Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

@moonstrike Thanks for the interviews - I haven't seen the first one before, and I think I've only come upon parts of the second. :) 

9 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Your story is really impressive....and dark. I imagine joo won as lee kang to that act like a jerk here. And you also potray shunji really good here, i can feel his kind heart is stabbed because of his friends behavior.

Yeah...I'm still not sure what will happen if I continue with this, because, as I said earlier, it'll only get crazier from here.

I feel like I've gotten used to getting into the good Shunji's head, though - I'm not so sure about the evil version yet, because writing from a villain's POV isn't something I've done before :unsure:

Writing, for me, is a little bit like acting. While I certainly don't go all-in like how JW describes it, I do, to some extent, end up feeling the same emotions as the narrating character whose voice/story I'm bringing out. So, in this case, that meant feeling a little bit angry or afraid or sad whenever Shunji did: not to the point where, say, I'd cry or shout, but definitely to the point where I could feel my pulse go up, or my breath hitch, or just a strong creeping sense of dread while I was writing out certain bits because I was afraid.

10 hours ago, moonstrike said:

I like when he wears a soft looking colour outfit. It makes him more gentle and calm and of course more handsome. Hihihi...

lol - That made me go back through my collection to see what colours he usually wears. As could be expected for most guys, it's mostly neutral colours: black, white, various shades of grey, navy blue, etc.

Still, there are some particular colours that really stand out to me as ones I like seeing him in.

For instance, I always think he pulls off grey really well - especially the lighter shades

Spoiler

09a28a0b1cf5665b87f7125934be1b75.jpg

ba225486c27a088bd072d97ec16957de.jpg

Quick cameo by Park Ki Woong in this next one, but I'm sharing because I actually really, really loved the suit JW wore to this event - the 2012 KBS Drama Awards. Where most guys wore black - and JW, too, tends to wear black to these events - this one was a bit outside of the box and I loved it :) 

Speaking of which - JW wears grey A LOT in "Gaksital". This is just one shot of many that I have.

425a1f961d9e71fbc30ac166d151c404.jpg

There's also a particular shade of beige that I like on him, too. Beige can be a really plain/boring colour, but the particular one I'm referring to is, like, the trench coat beige.

Spoiler

c1dc8a4bf6d987e51f468fb087671eb1.jpg

Most of the time, he literally is wearing a coat when this colour is involved - I've seen actual trench coats, but also some really soft-looking wool coats.

bdc6ee204e27ab53d19ac591faf505ac.jpg

5a5599e76d45325f599e376967437529.jpg

6ce49f598efb2fb21bfbd59ac26c6f7d.jpg

90217d2f7d2e040b7bf733c8d6a9ca7c.jpg

If we're going to talk about the brighter end of the spectrum, I really, really like JW in reds and pinks.

Spoiler

In terms of pink, I prefer the softer and more subtle shades to the bright ones on him - although he actually pulls of the really dark, almost "Barbie" shade surprisingly well, too.

3dcf09981a2673ed544e3ae94a24784e.jpg

716667677416bd31441652e075c12377.jpg

af777c4918036de7b4aad428de20839b.jpg

Have to pop over to my hanbok collection to show you the brightest pink I've seen JW wearing. I can't really imagine him pulling it off in anything but hanbok, though.

d79ce5565e7e55782771d12348a3f60e.jpg

As for the reds, I've seen him in warmer and cooler versions of it, but I definitely prefer the latter: anything from just a neutral red to a deeper, almost blood red, all the way to burgundy.

06b989f9a1bc68367a33edffe467c758.jpg

This one's for the pants :wink: 

f0d29278540fe9577b8b042fa98b56ce.jpg

d7235f94a29f454ee0dd8ad3842e1c9d.jpg

5103d550691f2e4e4f1fedaf3e606563.jpg

Speaking of red, am I the only one who, upon first seeing this next outfit on "Nae Il's Cantabile" just went, "Dang...that's hot!"? I mean, Cha Yoo Jin usually wore more neutral colours - and even when he did wear red previously, it was a duller burgundy.

And then we saw him like this. I can't be the only one who was thinking, "Man, you need to do something like this more often..."

c1cb56ae5e0805bbe05a01fdf7b04113.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

I feel like I've gotten used to getting into the good Shunji's head, though - I'm not so sure about the evil version yet, because writing from a villain's POV isn't something I've done before

The story will turns out great absolutely... don't stop the story here.. because i feel the story getting more intense here since lee kang to is going to catch bridal mask and I want to know how will you potray shunji when the accident happened. Will he act like in the drama or will he do something different. Just you that will know it.. hehehe. FIGHTING!!!

Since you post joo won in his dashing clothes, i will post something about him too but in different theme. Its about joo won's carrier from beginning...

From Spring Awakening: he was a young boy. A young boy that has many dreams and passion. A boy who did his best in every job. A boy who did his best to achive his dream becoming a national actor.

http://star.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Joo-Won-37.jpg

Look how he smile here, you can see his rabbit teeth that i mention earlier. So cutee... OoOoohh, you can see his awesome dimples too... and his hair make him looks more like a child...
http://star.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Joo-Won-39.jpg

Baker King, Kim Tak Goo: he became a handsome baker. But has a cold and lonely heart. A victim of his parents ambition. Joo won act this role very well in his first debut drama and received everyone love because of his acting.

http://star.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Joo-Won-23.jpg

Ojakgyo Brothers: a cool guy appeared. A guy that has a pain in his heart but hide it very well. A guy that really love his family and will do anything to protect his girl.
http://www.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Ojakgyo-Brothers6.jpg

hwang tae heeeee.... I'm in love with youuu...

1n2d: we waited for his appearance every second. And see his cute expression every week. He also shows his true self that makes audience love and adore him even more.

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa324/girlfridaydb/drama/2012/1n2d/1n2d411/1n2d411-00203.jpg

He has done a great job so far! He always made us proud. That's one of the reasons why we love Joo Won! We will wait for you to comeback and do a great job again...

http://star.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Joo-Won-30.jpg

And now, we will see him again in fourteen months from now. You will see, after he comeback, he will make a great project and launch like a rocket... FIGHTING!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, moonstrike said:

The story will turns out great absolutely... don't stop the story here.. because i feel the story getting more intense here since lee kang to is going to catch bridal mask and I want to know how will you potray shunji when the accident happened. Will he act like in the drama or will he do something different. Just you that will know it.. hehehe. FIGHTING!!!

Oh, I'm not worried about that part! It may take me a while to get there, because I think I want to switch to lighter, happier stories for a bit, but the stuff in Episodes 6 and 7 aren't what's unnerving me right now.

It's the stuff from when Shunji finds out Kang To is Gaksital onwards that I'm just like, "Geez...how am I going to do THAT???" Especially that really messed-up torture fantasy thing that Shunji has in Episode 24 - no wonder Park Ki Woong said he got nightmares over the course of filming the drama :cold_sweat:

But that'll be a really long ways ahead in the future, I think. So I suppose, with the increase in intensity actually happening gradually with each new installment in this series...perhaps I'll be ready when the time comes. It's just daunting to think about right now.

Love the retrospective on JW's career thus far - are you going to continue that? :) 

• Like 1

Okay, so apparently I thought that there shouldn't be any new endorsement pics for JW coming out by now, since we've gone through, more or less, the entire 2017 fashion calendar for the brands he's with.

Well...I was wrong.

Mind Bridge just released these shots of their winter collection

Makes me wonder what else brands like Mind Bridge, Mountia, or GGIO2 have up their sleeves... :glasses:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kittyna said:

Love the retrospective on JW's career thus far - are you going to continue that? :) 

I don't think i can do that again because you know i'm using my phone now and i can't post a picture like usual. My laptop is abit crazy this days, it will be error and take time just to go to the home screen. So all i can do is writing my own post or copying photos from internet. But someday i will use my laptop and posting my joo won cute collection here...

Actually, i'm reposting other people post in this thread... I want to go back to the past because I think the post is too good to forget so I want to post it again ... I'll come back with a better post ... like interviews and video videos related to our cutie.

And this is a video that i found recently...

And this one too...

Joo Won Birthday Party 2012- A fan's account 

0ff41bd5ad6eddc454ec50da38dbb6fd52663383

An account of Joo Won’s birthday in 2012. Although I am posting this late, I wish to thank Joo Won for presenting such a wonderful gift in his acting. This is the longest piece of translation I have put up on weibo, dedicated to Moon Jun Won.

The party was supposed to be held from 8 to 10pm but time just flew pass and it ended at 10.40pm, a total duration of 2 hours and 40 minutes. Earlier in the day, Joo Won was at a fan meet at XX, but he arrived in Seoul not a minute late. He was also punctual at the fan meet

1.Opening- Joo Won started by singing a song from Grease. After the lovely song, he said that during Grease performance, he sang that song 230 times. Because today he came straight from XX to Seoul, he didn’t have a chance to practise and just sang. However, he looked quite pleased with his performance. Although he was very tired, he sang very well.    

2.Bungee Jump Do you know that Joo Won did the bungee jump in 1N2D? He was actually very frightened of bungee jumping. After seeing his hyungs do it, it gave him courage. Although he did jump, he regretted it the moment he took off, thinking to himself that he will never do it again. He said that he didn’t dare to take roller coaster till he was in second year of high school, he also couldn’t take the carousel. So he quite smugly said that the he did good doing the bungee jump. my dear Cutie, afraid of heights are you? You are not alone. 

3. Ideal World Cup game. This game was not targeted at Joo Won but at those fans who turned up for the party. The MC will ask Joo Won a question concerning his ideal type and the fans who meet those criteria will be left standing until the very last question, 8 fans remained standing. From there, they narrowed down to 4 by playing a game. And each of those 4 fans had a chance to have their photo taken with Joo Won.

The questions that were asked of Joo Won’s ideal type for this game:

a.      Long or short hair – short

b.      Double eyelid or single eyelid – double eyelid

c.      Leather shoes or sports shoes – sports shoes

d.      Bespectacled or not – not bespectacled

e.      Skirts or pants – pants

f.       Nail varnished or not – without varnished nails

The funny part was that all the people who were left were junior or high school students. Joo Won was shocked saying: “All who are left are students? I didn’t do this intentionally.” So cute. When the students went up stage and the MC asked their age, there were 14 year olds and 16 year olds. Joo Won looked even more shocked. LOL. Cutie, those ideals... could really end up as younger girls.

4.Which actor or actress would he like to act with in his next drama? He agonized over it for a while and said there isn’t anyone.

5. Any actors around his age whom he is close to? The MC asked if there are many celebrities around his age whom he is close to. Joo Won said no. Because he can’t drink so he doesn’t go to drinking places and no one invites him for a drink. So there aren’t many celebrities around his age whom he is closed to. The fans responded like they were bewildered, leading Joo Won to ask “Why? Why are you reacting this way?” He said that he is closest to those friends who stay in the same small town as him. The MC asked “How about Yoon Shi Yoon?” Joo Won said “When we were filming, our relationship was quite good, but after the filming ended, each of us was immersed in our new dramas so we didn’t really keep in touch with each other”.

6. Which of his co-stars meet his ideal type? MC asked him to choose the lady which best fit his ideal type from his 3 co-stars from previous dramas – Eugene from Baker Kim Tak Gu, Uee from Ojakgyo Brothers and Jin Se Yeon from Bridal Mask. Joo Won answered Jin Se Yeon. Then some fans were shouting Uee’s name so he said: “Ah…Uee, hahaha.” The MC asked him the reason for his choice. Joo Won said that Jin Se Yeon has never pulled a long face throughout the entire filming. She was also the vital element who created laughter on the set. The director and staff all loved her very much. To add to that, he emphasizes more on the girl’s character than her appearance. He will spend 6 months observing the girl and once he starts the relationship, he will treat his girlfriend as the top priority. He likes women who are kind, he doesn’t like fox type but the bear type. Then the MC said that the bear type seems boring. But Joo Won said “So what if she is? As long as I am with the one I love, I will be very happy, haha.”

7. Sushi

Joo Won talked as he made the sushi. He made the sushi very well. It’s not something that can easily done even if you don’t talk and concentrate. However, Joo Won did it so well that it looked like those from sushi shops. 12 fans were chosen to take home Joo Won’s handmade sushi. When he was making the sushi, Joo Won tied an apron around his waist, it looked very slim. The MC asked him his waist size and he replied 30 inches. Oooh.... *looks at mine* oooh no....., No comment on mine, Cutie wins this time. kekekeke.

8.      Ideal World Cup

In the game previously mentioned, there was this student who were selected to go up stage with Joo Won. When she saw Joo Won, she was moved to tears, prompting Joo Won to ask “Why cry? Why cry?” As he asked, he wiped her tears and hugged her shoulders, then took a photograph together. Now if I was her and Cutie will wipe my tears, I might just keep on crying. Is it bad if we hug him back?

9. Make A Wish

Before the party started the fans wrote down their phone numbers and their question on a piece of paper. Then during this activity, Joo Won picked up one and called the number. The first call happened to be to an ahjumma. She was so flustered when she picked up the call that she forgot what she wanted to ask. So the MC let her voice out what she would like to say to Joo Won instead. The ahjumma said that she doesn’t like an actor based on appearance but on his acting talent and personality. She hopes that Joo Won will continue to give his best like what he is doing now. Joo Won looked very happy and said “Yes, hahaha.” The fans pleaded with him to make another call. But no one picked up the number….while the phone was ringing, Joo Won sang along with the ringtone, so adorable.

There was another activity whereby it was announced thus “I, Moon Jun Won, will fulfill any wish you wish for” The person who was picked wrote down 2 wishes. One is to take a selca with Joo Won. The second is to be backhugged by Joo Won the way it is done in dramas. MC said she can only pick one wish. She was agonizing over it, and while everyone was shouting for her to do the selca, she picked backhug. Before Joo Won did the backhug, he did some warm up exercises. From afar, he walked slowly and gave her a backhug. It was really like in the dramas where he walked slowly towards her and backhugged her, smiling till his eyes were like crescents as he was hugging her. After he hugged her and the fan turned around, he was still smiling as he looked into her eyes……ha.

10. Feels like an idol

Before the event started, they played a video. Whenever Joo Won appeared onscreen, the fans will scream. At that time, we didn’t know that Joo Won was already there, behind the stage, listening to everything. Later, he said that he feels as if he has become an idol. Adding that he wasn’t so popular the previous year.

11. Gift time

The fanclub pooled together money to buy Joo Won Canon camera lens, a branded camera bag, sunglasses and special grade beef. He looked very moved. He said that recently he has been very much into photography and was thinking of buying. He really really liked it a lot. He also wore his sunglasses straightaway, he looked really handsome. This year the gifts looked more expensive and there were more. Because of Bridal Mask, his popularity increased. Among the gifts that fans brought, the first he opened was a box of bananakick biscuits. You know that famous photo? During the filming of Bridal Mask, along the corridor, Joo Won was photographed with a packet of biscuits tucked at his waist.
This is the photo: 

https://s.amsu.ng/caMz4b9S6c4N
Because of this photo, he received a year’s supply of bananakick biscuits from the fanmeet and this birthday party. The second one he opened is a scarf that was knitted by a fan and also socks. When Joo Won saw the scarf, he said “Wow!!?? This looks like it’s self-knit, haha” and he immediately wound the scarf round his neck.

12. Recent state

MC asked him what has he been doing recently. He said that he had been busy doing interviews and reading scripts for his next drama, he is in midst of choosing one. He said he was going mad, doing 9 interviews a day.

13. Showing off himself

Before he filmed Bridal Mask and 1N2D, his face had no blemish and his skin was very good. But after he filmed these 2 shows, things have been popping up on his face like worms(?) So cute. Worms??? Now what will I call the blemishes/pimples that is popping on my face whenever I stayed late at night because of Cutie, Cutie-worms??? Secondly, he seems to get along very well with actresses.

14. Before he sleeps

Before he sleeps, he will chat with his mom. At home, there are 3 guys so he always talks a lot to his mother like a daughter would and he will act aegyo too.

When it is his mom’s birthday, he will cook seaweed soup for his mother. The best dish he can do is “rice” He said he was great at cooking rice in 1N2D where he once cooked it for 100 people. He looked as if he is very good at cooking rice.

15. Who does he like most on 1N2D? Uhm Tae Woong. The MC say UTM doesn’t count. So he chose the sunbae he respects most – Kim Seong Woo hyung.

16. Joo Won’s surprise for the fans

Joo Won gave each fan a stalk of rose and he smile as he gave these out. It’s indescribable how awesome this is. I really cannot forget that day.

17. At the closing

The MC asked how is he feeling, spending time with everyone? Joo Won said that he feels very unwilling to say goodbye. At this juncture, a fan burst out saying “Oppa, you are very handsome!” And Joo Won laughed saying he is embarrassed. And the fans were chanting “So cute, so cute”

Then Joo Won started to talk.

Joo Won: “Oh….no matter that Bridal Mask has ended. To be able to meet you fans again after a long time, I am truly happy. Also, I have not step on stage like this for a long time so I feel especially nervous. Yet at the same time, I feel comfortable, really very comfortable. Again, this time it seems different from the previous time, like my popularity has increased. (fans laughed)

Also……I ……during filming, I would often visit fanclub while having my break. I really enjoy playing on my cellphone as well as going on the net. And also tweeting. (one fan asked if he tweet news)

JW: Now, I have 10,000 followers. I will tweet to all of you. (fans laughed)

JW: Although I have always been dropping by the fanclub but …………recently I have not been…

(suddenly, the atmosphere turned solemn)

JW: It’s intentional that I did not go. Because I feel that the atmosphere isn’t very good.

Suddenly, tears began to fall. Once he started to cry, he kept crying. Fans were saying “Oppa, don’t cry” Roughly for 30 seconds, he didn’t say a single word, looked very sad and his tears kept falling. He cried until he couldn’t say a word. A fan interrupted: “I want to cry too!!!!” Making Joo Won laugh and started to talk again.

JW: I feel very good….has always been good (he kept choking as he spoke). My…….personality…is such that I don’t like to quarrel. I…like to visit the fanclub and read….even if there are others who scold me, there are many who praise me….it gave me strength to persevere….also took beautiful photos of me and post it. All these made me very happy. But for the past half month…about 3 weeks, I have not been to the fanclub. If I go in, I will….I like the feeling of everyone getting along with each other like a family. But….my heart aches….very much. (He stood up because he was crying very badly)

JW: I…was really….very sad, this was all because of me. (the fans all cried in unison: It’s not you, it’s not like that!!”

JW: I really…Of course we are not blood related but I really like all of you. Everyone has sincerely loved me and for that I am thankful….I always feel that I am a very a person who is very lacking.  So when I received such love, I feel very grateful, to me it’s something very magical . But it would be good to be like a family….I don’t know what am I worried about….I have never fought with anyone……..if I like, I just like…. I do not know what the problem is…but if we could all get along harmoniously, that will be so good.

JW: At events, I always cry when I am hit with too much emotions. Today, originally I wanted to be more like a man……….in the end, I still cry like this. In the future, I will work hard. Although I may not do it well enough, I will strive to do my best….I really truthfully think a lot. Again, I think of how to make everyone happy and yet I do not know what I should to in order for everyone to accept, I was agonizing all this while….Actually I am very scared…I am lucky to complete 3 good pieces of work, in the end something bad happened(he said laughing).

As for Cutie crying, I think there are some misunderstanding between the fans. I don't know what it is but I think they have resolved it. And how sweet he is that he really concern about his fans and dont want his fans to fight. Well, I do think we don't have misunderstandings here right guys? We only love Joo Won and care and support him. Now if only they posted more pics... its not really bad to be Cutie-hungry.

Source: Moonjunwon fullmoon in DC

Chinese translation: Ma小妮

Post on Joo Won Bar baidu by 小西fruit

English translation: mrdimples@soompi

There is someone said this in the comment section: @mrdimples Thank you for the translation. He is such a sweetheart. It really affects him when see his fans having quarrel. He really should visit Soompi sometimes, because we always get along... Although I don't know what he'll think of the moat and the garden.. well mostly the moat... 
When I read that he gave the back hug and still smiling and looking into her eyes when the girl turned around. Gah. If I were in the girl's shoes, I'd get nosebleed before having my heart melt into a puddle of warm, fuzzy love. I also laughed at the part where there're only the 14 and 16 year old fans left from the Ideal World Cup, and how he was also taken aback by that fact . 
And I guess the camera given to Cutie as a present from the fanclub is the one he took with him to Thailand to take pictures of UTW? 

It is good to know how much he cares for the fans sincerely. Generally, I have seen televised fan meetings. In case of Joo Won, I have noticed no matter how small or big the meeting is, televised or not he is literally over the moon seeing his fans. When there was an issue of how Gaksital will be taken in Japan and his safety was compromised, his agency organised a visit for the Japanese fans at their resort.I do not know how many turned up for the meeting but he makes sure to meet his fans and give their due.Cute boy with a heart full of kindness 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@moonstrike - I hadn't read the birthday party account before, so thanks for sharing. It started off so sweet, but then turned so sad :bawling:

Because I remember hearing from more long-time JW fans on this thread that it was around this point (late 2012 to early 2013) that things started going wrong within the fanclub. JW didn't like it when members quarreled among themselves, nor did he like seeing his fans get into fights with fans of other celebrities about who was better. And, if I recall correctly, the end result was that JW ultimately decided to shut down his old fanclub, Act One Scene One, which had been active since he was just doing musicals.

Since 2012, with "Gaksital" and 1N2D led JW to have a sudden spike in popularity, I imagine that this was the first time he had to deal with the problems that having a large fanbase could bring.

Reading his comments when he broke down here, I wonder if he was just overwhelmed. JW is the sort of person who ruminates a lot - that could be a great strength (because such a person is always reflecting back on him/herself and thinking about how he/she could do better), but it could also be a devastating weakness (because such a person can end up blaming him/herself for anything that goes wrong). You can see it in the way he's, well, blaming himself for whatever it is he's seeing among the fans that led him to think that "the atmosphere is not very good". It's not necessarily that he caused any conflict - as the translator noted in her note, all the fans love him - but if, say, people were fighting on his behalf...well, JW's the sort of person who would want to take on responsibility for that, even when he did nothing wrong.

At this point, it seems like that's going on with the fandom - a year later, in 2013, it'll be 1N2D, when, once again, JW seemed to blame himself for the show's poor ratings. Not that I know of him commenting on the ratings directly, but starting from the summer of 2013, I started noticing a lot of comments from him along the lines of, "I'm not doing enough," "I'm letting the hyungs down," "I'm letting the viewers down," etc. No wonder the hyungs were worried about him before they even knew he was leaving the show; they would have known if something like that was bugging him.

Given all this angst, though, I do think that the JW we see now is different, and that he's become a lot stronger and more mature since then. :blush:

Anyway, it's time for me to go to bed - so goodnight, everyone!

a264b60bf209e3a17a9b216302736850.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

@moonstrike - I hadn't read the birthday party account before, so thanks for sharing. It started off so sweet, but then turned so sad :bawling:

Yeah... its painful watching him crying and blaming himself. Even in the drama i still can feel the character pain that he act. But it is a real life, the real joo won who blame himself on stage. Actually when I read this, first I thought I will read about the fun thing on his birthday but at the end of the article, suddenly the atmosphere becomes sad that makes me cry in the morning. fyi, I read this in the morning. when I woke up I was treated to this sad article. I want him always happy ... hurry back and make us proud Joo won-ah... 

By the way, cute photo tho. I want to cuddle him... uuughhh, so cute and fluffy.

This is another article that shows Our Cutie Joo won is a really good person:

Our hard-working little bee is getting a lot of praise for his performance. Many articles also point out the win-win relationship between JW and KBS.
There was an interesting article I would like to share with you. According to the official production team, due to the solid content of script, there used to have many famous actors want to take part in this drama as the main character. However, even during the process to build the script, JW is already the priority in the production team's mind. So as soon as the GD project was finalized in March by KBS, they immediately approached him.  Obviously, this kind of challenging role would definitely attract JW.  Another important force is the director Ki Min Soo. He took an important role in the process to persuade JW to accept this project.  Right after receiving the script, JW started to visit the autism center to learn about this matter for more than two months, before the official shooting. I re-tell this story not to be proud as our little is the first choice. Instead, I want to express my respect for him. He received the script in March, reviewed it along with shooting L7, visiting autism center, shooting Only You, .... When I think he may be in rest for a short period right after L7, he has actually been working nonstop until now. 
Now I'm very happy for JW that his efforts for GD has been recognized. I believe besides his talent, it's his working attitude touch people heart. He does choose to be a true actor, not to be a flower boy, even he's as cute as a puppy.

and this is people response:

Hmm even with good script the actors must be have good skills in acting in order to maintain high rating. Many viewers nowadays are choosy with the storyline or good acting actors.

So I agree that he has good working attitude.

As for me for instand now don't feel like working so come here to relax awhile

But for cutie he loves what he doing so he's doing it with Joys. But sometime I'm thinking where he get so much energy from as I think he can't eat much food since he need to maintain his weight and diet. And sometimes I'm thinking is he really human ???!!!

He seem more like angel to me.

I mean other than his good look his humbleness and politeness towards people around him.

I mean I have never seen such a pure guy like him with well manner and with right attitude with what he doing.

Hmmm I'm actually quite touched that he went to visit sm autism people. As some maybe scared of them.

Others people may say that's for his job. But from the early interview cutie said he hope to bring some light to the autism people.

Other may say of course la he say this in front of tv viewers.

But if they see the way cutie talk about giving light and hopes to autism people is very sincere

And this kind of sincerity can't act out

If all people without any prejudices on him in the heart they can feel his sincerity.

This gif is really funny... hahaha.

tumblr_mrx1xgZAA61rbjwjho1_250.giftumblr_mrx1xgZAA61rbjwjho2_250.giftumblr_mrx1xgZAA61rbjwjho3_250.giftumblr_mrx1xgZAA61rbjwjho4_250.giftumblr_mrx1xgZAA61rbjwjho5_250.giftumblr_mrx1xgZAA61rbjwjho6_250.gif
park shi on/ joo won pricelless expression.... :lol: he looks so serious hearing his hyung story.. so cute.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moonstrike said:

By the way, cute photo tho. I want to cuddle him... uuughhh, so cute and fluffy.

I have a number of such sleeping photos in my collection, mostly of his character in different dramas:

Spoiler

0c77894bae7ef633dada15838d836205.jpg

9bc5c9b1e1986ec9823eb66199fa8df7.jpg

33fafa69315ed7ac6b52aa81e6cd5fad.jpg

c552bfe112eb90c4c2002c458597c8bf.jpg

c777f31ca92ac0c7446d9bd900d7db42.jpg

It's funny, because I've heard from in interviews or seen in behind-the-scenes features that a number of actors actually fall asleep for real when their characters do. Like, when they film scenes where their character is sleeping or unconscious (e.g. injured in the hospital somewhere) they will actually end up falling asleep for real. It's because the filming schedule is usually so hectic - having to lie still like that makes them naturally fall asleep.

I wonder if JW has ever done that...he just might have, looking at how peaceful he looks in those photos - even when it wouldn't make sense for that, like when he was playing Gu Ma Jun or Lee Kang To, who had a lot on their consciences.

3 hours ago, moonstrike said:

There was an interesting article I would like to share with you. According to the official production team, due to the solid content of script, there used to have many famous actors want to take part in this drama as the main character. However, even during the process to build the script, JW is already the priority in the production team's mind. So as soon as the GD project was finalized in March by KBS, they immediately approached him.  Obviously, this kind of challenging role would definitely attract JW.  Another important force is the director Ki Min Soo. He took an important role in the process to persuade JW to accept this project.  Right after receiving the script, JW started to visit the autism center to learn about this matter for more than two months, before the official shooting. I re-tell this story not to be proud as our little is the first choice. Instead, I want to express my respect for him. He received the script in March, reviewed it along with shooting L7, visiting autism center, shooting Only You, .... When I think he may be in rest for a short period right after L7, he has actually been working nonstop until now. 

Ah...so Park Si On was written with him in mind? I didn't know that, but that makes...way more sense than it should :D A director who's worked with JW before would know what he's like in real life, and would thus know just how much his personality is like Park Si On's. :) 

I also knew from "Life Log" that JW, in reality, never has a free moment - Angel Manager had put it as, "His one week of schedule is packed with eight days of work." So, he might be juggling multiple projects at once, or when he's not filming, he might be studying or learning the skills he needs for the next project.

Others people may say that's for his job. But from the early interview cutie said he hope to bring some light to the autism people.

Other may say of course la he say this in front of tv viewers.

But if they see the way cutie talk about giving light and hopes to autism people is very sincere

And this kind of sincerity can't act out

If all people without any prejudices on him in the heart they can feel his sincerity.

I remember thinking that comment was a bit odd, but never because I doubted his sincerity. Instead, I thought that that sentiment should have already been obvious - so, if JW was saying that that's what he thought about "Good Doctor", does that mean there were people who weren't thinking that???

Like...I don't know. I guess I just don't want to think that actors might just take their gigs as a job - I want them to be aware of the potential impact they have on society through the roles they pick and how they play them. So I was glad to see that JW was one who did care about that. Plus, knowing that he was worried that his portrayal of Park Si On might be inaccurate or disrespectful to people with autism and their families...having that concern right from the beginning gave him the motivation to really try to do it properly and respectfully. And we wouldn't have the Park Si On we know and love if he didn't. :) 

park shi on/ joo won pricelless expression.... :lol: he looks so serious hearing his hyung story.. so cute.

Yeah...that's a Park Si On moment right there - so cute that JW ended up adopting that expression in real life, though!

That's actually one of my favourite expressions coming from JW: when you can see in his eyes, facial expression or body language that he just completely 100% trusts who he's looking at. I've seen him give that look to other actors, of course, but also to fans. Not so much in photo shoots, however - this is a very vulnerable look, and I find that his photo shoots tend to emphasize other parts of his personality more.

This shot from one of his fan signings is a particular favourite of mine for that emotion:

ca54655e9ae5e727102ea477f5873557.jpg

Spoiler

By the way, I was backtracking through my collection to find pics for this post, and realized that I had a photo of JW as the younger, happier, and more innocent version of Lee Kang To - and he's shown looking at Shunji with that same look in his eyes:

9e9739a909610461124e947c1501f7f9.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

I have a number of such sleeping photos in my collection, mostly of his character in different dramas:

I always see joo won is really a cute and fluffy(?) guy. But i didn't expect he will be that cute when he sleep. Even the fierce lee kang to and gu ma jun is like an angel when he sleep. So innocent and like a big baby doll.

I wonder if JW has ever done that...he just might have, looking at how peaceful he looks in those photos - even when it wouldn't make sense for that, like when he was playing Gu Ma Jun or Lee Kang To, who had a lot on their consciences.

Actually he said that he has some funny momments when he filming drama with kim tae hee. He said he is snoring beside kim tae hee when he acted as a patient. He said its a embarrassing moment that cannot be forget. So its prooving that he is really sleeping that time because we know that his schedule is really crazy. He even cannot sleep for six days and look at his face in episode 6. You can see his eyebag getting bigger and darker since he can't sleep properly. Poor Woonie.. but after that he received a happiness that he deserve.:D

Ah...so Park Si On was written with him in mind? I didn't know that, but that makes...way more sense than it should :D A director who's worked with JW before would know what he's like in real life, and would thus know just how much his personality is like Park Si On's.

Its also very nice knowing that the director is choosing joo won to be the cast and really work hard to make him lead the drama. And i heard that actually the director of good doctor is the same as ojakgyo brothers, so the director is absolutely know that joo won is a great and excellent actor to play as park shi on. Since he know that joo won has good attitude and he is so innocent and pure same as park shi on.

I also knew from "Life Log" that JW, in reality, never has a free moment - Angel Manager had put it as, "His one week of schedule is packed with eight days of work." So, he might be juggling multiple projects at once, or when he's not filming, he might be studying or learning the skills he needs for the next project.

Yeah.. his schedule is reaaallly crazy and frustrating. Sometimes i think that his shedule might killing him. But we know that he is enjoying himself like that. And we also know he is a workaholic. Now, we can say he is taking a rest at the camp because his schedule is not so intense like in the past.

I remember thinking that comment was a bit odd, but never because I doubted his sincerity. Instead, I thought that that sentiment should have already been obvious - so, if JW was saying that that's what he thought about "Good Doctor", does that mean there were people who weren't thinking that???

Just some of people that thinking so superficially and don't know joo won thinking like that way. We don't have to pay attention to it because we know good doctor is one of the best drama that is remembered in people's heart and also gained recognition in korea as well as in america.

What is behind this success is the awesome storyline that makes the audience more curious time to time and of course because of the great acting skills that the cast have. especially, joo won's character is the most difficult in the drama but he nailed it. 

We proud of you joo won, because you can play a very difficult role in such a young age. And also he is still a newcomer back then but he is gained recognition really fast because of his acting skill and not just because of looks.

So I was glad to see that JW was one who did care about that. Plus, knowing that he was worried that his portrayal of Park Si On might be inaccurate or disrespectful to people with autism and their families...having that concern right from the beginning gave him the motivation to really try to do it properly and respectfully. And we wouldn't have the Park Si On we know and love if he didn't. :)

He also once said at an award ceremony that he really cares for people with autism and wants to make more developing pediatricians in korea with his acting as park shi on. there are even parents who have autistic children who thank Joo won because after good doctor booming in korea, his son has friends and get sympathy from other people. before, the child is often ridiculed by people around him. when I read that, I was touched and proud of him for making people's lives better and happy with his acting. I never stop saying that I'm proud of him.

I'm impressed because he thank God first... how nice he is....

By the way, I was backtracking through my collection to find pics for this post, and realized that I had a photo of JW as the younger, happier, and more innocent version of Lee Kang To - and he's shown looking at Shunji with that same look in his eyes

Good one... i like his looks in this photo. He is like a highschool student because he looks younger in that clothes... i don't know but he gave me a fluttering feeling in this photo... hihihi. I will absolutely agree if he play a highschool drama with this looks.

By the way, i have a photo of joo won in his campus day.. 
https://s.amsu.ng/K2Roq9zZk5yN

He still looks dashing in those clothes.

I will be back for another shots of interview and videos...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moonstrike said:

I always see joo won is really a cute and fluffy(?) guy. But i didn't expect he will be that cute when he sleep. Even the fierce lee kang to and gu ma jun is like an angel when he sleep. So innocent and like a big baby doll.

LOL - "Fluffy"? Okay, now I'm curious - what do you mean by that???

Actually he said that he has some funny momments when he filming drama with kim tae hee. He said he is snoring beside kim tae hee when he acted as a patient. He said its a embarrassing moment that cannot be forget. So its prooving that he is really sleeping that time because we know that his schedule is really crazy. He even cannot sleep for six days and look at his face in episode 6. You can see his eyebag getting bigger and darker since he can't sleep properly. Poor Woonie.. but after that he received a happiness that he deserve.:D

Oh, okay. I knew that he wound up having to go without sleep for a whole week on "Yong Pal" when he was filming the earlier episodes, because he said that he was in pretty much every scene, so there was literally no time off.

I remember that "Gaksital" filming was another one of those times, because there was the time he pretty much just collapsed on 1N2D. It was the episode when they had to go to Jeju Island to look for dolphins, and JW was actually late joining them at the airport, because he had all-night filming for "Gaksital". When he was on the boat looking for dolphins, he got really seasick and looked like he was about to faint (yes, I know motion sickness is more likely to make someone feel nauseous rather than faint, but I'm one of those who gets the latter sort, so yes, it does happen). I think that JW was prone to seasickness to begin with, but the fatigue was definitely making it worse - and sometimes I wonder if he actually did end up passing out after Lee Su Geun told him to lie down.

Spoiler

1n2d386-00277.jpg

Its also very nice knowing that the director is choosing joo won to be the cast and really work hard to make him lead the drama. And i heard that actually the director of good doctor is the same as ojakgyo brothers, so the director is absolutely know that joo won is a great and excellent actor to play as park shi on. Since he know that joo won has good attitude and he is so innocent and pure same as park shi on.

Yeah, that's what I meant by the director for "Good Doctor" being one that's already worked with JW before :wink: Makes sense, especially given both JW's real-life aegyo and his in-character aegyo as Hwang Tae Hee :) 

Yeah.. his schedule is reaaallly crazy and frustrating. Sometimes i think that his shedule might killing him. But we know that he is enjoying himself like that. And we also know he is a workaholic. Now, we can say he is taking a rest at the camp because his schedule is not so intense like in the past.

Yeah...you're not the only one who's worried about what JW's workaholic tendencies are doing to his health - not eating well and not sleeping well are hard enough on the body, and adding any possible side effects of his caffeine addiction...yeah. Things might not be pretty in the long run :cold_sweat:

On the bright side, though, being so busy does keep JW out of trouble. Not that he's the sort of person who would like, say, drinking, clubbing or sleeping around (to the best of my knowledge, anyway!), but even if he were...he simply wouldn't have the time for it. And a JW that stays out of trouble is a JW I can get behind :) 

Also, knowing that he is oftentimes physically unable to keep going at 100% makes me wonder just how much still-untapped potential he has. Like, we know that in spite of everything, he ranked first in his cohort during the military training due to his physical and mental stamina. If I think of transferring that into his acting...if he could look back at his acting in shows like "Gaksital" or "Good Doctor" or "Yong Pal" and say that he still saw a lot of flaws because he was tired or not yet skilled enough...can you imagine what he would be like if he was physically able to tap into his full potential? Seriously - think about it for a second. That's something that I would like to see, so long as he doesn't sacrifice his health to achieve it. :wink: So...in a perfect world where he can do that without stress. :) 

He also once said at an award ceremony that he really cares for people with autism and wants to make more developing pediatricians in korea with his acting as park shi on. there are even parents who have autistic children who thank Joo won because after good doctor booming in korea, his son has friends and get sympathy from other people. before, the child is often ridiculed by people around him. when I read that, I was touched and proud of him for making people's lives better and happy with his acting. I never stop saying that I'm proud of him.

Aw...I loved that he said that. It sounds like that was an issue even he wasn't aware of when he first signed on to "Good Doctor", but he wound up really strongly supporting it by the end.

Does anyone know if his fanclubs - either in Korea or elsewhere - have actually acted on that before? I know that JW's own financial situation might not allow it - since he barely keeps any of what he earns for himself, and instead gives it to his family, so he can't actually save up much for things like charity - but has anyone, say, donated to an autism care centre or a hospital's pediatric department on his behalf before?

Good one... i like his looks in this photo. He is like a highschool student because he looks younger in that clothes... i don't know but he gave me a fluttering feeling in this photo... hihihi. I will absolutely agree if he play a highschool drama with this looks.

Yeah...it was crazy seeing how young he could look in "Gaksital" when he set out to do it.

But I think he also outgrew that stage (i.e. when he could still look like a teenager) really quickly after that. Because by the time he did "Fashion King"...yeah, I wasn't fully convinced on his high school persona. :tongue: 

My mom and I chat about this a lot - that aegyo aside, JW's not actually all that baby-faced. In my family, the consensus is that the really baby-faced "idol generation" Hallyu stars (yeah, we call that 1980s-born or younger actors the "idol group" or "idol generation") are those like Song Joong Ki, for instance. We always thought that JW looked his age just on his own - that is, until his aegyo side comes out and then we're like, "Actually, about that..." :D

Still, I do think the contrast is biggest in "Gaksital", since 1) that's the only main time JW actually played a younger version of his own character, and 2) because it's not just about Lee Kang To's physical age, but his mental and emotional age which made him "feel" older than his character's age, so the contrast to his teenage self is even bigger than it might have been if he'd just had a normal life.

Speaking of that flashback scene, though, I love this behind the scenes photo from when they were filming the kendo tournament. I don't really know what JW and Park Ki Woong were doing (like, are they referencing some other movie/drama/etc. or are they just messing around?), but it's cute.

4785cc8968a2c201198899d3890b9882.jpg

• Like 1

Found a few more examples in my collection where JW's giving someone that really innocent, trusting look I love - this time, made doubly sweeter, since we can actually see who he's looking at. :heart:

When Park Ki Woong made his guest appearance on "Win Win":

e3ae24bdc6f0d2330aa82e524a46aa04.jpg

With Moon Chae Won - it looks like this was during the 2013 KBS Drama Awards, because there's definitely something very Park Si On and Cha Yoon Seo in their moment together here:

2830da1fca5286774bf677a8b811b336.jpg

With Kim Young Kwang in a photo shoot for GGIO2 in 2015:

ef5d3fa765555284472f800e689f6740.jpg

• Like 1

Throwback Thursday time! :) 

This week, the photos are all from the same event, more or less: the time when JW and Yoon Si Yoon went to Japan together to promote "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu". I believe this was in 2011, since in one of the interviews they did, the host mentioned she'd met them on the drama set a year ago, which would have been in 2010.

9131122e937c4b4b282d62bb9eb78bee.jpg

fcfc9655dd1f24a93b91e76d10140814.jpg

cba18505437d663f2cd956dda422d12b.jpg

And, one last solo picture of JW from the same tour - because I think he looks pretty cool performing on stage like this. What can I say? I think his stylists were firmly in the middle of the "Let's dress him up like a K-pop idol" thing they had going on (you see it in magazine photo shoots and "Ojakgyo Brothers" promos, too).

Spoiler

387de89f6665f9055e45a8ae81dfe434.jpg

• Like 1

LOL - "Fluffy"? Okay, now I'm curious - what do you mean by that???

Hahaha... actually, he gives me a vulnerable and innocent impressions when he sleeps and that impression is similiar with my fluffy teddy bear in my room. Its like i want to hug and protect him when he sleep.

I think that JW was prone to seasickness to begin with, but the fatigue was definitely making it worse - and sometimes I wonder if he actually did end up passing out after Lee Su Geun told him to lie down.

yes ... he looks very tortured. I even felt the seasickness that he feel when I watched the video because I imagined he was on the boat for hours without eating and by then he was tired from the never-ending drama filming. Of course he might be collapse in that photo. Huah... poor cutie... hope he healthy and happy in his camp.

14 hours ago, kittyna said:

On the bright side, though, being so busy does keep JW out of trouble. Not that he's the sort of person who would like, say, drinking, clubbing or sleeping around (to the best of my knowledge, anyway!), but even if he were...he simply wouldn't have the time for it. And a JW that stays out of trouble is a JW I can get behind :)

well .. i like his attitude that avoids the commotion and also trouble. one of his personality is he is low profile. He never looked for trouble or made a fuss over the internet or in the intertainment industry. his friends like jung woong in and people who have worked with him in the past said that he never changes and makes trouble. jung woong in once said at the healing camp that joo won is a boring person (he said that because he was joking) because he never saw joo won in a scandal or something that provoked a fuss over the internet. he only focuses on acting and singing. And i like it alot.

Also, knowing that he is oftentimes physically unable to keep going at 100% makes me wonder just how much still-untapped potential he has. Like, we know that in spite of everything, he ranked first in his cohort during the military training due to his physical and mental stamina. If I think of transferring that into his acting...if he could look back at his acting in shows like "Gaksital" or "Good Doctor" or "Yong Pal" and say that he still saw a lot of flaws because he was tired or not yet skilled enough...can you imagine what he would be like if he was physically able to tap into his full potential? Seriously - think about it for a second. That's something that I would like to see, so long as he doesn't sacrifice his health to achieve it. :wink: So...in a perfect world where he can do that without stress. :)

I can imagine how much appreciation and achievement he gets when he returns from his duties. He will do all his best to make a great project with a new energy of real man from military and passion in his heart. 

He also once said in an interview even though he had to try from scratch and work from the bottom, he will do his best and exert all his efforts. he also said that he was used to doing all his work with all his ability, so he did not feel burdened when he came back. I really liked his passion when he said that. And I believe he will do all his best to make his fans proud.

Speaking of that flashback scene, though, I love this behind the scenes photo from when they were filming the kendo tournament. I don't really know what JW and Park Ki Woong were doing (like, are they referencing some other movie/drama/etc. or are they just messing around?), but it's cute.

Maybe they demonstrate the alien film. hahaha ... I also do not know. but it's funny and cute tho. Joo won expression is soooo cute make me want to pinch his cheek...

• Like 1

Hi... I come back with another interview and comments about our cutie Joo Won...

the first one is the reason why joo won is called cutie XD
I can see why his nickname is cutie because his cheekbones/face when he smiles is just too much  and cute hehe.  
Funny enough i became a fan when he played the angry, messed up Lee Kang To. I also like that he isnt choosing dramas in genres that would use his model looks star flower boy roles.  He is doing man roles even at his young age.

the second one is about joo won graduated from Sungkyunkwan University:

first comment:

According to Kites, it's true that Cutie graduated from SKK University today but he's busy filming so he could not attend the graduation ceremony. 
Congratulations Cutie. We're proud of you. 

second comment:

HE IS REALLY AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!!

I am so proud to be his fan...
Moon Jun Won.... You are NO. 1 !!!!

(come to think of it, if he really do it online studying, he only needs to come to class, once or twice every month or never at all. Send his reports, assignments online, his own dramas/movies are his own projects, now I feel ashamed, I am also an unproductive student, lol. Jeez, must follow Cutie's example.)

third comment:

to graduate at this age despite his busy schedule is really good indeed. remember all the books we see in his room in 1N2D? he must study a lot whenever he's free. if i'm not mistaken, Joowon got into musical acting while he was already in his first year. so let's say he got into more musicals and then Baker King while he was in 2nd year onwards, and assuming he has 4 years for his degree, this must mean that from the age of 22 or 23 he is already very busy with acting projects. so this means that it takes him about 4 years to graduate, double the time needed for normal people. this is still considered really good when we look at his busy schedule. i wonder where he finds time to study. he must be really smart to have passed all his exams at once.
man, this makes me want to continue my PhD. if Joowon can do it despite his busy schedule, then i can do it too, while doing some part time teaching or something. Joowon inspires me in a lot of ways. he makes me want to donate to autistic foundation, and now he makes me want to continue studying.  i am so in love with him~ in-love-raccoon-emoticon.gif?1302774073

fourth comment:

@coolreborn @mrdimples Thank you guys 

I am so happy JW graduated, he is indeed very clever. I think he always has a positive attitude and hence he is so succesful. I will try to imitate him.

fifth comment:

Joo Won graduated from university?omo! He is so amazing!How he manages to do so many things at once?

Congratulations Joo Won!
tumblr_me5onwinNo1r4cfazo1_500.gif

Our dear cutie, your fans are so proud of you!

sixth comment:

hi everyone!... wooowwww, joo won graduated from university?! really?!  =D> i'm so proud of him!!! :x =D> :-b with his busy schedule, he still managed to graduate from the university he is studying at..is it at sungkyunkwan university? i'm soo happy for joo won! good job!!! :-bd congratulations!!!!! :x 8-> :-* \:D/

seventh comment:

I am back from some Gaksital.  I feel better now.  lol  thanks @coolreborn

And thank you to everyone involved in that video above.  One can't stay in a bad mood when watching him.

And couldn't say it before but congratulations to him for graduating.  I'm amazed at how hard he works.  It's almost like he's not even human.  I see...No wonder he's so attractive.  I found out his secret!

Cutie s not a human but an angel from heaven so he can do any impossible things.

eighth comment:

WooooooW how does Cutie manage to film a movie, shoot a drama, prepare for a musical, take part in 1n2d, do cfs/interviews/photoshoots AND graduate from school? Woooow! Just awesome!! I , too, feel so unproductive. All I do is stare at his pics, watch all his shows, stalk his twitter and camp at Joo Won soompi whilst swimming in the moat lake. Could cutie be anymore awesome??? Gaaaaah!! I firmly believe our Cutie could definitely handle all of us! *winks*

And I agree @bomerang or was it @farbarri. It's not just luck, but sheer talent and pure effort from cutie that makes his projects successful! Add to that is his awesome, adorkable personality! Who wouldn't Love him?

this one is a fanart corner:

viewimageM-52_zps49967886.jpg

timg-126_zps8c39b4c0.jpg

timg-200_zps35387317.jpg

timg-268_zpsd305e438.jpg

viewimageM-25_zps3b665c49.jpg

timg-172_zps8d7c6ccb.jpg

tumblr_m92awwfxxB1rpi34mo1_500.jpg

and this one is about article and reviews. This interview is talking about sandwich (triangle seaweed sandwich) that our cutie joo won eat in good doctor is got a boost in sales about 30 million won. Wow cutie, you and your good doctor is helping another business.

Hooo... does this means... the sandwiches (well, I saw its Subway),  that is eaten in Good Doctor got a boost in sales? I wonder if Crocs also benefited. 

google translated (the google translate is a bit crap)

P.S: samora means joo won

'Good Doctor' 30 million won Samora eat sandwiches?

Illes very economic journalist = KBS2 Drama 'Good Doctor' (a play directed Jay Park, can alert) night in Zion (Samora) samgam seaweed Why do not you like sandwiches? SBS drama 'lord of the Sun "(a play, directing Eddie hongjeongeun hongmiran) in one week (SJS) is a really sleepy wonder? 

It is no coincidence. Protagonists in the drama in order to maximize the advertising effect of brand strategy, planned under the 'twist of fate' is. 

S is for Samora sandwich brand new release last April sandwiches to feed about 2,500 won per scene is deulyigo. 

Promotion of the Korea Broadcast Advertising Corporation (kobako) the 'Good Doctor' amount of indirect advertising and UNDP decided to 25,000,000 won. Depending on the applied differential ratings take into account that the above ratings and cruising, you wolhwageuk 'Good Doctor' in about 3000 Samora been in eating a sandwich is $ 14. 

'Good Doctor' in placement does not stop here. In the last 27 days shows jojeongmi (gochangseok) the spasmolytic (male lead) present to one cream spots treatments D too high 'ransom' boasts. Brand names that are not exposed in the form of indirect advertising proceeds support the production, which D Cream 'Good Doctor' more than 80 million won to support decision making was 

Broadcasting officials "can not reveal the exact amount, but decided to support D cream production amount of 80 to 100 million won to know," he said. Gochangseok eventually lead to the South more than 80 million won spots present treatment is one count.

20130829000202_0.jpg

Lord of the Sun "in the ordinary SJS lot of thought on the bed room early Outerspace (gonghyojin) and lay the scene of the furniture brand that could emerge because of the aggressive marketing. 

Furniture Brands C the 'lord of the sun' its products in a well-exposed conditions SJS filled the room and the office. C companies supported the production of 1 billion more than the amount found magazine, sponsored the price of the product combined amount of more than 200 million won through the drama of brand exposure is estimated to be spent on. 

MBC drama 'Two Weeks' (a play, directed sonhyeongseok small prefectural police) also indirectly through advertising to inform the brand joined. B Pizza seoinhye (bakhaseon) to go with the set and the operation, already ceased before the two one brand which expose people to indirect advertising was allowed. Jeonghago one scene in the 25 million won per unit price list reference kobako bakhaseon 5000 Shem selling pizza is $ 14. B pizza and 'Two Weeks' was signed between the amount of support to production when combined scale greater. 

The official, who requested anonymity advertising "indirect advertising through drama as a brand or product to the consumer acts as a natural opportunity to inform, but not related to the development of pole placement is impossible to viewers of the content may be superficial, it can adversely affect the brand image, "he said. 

from ajunews (Korean)

1. He is indeed one of the best actor out there.

Found a good review on our sweet cutie...

I cant post the article here with my mphone

http://filmsandbooks.com/koreas-busiest-star-joo-won-also-one-of-the-best/

2. Remember when i said there is someone that wrote article about her autistic son. 

there were readers on the thread who contribute their own experience and one of them shared a very good article written by a mother who has an autistic son. Reading this made my teared up.

Hope you will find this interesting

http://seventhvoice.wordpress.com/2012/11/04/tackling-autisms-myths-my-son-has-empathy-for-others-my-son-has-a-heart-my-son-has-an-imagination/

I am so awed by Joo Won's acting in this week's episodes, especially ep 7. I am in midst of writing it. I am sorry but I can't help pouring my thoughts when emotions swell up so strongly. 

3. This article was created in 2013

the article I came across is about comparison of Joo Won with other young actors.

This particular article is about three actors Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Jong Suk and Joo Won filling in the place when Song Joong Ki is carrying out military service.

The reporter made an analysis on these three young actors who have areas in common such as their look, acting skills, star nature and selection of projects.  I found this news article quite interesting and would like to share.  However, please note below is not full translation of the article.  I only translated the contents about Joo Won.

The reporter wrote:

Debuted as a musical actor, Joo Won is the only one who has acting experience on stage amongst these three actors.   As a newbie, he impressed viewers by his debut drama “Baker King” which was a big hit, followed by playing  two other hit dramas “Ojakgyo Brothers” with co-star Uee and leading the mini drama series “Bridal Mask”.  He has good ability in selecting projects.

Even he is concurrently filming both drama and variety show, his acting in drama is not being affected.  His perfect acting in playing Park Si On, who is autistic and has savant syndrome in KBS2  drama “Good Doctor”, is receiving praises.  A PD commented “filming variety show doesn’t affect his acting at all, he is an actor with solid acting skills.  Purely based on acting skills, I reckon he is more superior than Kim Soo Hyun and Lee Jong Suk.”

Reported by Lee Wen of TV Report on 27 Aug 2013 @ 17.30hr

Japanese translation released by Kstyle on 28 Aug 2013 @ 20.00hr

THE COMMENT : NUMBER 1

absolutely agree on the acting skills. Joowon is an amazing actor. his acting range is very wide that he can attempt any genre and would do perfectly well at that. i'm not sure what other acting genre he has yet to attempt. he has done childhood-adult angst, played a villain, rich-misunderstood man, physical fighter, and currently as a disabled person. he was brilliant in all of his roles, even stealing spotlights from others in certain scenes/dramas. maybe it's my limited knowledge on korean young actors, but i dont see anyone else in his 20s that is up to par as Joowon, apart from Kim Soohyun. Soohyun is an actor that can attempt a wide range of acting as well, like Joowon. and he may have attempted different genres too. both are really good actors. as for Lee JongSuk, i knew him from Secret Garden, School 2013 (gave up after 1st episode) and IHYV. he is quite good, but i have not seen his acting range yet, roles like Gaksital or mental disability roles.
different actors have different acting range and genres they're best at. it just so happens that our Joowon is best at everything. 

THE COMMENT : NUMBER 2

Thanks @manyearsago

For the article translation

But I do understand what is star nature define as

The fan base or the look?

Hmm to me cutie s good looking and his fan s quite alot

I have never see any other two actors dramas or movie so not sure about them

I have try to watched ihyv but after awhile I give up as I see the guy is too flower boy sorry his fans ya no offend

Even ljk in nice guy he s vvv manly but I still can't finish it

As I see his flower boy face remind me of jks which mk me feel uncomfortable to look at them

Even cutie s also a flower boy but his face still look boyish

Plus his talents has subdue me Hehehe

I don't go for look in an actor

But if any actor impressed me with his acting like yoon kye sang and park yoo chun then I ll like them

Park yoo chun I never know he s singer jyj but I m not so crazy like i like cutie la

Overall I think cutie really can take up any role

Hmm I want to see him as a warrior in ancient drama as never see before

Or a simple love drama

to be a simple guy lead a simple life

Not think about rating

But I think this the more simple the drama is the more hard to portray

I hope he can at least try once to act in a simple role without any big impact like bm or Gd

Just a simple guy with simple life maybe not a drama

But a movie

Hmmm I don't get what I m saying so it s ok that you don't get it

Off topic I just went into heir thread As I like psh but the character description make me think of bof I wonder why some actors choose the same kind of roles

Think because they think it s safe for them to portray

But lucky cutie is vvv wise in choosing roles so we won't have any same kind of roles he s classified as like other actors

Some can Only act certain Roles Ba

Lucky we have cutie who can really take up Any kind of roles Hehehe

Sign If I have look at bakery king bts pic or vids last two years when it airing in sg

But I never I just download the drama and watch it and never go and see the bts

Argggg I miss out so much things on cutie sob sob

I am sure if I ever saw the bts of bakery king I m vvv sure I will get curious about cutie as his eyes become vvv gentle and it s vvv different Frm majun

But after all at least now I have seen his real self and talents so I think not too late to support and love him

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, moonstrike said:

Hahaha... actually, he gives me a vulnerable and innocent impressions when he sleeps and that impression is similiar with my fluffy teddy bear in my room. Its like i want to hug and protect him when he sleep.

Oh, I see...yeah, that's true :D

It's no wonder, wherever he goes on 1N2D, he ends up waking up the maternal instincts of the ahjummas he meets. I think they see him and think that he reminds them of their own kids, who could very well be his age.

well .. i like his attitude that avoids the commotion and also trouble. one of his personality is he is low profile. He never looked for trouble or made a fuss over the internet or in the intertainment industry. his friends like jung woong in and people who have worked with him in the past said that he never changes and makes trouble. jung woong in once said at the healing camp that joo won is a boring person (he said that because he was joking) because he never saw joo won in a scandal or something that provoked a fuss over the internet. he only focuses on acting and singing. And i like it alot.

Hm...I know that dating news used to count as a scandal, but is it still? Just wondering, since we've just brought up how JW hasn't been in any scandals, and I wonder if that's still considered the case now....

Re: "made a fuss over the internet" - And I think he's wiser for it. I love that he never allows himself to get heated in front of others, either face-to-face or online. He'd said in "Healing Camp" that he learned not to do that, because if he did get mad and, say, argue with someone online, he would end up saying something wrong and having to apologize anyway. So why bother? Of course, bottling things up inside isn't healthy either, so I hope he keeps the outlets that he does have (his family, his God, his colleagues and friends), but I suppose it's better than impulsively saying something online and then having to pay for it later. Which is something a lot of people in his peer group have a hard time with.... :unsure:

I remember Jung Woong In's comment, too - that JW isn't fun at parties, but that he would want a little brother like him. :D

He also once said in an interview even though he had to try from scratch and work from the bottom, he will do his best and exert all his efforts. he also said that he was used to doing all his work with all his ability, so he did not feel burdened when he came back. I really liked his passion when he said that. And I believe he will do all his best to make his fans proud.

I think one of the factors that's really going to work in JW's favour is this one. For him, there is no such thing as higher or lower in terms of prestige or degree of importance; he had even said that if he didn't make it as an actor, he would have wanted to be part of the staff. He's someone who's always aware of how blessed he was to land lead roles right out of the door, so he's not someone who would look at, say, a supporting or even bit role and think that that's a degradation of some sort. 

I think that's a very mature attitude to have, because that is what happens to actors anyway, whether we like to admit it or not. There's a certain prime age range for casting lead roles, but once you pass that, you go back to playing supporting roles as someone's father, or boss, or whatever. I just think that JW's more consciously aware of that than others - especially since he knows how big an adjustment the military enlistment could be.

I think he does have a slight edge, since he's one of the earlier ones to enlist this year - so when he's discharged, a lot of his really big-name peers would still be doing their enlistment: those like Ji Chang Wook or Kim Soo Hyun, for instance. As for someone like Lee Min Ho, he's doing public service, which has a longer enlistment term than active duty - so even though he and JW enlisted at around the same time, JW will probably be discharged sooner. So I think he has a slight competitive edge when it comes to his post-enlistment comeback, but who knows, right? That can change depending on who ends up becoming popular between now and 2019.

The article you posted about JW in comparison with other actors reminds me of one I saw not too long after I first got into Hallyu - K-news Crowns New K-drama Kings Joo Won, Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho, and Lee Jong Seok It's one of those articles that I don't read often, but will return to every now and then, and I use it as a measure against which I compare my own Hallyu tastes and preferences.

Two things really stand out to me in this article:

1. How the article compares JW with the others

The big difference here is the scope of JW's popularity. This article argues that he is popular, but predominantly within Korea rather than outside of it:

[The Korean entertainment news articles] calls out Joo Won for bringing in domestic viewers, Lee Min Ho and Kim Soo Hyun for being unparalleled overseas juggernauts, and Lee Jong Seok for garnering solid ratings and buzz with all his projects.

The article then moves on to comparing JW and Lee Min Ho by saying that JW brings in a lot of ratings - which are only recorded for domestic audiences - while Lee Min Ho's dramas tend to flop domestically but sell really well overseas. It also argues that Kim Soo Hyun and Lee Jong Suk (the article spells it Seok, but...force of habit, okay?) are a bit more well-rounded, being able to achieve both domestic and international success - although the author notes that LJS should probably stick to dramas, as his films don't sell very well in the box office.

But what really interests me, and what gets me thinking a lot, is the second point:

2. What readers had to say in response, and how they compare these four actors

The comments section is quite fascinating as well - everyone's got their favourite out of these four, and for various reasons. I do recommend reading over it, because it's not nearly as inflammatory as you might imagine. People tend to stay more-or-less decent in this thread - although things do get really heated in regards to Lee Min Ho, where it seems like commenters either love him or hate him. So you may want to read those particular comments with a grain of salt :wink:

That being said, though, the reason why I think those comments are really interesting is that, unlike articles where comments are just one-line, "Oppa's so hot!" sort of things, people actually articulate and explain why they like who they do. And that makes me ask myself that same question, and so, I now have my own two cents on these actors as well.

(Saving JW for last, because, well, duh - I talk about him all the time! Let's give everyone else their space first, shall we?)

Lee Min Ho - I haven't watched anything of his yet except for the super-short "Seven First Kisses" series that was done for Lotte Department Store. And I think when it comes to judging the calibre of someone's acting, commercial films probably shouldn't count, because they're sort of sappy and over-the-top to begin with :tongue: But it's not like I avoid his dramas because I dislike him or am, say, jealous of him as a JW fan (which also gets thrown around a lot - "You're bashing on him because you're just jealous"). Rather, it's that none of the dramas he's been in have really drawn my attention - by the time I got into watching Korean dramas, teenage dramas like "The Heirs" or "Boys Over Flowers" really weren't my thing anymore (I made an exception for "Nae Il's Cantabile" because it starred JW and was about classical music). The only one of LMH's dramas that's catching my eye right now is "Legend of the Blue Sea", and it is on my bucket list of shows to watch, because I'm curious. I want to know what all the fuss is about with him. So as of right now, I have no idea whether he's an actor whose style I'd like.

I agree with the commenters, though, that whatever I think of his acting, I can't deny his influence and his position as the top dog of the Hallyu world. He's got a strong, loyal fan following, mostly international, and that is hugely profitable, as I noticed when I was in Seoul and saw his merchandise everywhere. Those things are marketed to tourists rather than locals, which shows how well-received he is abroad.

Kim Soo Hyun - He's definitely the first Korean actor to draw my attention, because the first Korean drama to draw my attention was "You From Another Star" (to use this article's translation). So I actually do want to credit him for being the one to start it all for me. :) That being said, I've watched a number of his dramas and one of his films - "Secretly, Greatly" - and he's not bad. I enjoy watching him. I think my favourite roles of his have been the ones where he looks innocent, but definitely isn't - so, say, like his role in "You From Another Star" where everyone thinks he's a kid, but he's actually a 400+ year-old alien :tongue: or his role in "Moon Embracing the Sun", where people think he's easily manipulated as a young monarch, but he's actually outsmarting all of them. He can definitely convey that aloof aristocratic air if he wants to - and out of these four actors, actually, he's my favourite visually in historical hanbok (Sorry, JW - love you, too, but KSH wins this round)

So I was really surprised to see how different he was in "Producer", where he looked the innocent maknae...because he was the innocent maknae. That was definitely a change of pace, and I'm not sure if I liked that or not. He definitely conveyed the wide-eyed innocence really well, but maybe that's just not my favourite type of role for him. *shrugs*

Lee Jong Suk - To be honest, I can see why some people really like his acting, and some people don't. Personally, I'm on the side of those who do. He's someone who can play really intense characters - that phone booth meltdown in "I Hear Your Voice" still haunts me - but I think he's one of those actors whom I enjoy watching simmer rather than boil. What do I mean by that? I think his skill as an actor really comes through in moments when his character is feeling really intense emotion, but for whatever reason he can't or won't let it out. So you just see it, well, simmering underneath the surface instead of just boiling over and spilling out (which is what I usually associate with JW - more on that later). For instance, when his character is angry or agitated, like some moments I've seen in "Pinocchio" or "W: Two Worlds", I can see him shaking, his eyes turning red...but he's still holding it all in. And sustaining that level - not doing too little so the emotion isn't visible, but also not going to the point of really outwardly displaying it - I think he's really good at that.

The one thing I'm not a fan of in terms of his acting is his versatility. LJS has the sort of role that he plays really well - the young, highly intelligent and protective hero - but he ends up being cast in that same sort of role over and over again: "I Hear Your Voice", "Doctor Stranger", "Pinocchio", "W: Two Worlds"...you get what I mean. So I want to see him break out of that mold at some point and try something different. Maybe the fact that he's just recently played a villain in a film will change my mind - I'll have to track it down and see. I definitely do think LJS has the looks and style and intensity to be able to play a really scary villain, so...perhaps I'll change my mind then. But for now, I want to see him change things up a bit more.

Joo Won - Well...there's probably not a whole ton I can say here that I haven't already said before in this thread, what with it being his fan thread and all. But for the sake of completion, here goes anyway!

Compared to the other two actors I'm familiar with - KSH and LJS - JW is the latecomer here. I had already watched and grew to love the other two actors' stuff before I started watching "King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu".

To be honest, at that point, I couldn't necessarily say I was blown away by JW's acting. It wasn't that it was bad, but just that I didn't notice. But in hindsight...that was the sheer brilliance of it all. Because I now realize that the reason why I didn't notice JW as an actor then...was because I was focusing so much on Gu Ma Jun as a character. I just naturally bought into the whole idea that I was seeing Ma Jun as opposed to JW on screen, that only afterwards did I realize that that was what marked a good actor: someone who makes you see their role as opposed to themselves.

My favourite roles for JW thus far have been Lee Kang To in "Gaksital" and Park Si On in "Good Doctor", and I think those two show as a really strong testament to JW's range. Earlier, I had described LJS as someone who simmers, but doesn't necessarily boil over. Well, while he can certainly simmer as well, JW stands out to me because he also boils - he even explodes. And that definitely made me sit up and notice. I saw that this was an actor who did not hold back, who would just throw himself completely into character, and who didn't mind 1) looking really, really ugly, or 2) scaring the crap out of me in the process. :tongue: 

Even a character like Park Si On, to me, is a type of explosion - even though you don't get the same level of intense emotion that you see coming from JW as Lee Kang To or Gu Ma Jun, his performance as Park Si On is this completely encompassing style of acting that just blew me away.

So there you have it - my take on these four big-name actors, including our JW. I guess if I had to sum it all up in one sentence, I would say it like this: I don't think in terms of who's better or worse, I just think about each of them carving out his own niche.

• Like 1

Since today is December 1, for the photos I'm sharing today, I'm going with a Christmass-y theme.

You know, just to start that countdown :wink: 

0b143fede626ab4da49a9aa53ba6ab57.jpg

87246391cc8aeb9467579641f2ab3c05.jpg

And one last extra from behind the scenes of the Korean dubbing for "Niko 2: Little Brother, Big Trouble", featuring JW, Narsha from Brown Eyed Girls, and Kim Won Ho

Spoiler

26bef30c8815f832fa7c856db1e21b9c.jpg

Nice sweater, by the way - if there was a girl's version, I'd want that :) 

• Like 2

Just read a guest blog post on Dramabeans, which has these monthly open-submission themes: readers could submit guest blog posts on whatever the assigned theme was for the month.

For November, that theme was "Alternate Endings" - in other words, pick a drama, and write how you would have ended it differently.

I haven't been reading the entries, since most were for dramas I didn't know or where I was already happy with the ending. But today, I actually took a peek, because a new submission got posted focusing on "Nae Il's Cantabile" (translated as "Cantabile Tomorrow" on Dramabeans, by the way):

[Alternate Endings] Cantabile Tomorrow owes me a kiss

I think the title of the submission says enough :wink:

Now, I can see why this author and a lot of other fans of the show felt slighted by there not being a proper kiss between Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il over the course of the drama. I mean, they clearly like each other, right? There are certainly a lot of moments that suggest that something's going on between them.

But personally...I disagree. I liked that there wasn't a kiss in the final episode. Why? Because the impression I got while watching the show was that they, but especially Cha Yoo Jin, were simply not ready for that yet at the stage in their relationship we leave them on.

It's clear that there are definitely a lot of warm and good feelings between them - whether you talk about their chemistry in playing music together, or the many ways they have supported each other and helped each other grow, or even the more physical, "OMG - we're almost touching?!?!" moments scattered throughout the show. 

Yet I feel like even if Seol Nae Il is sure that she's in love with Cha Yoo Jin...I feel like he's not entirely sure yet. I definitely agree that he likes her, possibly, by the end, even worships her, considering how hard he works to get her and her piano playing out there so she could get the recognition he feels she deserves. But is that romance? I have a feeling that even he doesn't know himself. And it wouldn't make sense for him to consent to a kiss - because this really is about consent (a girl can't force a guy anymore than a guy can force a girl, I think, is an important message to us drama fangirls out there) - until he is 100% sure he is in love with her.

So, in the future...maybe. But I'm okay with that not happening by the time the drama ends.

Two reasons why I'm bringing this up:

1. Because I like to keep tabs on what people are saying about JW and his dramas, and want to share it all with you.

2. Because the current fic I'm working on is for "Nae Il's Cantabile". Just a heads-up in advance: it's not focused much on Nae Il at all, but she does show up in some significant ways :wink: 

I usually don't offer previews, but I will this time as a little treat for you guys. It's from my draft, so things might be different in the final version, though (and, yes, I cut out some bits for this preview, because spoilers!).

Spoiler

When I first met her, Seol Nae Il was the exact opposite of anything I could love, or even stand. She is messy and disorganized where I need everything to be in its rightful place; she is loud and extroverted where I prefer to be alone in my own space

[...]

We have been assigned a duet together – Mozart’s Sonata for Two Pianos in D. But practicing with Nae Il has been one of the hardest things I have ever done.

Her playing matches her personality in a mess of almost perfect imperfection. She has no sense of rhythm or meter, always playing too fast or too slow. She crescendos when she should decrescendo – and vice-versa. She never plays a passage the same way twice; every time I manage to correct one thing, she makes a mistake someplace else. And when I try to make her practice harder, to mold her to perfection, she screams and cries and runs out of the room.

If I were to play like that for Professor Do, he would have a heart attack.

[...]

And yet…it’s beautiful.

Once her music begins, it soars. It sings. Cantabile. It is…alive.

And, miraculously, compelled by some mysterious force that I cannot explain…when she plays, I follow her.

How could something so wrong feel so right?

• Like 2

Whew...fourth post in a row - you can all blame the time zone difference for that (I seem to be awake when you guys are asleep and vice-versa).

But anyway, I'm here again tonight, because the new fic is done!

Title: To My Father

Drama: "Nae Il's Cantabile"

Characters: Cha Yoo Jin, Cha Dong Woo (i.e. Yoo Jin's father)

Premise: There were so many things he wanted to say to his father - if only he could find the words.

Note: In the tradition of all the internal monologues Cha Yoo Jin has in "Nae Il's Cantabile", this story is as much meant to be heard as it is to be read. Which is why things like punctuation, sentence structure, etc. might seem a bit odd - this is a story with a rhythm, like a piece of music itself. So if you want, I encourage you to try it: imagine JW's voice in your mind, or read it aloud yourself.

Once again, please do not repost this on any other website without my permission! If you want to share it, just share the URL - thanks!

Spoiler

To My Father

Abeoji…

Eomma tells me that when I was just a few months old, only the sound of your piano playing would stop me from crying. That when I was a year old and just starting to walk, I would toddle over to the grand in our living room and stroke and bang on the keys. That when I was three, you started to teach me to play the violin, guiding my still chubby and clumsy fingers on the toddler-sized instrument.

She tells me that you were gentle and patient, then: always encouraging, never shouting. And whenever, with your help, I had mastered a difficult passage, you would laugh and gather me up into your arms. You would say, “Good job, Yoo Jin-ah. Good job!” before kissing my cheeks in delight.

There is little I remember from that time, but I do remember those kisses.

How proud of me you must have been then.

When did that feeling of pride turn into shame?

~~~~~

Abeoji…

When I was younger, there used to be nothing that made us happier than music.

The best time of my life was when we lived in Salzburg. I was too small to know, but you must have been contracted with an orchestra there, because we were there for at least three or four years: you, Eomma and I – the happy Cha family of music lovers.

There, it seemed like all of Europe was at our fingertips, all the world’s greatest music was within our grasp. How easy it was for us to board a train or a flight on day trips, and weekend trips, anywhere our hearts desired: Vienna, Berlin, Munich, Paris, Prague.

But Salzburg was my favourite – because Salzburg was home. Vienna, Berlin, all those other cities – they had music, but they also had other histories, other stories to be told. But Salzburg…everyone who came to Salzburg came for music, and only music.

Back then, I had two idols in the whole wide world: you, and Mozart.

I remember that I was still very small, perhaps no more than six or seven years old, when you told me the story of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: how he had been born and raised right here in Salzburg, how he had already begun doing great things when he was as small as me, and how his father, Leopold, had been so proud that he wanted to show his son’s talents to the entire world.

And I had said that when I grew up, I would be just like that: I would be Wolfgang, you would be Leopold, and together, we would make beautiful music for everyone to enjoy.

But you had not told me the full story then, and I would not know until years later how the Mozarts ended: with anger, heartbreak, and a father and son estranged from each other although they only lived a short ways apart.

I had not known, back when I was little, that when I’d said I hoped to grow up to be the Wolfgang to your Leopold, just how much those words would come true.

Wishes do come true – but I have since learned not to wish for anything else for the rest of my life.

~~~~~

Abeoji…

Did you think that the day I first met Maestro Viera was the day I began to leave you?

I know that you had high hopes for me to become a concert pianist like you. And I did love piano – I still do. Its music lets me say things that I could never say with words.

But ever since that fateful day, when, as a nine-year-old, I snuck into the rehearsal hall and saw Maestro Viera with his orchestra, I knew in my heart that I wanted to be a conductor instead.

Was that when I started to become a disappointment to you? When you realized that I had dreams separate from yours?

I know that that that was when I first sensed a change in you. Your praise grew less frequent, your criticisms grew more. You stopped noticing how hard I was practicing, only whether I ranked first or not. You started telling me that I could not trust my friends; that they were all secretly jealous of me and would want to steal my spotlight.

Had you become jealous? Did you think that Maestro Viera had replaced you in my heart, simply because he was teaching me something you could not?

But you only ever saw the surface, abeoji – you never saw my heart, my dream.

I remember watching you and Maestro Viera rehearsing together for that first concert. You two had worked so well together then.

That was when I knew I wanted to be a conductor…so I could one day stand in his place by your side.

~~~~~

Abeoji…

I had never cried for you so much as I did the night of the accident.

I know that Eomma must have never left me, not even for a second. Even if we were pulled apart when the plane fell into the sea, she must have found me soon afterwards. That’s what she tells me: that I woke up in her arms, the two of us floating in the water with the other passengers. That, because I had hit my head, I was fading in and out of consciousness. That, with the help of some others, she had then found a piece of the floating wreckage and pushed me up onto it. That we stayed there like this for hours waiting to be rescued.

So why, in my nightmares from that night, am I always alone?

Is it because that night, as the minutes stretched into hours, I had thought that we were about to die?

And that the one person I had wanted to see one last time, the one whom I had shed tears of longing for, was not Maestro Viera…but you?

~~~~~

Abeoji…

Did you and Eomma get divorced because of me?

I remember the first time you two fought. It was in the hospital, shortly after we were rescued. The doctor had said that I was lucky Eomma had been with me: that if she hadn’t held my head above water until I woke up, I would have drowned. He had told us that I would need to stay in the hospital for a few days, just to make sure everything was fine. And then Eomma had called you in Berlin, telling you what had happened, begging you to come home. Lying in the hospital bed, I couldn’t hear everything she said, but I did hear her crying, screaming, something about my being your son and what-kind-of-father-were-you.

And that was when I knew that you would not come. That you cared more about your music than about us.

Eomma never forgave you for that – and neither did I.

~~~~~

Abeoji…

I remember the first time we were about to fly back again to Europe; it was sometime well after the accident, because you were there as well. And I was excited, too; we had so many plans together, the three of us. It was supposed to be fun.

So I don’t know why, when we arrived at the airport, my heart started pounding – so hard that it was like a drum booming inside my head. I felt nauseous, dizzy; I couldn’t breathe. In the lobby, I stopped right where I was, as you and Eomma kept on going.

It took both of you several seconds before you realized I had not followed. You came over, then; took me by the hand. You said something about there being no time, about how we would miss the flight if I was too slow.

I tried to follow you, but I couldn’t. No matter how hard I tried. It was like something had broken in my body, somewhere between my brain and my feet. The only thing that could move was my head, as I shook it no.

I don’t blame you for getting angry then: for raising your voice, for pulling on my wrist so hard that it hurt. I hope you could forgive me for what I did as well: for breaking myself free, for screaming at you to let go, for turning to run – not towards the check-in counter, but away until I was outside.

Eomma chased after me then; you followed just steps behind. You tried to grab me, but I hid behind her, didn’t I? So much of that day was a blur, but I remember clearly the look of hurt in your eyes.

And that sadness came out as anger, didn’t it? I know, because I would have done the same. We were identical in that way: Cha Dong Woo and Cha Yoo Jin, like father like son.

You shouted at Eomma; she shouted back. You told her to stop coddling me; she begged you to just go on without us. You were the one who had a contract, she said, who was needed somewhere else. She would wait until I was ready – and then we would both join you.

And that’s when you said it, abeoji – that’s when you said I was crazy.

You’re right. I was. I am. This…this demon in my head, this dark force that ripped our family apart…it’s still somewhere inside of me. I can’t get it out.

And neither could you. So that’s why you left. Got on that plane and flew away.

~~~~~

Abeoji…

Did you think that I wouldn’t get on a plane if I could?

There was still so much that I wanted to do with you: so much to see, so much to explore, so much more music to enjoy.

Nothing would have made me feel safer after the accident than for life to go back to the way it was before.

And yet…and yet!

I don’t think it was just that I was afraid of flying, afraid the plane would crash again. After all, you, Eomma and I had flown safely dozens of times. Was I afraid of that? Of course I was. But there must have been something else, something I could not put my finger on.

In my nightmares, where I am on the plane, I see myself leaning forward in my seat as far as I can, desperately clawing in the air, trying to grab something that lay just beyond my reach. I would then unbuckle my seat-belt, dashing out into the aisle to get it. But every time, I would stumble and fall; and everything would go black. And I would wake up, still trying to grab whatever it was.

I know that that object, that thing that I am trying to reach, holds the secret of my fear. If I could only grasp it, finally succeed in claiming it, everything would be become clear again, and we could go back to the way things were before.

But I never did manage to grab it. Every single time, it would elude me, roll just out of range.

And that changed our lives forever, didn’t it?

We tried again a few more times. It’s not like the three of us didn’t want to make it work. We tried everything we could think of: CT scans and MRIs; therapists and hypnotists. We even thought of sleeping pills – but none had a dose that would have lasted long enough to be of any real use and Eomma worried that the doctor would sooner poison me than heal me.

Every single time, we would go to the airport, thinking we had found the cure. But every single time, the same thing happened: over and over again, like some nightmarish cycle – until I came to fear even the thought of flying for the pain that it brought all of us.

Until I came to fear even you.

And you knew it, too. That’s why you would go off on your own, only coming back once every month, then once every few months, then once a year.

Finally, one day when I was in middle school, Eomma told me that the two of you had decided to get a divorce; that she could no longer bear to see you and me in so much pain, that it would soon drive her mad as well.

You never came back after that.

~~~~~

Abeoji…

When was it that I stopped wanting people to know I was your son?

All I know is that by the time I came to Haneum to study piano performance, I hated the whispers from the professors and the other students. I heard that as soon as the Chairwoman of the Board saw my name on my application to audition, she had demanded that no matter what, I must be admitted – it was for the good of the school, she said.

Fortunately, Dean Song knew better than that. I was admitted fair and square, based on my own merits.

The one good thing that came out of our connection was that I was able to tell the Chairwoman, under no uncertain terms, that I would not allow her to promote me as your son. Nor could she use our relationship to market the school. If I were to promote, if I were to perform…it would only be as myself. Me. Cha Yoo Jin.

I placed first in my group during the auditions, you know. You would have liked that – your son placing first for once.

It’s nothing compared to your dream that I would play in Europe – but I can only do what I can.

~~~~~

Abeoji…

When I first met Professor Do, I thought he was like you.

Stern. Exacting. One who demanded no less than perfect.

I grew under him. Thrived. Achieved levels of technique that I never thought possible. With his guidance, my music soared.

But he was not you. He would never be like you.

Because as much as he craved perfection, his vision was too narrow.

He was not like us – not like those of us who had been outside of Korea. In Europe: the heart and soul of classical music.

Perfection for Professor Do was about winning competitions and gaining marks. It was about never breaking the rules, never doing anything outside the acceptable norms.

But you and I both know, abeoji, that Europe was not like that. That beautiful music could be found on street corners as well as in concert halls. That some of the greatest masterpieces came from those who thought outside the box.

Technique is important, but without a heart, even the most perfect music is dead.

How I wish I could just board a plane and fly away. Like Mozart, I want to break away and find my own voice.

And I still want to conduct. My childhood dream has never died.

I want to find Maestro Viera – and after that, I want to find you.

~~~~~

Abeoji…

I think I have found it: the heart that I was searching for.

She is my neighbour; a fellow piano student at Haneum. When I first met her, Seol Nae Il was the exact opposite of anything I could love, or even stand. She is messy and disorganized where I need everything to be in its rightful place; she is loud and extroverted where I prefer to be alone in my own space; she is flighty and uncontrollable where you have always taught me that serious dignity is the way of the gentleman.

We have been assigned a duet together – Mozart’s Sonata for Two Pianos in D. But practicing with Nae Il has been one of the hardest things I have ever done.

Her playing matches her personality in a mess of almost perfect imperfection. She has no sense of rhythm or meter, always playing too fast or too slow. She crescendos when she should decrescendo – and vice-versa. She never plays a passage the same way twice; every time I manage to correct one thing, she makes a mistake someplace else. And when I try to make her practice harder, to mold her to perfection, she screams and cries and runs out of the room.

If I were to play like that for Professor Do, he would have a heart attack.

If I were to play like that for you…I would lose you forever.

And yet…it’s beautiful.

Once her music begins, it soars. It sings. Cantabile. It is…alive.

And, miraculously, compelled by some mysterious force that I cannot explain…when she plays, I follow her.

How could something so wrong feel so right?

~~~~~

Abeoji…

The time has finally come. I am now a conductor.

More of a student or assistant than a full conductor, yes, but it is a start.

Never would I have thought I could meet a conductor so disorganized as Professor Stresseman. He looks so dignified in the filmed performances I have studied, but the man underneath the mask…a lazy, womanizing drunkard is what he is.

Petty, too. He seems to bear some grudge against Maestro Viera – and against you as well.

It was a long, hard fight before he would agree to accept me as his pupil, but now that he has, there has been no real instruction either. Instead, he has me running errands for him like some sort of minion, and I have to literally drag him to rehearsals half the time. On some days, he just thrusts the score into my hands and then leaves me to care for his so-called “Special Orchestra” on my own.

I don’t know if “Special” is the word I would use to describe these students, either.

Out of tune, out of time, half of them with their heads still up in the clouds.

These are the worst out of all the students at Haneum, the ones you wouldn’t even give a second glance.

And somehow, by some miracle, I must shape them into a proper orchestra, or we will be disbanded.

I can see how Professor Stressman is gentle with them, how he is able to draw out their laughs, their smiles. How they sit up attentively when he speaks, how they follow him with their hearts. And their music is better for it.

I know, in order to lead this orchestra, I must have the students’ hearts and wills as well as their hands. But I do not know how. I can’t get through to them.

When it is me up there on the podium, no matter how hard I try, those words, those thoughts, they just cannot come out. They are blocked off, somewhere in my head, locked somewhere behind my lips.

Instead, what comes out of me are all the words you have said:

Idiot. Stupid. Wrong. Again. Again!

I have been made in your image – and then cast adrift.

~~~~~

Abeoji…

The Special Orchestra – S Orchestra – successfully made its debut. It took the students weeks of practice to reach the right level of proficiency – and it took me as many weeks to learn what Professor Stresseman saw in them in the first place.

All of these students, those who had been rejected, cast aside, they were like Seol Nae Il. Their music wasn’t perfect, they still made mistakes, but it had heart. It had life.

Watching and listening to them play Beethoven’s Eroica Symphony, I could feel the composer’s spirit. His hope, his despair. His terror at his own encroaching deafness, and his rising up like a phoenix in a burst of song.

These students, too, were like that. Yoo Il Rak was failing. Choi Min Hee was working several jobs to make ends meet. Ma Su Min could never quite fit in. They had all been told they were lost causes, that their musical dreams were a waste of time.

Yet here they are – here we are. Proving them wrong. Making music. Together.

~~~~~

Abeoji…

Once again, I dared to get my hopes up – and once again, they have been dashed.

I should have known that the high from the debut couldn’t last.

I should have known that our spirit of fun would come with a price.

I should have known, when Nae Il, Il Rak and Su Min wanted to leave earlier than we needed to for the festival, that they were up to no good. But I didn’t know. Not until we arrived at a waterpark somewhere along the way.

I tried to tell them not to go in, but when they insisted, I couldn’t bring myself to stop them from having their fun. So I let them play. I let them swim and splash around while I hid myself away.

They couldn’t have known what would happen next. Always, I had tried to present myself as proud. Aloof. Confident. Never afraid. Faultless.

They couldn’t have known that that old darkness would come and possess me again.

Perhaps, if I had not fallen back-first when they pushed me in, I would have been fine. The pool was not that deep, after all. But as soon as I felt myself sink into the icy water, I was no longer in an amusement park, surrounded by my friends.

I was in the world of my nightmares: ten years old again, floundering in the cold, dark sea.

Eomma…eomma…where are you? Come quickly. I need you to hold me up – the doctor had said so. Help me, eomma – or I’ll die!

I knew nothing after that. I did not see that Nae Il was the first to notice something was wrong. I did not hear her scream for help. I did not know that a young man had then jumped into the pool and lifted me back out. I never saw his face; I don’t even know his name.

But what does that matter? For once again, I had thought myself cured. And once again, I discovered that I was not.

It’s been so many years – are you still waiting for me? Or have you already given up?

~~~~~

Abeoji…

Could you see me? Could you hear?

Tonight was a night you would have loved. My concert debut: Grieg’s Piano Concerto in A Minor.

The performance was a success. It was everything you would have wanted it to be. I played it as best as I could, and were I somewhere in Europe rather than here in Seoul, I imagine you would have been proud of me.

But despite the applause, despite the praise, despite everything everyone here has said, I know, deep in my heart, that I am still not good enough for you.

Because, unlike you, I can still feel.

This was supposed to be a moment of triumph, but I feel my own music stabbing me in the back. It was brilliant, glorious, beautiful. But how much had I lost to create it?

I betrayed the S Orchestra, abeoji – I chose the A Orchestra as my accompaniment instead.

I tell myself that I had no choice, that it was the Chairwoman’s idea. That the board had threatened to dissolve the S Orchestra if I didn’t yield.

But I made the choice. I still rejected them – those naïve innocents who had believed that I would always be by their side.

I couldn’t say it to their faces, that I did this to help them. To protect them. To save them. So I hoped they would come to the concert. I even ordered Nae Il to do so.

What I could not say in words, I could say in music.

I hope they understood.

But because of that, because of this pain, this longing – this desire! – for friendship, for love, I know that we will still remain apart. You will never accept the love for them that floods my heart. You would say that I am foolish. Weak. Still unable to strive to be the best.

I know you will hear of this concert someday. You might even feel some small sense of pride.

But do not come yet – for I am not worthy.

~~~~~

Abeoji…

Will I ever be good enough for you? Will I ever be able to see pride in your eyes instead of disappointment? Instead of shame?

Why, after so many years, did you have to come tonight?

This was supposed to be the Rising Star Orchestra’s debut. We were supposed to prove that we could have the best of both worlds: the precision and technique of the A Orchestra, and the passion and heart of the S Orchestra.

So why did you have to ruin it?

I knew what to expect from you as soon as I saw you walk in. To be reduced to nothing. To be torn to shreds. To shrink and shrivel under your gaze until I could no longer stand.

But you could have just stopped with me.

How dare you insult, belittle, humiliate my orchestra. My instruments. My friends!

What would you know? You’re just a concert pianist – a soloist!

You can think only of yourself and your own glory if you want – but I can’t!

Because I am a conductor. And without an orchestra – without my orchestra – I. Am. Nothing!

So don’t you dare tell me that having friends is a weakness. Don’t you dare tell me that I don’t need anyone else.

Get out. Get out of my sight. Get out of my life!

The only one I don’t need anymore – is you.

~~~~~

Abeoji…

I know what happened now. That night that ruined us all.

It was Seol Nae Il who finally managed it; where the doctors and therapists had failed, she succeeded. Slowly, with her holding me up, with her by my side, I am now able to descend down into the depths of my memory. To see just what it was that had been holding me back.

Abeoji…I killed a man.

I remember now. That object, that thing that I am always trying to grasp in my dreams, was a bottle of pills.

It’s all coming together now….

The plane is shaking. I hear thunder booming, see lightning flash in the windows. Eomma is holding my hand, whispering to me that everything will be alright.

The plane jerks, plummets.

What’s happening to us?

I hear it then. A clatter behind me. I see it roll by me in the aisle. A bottle of pills. The kind old man sitting behind us clutching his chest in pain.

I have to get out! I have to get them! He’s really sick – I can’t let him die!

Eomma tries to stop me, but I’m too fast for her.

I unbuckle my seat-belt. I stand up to step outside.

There. It’s right there. Just a little closer, and I can get it!

The plane lurches and rolls beneath my feet. I feel myself falling. Pain shoots through my head.

In the explosion of white, I hear Eomma scream.

Then everything is black. And I hear no more….

I remember it now, abeoji. When I woke up in eomma’s arms, you were not the only one I wanted.

I looked everywhere for that old man, but he was gone. Vanished somewhere beneath the sea.

Abeoji, I want you to hear me. I want you to understand. To reach out your hands and hold me, like when I was small. To dry my tears and tell me that everything will be fine.

But the voice I hear is not yours, but Nae Il’s. She tells me that it was not my fault, that I had done what I could. That if that old man could see me from heaven, he would thank me for trying. He would see me as the innocent young boy I had been, and would want me to be free.

But I cannot be free. I can never be free.

Because even if the old man had not died because of me…I still have blood on my hands.

I drove you away. I broke our family apart. I have killed us.

Forgive me, abeoji, for I have sinned.

Whatever shall become of us now?

~~~~~

Abeoji…

Who changed first: you or I?

Who forsook whom? Who walked away first?

I did not expect to find you here – but I daresay you did not expect me, either.

Here we are in Salzburg. Come back full circle. Home once again.

I thought I would find Maestro Viera first. I wanted him to see that finally, after so many years, I have arrived.

And I wanted him to meet Nae Il as well.

But fate works in strange ways – so Maestro Viera isn’t here, but you are.

I do not know what to say. What to do. What to think.

That you would listen to Nae Il play, and see in her what I have seen. That you would then help her sort out the mess in her documents so that she could still take part in the competition…

I never thought I would say this, but thank-you. Thank-you. With all my heart.

As I have watched Nae Il these past few months, preparing and practicing for one competition after another, all culminating in this moment...I think I am finally beginning to see. To know. To understand.

What it means to want only the best for someone else.

What it means to want to see her spread her wings and fly.

What it means to realize that in order to do that, I must let go.

No longer leading. No longer in front while she follows behind.

Instead, we are together. Step by step. In perfect harmony.

Abeoji…am I your Nae Il?

Did you also feel frustration when you saw me flounder?

Did you also feel pain when you saw me cry?

Do you now feel pleasure as you watch me fly?

I never thought I would hear your praise again, all the more precious for being so small. But however begrudging it was, I am glad to have your blessing at last.

I must go now. It is time to return to Seoul. But we will come back, Nae Il and I – and when we do, I will find you.

We have lots of catching up to do. We may never see eye to eye, and we certainly can’t go back.  But could we start again?

Author's Note (In "Hidden Content" because of spoilers

Spoiler

I don't know about you, but there were times while I was writing this fic that I felt like we were going straight into AU (alternate universe) territory. But that's okay - because even if it's not entirely accurate to the drama, I really wanted to explore some of the ideas you see here.

First of all, a quick confession: while I have watched "Nae Il's Cantabile" - twice - I have not seen the Japanese original, "Nodame Cantabile" in any way, whether we are talking about the manga, the anime, or the live-action series. However, I somehow have this vague memory of reading somewhere that in the original Japanese version of the story, Chiaki (a.k.a. Cha Yoo Jin for us) was driven by a desire for his father's acceptance and approval.

And we don't see that much in the K-drama version. Maybe it's because, as a teen drama, its focus was really on the younger characters and their interactions with each other, but I found the relationship between Cha Yoo Jin and Cha Dong Woo to be really one-dimensional by K-drama standards. The main running theme was that Cha Dong Woo was an overly-strict perfectionist whose demands for perfection damaged Cha Yoo Jin's mental health, so now Yoo Jin wants nothing to do with his father.

To me, that just did not make sense.

See, one of the things that I loved the most about Korean dramas overall was the degree of complexity with which they addressed parent-child relationships. A lot of coming of age dramas, both Western and Asian, have what I suppose you could call a "parent-child redemptive arc" - a story that involves the emergence and then resolution of a conflict between the child character (whose perspective is what we usually see) and the parent. Now, in a lot of Western dramas and movies I'm familiar with, the one to concede in the end is usually the parent: they see that their child was right all along, or have now grown willing to accept their child for who he/she was. However, in contrast, in Korean dramas, I've noticed that the resolution often works the other way around: that the child comes to see how the parent's actions are motivated by love, and even if they don't agree with what their parent did, they learn to respect and appreciate the parent's sacrifice.

"Nae Il's Cantabile", in my opinion, was a drama that could have really seriously explored some of these ideas - both versions of the arc would have worked here. And it's not like they didn't touch upon it at all, but I wanted to see just how far I could take it. Cover as many aspects of what I see to be a love-hate relationship as possible.

So we know from Episode 1, for instance, that Cha Yoo Jin was closer with his father at some point in his childhood - he talks about travelling alongside his father in Europe. We also know that it was a conflict over how to deal with Cha Yoo Jin's trauma that led to his parents' divorce - but there's not much by way of details, so I was allowed to flesh them out however I wanted.

And I also wondered just how often it was that, like in his interactions with his friends, Cha Yoo Jin might say one thing out loud, but mean something else in his heart. So, for instance, what if when he says things like not wanting to see his father, or not wanting his mother to bring up his father, there was actually a different story happening under the surface: a longing he could never express with words?

That, ultimately, is what this story is about: those words I imagine he wanted to say, but couldn't.

A couple more "behind the scenes" tidbits:

One thing that helped - hence why it becomes a recurring metaphor in this fic - was the real-life story of the famous composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and his father, Leopold Mozart. I won't go into details here - information about their story is easily Google-able. What I will say is this: scholars and historians still debate over what the exact nature of their relationship was: whether they loved or hated each other, whether Leopold was being too demanding or Wolfgang too rebellious and impulsive. Who knows? I suppose the best way to put it would be either love-hate or "It's complicated." And that's what I went for here as well.

Another thing that helped, at least with the emotive part of the writing process: listening to classical music, piano music in particular. I downloaded a number of the pieces that appeared in "Nae Il's Cantabile" as well as "Secret Love Affair", and made a playlist of them. That helped a lot in terms of getting me into the mood and getting into Cha Yoo Jin's mind.

One last point before I go: I definitely used some creative licence in talking about the flashbacks that we see in "Nae Il's Cantabile". For the purposes of this story, the flashback of what happened on the plane is true to the actual events, but I made the image of a young Cha Yoo Jin floating on his own in the water more of a dream/nightmare than an actual memory (i.e. an image that more reflects his mental/emotional state than what really happened). Again, that was just creative licence on my part - you can interpret the original scene however you wish :wink: 

If anyone wants to read my other fics, they can all be found under the "About Me" tab on my Soompi profile page.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/1/2017 at 8:22 PM, kittyna said:

Oh, I see...yeah, that's true :D

It's no wonder, wherever he goes on 1N2D, he ends up waking up the maternal instincts of the ahjummas he meets. I think they see him and think that he reminds them of their own kids, who could very well be his age.

Hahaha... our cutie is indeed really special... he makes another people wants to protect and cuddle him especially noonas and ahjummas.

Maybe because he sometimes talk with aegyo and do cute stuff, so it makes people around him happy and make the shooting location have a great cheerful condition.

Hm...I know that dating news used to count as a scandal, but is it still? Just wondering, since we've just brought up how JW hasn't been in any scandals, and I wonder if that's still considered the case now....

In my opinion, scandal is something that harms both yourself and others. such as cases of harassment or accidents. so I do not think it's a scandal unless they dating insincerely to draw attention.

He'd said in "Healing Camp" that he learned not to do that, because if he did get mad and, say, argue with someone online, he would end up saying something wrong and having to apologize anyw

I like his attitude and behavior. Joo won is a wise and mature person seen from the interview he has done. He always said that he did not like the fuss and fight. He also once said that he never had a fight with his girlfriend. So of course from here we can conclude that he likes peace and balance. He always avoids anything that makes a fuss or scandal on the internet. I also never saw the news about joo won who was involved in a scandal (I do not think his date is a scandal because as I said I see something a scandal if they just want attention but I see news like joo won-boa, rain-kim tae hee, lee min ho-suzy *and many more*

is news that seems they are sincere and want to announce the happy news to make them more comfortable)..

Joo won does keep himself in the right path and only focuses on the world of acting and also his career. There are many more things that we can take and conclude from all interviews that he did. just waiting for a turn ... 

I remember Jung Woong In's comment, too - that JW isn't fun at parties, but that he would want a little brother like him. :D

I think everyone wants a brother like joo won...:lol:

I think one of the factors that's really going to work in JW's favour is this one. For him, there is no such thing as higher or lower in terms of prestige or degree of importance; he had even said that if he didn't make it as an actor, he would have wanted to be part of the staff. He's someone who's always aware of how blessed he was to land lead roles right out of the door, so he's not someone who would look at, say, a supporting or even bit role and think that that's a degradation of some sort. 

Yeah.. he treats everything with importance and balance. and also as I said that cutie likes balance so of course he would treat all his work the same and do his work with all his heart until it's done.

He is also more concerned with the process than the outcome so he will take all the lessons and experiences he gets from the project and never regard something as a failure. he will take something good from the job and always think optimistically. I'm really in love with him and his personality.

I think he does have a slight edge, since he's one of the earlier ones to enlist this year - so when he's discharged, a lot of his really big-name peers would still be doing their enlistment: those like Ji Chang Wook or Kim Soo Hyun, for instance. As for someone like Lee Min Ho, he's doing public service, which has a longer enlistment term than active duty - so even though he and JW enlisted at around the same time, JW will probably be discharged sooner. So I think he has a slight competitive edge when it comes to his post-enlistment comeback, but who knows, right? That can change depending on who ends up becoming popular between now and 2019.

I wish all the best for cutie and also I pray that he is always healthy and happy.

Who knows the future ... we can only hope and pray that everything you say will happen. so it will all go smoothly for our cutie.

The article you posted about JW in comparison with other actors reminds me of one I saw not too long after I first got into Hallyu - K-news Crowns New K-drama Kings Joo Won, Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho, and Lee Jong Seok It's one of those articles that I don't read often, but will return to every now and then, and I use it as a measure against which I compare my own Hallyu tastes and preferences.

Thanks for your opinion. Thats really interesting. Keep the good works..:D

On 12/1/2017 at 10:56 PM, kittyna said:

Since today is December 1, for the photos I'm sharing today, I'm going with a Christmass-y theme.

Owh... I imagine how cutie will celebrate Christmas there .. I never heard the tradition there. whether he will be on leave for holidays or he will keep working because you know that he is an instructure since he is person that is seems like example there... hope he will get a rest and go for holiday..

By the way, i heard that temperature in cutie's division is reeeaaalllyyy cold~~~ we know that cutie doesn't like cold at all. He always said that he prefer hot/warm than cold and freezing thing. I hope he is okay...

Good photos... i like his red sweater it looks so warm and cozy.... and his smile is so comforting, i miss him and his dimples smile.

23 hours ago, kittyna said:

Now, I can see why this author and a lot of other fans of the show felt slighted by there not being a proper kiss between Cha Yoo Jin and Seol Nae Il over the course of the drama. I mean, they clearly like each other, right? There are certainly a lot of moments that suggest that something's going on between them.

Awww... everyone is expecting a warm and amiable kiss between cha yoo jin and seol nae il. and I seem to expect it too. probably because I miss him and also his stunning acting, so I want to be fascinated with the cool charm of cha yoo jin. a cha yoo jin whose heart is conquered by a cheerful lady named seol nae il.

P.s: actually i was expecting a loving kiss in all dramas that cutie plays. but in the bridal mask there is no supportive situation for it. And in ojakgyo, since tae hee is first time falling in love with a girl, so their kiss is a bit stiff like a highschool student that have their first kiss. In baker king, shin yu kyung doesn't love gu ma jun, so their kiss is a forced and unwanted kiss.

In civil servant, actually, i don't really like the lead woman in the drama. I don't know why. It's just that she does not look right with cutie. So their kiss scene is not so good for me. In good doctor, you know that shi on is an autistic person. So their kiss scene is a pure and innocent kind of kiss. Its not what i wanted. And in yong pal, this is the kind of kiss that i want.  Hehehe.......:glasses:

23 hours ago, kittyna said:

I usually don't offer previews, but I will this time as a little treat for you guys. It's from my draft, so things might be different in the final version, though (and, yes, I cut out some bits for this preview, because spoilers!).

Woohhh... will there be a romantic thing? I'm really looking forward to it.

11 hours ago, kittyna said:

Title: To My Father

Drama: "Nae Il's Cantabile"

Characters: Cha Yoo Jin, Cha Dong Woo (i.e. Yoo Jin's father)

Premise: There were so many things he wanted to say to his father - if only he could find the words.

You make another great story....! this story tells the heart of yoo jin to his father. heartbreaking because although he hates his father but we know that he still wants his father's presence beside him to accompany him and guide him. He just missed his happy little family.... Poor Yoo jin..

NEW UPDATE GUUUUYYYYYSSSSS........~~~

I MISS HIM SO MUCH...AFTER 1 MONTH. LOOKS LIKE HE IS DOING WELL AND LOOKS HEALTHY IN THIS PHOTO. UWWAA... WHY SO HANDSOME.:heart: I WANNA CRY... 

Joo won was there because his division held a dinner(?) at a restaurant. you can see behind there soldiers gathered for eat. 

P.s: looks like cutie is wearing a slipper that time. Its the first time he wear something other than boots since entering the army. (I can see his black socks.) So cute... 

In this post this person is said that joo won is so kind. She said that she asked Joo Won to take a picture when Joo Won permits to go to the toilet. Joo won says to wait for him to take his hat and fix his appearance. She thinks that joo won will not come back but she is shocked and does not think that joo won really come back to take pictures with her. She wrote "this army is really good .. ~~" So happy to hear back good news about cutie and his photos after so long ... Joo Won i miss you..~~~

• Like 1