Joo Won 주원 [Drama- The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

I'm late! Congrats and Thank You to @airplanegirl for being the new administrator :D 

Now that MSG has ended, I believe wuri JW has gained more new fans. Let's continue to keep this thread active and welcome him back to dramaland in 2019. 

I hope he can take on a meatier role in true sageuk drama after he is discharged. What do the rest think? Pls share here! 

• Like 3

On 17/07/2017 at 5:44 AM, valinor500 said:

lavender2love

Yes my dear, i'm always here, for Joo Won and for this wonderful tread (and for my sweet Soompi friends)!  Many hugs from Italy! :wub:

@valinor500..Hugzzzzzz , So nice to find some warmth here from you, from @flutterby06 , @airplanegirl and @Ma OOAt least I feel a little encouraged.  bbrrrrrrrr ... this place cold. Time to set up a cosy home hearth .

Edit : and @sagaseed.... just saw your ppost friend. You can talk about older dramas which I have not watched.

We just finished MSG by Joo Won and OYS. To me it's a success and Joo Won made an impact. He's so handsome in hanbok and his presence lights up the screen  @flutterby06shall we flood this thread with Joo Won's talent ? Just get the moving van and shift the stuff from there to here .We have 2 years to fill this place with his last drama before his comeback ? I love his crying scene.... JW is famous for it...Reminds me of Yong Pal

DE_-0awXgAAc_Wp.jpg

DE_-0axW0AAbAbT.jpg

Spoiler

DE_-0a5XoAQCB3u.jpg

Spoiler

DE_-0axXYAAPW0N.jpg

• Like 2

@lavender2love, We definitely should do that..I joined Soompi just to do that.. :D I was very sad that only few people were active here ( I was sad that I joined here late) and MSG was such a deserted island.. Then you and all other came, made that thread active with nice opinions and I really had an amazing journey with all of you there. It was nice to see more new people are noticing JW because of his talented and diverse acting. :)

We should start with MSG!

%ED%95%9C%EB%B3%B52.jpg?type=w1200%ED%95%9C%EB%B3%B51.jpg?type=w1200

26 minutes ago, sagaseed said:

I hope he can take on a meatier role in true sageuk drama after he is discharged. What do the rest think? Pls share here!

While Joo Won absolutely slays heavy role, I totally love him in MSG.. I'm really glad he choose MSG as his last project before enlistment. We got to see all types of acting of JW in just one drama..And I believe not every drama needs to be great to be liked..MSG has it's unique charm. :)

I'm scared of Sageuk drama though..I've only seen three or four historical..but I really liked MSG which is not so Sageuk.

But yes to more serious Modern Drama...Forget it... I'm already very interested in his next project after his discharge whatever that is!

and yes..Let's make this thread active. Joo Won left his fans with so many nice works( I'm planning to rewatch ) ..waiting together won't be that painful, right? :)

• Like 2

In between MSG  I'll pop in. I'll post whatever comes to mind because we have so much material. We post whatever and whenever. And I do hope his old fans come back. It's very disconcerting to see them abandoning something they built up so lovingly. I feel sad.

Thanks @flutterby06 for your dedication . You're one true fan.

Even though Joo Won wore many beautiful hanboks his sleeping attire are so pretty. The white pj have a lovely sheen but I like pink the best. Whatever the colour, his acting about the nightmares, the sadness and the cute ones are on top. Very good actor.

DFBe_SkUQAEydIE.jpg

19984222_327260551018561_655687918068695

• Like 1

@lavender2love Thanks for encouraging old fans to come back here and for keeping this thread lively!

I'm not exactly an old fan, only started fangirling JW after YP. But I had seen and liked his works since 2011, Gaksital being my favourite drama. I have tried to influence potential-fans-to be who like JW to watch Gaksital, hoping to convert them to fans. Then I realize many pp are not keen to explore drama of such genre. 

So for new fans who think Gaksital is not your type, I would recommend Good Doctor or Okjakgyo Brothers, the later if you have more time to spare. Good Doctor remains as my hubby's favourite JW's dramas (having watched almost all his dramas too) because he finds the drama warmhearted and meaningful, whereas Okjakgyo Brothers is my favourite JW's drama after Gakistal. YongPal should definitely be on your list too if you have not seen it. That was when I really felt his acting became more matured and manly. No longer the boy I saw in 2D1N but an actor full of passion and amazing chemistry with Kim Tae Hee. I can never forget those honey-dripping eyes he had for KTH!

For those who have less time to spare but want to learn more about this amazing man, do check out most fans' favourite interview in Healing Camp 2015. He was such a honest and genuine guy in that talk show. Life Log series is highly recommended too as he was really cute in the series. They are clips during his Ghost Musical training days, some outing with his friends, him learning Chinese and my favourite episode was the one he went grocery shopping and cooking! There's another interview he did many years ago in 2012 Win Win (with a few 2D1N members) that everyone loves. Here's a short clip on his entrance dance. I believe I watched the Chinese subs as Eng subs wasn't available. Will share again once I can find it. 

Here's the link to numerous videos / interviews subbed by JooWonCutie.

@flutterby06 I feel you! I too find it a great pity I came here late after YP ended. I think this thread was most active during from 2012 to 2014?? I also regretted missing his Ghost Musicals in 2014. I think I would have flown to Korea to watch his musicals if I became his fan earlier. That was where I could have watched him act and sing at the same time!

What's the reason you are scared of Sagueks? Is it because you do not like the historical elements or the seriousness of saguek or the length of the drama? Of course I will love to see JW in whatever drama in 2019, as long as he comes back immediately after his discharge and not take his time to look, wait and see LOL. I just have a feeling that he will think twice before accepting rom-com again because this genre usually involves more lovely dovey scenes between the leads. If he is still attached, I guess he will think twice. He shared before he will fall in love with the female lead when acting. Not that I think he isn't professional enough, but JW being such a sweet, genuine and considerate bf will surely consider his gf right? hahaha.. Apologies, I'm going off topic.. Well of course, if he can still create strong chemistry with another female in a rom-com, he will impress me further with his mature acting skills!

Personally, I like thrillers so while watching recent dramas such as Defendant, Tunnel, Circle and Duel, I had been thinking what IF JW has taken up those roles instead. Will he create rating records in cable stations with his impressive acting? I will be a very happy fan if he takes on a fantasy or sci-fic or legal drama after he is discharged. In fact, I believe his late 30s will be similar to that of Ji Sung and I can't wait to see him grow and win another Daesang!

• Like 2

@sagaseed, I'm not sure exactly what I'm scared of but enjoy them less..The only Historical I recently enjoyed was Moon Lovers. I even delayed to see Bridal Mask because of 1930's setting( I know I'm a fool to do that when I already knew that it was famous JW Drama) . I saw Bridal Mask in 2015 after Yong Pal and I absolutely loved it..It is the best(est) drama ever! I think Joo Won's best performance was in Good Doctor and his best drama Bridal Mask!

I definitely want to see him in a Crime/thriller drama.It will be awesome..:D

And about Joo Won's attachment with his co actress, I don't think he always liked them romantically. I think most of the time he genuinely liked them as a person and that's why expressed his fondness. It's natural to fall for a charming co actress but that doesn't mean it incudes his intention to be in relationship with her. He expressed that he is a very observent person when thinking about relationship. You may have watched KBS Drama Awards Best Couple interview. The MC asked if he has any intention to date Moon Chae Won. He felt awkward and said he didn't think about that. Then the MC asked Do you not like each other..! I think that was an absurd question! Just because one likes another doesn't mean he/she would want to date that person specially if he takes relationship seriously.

Like he said in tvN Taxi, reporters asked him after each projects How do you like Moon Chae Won, Do you like Kim Ah Joong, How is Ivy..When this kind of questions are asked he can't say that he didn't like them. They're good co-actresses of course he liked them. As @lavender2love previously mentioned that he always picks his current actress when reporters asked anything by comparing his other co actress. In this respect he is very professional and courteous! Last time he picked Kim Tae Hee as his best acting partner saying she was very humble and this time he picked Oh Yeon Seo saying as she was same age as him they become closer quickly which helped in their chemistry. 

But I do believe he is not professional enough when facing the reporters. He speaks his innocent mind. That makes me worried for him. But I also find this honesty and sincerity of him charming. He's such a baby.. :wub:

About his relationship with BoA they actually kind of knew each for some time and their relationship grew over that time. I think our admin @airplanegirl can explain more. :) 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

About his relationship with BoA they actually kind of knew each for some time and their relationship grew over that time. I think our admin @airplanegirl can explain more. :) 

You called? 

They actually first met each other at the Golden Disk Awards in 2010:

DBzj2dLUMAEbldY.jpg

And they would communicate with each other on Twitter: 

DBzjc6-VoAAcraf.jpg

During her Kiss My Lips promotion:

When Yong Pal was airing, she promoted the drama hard on her Instagram:

I don't have the picture of it right now, but I do remember that when BoA's song 'no matter what' came out, his best friend Lee Se Wook promoted the song on his Instagram. Unfortunately for us Joo Wonie fans, his best friend has now made his Instagram private. 

Joo Won's cultwo interview (2017):

Let's not forget this LOL! BoA sent Joo Won a letter, and unfortunately the contents of said letter got leaked by reporters. 

All in all, they were friends for about 5 years (?) before starting a relationship. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, airplanegirl said:

So Joo Won might actually be discharged in November 2018, instead of February 2019 if the bill the president has proposed pushes through!

Yes!! Just in time for JW to do a drama for early 2019 broadcast! I pray this bill gets pushed through:)

I read a comment that says "If this happens, he will be there for BoA 's birth month!" Hahaha. Seems like lots of BoA fans have become JW's fans too and I'm really happy for this couple to receive so much blessing. I have seen lots of interesting posts from BoA-JooWon English twitter account about JW too. I wonder if she is a JW's fan before they date. 

Speaking of curiosity, can @airplanegirl our new administrator tell us more about yourself and your love for JW? Have you seen JW in person? I'm sorry if this has been shared before. Too many pages to backtrack.. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, sagaseed said:

I read a comment that says "If this happens, he will be there for BoA 's birth month!" Hahaha. Seems like lots of BoA fans have become JW's fans too and I'm really happy for this couple to receive so much blessing. I have seen lots of interesting posts from BoA-JooWon English twitter account about JW too. I wonder if she is a JW's fan before they date. 

Our new admin is the one who owns BoA-Joo Won English. I've fortunately found out her tweets about Joo Won-BoA ( I was searching a lot about Joo Won knowing he'd start his MS and be out of news for 2 years) I didn't have twitter account then. But I regularly searched for her tweets to know more about Joo Won's relationship with BoA. Then after I joined she posted here about them(may be just 2/4 pages back). It was nice to meet @airplanegirl here. :) and nice meeting you too @sagaseed:D

It'd be awesome if they decided to cut term. If it doesn't get approval, let's not be upset. Let's just hope he comes back safe and sound be it in 2018 or 2019.

and this is me.. Opened this account because Soompi doesn't approve normal photo upload!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sagaseed said:

@lavender2love Thanks for encouraging old fans to come back here and for keeping this thread lively!

I'm not exactly an old fan, only started fangirling JW after YP. But I had seen and liked his works since 2011, Gaksital being my favourite drama. I have tried to influence potential-fans-to be who like JW to watch Gaksital, hoping to convert them to fans. Then I realize many pp are not keen to explore drama of such genre. 

So for new fans who think Gaksital is not your type, I would recommend Good Doctor or Okjakgyo Brothers, the later if you have more time to spare. Good Doctor remains as my hubby's favourite JW's dramas (having watched almost all his dramas too) because he finds the drama warmhearted and meaningful, whereas Okjakgyo Brothers is my favourite JW's drama after Gakistal. YongPal should definitely be on your list too if you have not seen it. That was when I really felt his acting became more matured and manly. No longer the boy I saw in 2D1N but an actor full of passion and amazing chemistry with Kim Tae Hee. I can never forget those honey-dripping eyes he had for KTH!

For those who have less time to spare but want to learn more about this amazing man, do check out most fans' favourite interview in Healing Camp 2015. He was such a honest and genuine guy in that talk show. Life Log series is highly recommended too as he was really cute in the series. They are clips during his Ghost Musical training days, some outing with his friends, him learning Chinese and my favourite episode was the one he went grocery shopping and cooking! There's another interview he did many years ago in 2012 Win Win (with a few 2D1N members) that everyone loves. Here's a short clip on his entrance dance. I believe I watched the Chinese subs as Eng subs wasn't available. Will share again once I can find it. 

Here's the link to numerous videos / interviews subbed by JooWonCutie.

Dear @sagaseed spoken like a true fan. At the moment we are so loving him in MSG as the perfect boyfriend and A+ husband material. We miss him much as you can see from our chat.

DE6ZBjwUwAA672q.jpg

DE6ZDFQV0AAfFEO.jpg

DEsasUfW0AENQ8h.jpg

@flutterby06 I feel you! I too find it a great pity I came here late after YP ended. I think this thread was most active during from 2012 to 2014?? I also regretted missing his Ghost Musicals in 2014. I think I would have flown to Korea to watch his musicals if I became his fan earlier. That was where I could have watched him act and sing at the same time!

What's the reason you are scared of Sagueks? Is it because you do not like the historical elements or the seriousness of saguek or the length of the drama? Of course I will love to see JW in whatever drama in 2019, as long as he comes back immediately after his discharge and not take his time to look, wait and see LOL. I just have a feeling that he will think twice before accepting rom-com again because this genre usually involves more lovely dovey scenes between the leads. If he is still attached, I guess he will think twice. He shared before he will fall in love with the female lead when acting. Not that I think he isn't professional enough, but JW being such a sweet, genuine and considerate bf will surely consider his gf right? hahaha.. Apologies, I'm going off topic.. Well of course, if he can still create strong chemistry with another female in a rom-com, he will impress me further with his mature acting skills!

We were squealling when he said that to Kim Tae Hee. Also he said that she's  beautiful inside and out, Then he sang Nothing Better to her in an interview. He's so sweet. Here's a short clip. The one with the whole song was taken down .

Personally, I like thrillers so while watching recent dramas such as Defendant, Tunnel, Circle and Duel, I had been thinking what IF JW has taken up those roles instead. Will he create rating records in cable stations with his impressive acting? I will be a very happy fan if he takes on a fantasy or sci-fic or legal drama after he is discharged. In fact, I believe his late 30s will be similar to that of Ji Sung and I can't wait to see him grow and win another Daesang!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, sagaseed said:

Speaking of curiosity, can @airplanegirl our new administrator tell us more about yourself and your love for JW? Have you seen JW in person? I'm sorry if this has been shared before. Too many pages to backtrack.. 

I actually discovered Joo Won when I first watched Kim Tak Gu, and remember feeling so sorry for his character that I actually started to dislike Ma Jun's father lol.

Fast forward to 2013, and I happened to catch a re-run episode of 2D1N and instantly fell for Joo Won. It was around that time that KBS started to advertise for this new drama called 'Good Doctor' and I realised it was the guy from 2D1N!

I made a note to start watching the drama. I instantly fell in love with the drama. I didn't really watch Nodame since at the time I was quite busy with my final year of college. I did however, watch Yong Pal. 

Whilst I did love Yong Pal, I have to say his best dramas were easily Bridal Mask and Good Doctor. It wasn't until this year that I finally sat down to watch Bridal Mask and Ojakgyo Brothers. 

Till now, whenever I am bored or just need some relaxation, I watch Ojakgyo to pass the time. 

And yes, like @flutterby06 said I run the BoA-Joo Won English twitter. It really started off as a hobby after the whole "mine? yours?" thing happened. I didn't expect that people would catch on to it and even follow me. I'm so flattered that @flutterby06 would actually go to the trouble of making an actual twitter account just to follow my tweets? Thank you so much!!! 

• Like 3

0278780d0ff441718b50d897894d3b60.JPG

You're most welcome @airplanegirl.. I was actually doing quite okay only searching for your tweets and learning what's currently happening with JW. But sometimes I had this intense urge to reply to your tweets. Then when I joined Soompi I learned it only accepts photos with links. That's when I thought I'd just open twitter acc as it will serve both my purposes. Your translation are very helpful.. I was actually curious about JW relationship, but other than the message from their agency there were no buzz about them. I'm glad you started this.  :)

1 hour ago, airplanegirl said:

It wasn't until this year that I finally sat down to watch Bridal Mask and Ojakgyo Brothers. 

I also saw Ojakgyo Brothers very recently (January,2017 and I enjoyed it , specially JW's acting as an awkward cutie :wub:). After OB I started watching 1n2d seriously. I've only seen about 40 episodes and taken a break because MSG started airing.

• Like 2

He's so easy on the eyes. MSG must take the record for the most dimples. There are more dimples here than in a golf course  ( referencing dimplid golf balls ) The dimples flashers Joo Won, Oh Yeon Soo, the child actor who acted as Crown Prince Wonja and the one playing the Queen. Throw into the lot fans with dimples and we can have Dimple Land Theme Park . I Likeeeeee !!!

DFCPc0FVwAA0XyY.jpg

DFCPddHVoAAlMMP.jpg

DFCPevdUAAEuWYV.jpg

Spoiler

DFCPeE2VYAEzp-n.jpg

• Like 2

@airplanegirl  Thanks to your hobby, I enjoy refreshing my twitter account daily! Very impressed with your ability to translate too! I wish I have time to learn hangul... 

To be honest, I didn't notice him at all when I watched Baker King. Hahaha prob he was too young and fresh back then. I love him in 2D1N and I wished he was given more air time. I'm curious which episode of 2D1N makes @airplanegirl fall in love with JW? There are many episodes so I will prob rewatch selected ones as and when I'm free. 

@flutterby06 hope you enjoy watching the remaining  2D1N episodes. Do share with us your thoughts when you are done with JW's final episode! 

@lavender2love LOVE those dimples and pouting photos you shared! Thank you very much!

• Like 3