybe because one of 1N2D episode where he ate fish deliciously. And that makes fans imagination go wild. Here is more picture:

LOL! Chased by fish rather than bees this time? :tongue: 

This is so sweet! They just stare to each other eyes while smiling so brightly. Looks like they are so much in love

Aw...this photo is so sweet and adorable - thanks for sharing :) 

And now for my pics for today.

This time, there are two sets:

Part One: A ton of JW-related fanart I've come across recently on Instagram

Spoiler

This next one's super-cool - it predates "My Sassy Girl" by a good shot, but is a fan's imagining of what he might look like in a sageuk.

1N2D fanart, which is something we don't often see. This one is so cute; I love how JW is peeking out from behind Sung Si Kyung here.

Fanart from miscellaneous dramas:

1. "Gaksital"

2. "Level 7 Civil Servant"

3. "Good Doctor"

This next one's so awesome - it looks just like them!

4. "Nae Il's Cantabile"

I can't remember off the top of my head if I've shared this one before. Maybe? But if so, it's still worth re-sharing, since it's gorgeous.

After looking at and posting all of these...is it just me, or are JW's eyes the most distinctive feature that's picked up by these fan artists? Like, you can draw him however you want, and so long as you get the eyes right, he'll be recognizable? Yes, I know that his eyes are drawn in a very common bishounen style in these pictures, but, say, compare how his eyes are drawn with SSK's in the first pic; you'll see what I mean :wink: 

And now for Part 2: Miscellaneous Pics

Spoiler

Awesome silhouette shot from the InStyle Korea shoot in 2014

Actually...can I say that I just love that photoshoot, period?

"Nae Il's Cantabile" Behind the Scenes

This shot looks so peaceful and calm

Would you take his hand?

This shot looks really cool (I'm not sure who's behind him, though)

Imagine going into a Mountia store and seeing this!

EDIT

Looks like JW's gonna get another famous hoobae!

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/02/g-dragon-to-enlist-in-the-3rd-infantry-white-skull-division

• Like 1

On 2/24/2018 at 3:33 AM, kittyna said:

Yeah, things do get lost in translation, especially if you translate things literally (i.e. exactly word-for-word). Because the same word in different languages and cultures can have different nuances. So, perhaps a better translation for what JW was trying to say would be that he wanted to "keep [his] sister away from boys" or something like that rather than the literal version of keeping her at home or in her room :tongue:

Yeah! That is what I mean. Same words can have different meanings and feels if they were translated. It was a struggle to find a words that have the same meanings so the reader will not misunderstand. Sometimes there is someone that saying something good and nice/upright but when you translate it into different language, the feels and meanings that you get will different from what he originally said.

I don't always understand the language - in fact, most of the time, I don't. But I also come from a very Confucian Chinese family, so that gives me a sense of the cultural background that JW's living in and speaking from. Thus, so far, I don't think I've misunderstood his comments about girls or about his family or anything like that yet.

Its nice when you can understand what someone say in the video without subtitle. But most of people that can't understand what the actor say and means will just rely to subtitles and what they read from the translation. And its kinda sensitive. I can relate to that...

Thanks! I have seen this video before, but it's always fun to re-watch.

I love all the spontaneous aegyo you get here :D  Things like how JW flicked his wrist when he waved so he was flopping around (:tongue:), or how he puffed out his cheeks or how he just burst out laughing when he saw something funny on a fan's phone - things like that. Things that feel unscripted and just improvised in the moment

Haha! I love the way Joo won waving his hands. Its so adorable. And you're right, he was like flopping around while smile shyly. And I also love when he just laugh brightly when he saw something funny. Joo won likes to puffed his cheeks or pouting his lips like a duck. Everytime he thinks or daydreaming, he will does it consciously or not. 

Talking about aegyo, this video can't be missed. Its full of aegyoness.. the BGM also makes it more funny and cute. 

What is that, Joo won-ah... is that ballerina style to withstand the tingling caused by your hyungs?

Maybe not right away, but...eventually, yes. I mean, so far, I've usually been showing Cha Yoo Jin's reactions to Seol Nae Il, but it'd be interesting to see what he'd make of her response to him. :wink: 

That would be interesting. Seeing Nae il reaction when she sees Cha Yoo Jin Charm again. Like when they first met. She just really admired him. 

Wondering G-dragon is in the same division as Assistant instructure Moon Joon Won is so exciting. Looking forward for their friendship. And because G-dragon is enlisted in the same camp as Joo won, he might be under Joo won's command and be his troops. 

Its seems like a coincidence... FXXK IT is Big bang's song and after some times, one of their member is enlisting in that camp.

Now pics!!!

Spoiler

Here is the news.

Since i miss him so much...

Hello girls, start your day with this wonderful man.. his smile will makes your day full of colour.

Yeah!!! I agree 100% he is a genius and someone that born as an actor.

They just like sardines... so funny. With stuffy clothes and all, makes them look more cute.

The highlight for today's post!!! This drawing is so great!!! How can it be like that, she portray his features like the real one. And no doubt that the model is so gorgeous too. And he is indeed cute and hardworking. I just want take this drawing and the model home with me. I can't resist this beauty!!!

Edited by LyraYoo
please compress under spoiler tag multiple photos , thank you .
  • Like 1

Haha! I love the way Joo won waving his hands. Its so adorable. And you're right, he was like flopping around while smile shyly. And I also love when he just laugh brightly when he saw something funny. Joo won likes to puffed his cheeks or pouting his lips like a duck. Everytime he thinks or daydreaming, he will does it consciously or not. 

It's funny how often he gets caught making those faces on camera - even in moments where he's supposed to be serious, he might do them when the attention's on someone else.

Talking about aegyo, this video can't be missed. Its full of aegyoness.. the BGM also makes it more funny and cute. 

What is that, Joo won-ah... is that ballerina style to withstand the tingling caused by your hyungs?

Thanks for the video - that song cracked me up so much :tongue: 

I was more fascinated by all the dancing footage than the tickling game (although that was also a lot of fun to watch). I think someone should compile JW's dance breaks and put them all into one massive video - it'll be fun to watch.

About that game: I think JW was on tiptoes to try to squirm away from his hyungs, considering they were tickling him literally everywhere - if you look closely, Uhm Tae Woong even reaches into his pants :o And it's that point that he just gives up and goes down.

That would be interesting. Seeing Nae il reaction when she sees Cha Yoo Jin Charm again. Like when they first met. She just really admired him. 

We'll see. I haven't had time for writing of any sort these past few days, and I still want to do the other planned "Gaksital" and "Good Doctor" fics first. But afterwards, I have a ton of stuff planned for Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il in the "Seolleim in Salzburg" series - some cute and fluffy, some a bit more romantic, and also some conflict. Because I've been doing mostly the sweet lovey-dovey stuff, but real life never works out that way :tongue: 

Wondering G-dragon is in the same division as Assistant instructure Moon Joon Won is so exciting. Looking forward for their friendship. And because G-dragon is enlisted in the same camp as Joo won, he might be under Joo won's command and be his troops. 

Its seems like a coincidence... FXXK IT is Big bang's song and after some times, one of their member is enlisting in that camp.

I wonder if they already know each other. To be honest, I know next to nothing about G-Dragon save that he's super-famous and part of Big Bang :tongue: The only time I've paid him any mind was in his appearances on "Return of Superman" with Choo Sung Hoon's daughter Choo Sarang (who's a big fan of his)

Yeah!!! I agree 100% he is a genius and someone that born as an actor.

lol - I was actually planning on sharing this image soon, but you beat me to it :wink: 

It's always impressive seeing how different the two sides of his face - especially his eyes - are, but then they come together into a really interesting-looking face: one that's not necessarily immediately pleasant, but that grows on you over time.

Like in this Dramabeans blog post, which I know for sure I've shared before, but is always worth re-reading: Odds and Ends: The hotness effect

And I quote (edited to censor out profanity, though):

javabeans: Let’s be shallow today, because I want to talk about hot men and I don’t know how to be meaningful about that.

girlfriday: Perhaps the meaning isn’t the point! Haven’t you heard that life’s all about the journey? I can’t think of a better reason than that. It’s like they said in Cantabile Tomorrow — it’s about enjoying the thing you’re doing as you do it. It teaches us important things about life and stuff!

javabeans: And also that Joo-won is really pretty.

girlfriday: OMG SO PRETTY.

javabeans: It’s [censored] distracting. Here I am, trying to recap, and suddenly I have 100 screenshots of Joo-won’s face because I can’t refrain from the impulse to screen-capture every single frame. This one’s a tiny bit different! He moved a little!

girlfriday: Yes! I have giant folders filled with endless screencaps of his face. Have you noticed how he changes his expression with the slightest shift in his eyes or the corners of his mouth?

javabeans: It’s true. It’s a small change, but the mood can feel completely different. It must be because he has a particularly expressive face. He can do a lot with it.

girlfriday: It’s really not a show that would normally require this many screencaps — Gaksital, maybe, because of all the action — but in Cantabilethere’s no real reason, excuse, what have you.

javabeans: Uh, the reason is Joo-won. I thought we established this. Fine, so maybe in some angles he sometimes looks like an alien.

girlfriday: The world’s prettiest alien, you mean.

javabeans: I can actually see why people might say he’s not their idea of good-looking, until they see him in action. He acts with an intensity that sucks me in, and isn’t trying to look pretty.

girlfriday: My favorite thing about him is that no matter how pretty he is, he isn’t vain in his acting.

javabeans: It’s full absorption into the world. You can often see that other actors are constantly aware — where the light is, where their mark is, where to face — and that’s not always bad, because it’s good to have technical skills. But Joo-won doesn’t care what he looks like as long as his emotions are coming through.

girlfriday: Yes, he’ll cry snot tears. We’ve seen it.

javabeans: And the funny thing is, not trying to look good makes him look better.

girlfriday: It’s the cool paradox — trying to be cool fundamentally makes you uncool.

javabeans: It’s weird to remember thinking he was odd-looking at first, like in his Baker King days, but now I honestly can’t remember how it felt to think that.

girlfriday: I just don’t even understand, because Kang Dong-won is so pretty to me, and Joo-won looks just like him.

javabeans: Okay, I didn’t get Kang Dong-won for a while either.

girlfriday: I… don’t understand you. How are we even friends?

javabeans: But personality is such a huge component! And it’s like Lee Soo-hyuk: from some angles, giraffe alien hybrid. Other angles, beautiful.

girlfriday: Haha. Yeah but it’s those strange-but-beautiful-looking guys that stand out in the end. Exhibit A: Kim Woo-bin.

javabeans: Some guys aren’t the conventionally pretty type where every angle looks like a photo shoot (say, Lee Min-ho or Song Seung-heon), but once you see their appeal, they become more interesting because they’re different.

They go on in a similar vein about other actors for a while, but this first bit about JW as Cha Yoo Jin just cracks me up every single time. :D Mostly because I remember literally thinking that about JW when I first saw him in "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu" - I thought Yoon Si Yoon was better-looking than him, and, in some moments, I still do. But JW does have a way of growing on you, and next thing you know, you're looking at pictures and thinking he looks really handsome...and you have no idea how on earth you got there. It just sort of happened gradually and unconsciously.

Mind you, the moments where they describe JW as looking "alien" in "Nae Il's Cantabile" are actually some of my favourites - because he reminds me more of, like, one of the elves from "Lord of the Rings" in those moments, like those times when things like camera angle, lighting, costume, make-up, hairstyle, etc. make his jawline look a lot sharper and more pointed and his eyes look more slanted than they might actually be.

Like in these shots here, especially when combined with a serious expression like the ones on the left (the "meong" face on the right brings him back down to earth a little)

They just like sardines... so funny. With stuffy clothes and all, makes them look more cute.

Aww...it's the 1N2D "puppy pile"!

Another pic of the same sort of thing:

727bd716cbf173ebb0a63b5c12ed8bc4.jpg

And now for more pics!

Spoiler

Two thumbs up!

Kudos to the fans who noticed this: the picture on Han Gil Ro's name badge in "Level 7 Civil Servant" is actually one of Lee Kang To :tongue: 

JW pulls off the rich bad boy really well.

So, this is him as Qu Wei Ran in "Sweet Sixteen"

And this is him as Gu Ma Jun in "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu"

Bunny smile :) 

I don't know how I didn't notice this when I first watched the behind-the-scenes video, but I did when this clip was isolated out: it looks like Shim Eun Kyung actually bit JW when filming this part for "Nae Il's Cantabile"; you see him holding his arm in that same spot afterwards.

And, as a bonus, love this clip from the drama - people were discussing in the comments whether the close-up shots were actually JW's hands. I don't know for sure, but regardless, I see them as Cha Yoo Jin's hands anyway, so it doesn't matter to me.

And here's another interesting piece of fan-art - this time, imagining JW as a warrior. It looks like something out of a video game.

On 2/25/2018 at 12:20 AM, kittyna said:

It's funny how often he gets caught making those faces on camera - even in moments where he's supposed to be serious, he might do them when the attention's on someone else.

He did two of that in this video. His other reaction is also showed. Its so cute...

I was more fascinated by all the dancing footage than the tickling game (although that was also a lot of fun to watch). I think someone should compile JW's dance breaks and put them all into one massive video - it'll be fun to watch.

Yeah... I also like to watch Joo won dancing. I mean the real dancing like he did in Japan Fanmeet or in his musical. Actually, he already did that in Bridal mask. But its too short.. I want the longer version. Its so fascinating... I want to see Idol actor Joo won. Hahha... Hope to see him dancing in the future. In drama or in stage.

Like in this video. I was laughing so hard and amazed while watching this video. His dance was so cute. I want to see dancing joo won more after watching this video. I know he will be a versatile idol if he try to be one. There is nothing he can't do!

I wonder if they already know each other. To be honest, I know next to nothing about G-Dragon save that he's super-famous and part of Big Bang :tongue: The only time I've paid him any mind was in his appearances on "Return of Superman" with Choo Sung Hoon's daughter Choo Sarang (who's a big fan of his)

Hmm... i think you're right... I've seen Joo won's photo with TOP big bang. And chances that Joo won and G-dragon already know each other is become bigger. Because TOP and G-dragon is in the same group. 

Then I will looking forward for their interaction in military.. 

Actually I also know nothing about G-dragon. I just know like you said, he is famous and member of bigbang. And I know some of his scandal too.

https://id.pinterest.com/pin/505529126899807073/

It's always impressive seeing how different the two sides of his face - especially his eyes - are, but then they come together into a really interesting-looking face: one that's not necessarily immediately pleasant, but that grows on you over time.

Funny thing is, sometimes I cover half of his face to see his different expression in one face. One that like you said not very pleasant because that side is showing the anger and fierce expression. And the other side showing the pure and innocent expression. Just like a child or more like gentle stare of angel. 

Its so interesting to see that. And I love it when he use it in acting in the drama. Especially when he use his eyes with his eyebrows. Like in bridal mask. I love his thick eyebrows. 

By the way, did you know that actress said they like joo won because of his thick eyebrows beside his good personality. Here is one video of it:

I was smiling so big while watching this video.

The show! Start at 11:24

There are more videos about actress and celebrities choose joo won than other actor. But I want to share this one first. 

It’s [censored] distracting. Here I am, trying to recap, and suddenly I have 100 screenshots of Joo-won’s face because I can’t refrain from the impulse to screen-capture every single frame. This one’s a tiny bit different! He moved a little!

So true.. its so relatable! I can't help but screenshots everytime Joo won appear on the screen. My handphone is full of his photos. 

They go on in a similar vein about other actors for a while, but this first bit about JW as Cha Yoo Jin just cracks me up every single time. :D Mostly because I remember literally thinking that about JW when I first saw him in "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu" - I thought Yoon Si Yoon was better-looking than him, and, in some moments, I still do. But JW does have a way of growing on you, and next thing you know, you're looking at pictures and thinking he looks really handsome...and you have no idea how on earth you got there. It just sort of happened gradually and unconsciously.

Hmmm.... I never thought that Yoon Shi Yoon is more better-looking than Joo won because I thought that two of them is handsome. Actually, I've seen comment in Instagram and twitter that say Joo won is more attractive than Yoon Shi Yoon. He is Good-looking and will be more handsome when you look longer. His face is the type that the longer you see the more handsome it looks. And will become more handsome as he moves.

Mind you, the moments where they describe JW as looking "alien" in "Nae Il's Cantabile" are actually some of my favourites - because he reminds me more of, like, one of the elves from "Lord of the Rings" in those moments, like those times when things like camera angle, lighting, costume, make-up, hairstyle, etc. make his jawline look a lot sharper and more pointed and his eyes look more slanted than they might actually be.

I never watch Lord of the rings so I have no comment on it. Hehe :tongue:

But yeah, lightning, camera angle, make-up, hairstyle, and even his clothes makes his appearance different. Sometimes he will look chubby when he wear sweater and when his hair brought down. But he will look tall and slender when he wear suit and his hair brought up like in award ceremony. His body is still the same. Not gain or loss weight. Its just camera angle and his clothes that makes him look different. He will look chubby when you see it with different angle. But will look slim again if you look in other angle. 

And this is him as Gu Ma Jun in "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu"

The caption is really funny. We know in that scene, Ma jun was in the club after his wedding. Leaving his wife in hotel room alone. Its so funny when I read a comment saying Ma Jun is really bad leaving his wife and kissing other girl in club in his first night of marriage. Actually, he just feeling hurt because he saw Yoo Kyung hugging with tak gu and Yoo kyung slightly hesitate while saying marriage vows. They are hurting each other. Such a painful love story. Its more interesting than Tak Gu-Mi sun love story. 

Pics!!!

Its like Joo won is riding an invisible horse.

So touching... I want to cry. This video is showing his lovely smile, his cute little dance, his love towards his fans. He visited the mural that his fans make and post it in his SNS. This video also showing his fans love towards him. They are singing happy birthday song for him cheerfully and Joo won looks so happy here. The Music also make it more happy and touching.

Spoiler

And this is remembering me of his enlistment day. Makes me sad... 

Owh!! Remember when I said Joo won made so much Quote from his interview? This is one of it... when I first knew him and see this, first impression i got was this person is so sincere. He is different. And it makes me more curious about him and makes me want to know him more.

I love him so much! Because of his Good looking face, his tallent, and of course his amazing sincere hardworking and pure personality.

I want to be that lollipop.

Talking about different feel in one face, this is one photo of it again. Its so different each other but looking good when you combine it.

Edited by LyraYoo
please compress under spoiler tag multiple photos , thank you
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Hmm... i think you're right... I've seen Joo won's photo with TOP big bang. And chances that Joo won and G-dragon already know each other is become bigger. Because TOP and G-dragon is in the same group. 

Then I will looking forward for their interaction in military.. 

Actually I also know nothing about G-dragon. I just know like you said, he is famous and member of bigbang. And I know some of his scandal too.

https://id.pinterest.com/pin/505529126899807073/

I was surprised at first when I found out JW knew TOP, although I probably shouldn't have been (the entertainment industry's a pretty small world, after all). Maybe it's because I only found out after TOP's scandal, so I was like, "Um...okay...do I want to know this right now?" But so long as JW stays out of trouble himself, there's not much I can do about what choices his friends make.

Funny thing is, sometimes I cover half of his face to see his different expression in one face. One that like you said not very pleasant because that side is showing the anger and fierce expression. And the other side showing the pure and innocent expression. Just like a child or more like gentle stare of angel. 

Its so interesting to see that. And I love it when he use it in acting in the drama. Especially when he use his eyes with his eyebrows. Like in bridal mask. I love his thick eyebrows. 

By the way, did you know that actress said they like joo won because of his thick eyebrows beside his good personality. Here is one video of it:

It was only after getting into Hallyu that I knew that talking about how attractive a celebrity's eyebrows were was actually a thing. Like, it would never have crossed my mind to pay attention to that otherwise. 

So, it really cracked me up seeing articles like this one from Dramafever12 Korean actors with electrifying eyebrows (And it should go without saying that JW's on the list :wink: - and apologies in advance from some of the really lame puns being made in the post :tongue:)

But, as far as actors are concerned, I suppose it makes sense. After all, actors need to be able to express a broad range of emotions, and the eye(brows) do so much of that work. So, if JW's are more expressive than most...kudos for him :) 

Hmmm.... I never thought that Yoon Shi Yoon is more better-looking than Joo won because I thought that two of them is handsome. Actually, I've seen comment in Instagram and twitter that say Joo won is more attractive than Yoon Shi Yoon. He is Good-looking and will be more handsome when you look longer. His face is the type that the longer you see the more handsome it looks. And will become more handsome as he moves.

Well, what's handsome and what isn't is purely a matter of personal opinion, so there's no definite standard here :wink: 

To be honest, my own idea of what I consider handsome or attractive is constantly changing, and I'm reaching a point where it's not so much "Person A is more handsome as Person B" as it is "Person A and Person B are both good-looking, but in different ways". I guess I just don't find it worth my while trying to compare people like that.

The caption is really funny. We know in that scene, Ma jun was in the club after his wedding. Leaving his wife in hotel room alone. Its so funny when I read a comment saying Ma Jun is really bad leaving his wife and kissing other girl in club in his first night of marriage. Actually, he just feeling hurt because he saw Yoo Kyung hugging with tak gu and Yoo kyung slightly hesitate while saying marriage vows. They are hurting each other. Such a painful love story. Its more interesting than Tak Gu-Mi sun love story. 

I definitely think a lot more was invested in the Ma Jun-Yu Kyung storyline than the Tak Gu-Mi Sun one. I really thought of the latter as more of a friendly brother-sister relationship than a romantic one, and that's okay. Because both Tak Gu and Mi Sun were absolute cuties, and I thought they worked well with each other that way.

Ma Jun and Yu Kyung...they're both broken people, and perhaps, in the long run, they need each other in order to fully heal from the things that have been hurting them. But what we see in the drama...neither of them, but especially Ma Jun, was ready for that yet.

I actually interpreted the wedding night scene differently, where the thing that was getting on Ma Jun's nerves was jealousy, yes, but also his own insecurity. We don't hear what exactly he told Yu Kyung, but my guess was that he told her about what happened that night when he was twelve years old and had overheard the argument between his real parents and his "grandmother" - you know, the night he found the bracelet his mother dropped. Because I felt like Ma Jun still felt that Yu Kyung did not love him for who he really was - which is true, since I think she still had some feelings for Tak Gu - but I thought that he felt that because he had still not yet learned to accept himself for who he was, either. So even if Yu Kyung did love him, and even if he "won" by marrying her...he would always carry some doubt about that in his heart - and that's why I think he refused to consummate the marriage, because that would have made it official, and he wasn't ready to make that commitment yet. Not until he could be absolutely sure that he was genuinely loved by those around him. Except that for as long as he couldn't love himself, he would never be sure. It's a vicious downward spiral, and I'm just glad that we see him starting to climb out of it by the end of the drama.

Its like Joo won is riding an invisible horse.

It's great seeing how JW often shares photos/videos from his gym sessions, because we can see how much he's improved over time.

lol - I still remember when he first started the strength/resistance training, because that moment just coincidentally made it onto "Life Log". :tongue: JW was literally telling the film staff that he just did cardio training, and didn't do stuff with weights and whatnot, and then his trainer just walked up to him and handed him the little 1kg dumbbells, acting all like, "Well, we're going to start now." I just remember the really confused, "You want me to do what?" look on JW's face in that moment.

But he's come such a long way since then - so I'm definitely proud of him for that :) 

Owh!! Remember when I said Joo won made so much Quote from his interview? This is one of it... when I first knew him and see this, first impression i got was this person is so sincere. He is different. And it makes me more curious about him and makes me want to know him more.

Thanks for sharing those quotes! They are really sweet :) And I like that he's got a good head on his shoulders, and really tries to think of the bigger picture in his interactions with other people (like in the second comment).

Talking about different feel in one face, this is one photo of it again. Its so different each other but looking good when you combine it.

Okay, as one of the few people who can't even wink or raise one eyebrow properly...how on earth does someone narrow just one eye???

So, forgive me if this is something completely ordinary, but I'm always impressed that JW can do it :) 

And now for pics!

Spoiler

Same clothes, different actors:

1. JW and Lee Jong Suk

2. JW and Lee Min Ho

The wedding scene from "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu" - Some of these are screenshots, and some are behind-the-scenes photos

A few black-and-white photos

JW calling his hyung on 1N2D - Can we just talk about how he just completely lit up with happiness when his hyung answered? Even before his hyung showed up, you could tell from this shot that they were close.

A cute behind-the-scenes shot from "Good Doctor"

Not your typical mask pic, but this looks really cool

I think this shot from "Nae Il's Cantabile" turned out really well

• Like 1

Because I have so many to do today, i will just give awesome post that I found. Okay!

Here it is!!

Hero Joo won using Beany... hahaha so cute pose

It looks so good!!!

I love this pose... bad boy style and cool expression. He looks good with all that style.

More photos of bad boy but lovely Joo won. He play his eyebrows here. Makes it more real. I bet he will laugh and cringe after doing all this pose.

Ooohhh...  what's this? Teenager style? Or campus style? He looks young and fresh with this outfit.

Red cheeks and duck face to make our day more cheerful. Let's work with Joo won's spirit and happiness!!

Ooowwwhhh!!! His expression is so gentle just like an angel that come from heaven. 

Sexy cool expression with simple chic outfit.

I'll be back for more updates and replies. 

• Like 1

Since @moonstrike appears to be busy today, I'll just add a few more pics for now, but will be back for replies if the situation arises.

Spoiler

You ever come across those photos that just look completely perfect, like portraits?

Who else remembers this scene from "Catch Me"? I thought it was a funny reversal of what we saw in "Good Doctor": there, Park Si On accidentally broke a kid's Gundam figurine, and here, Lee Ho Tae is the one who gets his Gundam broken in the same way. Except that "Catch Me" also took a step further with this attempt at repairs.

An older picture of JW advertising Morning Calm Village

JW at "Fashion King" promotions - This shot turned out really nicely :) 

Sleepy JW....

• Like 1

Just popping by to say that "Good Doctor" got featured on a Dramafever post - again!

10 best Korean dramas for beginners

Again, as I find is now becoming somewhat of a norm, the jumping off point is trying to link people from the American remake to the Korean original - just for this alone, I think that having the American remake has been a plus for all the actors in the drama. Who knows? Maybe someday we'll start hearing stories from new JW fans who can point to this remake as where they started :) 

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS!!!! HAPPY NEWS!!! 

JOO WON WILL BE STARING IN DOCUMENTARY THAT WHITE SKULL DIVISION HELD TONIGHT AT 8.30!!! 

here is the camp facebook page!!!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1822299444511145&id=196850960389343

There are tags that means #Joowon and #letsseeJoowon. I Hope its not a prank. Did you remember that I hope Joo won staring in video that have one hour length? God is listening to all my wishes!!! 

I'M SO HAPPY! I ALMOST JUMP FROM MY CHAIR WHEN I SAW THIS NEWS. HE IS DOING A SHOW EVEN BEFORE HE OUT FROM MILITARY!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm on my phone now, so I'll save the longer post and pics for later.

But for now, thanks @moonstrike for the update! I think the White Skull is going to be back in the public eye for a while now, if for no other reason than G Dragon's enlistment. Still, it will be nice if we do get a glimpse of JW - the tag is from a military Facebook page rather than a fan page, so my guess is that it's real.

• Like 1

Hello!!! I'm back!

On 2/26/2018 at 6:56 AM, kittyna said:

I was surprised at first when I found out JW knew TOP, although I probably shouldn't have been (the entertainment industry's a pretty small world, after all). Maybe it's because I only found out after TOP's scandal, so I was like, "Um...okay...do I want to know this right now?" But so long as JW stays out of trouble himself, there's not much I can do about what choices his friends make.

Hmm... I think they are not a very close friend that often hang out together. It's just like I-know-that-person kinda friend. So you don't have to worry. And even though they are friends, we know that Joo won can choose what is good and what is bad. We know that he has a good and wise personality. I believe in him!!

It was only after getting into Hallyu that I knew that talking about how attractive a celebrity's eyebrows were was actually a thing. Like, it would never have crossed my mind to pay attention to that otherwise. 

Actually, I was like that too. I don't know that eyebrows is something in Korea especially for male actor or celebrity until I saw some actress choosing Joo won because of his eyebrows beside his good personality.  First, I was like confused, but after i know little bit about it, I don't confused anymore. Most korean women like guys who has thick eyebrows because it shows their sexy and manly side. 

So, it really cracked me up seeing articles like this one from Dramafever12 Korean actors with electrifying eyebrows (And it should go without saying that JW's on the list :wink: - and apologies in advance from some of the really lame puns being made in the post :tongue:)

Hmmm... first, dimples. Second, eyebrows. What's next? Eyes? Our cutie is indeed have a charming appearance. By the way, his fans said that they like Joo won's bubble but more. Hahaha... so would it be the next? Like this: "Korean actors with the most sexy bubble but"

It's great seeing how JW often shares photos/videos from his gym sessions, because we can see how much he's improved over time.

Yeah, I love that he and his trainer often share their activities in gym. We can see his appearance when he does physical exercise. And also the improvement of his body muscle especially the arms. It looks more bulky and stronger than before. He also looks more fresha and healthy. I love that Joo won take care of his health.

lol - I still remember when he first started the strength/resistance training, because that moment just coincidentally made it onto "Life Log". :tongue: JW was literally telling the film staff that he just did cardio training, and didn't do stuff with weights and whatnot, and then his trainer just walked up to him and handed him the little 1kg dumbbells, acting all like, "Well, we're going to start now." I just remember the really confused, "You want me to do what?" look on JW's face in that moment.

His face is so funny. He just looks like don't believe it that his trainer just give him two dumbbells and put those on his hands. Then he just like "Okay... We're doing it now" and start to follow his trainer instructions. I love that momment.

But he's come such a long way since then - so I'm definitely proud of him for that :) 

Yeah... I love that he don't protest and do what his trainer told him to do. And doing it with his best effort. Look how serious his face when he do that. Its not like he just do that withput effort at all. I also proud of him because of that.

Thanks for sharing those quotes! They are really sweet :) And I like that he's got a good head on his shoulders, and really tries to think of the bigger picture in his interactions with other people (like in the second comment).

That's why I said that we don't have to worry. He has a good head and wise heart inside him so he can choose what is good for him and stay away from bad things. He has a good believes and great faith so he will not fall to something bad. He has good friends and religious family around him that will protect him from something bad. From the interview, we can also see that he has a strong view about Good is good and bad is bad.

Okay, as one of the few people who can't even wink or raise one eyebrow properly...how on earth does someone narrow just one eye???

Hahaha... I don't know. Maybe its his tallent. 

Not your typical mask pic, but this looks really cool

I love this pic! His eyes looks like puppy eyes but still sharp and has strong stare. Cute and also cool!!

Now for pics!!

Because its midnight in my country, I send a photos with Joo won cute yet sincere laugh to make you have good dreams about him.

Back when Joo won is enlisted to military service. I love him just the way he is. His simple yet cool pose. And his sincere and hardworking personality.

I love the caption. Because it's true. He is shinning even without a celebrity status on his soulder right now.

This photo looks really good eventhough its not in HD quality. The quality of the photo can't hide his handsomeness. 

Hwang tae hee! I miss you!

• Like 1

Yes, I know that I was online all morning without posting anything, but that's because I was on my phone - so I was just hanging around reading posts in my spare time :tongue: 

But I'm actually on my computer now, so I can finally do this properly :) 

First things first, for those who, like me, didn't catch the "White Skull Division" documentary, I did find something else - a summary post about the unit from allkpopSome facts about the 'White Skull' Division that G-Dragon is joining

As I had guessed, the buzz is because of G-Dragon - and no wonder, since as far as celebrity status is concerned, I think it's a reasonable argument that he's even bigger than either JW or Ji Chang Wook. But still, it gives us Cuties a good look inside of the unit, regardless of how this look came about :wink: 

It's funny, because the detail that is mentioned about the hairstyle is one that I noticed during the Ground Forces Festival (i.e. that JW's was different from the other celebrity emcees), but I hadn't known that it was specific to the White Skull.

And I quote:

Known as the 'skull cut', military officials emphasize a unique haircut starting from 9mm at the top to 1mm on the side. If soldiers were to break this rule, they must stylize their hair again, even if they are days away from being discharged.

Can I just say, after reading that allkpop post...this group is pretty hardcore? Of course, I don't know how much is real and how much is just machismo or bluffing (the slogans, for instance, have me feeling a bit iffy), but we do know the stuff about winter training is fact, as is all the stuff about the White Skull being on the front line since they're based so close to the border.

I did see someone commenting, though, that the unit seems to be becoming a "celebrity division" - and I definitely know that's not a good thing. The term "celebrity division" still carries a connotation of easier or special treatment - as though celebrities are posted in particular units to "shelter" them. I don't think that rumour's true, but if it's showing up - even as a minority voice - I wonder what sort of impact it will have in the long run.

3 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Hmm... I think they are not a very close friend that often hang out together. It's just like I-know-that-person kinda friend. So you don't have to worry. And even though they are friends, we know that Joo won can choose what is good and what is bad. We know that he has a good and wise personality. I believe in him!!

True. Since it's just one photo, I think they're more likely acquaintances than friends.

Besides, if nothing else, I remember that JW's "I'm more innocent" comment from 2010 - the one that made me fall for him in the first place - was actually spoken in comparison to Kang Dong Won and TOP. Which might be really mean of me to say right now, but since that was my first impression of all three celebrities in question in terms of personality...let's just say it was a lasting one.

Actually, I was like that too. I don't know that eyebrows is something in Korea especially for male actor or celebrity until I saw some actress choosing Joo won because of his eyebrows beside his good personality.  First, I was like confused, but after i know little bit about it, I don't confused anymore. Most korean women like guys who has thick eyebrows because it shows their sexy and manly side. 

I guess a stronger, darker or more dramatically shaped brow suggests strength and masculinity in Korea - because we can definitely see how the opposite is true for the fashions among Korean girls, where the eyebrows are usually lighter coloured and really straight (especially compared to the Western trend, which is also for a very strong arch - if, on the off-chance, you've heard of the "Instagram brow" or "eyebrows on fleek", you'll know what I mean).

A strong brow also draws attention to the eyes, especially those that are a bit narrower or "longer" - which is also seen as a masculine trait. So I guess it all adds up in the end :wink: 

Hmmm... first, dimples. Second, eyebrows. What's next? Eyes? Our cutie is indeed have a charming appearance. By the way, his fans said that they like Joo won's bubble but more. Hahaha... so would it be the next? Like this: "Korean actors with the most sexy bubble but"

Just an FYI: I first read this response when I was sitting somewhere in public. You don't want to know how hard I had to stop myself from just bursting out laughing at "bubble butt". Is that seriously what they call it? That sounds so funny!

I know that JW gets teased about that a lot, and he also plays along when it's brought up in interviews and stuff. But given his overall build - a muscular but ultimately lean torso, with a small waist but thicker arms and legs - I'm not surprised fans would say he had a nice butt :tongue: 

Even though that's not something I actually pay much attention to, I can see why others would.

Yeah, I love that he and his trainer often share their activities in gym. We can see his appearance when he does physical exercise. And also the improvement of his body muscle especially the arms. It looks more bulky and stronger than before. He also looks more fresha and healthy. I love that Joo won take care of his health.

Can I just say that I loved how that turned into a running gag of sorts on "Life Log"? It cracked me up every single time that, right after JW did some sort of physical work or exercise, the film crew would ask him what his favourite body part was, and he would always just point to whichever part he had just worked. So, usually, it was his arms, since they asked that after his first exercise with the dumbbell or after he made fried rice for everyone.

His face is so funny. He just looks like don't believe it that his trainer just give him two dumbbells and put those on his hands. Then he just like "Okay... We're doing it now" and start to follow his trainer instructions. I love that momment

lol - And then he was complaining the day after during the photoshoot that his shoulders were sore :tongue: Well, they would be if he was just starting out, so I don't think he was whiny or anything. I just thought it was funny that he got so into the exercises then that he didn't even want his stylist friend touching him there the next day.

And now for pics!

Spoiler

So, first of all, I've found some chibi fanart for "Nae Il's Cantabile" that I want to share.

1. Both Yoo Jin and Nae Il look so cute here :D 

2. Add Il Rak to the mix for double the cuteness

3. I love how Yoo Jin's the only one that's normal-sized here: it did sometimes feel like he was the only adult in the room at times, and he was surrounded by little kids. Cute little kids, but still kids :tongue: (And, yes, that includes Professor Stresemann)

4. Throwing in a quick non-chibi one, because it looks gorgeous

5. Finally, I thought this one was the funniest: an alternative ending to the waterpark scene :tongue: 

Leaving behind the fanart for today, but still on the subject of "Nae Il's Cantabile" - LOVE THIS PIC!

(By the way, @moonstrike, I think the caption here gives us a pretty good idea of what exactly "moaty" means, since I remember we were wondering about that earlier. :tongue:)

This shot's just really simple and straightforward, but that's why I like it.

It's Mini-JW! 

JW's webcam "confession" on 1N2D - This was when he was getting ready for the "Romantic Backpacking Trip", and he was hinting at the fact that he invited someone (Choi Kang Hee). I still remember the clue he provided: that this was "someone I cherish". You can take that as a romantic feeling or a friendship feeling, but either way, it was just so sweet :) 

Okay, last one for today, but too cute not to share. This shot compares JW (bottom) with Song Min Guk (top), who's one of the triplet sons of Song Il Kook (and also the big aegyo monster out of the three).

• Like 1

Good news, everyone: I think I've gotten far along in the fic I'm currently working on (the "Gaksital" fic), that I can offer Preview #2.

It's still a bit rough around the edges, so I may end up making some changes by the time we get to the final version, but I do think this bit has the sort of tone/pacing I'm looking for.

Spoiler

“Look, Kimura-sensei. We’ve already looked at every possible place he could be and –”

“We have to find him.”

Koiso took off his cap, running a hand through his hair in exasperation. “But –”

“We have to,” Shunji barrelled on, his voice rising in his agitation. “Even if we take this mountain apart, stone by stone. Even if we have to drain this stream. We must find him!”

The detective scoffed. “Look around you. It’s dark now – even if we kept trying, we wouldn’t see anything. Perhaps we should call it off for today –”

But Shunji could not hear what else the other man said after that.

“Fine. If you won’t do it, then I will,” he barked, ripping open his jacket and throwing it off in one fluid motion before marching resolutely into the river.

“Wait! Kimura-sensei! Shunji!”

Shunji felt Koiso grab him roughly by the elbow, but rather than stopping, he rounded on the other man.

“What else do you want me to do?” he cried, flinging himself out of Koiso’s grip. “This is Kenji we’re talking about – I can’t go back to my father like this!”

“Do you know what the locals call this place? Next World Cliff. It’s because no-one has ever survived a fall from it. Ever. Every single person who has ever fallen here has died: drowned in the river if not dashed against the rocks. One hundred percent.

“Look, Shunji – you’re not the only one who is upset here. You have to remember that Kimura Kenji is not just my superior; he’s my friend.”

And did he know it.

Finally feeling himself start to calm from his outburst, Shunji turned to glance up at Koiso. Personally, he detested the man – after all, Koiso, along with Kenji, were the main bullies who had made it their mission to make Lee Kang To’s life in the police precinct a living hell. But this point, at least, he could not deny: Koiso was, if anything, Kenji’s only friend in the world.

This time, he did not resist when the detective firmly placed a hand on his shoulder. “I want to find that perp as much as you do. But we’re not going to be succeed by groping around in the dark like this. If Gaksital’s already dead – and I know for sure that he must be – then it won’t make a difference whether we recover his corpse tonight or tomorrow.”

You don’t understand, Shunji wanted to say. Gaksital was not like most men. He had already died once. Lee Kang To had killed him. But somehow, he had come back from the dead. And not only that, but he had come back with a vengeance: tracking down and attacking the very officers who were assigned to his case.

Koiso hadn’t seen how Gaksital had fought today. Shunji had.

No-one who had been shot by Kang To could fight like that.

No human being, anyway.

But Gaksital couldn’t be a demon, could he? Or a god? The stories that Kang To and Tamao had told him years ago…they couldn’t be true, could they?

Of course not. Those were just stories. Legends. Fairy tales. Shunji would have to be mad to believe them.

And yet…and yet….

He said none of this aloud, of course. He knew how crazy the entire idea sounded. Instead, he only nodded wordlessly at Koiso, who then turned to order the other officers to stop the search for the night.

To be honest, were it not for his desperation that Gaksital’s body be recovered as quickly as possible as proof that he was, in fact, an ordinary man, Shunji would have felt relieved at the chance to rest.

He had only had to deal with hunting Gaksital for one day, and already his head felt like it was about to explode.

Kenji and Kang To had been at it for months.

No wonder the hunt drove both of them mad.

So I guess we're starting to see Shunji's descent into madness? 

The first time watching the drama, I thought his downward spiral started later, when he really started turning to the dark side. But watching the drama a second time this past summer, and now, re-watching excerpts of Episodes 6 and 7 again in order to write this...I'm starting to think this is when we start seeing it.

• Like 1

BREAKING NEWS AGAIN FRIENDS!!! WE HAVE MANY BIG GOOD NEWS THIS WEEK. JOO WON'S DISCHARGE DAY WILL BE MOVE ON : 17 NOVEMBER 2018. 9 MONTHS FROM NOW!!! I'M SO HAPPY! 

FIRST WE HAVE JOO WON STARING IN DOCUMENTARY SHOW. YESTERDAY AND NEXT WEEK. YEAH!! HE WILL MAKE HIS APPEARANCE AGAIN NEXT WEEK. AND SECOND HIS DISCHARGE DAY WILL BE EARLIER. 

P.S:  His original discharge date was Feb 15,2019.. But now their korean president approved to 18 months army service he is the first celebrity who will get that benefit which is now move on Nov 17,2018. Since he is the first celebrity that enlisted to the army. Yeayyyy!!! Happy for him! :D:lol::wub:

Edit: Now I'm confused. I just saw someone say that it has not been confirmed but some say it is true. Which one is true? This instagram post is been deleted. So is it not true? Oooohhh.... my head hurts. But it is okay that his discharge day is still on February 15th, 2019. More important thing is he is doing great and comeback with smile on his face. We will still waiting for you!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, moonstrike said:

BREAKING NEWS AGAIN FRIENDS!!! WE HAVE MANY BIG GOOD NEWS THIS WEEK. JOO WON'S DISCHARGE DAY WILL BE MOVE ON : 17 NOVEMBER 2018. 9 MONTHS FROM NOW!!! I'M SO HAPPY! 

FIRST WE HAVE JOO WON STARING IN DOCUMENTARY SHOW. YESTERDAY AND NEXT WEEK. YEAH!! HE WILL MAKE HIS APPEARANCE AGAIN NEXT WEEK. AND SECOND HIS DISCHARGE DAY WILL BE EARLIER. 

P.S:  His original discharge date was Feb 15,2019.. But now their korean president approved to 18 months army service he is the first celebrity who will get that benefit which is now move on Nov 17,2018. Since he is the first celebrity that enlisted to the army. Yeayyyy!!! Happy for him! :D:lol::wub:

Edit: Now I'm confused. I just saw someone say that it has not been confirmed but some say it is true. Which one is true? This instagram post is been deleted. So is it not true? Oooohhh.... my head hurts. But it is okay that his discharge day is still on February 15th, 2019. More important thing is he is doing great and comeback with smile on his face. We will still waiting for you!!

Well, changing a law isn't easy, so even if President Moon Jae In is making a move to shorten the term for military enlistments (by the way, this isn't the first time I've heard of such plans - on this very forum, in fact), it'll take some time before anything official is actually set.

I do think it would be a bit of a strange time to shorten the term right at this moment, though - there are a lot of conflicting voices and ideas on where North-South relations in Korea should go now that the Olympics are done. And whatever policy the South Korean government makes will have a direct impact on the military - so my guess is that there are simply too many unknown factors involved before any shortening of the enlistment term will go into effect.

I also think that if it's a one-source thing right now (i.e., that we're only hearing it from one place), then things are likely still uncertain. Don't overthink the Instagram post disappearing, though - at least on this forum. Sometimes, pictures/videos that we've shared disappear because the Instagram user temporarily sets their page to "Private", and that means that Soompi can no longer embed those posts properly. And even if that's not the case and the post itself actually has been deleted...then, that means we'll just have to wait a bit longer.

One thing I do know for sure, though: if the term for active duty is shortened to 18 months, we won't just be hearing it from JW's fans. We will be hearing it from everywhere: fans of any celebrity who's currently serving active duty whose terms will be affected (e.g. Ji Chang Wook, Im Si Wan, Kim Soo Hyun, G-Dragon, etc.) will also be talking about it when the time comes. To me, that will be the biggest marker that it's real :wink: 

But for now...I'm just glad to see that JW's still fulfilling his duty. :) 

By the way: am I the only one who's wondering how JW would react if his term actually does get shortened? I imagine he would be happy, but I can also see him just throwing himself even more into whatever he's doing - I remember Angel Manager saying that JW "fits eight days of work into one week's schedule", so can you imagine him trying to do that again here, and make the 18 months count as much as 21 would?

And now for pics!

Spoiler

He looks so cool here! This is less his "bad boy" style, and more his "tall, dark and mysterious" side :wink: 

My favourite is the top right photo: the one that's taken through a window. That's some gorgeous staging there :) 

Contrast that with this picture here: so sweet and romantic :) 

Or, we could go for bright and colourful instead :wink: 

A bit of pop art influence? Kudos to whoever added the colour filters here!

LOVE the lighting in this one!

Cute behind-the-scenes video from "Nae Il's Cantabile" - We can really see that JW takes photos as a hobby here :) 

I love his attempt at rap, too B) Even if he does end up cringing afterwards :tongue: 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2018 at 3:16 AM, kittyna said:

Can I just say, after reading that allkpop post...this group is pretty hardcore? Of course, I don't know how much is real and how much is just machismo or bluffing (the slogans, for instance, have me feeling a bit iffy), but we do know the stuff about winter training is fact, as is all the stuff about the White Skull being on the front line since they're based so close to the border.

I've heard this when Joo won make his appearance in Army festival. His fans is asking what happened to his hair because his hair is much shorter than other MC celebrities like Do sang woo and park geon il. And then his other fans answered "It's Baekgol (white skull) style. ㅋㅋ" Since then I more understand why his camp is special not because there are celebrities in there but because they are more stiff, harder, and like you said, hardcore. Harder and hardcore because the temperatures and all exercise or activities is more dangerous. Especially they are exactly near the border of south korea and north korea. And also the temperature will be colder than other camp in winter and hotter in summer. So as i said, its more harder. And I'm proud that Joo won is first rank in 5 weeks training in that camp. He even become an assistant instructure there. I've heard that he became the first rank after showing unbelievable physical strength and also mental. It makes me remember that he said he has confidence in his stamina. And he proove that and also nailed it.

On 2/28/2018 at 3:16 AM, kittyna said:

did see someone commenting, though, that the unit seems to be becoming a "celebrity division" - and I definitely know that's not a good thing. The term "celebrity division" still carries a connotation of easier or special treatment - as though celebrities are posted in particular units to "shelter" them. I don't think that rumour's true, but if it's showing up - even as a minority voice - I wonder what sort of impact it will have in the long run.

I also don't think that rumour is true. Because i don't think just because they are celebrity, their training would be easier. 

• Like 1