Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]

Joowon speaks English~ He actually has good pronunciation when he speaks English. Like a natural~ But he just rarely speak it.

Can't really tell if he speaks English fluently - are there other clips of him interacting in or speaking a greater length of text in English? But just from this little bit, he does seem to have a "neutral" English accent, i.e. not heavily Korean accented. Nice. :)

@mrdimples: What about his hands? Are you asking me if I saw him do this? That was before I took out my phone and decided to record his answer to "advice for your 15 year old self". I was just staring at him and looking at how he was simply adorable in the way he laughed when he heard that question. He was all "Oh goodness, that's like what? 14 years ago? Wow... I need to think..." I think his point in his advice was to tell his 15 year old self that it's alright to live a little. :) He's so sweetie... Ah. I want a dongsaeng like that too. I can totally understand why his seniors like him so much. 

• Like 8
  • Replies 57.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coolreborn

• stearly

• mrdimples

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joowon cries... I cry too~ All the hardships and happiness that we went through together the past couple of years... It has been a roller-coaster ride being in this fandom. Joowon has had to work so h

Hai girls! Sorry I've been out of it for the past couple of days. I didnt have time to go to soompi, hadnt even back-tracked the pages since Saturday and my phone takes the longest time ever to upload

After Korean Drama Awards, I read somewhere that 80% of the netizens' comments was on how Kim Soo Hyun deserved the award, 10% were hurling insults on Yong Pal writer and Kim Tae Hee for winning and 5

Joowon speaks English~ He actually has good pronunciation when he speaks English. Like a natural~ But he just rarely speak it.

Can't really tell if he speaks English fluently - are there other clips of him interacting in or speaking a greater length of text in English? But just from this little bit, he does seem to have a "neutral" English accent, i.e. not heavily Korean accented. Nice. :)

You can hear he speaks English in the final episode of Tomorrow Cantabile. About 4 to 5 lines? And I think he sounds pretty good :)

• Like 5

@mrdimples: What about his hands? Are you asking me if I saw him do this? That was before I took out my phone and decided to record his answer to "advice for your 15 year old self". I was just staring at him and looking at how he was simply adorable in the way he laughed when he heard that question. He was all "Oh goodness, that's like what? 14 years ago? Wow... I need to think..." I think his point in his advice was to tell his 15 year old self that it's alright to live a little. :) He's so sweetie... Ah. I want a dongsaeng like that too. I can totally understand why his seniors like him so much. 

From what I have seen,he cannot speak fluently but he understands.I believe.On one ep of 1n2d which was 2 or 3 years ago, he was paired up with US born Korean.They were funny pair as JW spoke in mixture of English and Korean while that guy spoke in English.He usually used one key word to explain that guy. Eg: for introduction,he said introduce.

I think JW know a lot of vocabularies as a non-english speaker but he might have problem creating sentences,hence unable to present his thought. 

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 7

You can hear he speaks English in the final episode of Tomorrow Cantabile. About 4 to 5 lines? And I think he sounds pretty good :)

Looks like that's my next "to watch" after I'm done with Good Doctor. Heh heh heh...

• Like 5

From what I have seen,he cannot speak fluently but he understands.I believe.On one ep of 1n2d which was 2 or 3 years ago, he was paired up with US born Korean.They were funny pair as JW spoke in mixture of English and Korean while that guy spoke in English.He usually used one key word to explain that guy. Eg: for introduction,he said introduce.

I think JW know a lot of vocabularies as a non-english speaker but he might have problem creating sentences,hence unable to present his thought. 

LOL! Yeah~ His vocabulary for English is just like mine for Korean. He definitely cant speak fluently, but I love how he speaks them, even when scripted. His accent isnt too strong, and he speaks it softly in a low tone. I love his conversation in English in Naeil Cantabile! He sounds very nice indeed. :D

• Like 6

Is Joo Won's insta account inactive?

Ah... forget the question. I just found the correct account. The handle provided in an earlier article by allkpop was not correct...

Edited by gilaswan
  • Like 3

Hmm I think I've watched started all his dramas now.  I've seen all his movies too, with the exception of Paradise Heaven (is that even out yet? I'm confused).  I'm still waffling about whether or not I want to watch It's Him/That Guy when it comes available.  I'm a giant scaredy-cat so I can't sit still through thrillers or horror movies. 

• Like 5

Just YongPal and am almost done with Good Doctor... Ah... I actually have a lot of work I'm behind on... Shouldn't keep getting distracted. I'm just watching HIM now. Hahahahaha.... 

I think after this hell week/season is over, I want to watch Yong Pal again. I got side tracked by Good Doctor and the euphoria of Saturday... Must resume my re-watch soon... I miss Yong Pal!!

• Like 8

LOL! Yeah~ His vocabulary for English is just like mine for Korean. He definitely cant speak fluently, but I love how he speaks them, even when scripted. His accent isnt too strong, and he speaks it softly in a low tone. I love his conversation in English in Naeil Cantabile! He sounds very nice indeed. :D

Yes,native speakers and those who learnt the language since young will not understand it.It is really hard to create the sentences! It's like you understand almost everything but unable to express one's own thought properly! Almost every language is like that. But Joo Won is good through. If he is to focus and study hard,he might able to speak English fluently after 6 months or so,provided he knows lot of words.My personal experience :)

@gilaswan  Please do join me in my Cantabile watch... I had to give up on Baker King :) 

I join you also. I am at ep 15!

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 6

Just YongPal and am almost done with Good Doctor... Ah... I actually have a lot of work I'm behind on... Shouldn't keep getting distracted. I'm just watching HIM now. Hahahahaha.... 

I think after this hell week/season is over, I want to watch Yong Pal again. I got side tracked by Good Doctor and the euphoria of Saturday... Must resume my re-watch soon... I miss Yong Pal!!

YEAH I'm so busy now too can't marathon anything, so jealous of everyone watching joowon stuff haha! can't wait to be able to indulge again soon! :wub:

• Like 3

Wow. You're so far. I'm only on episode 2.  :)  I'm also watching IRIS though (for my new TaeHee crush lol)

@gilaswan  Please do join me in my Cantabile watch... I had to give up on Baker King :) 

I join you also. I am at ep 15!

Cantabile is the last drama I want to watch for JW... but somehow I spent only 7days or so to reach ep 15. Then I hesitated to watch the last 2 episodes for awhile because  I don't want it to end... WHAAAAAAT... I can't believe I am saying this. I had zero expectation for this drama... XD 

• Like 5

Hmm I think I've watched started all his dramas now.  I've seen all his movies too, with the exception of Paradise Heaven (is that even out yet? I'm confused).  I'm still waffling about whether or not I want to watch It's Him/That Guy when it comes available.  I'm a giant scaredy-cat so I can't sit still through thrillers or horror movies. 

You started but dropped them? Like Baker King? 

Have you completed any? just curious

I am going to re-watch Yong Pal too. If you have time to start a new Joo Won drama, Tomorrow Cantabile is good for this season, wait.....I forgot you and I are in this eternal sunshine place. But you must watch Gaksital and Ojakgyo Brothers. I think you will like them. 

Baker King belong to the type of dramas I would watch with my mom. But can I confess that I marathoned the entire series in 1 week? All the time, I wanted to throttle Dad, poke Grandma with a stick and hug Ma Jun. Tak Gu also makes me mad. He's like those whack-a- mole which you keep hitting but always pop up grinning. I think I love all the baddies in the show especially this delicious one

tumblr_lf2u5tp84N1qb5ldt_zpsa2e8aad3.gif

Cantabile is the last drama I want to watch for JW... but somehow I spent only 7days or so to reach ep 15. Then I hesitated to watch the last 2 episodes for awhile because  I don't want it to end... WHAAAAAAT... I can't believe I am saying this. I had zero expectation for this drama... XD 

@Ma OO you haven't watched Tomorrow Cantabile? It is such an underrated drama. The haters were crazy bashing this one. But I love it, it's a good drama in it's sweet and unique way. 

• Like 9

WHY! WHY all the male leads and female leads like to run away from one another? Are they allergic to each other? Grr 

* Starring hard at Cantabile AND YP!

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 6

WHY! WHY all the male leads and female leads like to run away from one another? Are they allergic to each other? Grr 

You know that Tomorrow Cantabile filmed the last episode first, right? 

Stupid Production should have just cut it. That's why it was so jarring after the beautiful ep 15. 

• Like 4

Hidden Content

I didn't know anything about NC. I had A levels when it was airing so I didn't watch. Then I read that reviews are not good so I didn't touch. I need to cure YP withdrawal so I'm finally watching it.It is beautiful drama,sweet and lovely but the ending,I am approaching ending and unhappy that NL kept running away!

Edited by Ma OO
  • Like 5
  • Guest changed the title to Joo Won 주원
  • partyon changed the title to Joo Won 주원 [Upcoming Movie "Carter" 2021]
  • Guest unfeatured this topic