Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

So, I know that things will get busier in the next few weeks as JW and IVY's variety show and interview appearances start rolling out. But since we've got at least a week to go until then (filming for Knowing Bros was yesterday, but it takes a while before the show is actually broadcast), I've decided to fill the lull with something I've been wanting to do for a while: a Take Two of my Disney-Drama Character Associations Challenge.

If you've seen or done the last one (or any of the Musical Theatre Challenges), you'll know how this works, so let's just get right to it.

Once again, we're starting off with the guys - but I will also say that the guys are why I wound up taking so long to actually put this challenge together. See, the vast majority of solo Disney songs are for girls, and if I were to just look at the guys...well, character archetypes/tropes start getting really repetitive really fast :P What can I say? Most of the more musical Disney movies are marketed towards girls, and even those with more significant male characters tend to (due to Disney's general family-friendly nature) steer clear of the darker or grittier storylines that we tend to like in JW's dramas. So it did take me a while to put a decent list of prompts together - hope you guys enjoy it!

Spoiler

Disney-Drama Character Associations: Round One (Guys)

If you've seen the musical theatre version of this, you already know the drill. But just in case you need a refresher, the question is simple: which male character from JW's dramas comes to your mind when you hear each song, and why?

Again: answers can be ANY male character (lead, supporting, random extras you could describe but can't name, etc.) from ANY of JW's dramas. The only rule here is that you can't name the same drama character twice ;) 

No right or wrong answers - in true Disney spirit, just let your imagination go wild! :partyblob:

1. "Go the Distance" from Hercules

Disney character: Hercules

Context: After being told by his adoptive parents that the secret to his incredible strength can be found in the Temple of Zeus, a young Hercules sets out in search for answers.

2. "Lost in the Woods" from Frozen 2

Disney character: Kristoff

Context: Kristoff has been waiting for the right moment to propose to his girlfriend, Anna, for a long time now, but like many other guys who aren't used to talking about their feelings, he's worried he might screw this up or that she might not be on the same page as him.

And just calling it before anyone else does: yes, this song is cheesy and campy as heck :P That's what makes it fun ;) 

3. "Lovely London Sky" from Mary Poppins Returns

Disney character: Jack

Context: Despite working a menial job as one of London's many lamplighters (i.e. someone who turns on the gas streetlights at night and turns them off again in the morning), Jack always keeps a cheerful and optimistic attitude.

4. "One Jump Ahead" from Aladdin

Disney character: Aladdin

Context: It's all in the clip ;) But here's lyrics if anyone needs them.

5. "So Close" from Enchanted

Disney character: Robert (even though he only sings a couple of lines, the whole song is from his point of view)

Context: After spending most of the film scorning love and romance (he's both a divorce attorney and divorced himself, so...), Robert discovers that he's developed feelings for Giselle - the real-life fairytale princess he's dancing with here. And although it seems like she reciprocates those feelings, the problem is that she's already engaged to someone else.

6. "Remember Me" from Coco

Disney character: Hector

Context: From the underworld, Hector thinks back to his daughter (the titular Coco) and the song he used to sing to her - not realizing that that moment would be their last together.

7. "Jack's Lament" from The Nightmare Before Christmas

Disney character: Jack Skellington

Context: As the ruler and most respected citizen of Halloweentown, there's no-one more skilled at the scary or macabre than Jack is. However, deep down, he believes there's more of the world - and of himself - that's yet to be discovered. Here's lyrics if anyone needs them.

8. "Friends on the Other Side" from The Princess and the Frog

Disney character: Dr. Facilier

Context: As a powerful witch doctor, Dr. Facilier offers to read the fortunes of Prince Naveen and his servant, Lawrence. He persuades them to use his magic to achieve their secret desires - Naveen wants "green" (i.e. money) to escape from his family and live the life he wants, while Lawrence wants power - but making a deal with him is akin to making a deal with the devil :naughty:

Here's lyrics if you need them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g00kEcGh4j8 (Embedding doesn't work, so just click the link)

So, there we have it - looking forward to seeing where you guys go with this!

• Blob 2

12 hours ago, kittyna said:

This is one really difficult one to answer. Since, no character in the drama of joo won's has a adoptive parents or the child is unaware that he was adoptive. But the one that comes in my mind if Hawng Tae Hee, he knew that he was adopted by his uncle and aunt, but his situation is similar to that of Hercules, like he can pretty much do whatever he wants which it was shown in the show that he did not consult anyone before applying for police job which kids usually do, like, consulting their parents. So, I think Hawng Tae Hee fits for this musical

Hwang Tae Hee, he is the epitome of someone who suppresses his feelings. And in the show he can pretty much see how he struggled to express his feelings not only to the person he loves but also towards his adoptive parents. I would also like to choose Cha Yoo Jin as a backup option if repetition is not allowed.

Lee Kang To. Yes, we know that he became kind of an RickRoll'D after joining the police force, but before that he was a cheerful lad who always like working and taking whatever job he can get to support his family, no matter how menial that job is. And it was also shown that he was quite kind before his brother became insane.

Han Gil Ro, he is just like Aladdin, i.e naughty,carefree and cheerful. But the background of the female lead and male lead sort of switches with each other, like, Han Gil Ro is like with princess's background and Kim Seo Won has Aladdin's background

Ku Ma Joon, these two don't have lot of similarities, except for the fact that they fall for the girl they thought they wouldn't never fall. Like , Ku Ma Joon always look down upon Shin Yu Kyung and never took her serious but he eventually fell in love with her, just like the male lead in the musical

Han Yeo Jin's father. I know it is not the best fit, but he was the one who came to my mind after seeing the video.

Park Jin Gyeom. He is in similar situation just like the musical character. Like, he knows there is more to in life other than finding his mom's killer and his job, but he is not able to realize it because of his condition.

Kang Hyun Tae from Good Doctor. He is just like the Dr.Facilier, i.e, he finds what others want and make deals in favor of him, just like he did with the department head and that Resident who bullied Park Si-On. He is a wizard in financial field just like Dr. Facilier wizard with actual magic, but in this day and age a financial wizard is like a wizard with actual magic since they promise the money which is not physically present and offers profits with magical numbers in future just like the actually wizard who promises good fortune in the future with his spells.

Again: answers can be ANY male character (lead, supporting, random extras you could describe but can't name, etc.) from ANY of JW's dramas.

It's funny how you say we can choose any character, but majority of your musical songs are oriented towards main leads and I often end up thinking about the main leads after watching the video. In this challenge except for musical 6 and 8, rest of all the musical were oriented towards main leads.

JW and IVY's variety show and interview appearances start rolling out. But since we've got at least a week to go until then (filming for Knowing Bros was yesterday, but it takes a while before the show is actually broadcast), I've decided to fill the lull with something

That interview with jessi will air on 21st of this month and we don't have to wait for subs since all the videos of her interviews have subs on go. And Knowing bro episode will be at the end of the month and we need to wait for it sub, since it is popular show, I think the subs will be available within a day or two after the release of the episode

he vast majority of solo Disney songs are for girls

Spoiler

Well, I think many of  these solo Disney songs for girls are more or less like a complaints or grievance they face due to the restrictions they  face from their parents and society. And other songs are for like the ones in which they depict that these girls are waiting for their prince in shining armor, so, we cannot totally say that all those songs are for girls per se

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:
11 hours ago, kittyna said:

Kang Hyun Tae from Good Doctor. He is just like the Dr.Facilier, i.e, he finds what others want and make deals in favor of him, just like he did with the department head and that Resident who bullied Park Si-On. He is a wizard in financial field just like Dr. Facilier wizard with actual magic, but in this day and age a financial wizard is like a wizard with actual magic since they promise the money which is not physically present and offers profits with magical numbers in future just like the actually wizard who promises good fortune in the future with his spells.

Just have to say - I would never have thought of this, but I love it :thumbsup: I especially like your take on the "financial wizard" because it is true that in today's world (especially as depicted in K-dramas), money and the status it brings could pretty much do anything.

11 hours ago, kittyna said:

Lee Kang To. Yes, we know that he became kind of an RickRoll'D after joining the police force, but before that he was a cheerful lad who always like working and taking whatever job is can get to support his family, no matter how menial that job is. And it was also shown that he was quite kind before his brother became insane.

I also really like this one - it's counterintuitive, but it does make sense. Lee Kang To's a good example of a good kid who ends up going down the wrong path through a series of well-intentioned but morally sketchy decisions. We'd also need to consider the role that his environment and circumstances had to play in his turning so dark: physical and emotional abuse were already rampant in that police force to begin with, and Kang To would have been particularly subjected to it as the only Korean in his team.

It's funny how you say we can choose any character, but majority of your musical songs are oriented towards main leads and I often end up thinking about the main leads after watching the video. In this challenge except for musical 6 and 8, rest of all the musical were oriented towards main leads.

lol - It's because songs that don't involve the actual leads are hard to come by :P I allow for more open choices for the K-drama characters just in case there's no good fit among JW's roles, but the actual Disney songs are mostly from leads simply because that's how Disney works. I'm more likely to get a broader range from the general musical theatre challenges, though ;) 

Well, I think many of  these solo Disney songs for girls are more or less like a complaints or grievance they face due to the restrictions they  face from their parents and society. And other songs are for like the ones in which they depict that these girls are waiting for their prince in shining armor, so, we cannot totally say that all those songs are for girls per se

lol - Long story short, the character types in Disney (male and female) start to get really repetitive ;) But I still have an easier time finding songs for the girls' round, since there are just simply more of them to choose from. :P 

• Blob 2

37 minutes ago, kittyna said:

the role that his environment and circumstances had to play in his turning so dark: physical and emotional abuse were already rampant in that police force to begin with, and Kang To would have been particularly subjected to it as the only Korean in his team.

Yeah, it is same story for all native employees or personnel  around the world who were working for colonial govt in their own country. They have to more brutal than the actual colonial or foreign personnel in other to prove their loyalty and also so that no one questions their loyalty and sincerity towards their job

40 minutes ago, kittyna said:

money and the status it brings could pretty much do anything.

Yeah, just like magic

43 minutes ago, kittyna said:

start to get really repetitive

Yeah, that's why I end up with same answers for different challenges

43 minutes ago, kittyna said:

But I still have an easier time finding songs for the girls' round, since there are just simply more of them to choose from.

But it is really hard to choose a character when it comes for girl's round, since it seem like all the girls fits for a given musical. :sweat_smile:

• Like 2

Knowing Bros preview - It looks like this is gonna be a lot of fun, and it's great seeing just how happy JW is here. I did wind up bursting out laughing when he runs into the wall, but it does look to be all in good fun :partyblob:

By the way, @flutterby06 and @kireeti2, the preview also appears to answer our question as to whether Knowing Bros would bring up the fact that JW and Lee Su Geun knew each other from 1N2D - that answer being yes ;) And it looks like we'll see a quick throwback to all those old Gaksital jokes from back then as well :P Also, is it just me, or is JW finally starting to turn the tables on all the variety show hosts who've teased him in the past? Like, first it was Kim Gu Ra during Radio Star, and now it seems like he's going to do his fair share of roasting Lee Su Geun as well :P 

• Blob 3

2 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Knowing Bros preview - It looks like this is gonna be a lot of fun, and it's great seeing just how happy JW is here. I did wind up bursting out laughing when he runs into the wall, but it does look to be all in good fun 

Lol, I was about to post this preview and also I might add he is looking dashing in school uniform, much better than in Alice, perhaps it's because of the brightness in  the Knowing Bros, in Alice it was all dark.

4 minutes ago, kittyna said:

and now it seems like he's going to do his fair share of roasting Lee Su Geun as well :P 

Yup, I think he would bring up some embarrassing incidence from 1N2D. It is also interesting to see that Lee Su Geun is more excited to see Joo won. Like, I have seen episode where he had reunions from other 1N2D's members, but he was passive in those episodes. But in this episode he seems to be taking the lead, it's such a heartwarming scene and Bridal Mask reference is cherry on the top and also I can see they have added Park Joon-myeon as well which should make the episode fun and interesting. Her jokes were super fun in the Radio Show, so she would just enhance the comedy of the episode.

• Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

:partyblob:

Perfect mood to use exactly this... We have two vareity talk style show next week!

Joo Won in Jesssi's Showterview with Ivy.

Joo Won Ivy looks cool with matching black.:coolshades:

And Joo Won, Ivy and Park Jun Myung in Knowing Brother Episode 265. Specially excited for knowing bother because it's full volume vareity with some talk and some activities

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

By the way, @flutterby06 and @kireeti2, the preview also appears to answer our question as to whether Knowing Bros would bring up the fact that JW and Lee Su Geun knew each other from 1N2D - that answer being yes ;) And it looks like we'll see a quick throwback to all those old Gaksital jokes from back then as well :P Also, is it just me, or is JW finally starting to turn the tables on all the variety show hosts who've teased him in the past? Like, first it was Kim Gu Ra during Radio Star, and now it seems like he's going to do his fair share of roasting Lee Su Geun as well :P 

It really looks like he enjoyed there...Oh please...I loved watching Joo Won in attacking mode so very much..We're watching this side after his comeback. Love it.. Also in the preview above on YT they put this in the caption-

Er3H3VGVQAUkxbV?format=jpg&name=small

"Why did Lee Su Guen call Joo Won under the roof in 2 Days 1 Night break time?"

Whatever he said to JW , Kang hodong calls Suguen Kkondae (Old School) for it...:joy:

Glad that 2D1N got mentioned..also I was expecting Gaksital to be mentioned and Lee Su Guen did. But here's a catch. He says " Gaksital! We also have two Gaksital here (in knowing Brother). 'Gaksi taechul' or something like that which means "Bride escaped" indicating Seo Jang Hoon and Lee Sang Min who are both divorced.

1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

Yup, I think he would bring up some embarrassing incidence from 1N2D. It is also interesting to see that Lee Su Geun is more excited to see Joo won. Like, I have seen episode where he had reunions from other 1N2D's members, but he was passive in those episodes. But in this episode he seems to be taking the lead, it's such a heartwarming scene and Bridal Mask reference is cherry on the top and also I can see they have added Park Joon-myeon as well which should make the episode fun and interesting. Her jokes were super fun in the Radio Show, so she would just enhance the comedy of the episode.

I am also glad to see Park Joon Myung. She's a good edition. I think GHOST team is actively promoting at the last moment. Because I recently saw Choi Jung Won who plays Oda Mae appeared in Master In The House. I don't follow this show after some original member got changed but as I used to follow it, it came to suggestion. Also showterview was filmed before last week of December but it is being aired quite late. So I think the timing is intentionally set as such to promote it better before they can do last few performance.

Lol, I was about to post this preview and also I might add he is looking dashing in school uniform, much better than in Alice, perhaps it's because of the brightness in  the Knowing Bros, in Alice it was all dark.

Appreciating how good JW is looking here.. :heartxoxo:way different than Alice mostly because he looks bright also he doesn't have that blunt high-shcooler hair style..But it's also a signature hair style make one look like high schooler. I don't know what it's called internationally but we know it as bowl cut which is unfavorable to all fashionable kids. ha ha ha...

On 1/14/2021 at 6:17 PM, kireeti2 said:

Joo won promoting Ghost Musical in talk show "Show!terview with Jessi". Hmm, it is interesting to see that joo won is doing lot of talk shows to promote Musical but he sort of done one or two odd interviews for drama Alice. But lot artist do the opposite to what Joo won is doing,like, they always give the drama the first priority than the Musical Drama

I think JW's lack of promotion for Alice was most because He Entered GHOST right away.. JW has said one of his interviews with Seensee that last time he did Ghost he did a movie along with it.. Was busy with some other schedules, caught cold couldn't enjoy the opportunity as much as he should've done. So this time he wants to enjoy it to the fullest. So I think that's how he ended up with promoting and being busy on appearances for GHOST more than ALICE. 

Truthfully I think ALICE team didn't had the right promotional approach. May be because it was not only pre produced, but also it probably got aired at least one months after it started airing. So all main cast probably got busy with other staffs. Other than standard SBS interviews Alice cast didn't visit any variety show team wise. They went solo everywhere- Joo Won is Radio Star, Kim Hee Sun in and Kwak Si Yang in My Ugly Duckling. Also it's a selfish complain of mine--- JW has 3 dramas for SBS but none of them sent JW to promote on Running Man. I love Running Man-- the only time he visited RM is for promotion of movie Fashion King. I really wished to see him in RM to promote Alice because he couldn't do so for last two dramas. 

Anyways I just think it was because Alice filming and airing had a long gap so may be they couldn't make time to do it. 

Anyways, JW laughing, singing, dancing..excited..excited... :eats2:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

It really looks like he enjoyed there...Oh please...I loved watching Joo Won in attacking mode so very much..We're watching this side after his comeback. Love it.. Also in the preview above on YT they put this in the caption-

"Why did Lee Su Guen call Joo Won under the roof in 2 Days 1 Night break time?"

Whatever he said to JW , Kang hodong calls Suguen Kkondae (Old School) for it...:joy:

Hm...I wonder if it has anything to do with the story from Win Win, where Kim Seung Woo revealed that Lee Su Geun tried (and failed) to scold JW off-camera for constantly using banmal (i.e. informal speech) with the hyungs. Of course, this could also be about an incident that's never been made public before, but from what I do know and remember of what is already known to fans, that's the only time when I could see Lee Su Geun doing something with JW that could lead to him being teased in turn for being "old fashioned" or "old school" by his castmates - since his own style of comedy is usually so irreverent, it does feel weird that he was the one trying to correct JW back then :P 

And that's especially noteworthy considering that, in 1N2D itself, Lee Su Geun was the one out of all the hyungs who most actively encouraged JW to bring out his mischievous side. ;) 

49 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Glad that 2D1N got mentioned..also I was expecting Gaksital to be mentioned and Lee Su Guen did. But here's a catch. He says " Gaksital! We also have two Gaksital here (in knowing Brother). 'Gaksi taechul' or something like that which means "Bride escaped" indicating Seo Jang Hoon and Lee Sang Min who are both divorced.

I didn't get that joke, but it looks like Lee Su Geun also tries to revive the long-running inside joke he had with JW: i.e. making and/or wearing masks at random moments just to surprise him. I remember Lee Su Geun doing that to JW at least once on 1N2D, and he did it on Win Win as well.

Of course, I could be misinterpreting the preview footage (which shows that JW bursts out laughing after Lee Su Geun tries to make a play-doh mask) due to how it's edited, but I do hope it's a reference to that old joke, because it was one of my favourite hyung-dongsaeng bonding methods between these two guys in particular.

2 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I can see they have added Park Joon-myeon as well which should make the episode fun and interesting. Her jokes were super fun in the Radio Show, so she would just enhance the comedy of the episode.

Oh, yeah - I'm definitely looking forward to seeing her as well :) She gave off such a cheerful and friendly vibe in Radio Star that I could really see her playing well off the others here. ;) 

2 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

57 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Appreciating how good JW is looking here.. way different than Alice mostly because he looks bright also he doesn't have that blunt high-shcooler hair style..But it's also a signature hair style make one look like high schooler. I don't know what it's called internationally but we know it as bowl cut which is unfavorable to all fashionable kids. ha ha ha...

Yeah, same - I can't put my finger on what it is that's working better here for him (whether it's hairstyle, makeup, the uniform's cut/style, or something else), but I also think this look is better. Or maybe it's just that JW's being himself rather than in-character as Park Jin Gyeom, because let's be frank: Good!Jin Gyeom as a teenager was kinda dull :lol:

1 hour ago, flutterby06 said:

I think JW's lack of promotion for Alice was most because He Entered GHOST right away.. JW has said one of his interviews with Seensee that last time he did Ghost he did a movie along with it.. Was busy with some other schedules, caught cold couldn't enjoy the opportunity as much as he should've done. So this time he wants to enjoy it to the fullest. So I think that's how he ended up with promoting and being busy on appearances for GHOST more than ALICE. 

That's my best guess, too - in addition with the possibility that there were COVID-19 restrictions we didn't know about. Like, it's honestly crossed my mind that artists may have only been allowed to work on or promote one project at a time in order to prevent cross-contamination by moving between sets or casts/ensembles. I don't know if there was such a restriction, but if so, then since JW was already working on Ghost, he would have been ruled out for Alice-related activities for the most part.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Hm...I wonder if it has anything to do with the story from Win Win, where Kim Seung Woo revealed that Lee Su Geun tried (and failed) to scold JW off-camera for constantly using banmal (i.e. informal speech) with the hyungs. Of course, this could also be about an incident that's never been made public before, but from what I do know and remember of what is already known to fans, that's the only time when I could see Lee Su Geun doing something with JW that could lead to him being teased in turn for being "old fashioned" or "old school" by his castmates - since his own style of comedy is usually so irreverent, it does feel weird that he was the one trying to correct JW back then :P 

And that's especially noteworthy considering that, in 1N2D itself, Lee Su Geun was the one out of all the hyungs who most actively encouraged JW to bring out his mischievous side. ;) 

It came to my mind naturally too.. because that's the incident we all know.

Anyways we all know whatever he's sharing it's good natured joke between Hyung and Doongseng because we know how encouraging and indulging 2D1N Hyungs were with JW specially Lee Su Guen. He literally played the dad role in JW's house, isn't he? :lol:

Also I laughed all the Banmal stories shared by JW's Hyungs- Lee Su Guen, Uhm Tae Woong, Park Ki Woong, Jeon Mansik, Joo Sang Wook, Yu Hae Jin.. They all complain it in a endearing way. Like they acknowledge they found it unsettling first but they accepted it as his endearment to them. Joo Sang Wook and Yu Hae Jin mostly expressed they found it cute tho.. What I understand form all their stories is that even they found using banmal/informal tone (skinship also) unacceptable at first, but more they get to know JW the more they found out that he's is good kid that they can't help but love. So they they can good naturedly joke about him using banmal with them and allowing him to so as time passed by.. Because the maknae is just too cute.

I didn't get that joke, but it looks like Lee Su Geun also tries to revive the long-running inside joke he had with JW: i.e. making and/or wearing masks at random moments just to surprise him. I remember Lee Su Geun doing that to JW at least once on 1N2D, and he did it on Win Win as well.

It's just old reference of JW being Gaksital and more because Lee Su Guen just had to make fun about those two.. I watched few episodes of KB because of some other guest I found interesting. The members there openly joke about those two being divorced.

That's my best guess, too - in addition with the possibility that there were COVID-19 restrictions we didn't know about. Like, it's honestly crossed my mind that artists may have only been allowed to work on or promote one project at a time in order to prevent cross-contamination by moving between sets or casts/ensembles. I don't know if there was such a restriction, but if so, then since JW was already working on Ghost, he would have been ruled out for Alice-related activities for the most part.

I don't think that's the case- I mean Seensee restricting JW from promoting for Alice while doing GHOST for covid reasons- because everywhere in k-entertainment world I have seen some similar solidarity regarding the covid situation. Also Korea seems to be quite strict on restriction and policies regarding covid in it's own way- They adjust their policy with situation so that no works are hampered unless they're posing high risk..The restriction is Asia over all isn't as strict as Europe and America. And so far Korean broadcasting channels are really cautious on safety measure. If there are gathering and in-out of all kind of Celebrities anywhere, it'd be TV stations so they must've to maintain proper measures so celebrities can't complain.. So complaining on such matter wouldn't look professional on Seensee. Television industry people are a part of musical audience  and stakeholder too.  They won't be inflexible because they knows as lead actor JW has duty to both. I also don't think JW would be happily willing to do more work for a company if they show this much inflexibility or his agency would like it if their actor is being restricted from general activities.

What I think is- this happened naturally due to time gap. JW's GHOST performance started right after the first week of Alice broadcast. This means he's almost always busy with either performance or rehearsal. And considering it's the first phase of performance reversal must've took most of his time. And also he was really eager to join GHOST again so he just wanted to focus as much as he could.

Also it wasn't as if other cast of Alice went to promoting Alice actively somewhere together and JW was missing.. If such was the case we could assume things. But the case wasn't even that.. When he went radio star he promoted Alice. At first phase of Alice most of his interview included Alice and shifted to GHOSt.  It's most probably either Alice promotional strategy wasn't that strong or just the cast weren't free on same day to promote together.

Wonnie being cute as a otter...

And fans are excited about JW dancing to popular 'Any Song'.. :doggie:

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

So, a ton of posts today because of the Knowing Bros preview, but I'm also coming by with my own responses to the Disney-Drama Character challenge:

Disney character: Hercules

Here, I wound up focusing on Hercules's quest for acceptance and belonging, as well as his own optimistic belief that he would ultimately achieve his goal. That, in turn, made me think of both male leads from King of Baking, Kim Tak Gu, albeit for different reasons: for Tak Gu, it's that ability to both work hard and look on the bright side; and for Ma Jun, it's more the idea that he's trying to come to terms with his true background and history and his hope that he'll end up being loved and accepted by the father figures in his life. So, after juggling these two around for a bit, I'm going to say Kim Tak Gu as my official answer, because I do see a better fit in terms of personality here.

Disney character: Kristoff

Since @kireeti2 already gave two really awesome possibilities among JW's own roles, I'm going to think outside the box and pull in a supporting character: Yoo Il Rak from Nae Il's Cantabile. Even though Il Rak doesn't shy away from speaking about his emotions (if anything, he goes into too much detail :P), he's also a very good-natured and humble guy who ends up adorably clumsy and awkward around the girl he likes - especially since, like Anna in the Frozen films, Jung Si Won's way out of Il Rak's league and he knows it. And in the drama, that sense of a huge gap between them is what makes him so hesitant and insecure around Si Won...until he eventually realizes that she likes him as well and has just been waiting for him to speak up ;) 

Disney character: Jack

Here, I wound up thinking of Nurse Jo from Good Doctor. It's not a good match in circumstances (although being a nurse in a pediatric ward can arguably get depressing at times), but I just see a good match here in terms of personality. That's all there is to my answer here, really :) 

Disney character: Aladdin

Usually, with this sort of character (i.e. the quick-thinking, fast-talking guy from the wrong side of the tracks), I instinctively think of Kim Tae Hyun. However, for the sake of doing something different this time, I'm also going to offer Hwang Tae Pil from Ojakgyo Brothers as an alternative response - mostly because he's also got the street smarts and massive mischievous streak that Aladdin does.

Disney character: Robert

For me, this one was a challenge: most of the romances in JW's dramas tend to be fairly straightforward, and the ones that do end up with love triangles don't really have characters that fit this couple (Robert + Giselle) in personality. However, if I were to just boil it down to the situation at hand, I would suggest Gyun Woo during the middle stages of My Sassy Girl (i.e. when Hye Myung's being courted by the Qing prince) as a possible answer.

Disney character: Hector

Hm...like @kireeti2, I'm also grasping at straws for this sort of bittersweet father-daughter relationship in JW's dramas: like, it's easy to think of really positive relationships (e.g. Baek In Ho + Baek Ja Eun) or really messed up ones (e.g. Shin Yu Kyung + her father), but ones in the middle are tougher. I think I'm going to go with Jang Dong Shik (i.e. 2020-Yoon Tae Yi's biological father) from Alice here. Like Hector, Professor Jang really loved and cared for his daughter, and the two of them shared a special artifact of that bond; however, like Coco (albeit for completely different reasons), Tae Yi ends up forgetting her father after his death and needs to be reminded of that part of the past over the course of the story.

Disney character: Jack Skellington

Again, there's something really bittersweet about this song that immediately jumped out at me: I get the impression of a person in a position of power (and who is believed by everyone to enjoy that power), but who's actually come to realize how futile and empty it is. And that's leading me in a very intriguing direction right now: the Teacher from Alice. It's worth noting that we don't know which version (if any) of Park Jin Gyeom he started off as, but what we do know is that as corrupted and twisted as he's become over time, there is still a part of him that wants all of this to just end. He goes about it the wrong way, of course (first by trying to convince his mother to abort him - which is never gonna happen - and then by claiming that there's no way to avoid killing her as a result), but I do feel like the moment when one version of himself finally does end up killing him, that death comes as something of a release.

Disney character: Dr. Facilier

Adding to the "financial wizard" idea that @kireeti2 brought up, I'm going to answer Han Do Joon from Yong Pal for this one. Again, it's the same concept of someone who offers money/status to those who want it, but at a very steep price (because the line that stands out the most from the song to me is "So you got what you wanted, but you lost all you had"). We see that happening to the people who end up working for him on the 12th floor: those who are loyal end up losing their humanity or morals, and those who try to escape lose their lives.

[EDIT]

56 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

I don't think that's the case- I mean Seensee restricting JW from promoting for Alice while doing GHOST for covid reasons- because everywhere in k-entertainment world I have seen some similar solidarity regarding the covid situation. Also Korea seems to be quite strict on restriction and policies regarding covid in it's own way- They adjust their policy with situation so that no works are hampered unless they're posing high risk..The restriction is Asia over all isn't as strict as Europe and America. And so far Korean broadcasting channels are really cautious on safety measure. If there are gathering and in-out of all kind of Celebrities anywhere, it'd be TV stations so they must've to maintain proper measures so celebrities can't complain.. So complaining on such matter wouldn't look professional on Seensee. Television industry people are a part of musical audience  and stakeholder too.  They won't be inflexible because they knows as lead actor JW has duty to both. I also don't think JW would be happily willing to do more work for a company if they show this much inflexibility or his agency would like it if their actor is being restricted from general activities.

No, I don't think Seensee would try something like that. But I think it's possible that JW himself (or his agency) might have decided to focus on promoting Ghost because trying to go back and forth between Ghost rehearsals/performances and promotional activities for Alice would have been really complicated with COVID still floating around. Even if there weren't actual rules like that in place, it would be the safer and more ethical choice once Ghost rehearsals started.

So my comment wasn't meant as a complaint, nor do I think anyone's complaining.

• Like 2

Okay, some of you guys are probably aware that JW had a voice-acting gig in 2012 as the main lead in the Korean dub of Niko 2: Little Brother, Big Trouble. I never really got a chance to see more of it save for a trailer, but someone finally uploaded a clip on Instagram and oh my God! :loolz:It sounds like an early prototype of his "Park Si On" voice :fullofhearts:

2 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

Also I laughed all the Banmal stories shared by JW's Hyungs- Lee Su Guen, Uhm Tae Woong, Park Ki Woong, Jeon Mansik, Joo Sang Wook, Yu Hae Jin.. They all complain it in a endearing way. Like they acknowledge they found it unsettling first but they accepted it as his endearment to them. Joo Sang Wook and Yu Hae Jin mostly expressed they found it cute tho.. What I understand form all their stories is that even they found using banmal/informal tone (skinship also) unacceptable at first, but more they get to know JW the more they found out that he's is good kid that they can't help but love. So they they can good naturedly joke about him using banmal with them and allowing him to so as time passed by.. Because the maknae is just too cute.

Yeah, I've noticed that pattern, too: his sunbaes are put off by it at first, but then they realize that JW only speaks in banmal with people he likes (contrast that with what UEE said about him switching to a more formal tone whenever he had to scold his hoobaes in university). Maybe it's a hint at his "love language" in real life?

Anyways we all know whatever he's sharing it's good natured joke between Hyung and Doongseng because we know how encouraging and indulging 2D1N Hyungs were with JW specially Lee Su Guen. He literally played the dad role in JW's house, isn't he? 

"The dad role in JW's house"...I feel like I should recognize the reference, but it's not coming to me. Help, please :Megathanks:

But, yes, Lee Su Geun was really nice to JW on 1N2D. I didn't notice it when I actually watched the show, since Su Geun's style of humour wasn't really what I considered funny, so I didn't really pay attention to his parts. But in hindsight, he did do a lot towards getting JW to open up more, and it's telling that JW became more comfortable with teasing/pranking him than with the other hyungs. Like that time he smacked Lee Su Geun in order to get him to laugh - JW wouldn't have thought to do that with any other hyung, but he knew it would work here :P 

Also it wasn't as if other cast of Alice went to promoting Alice actively somewhere together and JW was missing.. If such was the case we could assume things. But the case wasn't even that.. When he went radio star he promoted Alice. At first phase of Alice most of his interview included Alice and shifted to GHOSt.  It's most probably either Alice promotional strategy wasn't that strong or just the cast weren't free on same day to promote together.

Both Kim Hee Sun and Kwak Si Yang had separate variety show appearances to promote Alice, but most of the promotions seem to have been done online, on the actors' respective social media accounts. I loved their weekly "Alice Day" posts, actually - like, I don't know if the four main actors planned it together, or if it just happened spontaneously and became a thing, but it was really cute to get those four Instagram posts every week :) 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

The dad role in JW's house"...I feel like I should recognize the reference,

It's in the episode where the whole team has visited Joo won's home and Lee Su Geun played or at least pretended like Joo won's dad for a brief moment

4 hours ago, kittyna said:

omeone finally uploaded a clip on Instagram and oh my God! :loolz:It sounds like an early prototype of his "Park Si On" voice 

Lol, no wonder they choose him for Park Si-On character

• Like 2

13 hours ago, kittyna said:

I think I'm going to go with Jang Dong Shik (i.e. 2020-Yoon Tae Yi's biological father) from Alice here.

Wow!:partyblob: You really hit it out of the park for this musical. I think Jang Dong Shik character fits well for this musical. Just like coco movie, Jang Dong Shik does have some connection with his daughter through the time travel equation.

13 hours ago, kittyna said:

. And that's leading me in a very intriguing direction right now: the Teacher from Alice.

I like this one as well. Evil Park Jin Gyeom a.k.a Teacher does fit the with this musical

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

It's in the episode where the whole team has visited Joo won's home and Lee Su Geun played or at least pretended like Joo won's dad for a brief moment

Oh, okay - I remember now. Thanks! :approves:

Yeah, that moment was really cute, and showed how much JW had learned to let down his guard around the hyungs by that point :) 

16 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Lol, no wonder they choose him for Park Si-On character

Maybe - I've also heard that Good Doctor was JW's own choice, so.... ;) 

And I'm glad you liked my responses to the challenge, @kireeti2. I'm still finalizing my picks for the girls' round, but I'll be sure to post those when I can :) 

By the way, you guys - is it just me, or have JW's stylists really been upgrading his fashion game recently? He doesn't really show up wearing really high-end designers often, but both Versace and Fendi in such close proximity? Dang...like, I know they're probably rented or sponsored items (as is usually the case for celebrities' public appearances), but still - dang....

(And, yes, that dance JW does on Knowing Bros never gets old ;))

• Like 2

And here I am with the girls' round of this Disney-Drama Character challenge!

Again, as with the guys, this one was tough to put together, albeit for different reasons. Where there weren't all that many songs/characters to choose for the guys to begin with, there are a ton of options for the girls - but once again, I found a number of repetitive tropes and character types. And since this time, many of the more recent Disney films have (like many of JW's dramas) featured strong, tough and determined female leads, I'm with @kireeti2 in saying that there are sometimes too many possible matches for any good one to float up to the surface :P 

So this time, I'm looking a little farther afield in hopes that we could also feature some supporting JW drama girls as well. I hope you guys enjoy!

Spoiler

Disney-Drama Character Associations: Round One (Girls)

If you've seen the musical theatre version of this, you already know the drill. But just in case you need a refresher, the question is simple: which female character from JW's dramas comes to your mind when you hear each song, and why?

Again: answers can be ANY female character (lead, supporting, random extras you could describe but can't name, etc.) from ANY of JW's dramas. The only rule here is that you can't name the same drama character twice ;) 

No right or wrong answers - in true Disney spirit, just let your imagination go wild! :partyblob:

1. "Almost There" from The Princess and the Frog

Disney character: Tiana

Context: While her mother wishes she could have a more carefree life socializing like other girls her age, Tiana is determined to continue working multiple part-time jobs in order to save enough money to one day fulfill her childhood dream of opening her own restaurant. And now that she's finally got enough to place a bid on the building she wants, that goal is within her grasp at last.

2. "My Lullaby" from The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride

Disney character: Zira

Context: As the matriarch of an exiled branch of the royal family, Zira decides to train up her young son, Kovu, to one day be able to claim the throne and restore their family line.

(Lyrics if you need them)

3. "Very Good Advice" from Alice in Wonderland (because, yes, after finishing Alice, I want to add a nod to this somewhere)

Disney character: Alice

Context: All her life, Alice has had little use for practical things, preferring to dwell in fantasies and daydreams. She got her chance to actually live out those dreams in Wonderland, but now, having found herself hopelessly lost in the woods, she realizes that imagination's not all that it's cracked up to be.

4. "Touch the Sky" from Brave (this was recommended to me by @kireeti2 a long time ago, and I'm finally getting around to including it)

Disney character: Merida

Context: Much to her mother's chagrin, Merida spends her morning doing the the things she loves best: horseback riding, archery practice, and exploring the forests and mountains around her family's castle.

5. "Strong" from Cinderella

Disney character: Cinderella (not her singing, but the song is about her)

Context: Despite growing up with an abusive stepmother and stepsisters, Cinderella is able to overcome her obstacles by retaining the kindness and spirit she learned from her birth mother. 

6. "Reflection" from Mulan

Disney character: Mulan

Context: Despite knowing that her family loves and cares for her unconditionally (especially her father), Mulan still worries that her inability to meet cultural expectations of femininity is letting them down. Yet, she also can't force herself to be something she's not.

7. "Baby Mine" from Dumbo

Disney character: Mrs. Jumbo (not her singing, but it's her point of view)

Context: After she fought back against people who were harassing her son (the titular Dumbo), Mrs. Jumbo was forcibly separated from him by the circus staff. But now, through the help of Dumbo's friend, mother and son get a chance to see each other in secret.

8. "Show Yourself" from Frozen 2

Disney character: Elsa

Context: After a long journey, Elsa reaches the source of the voice she has been hearing, believing that it could tell her why she was born with magical powers. There, she discovers that the answer lies in her mother's past.

• Blob 2

20 hours ago, kittyna said:

Kim Seo Won, not exactly the same situation though. But, these two character do have some kind of ambition to be financially independent and doesn't want to depend on anyone, like, they strong independent nature makes these two characters similar

Seo In Suk, not an ideally pick. But, she does come close to this musical character, where she wants her son to be brutal and successful at the same time and claim what she thinks his right.

3. "Very Good Advice" from Alice in Wonderland (because, yes, after finishing Alice, I want to add a nod to this somewhere)

Yoon Tae Yi(2020). She is not a day dreamer like the real Alice, but she does have her fantasy about time travel or about humans who are so advanced that they are able to hide their identity and live amongst them. So, just like musical she does gets involved with the time travel thing and gets to experience her fantasy

this was recommended to me by @kireeti2 a long time ago, and I'm finally getting around to including it)

I did ? Are you saying about the time when you asked me to choose a character from Joo won's drama and you'll choose musical for that character? I hope I would pick the same character I chose last time.

4. "Touch the Sky" from Brave (this was recommended to me by @kireeti2 a long time ago, and I'm finally getting around to including it)

Princess Hyemyung, just the Merida she is also a rebel and does things according to her terms and hated to be like a traditional lady and more over hates to live her life in order to get approval from others. I really hope I choose the similar character like last time

Oh Kyung Joo (Park Si-On's Mom): Not an ideal one but the one I could think of close to this musical. Despite being treated poorly by her husband she choose to accompany in his last days and she always there to look of Park Si-On even though it was at distance. So, her qualities do fit with this musical

Kim Do Yeon: I would have chosen Yoon Tae Yin here as well, but I couldn't because of the no repetition rule. Even though there was no culturally pressure on her, I choose her because of fearless nature like Mulan and her will to choose her own destiny.So, I choose her on the ground of similarity in  qualities

Park Sun Young(a.k.a Yoon Tae Yi from future): She is also in similar situation,like, she does get separated from her son, but it is permanent in nature and she always believed in her son that he will turn out to be good person and never let others get to him due to his unique personality (like, other kids calling him psycho). So, Mrs.Jumbo and Yoon Tae Yi loved their kids who were unique than from other kids of their age

Context: After a long journey, Elsa reaches the source of the voice she has been hearing, believing that it could tell her why she was born with magical powers. There, she discovers that the answer lies in her mother's past.

Han Yeo Jin: Just like Elsa found meaning of her life after chasing the voice, Han Yeo Jin also found a reason to stay alive and lead a meaningful life after meeting Kim Tae Hyun. On top of that, both these characters personality changes and accept themselves as they are and found love in the end.

I must say, this challenge for girl's round made me think differently(and enjoyed it) and also lots of names came up other than female leads from the drama. And also, its because you choose 2 musical characters who were not main leads, so this can partly be the reason for diversity in the answers

• Like 2

22 hours ago, kittyna said:

Seo In Suk, not an ideally pick. But, she does come close to this musical character, where she wants her son to be brutal and successful at the same time and claim what she thinks his right.

Well, she's also the closest I've gotten right now, so back to the drawing board for me, I guess :P 

I did ? Are you saying about the time when you asked me to choose a character from Joo won's drama and you'll choose musical for that character? I hope I would pick the same character I chose last time.

It was way back when I was just starting to develop this idea for music-themed challenges and that many of the ones I found were from Disney, and you were like, "Like that song from Brave" or something like that :P It's all fuzzy now (nor does it matter in the grand scheme of things), but it was a comment about a song from this film, and I assumed it was this one ;) 

Oh Kyung Joo (Park Si-On's Mom): Not an ideal one but the one I could think of close to this musical. Despite being treated poorly by her husband she choose to accompany in his last days and she always there to look of Park Si-On even though it was at distance. So, her qualities do fit with this musical

Aww...wasn't expecting this response, but that's so sweet :fullofhearts:(Not her situation, of course, but that innate kindness and goodwill and the strength that it implies ;))

Park Sun Young(a.k.a Yoon Tae Yi from future): She is also in similar situation,like, she does get separated from her son, but it is permanent in nature and she always believed in her son that he will turn out to be good person and never let others get to him due to his unique personality (like, other kids calling him psycho). So, Mrs.Jumbo and Yoon Tae Yi loved their kids who were unique than from other kids of their age

Double aww now :fullofhearts:

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that Park Sun Young is one of the best K-drama moms, period? Like, she had to raise her son under such insurmountable odds, but not only did she manage to have him survive, she also managed to bring him up to be a good person despite the curse. :approves:

Han Yeo Jin: Just like Elsa found meaning of her life after chasing the voice, Han Yeo Jin also found a reason to stay alive and lead a meaningful life after meeting Kim Tae Hyun. On top of that, both these characters personality changes and accept themselves as they are and found love in the end.

I didn't expect to see Han Yeo Jin here, but I see where you're going with her :) 

Question: why does JW look younger here than in his get-up as a teenage Jin Gyeom?

JW and Lee Si Young at the gym

I must say, this challenge for girl's round made me think differently(and enjoyed it) and also lots of names came up other than female leads from the drama. And also, its because you choose 2 musical characters who were not main leads, so this can partly be the reason for diversity in the answers

Glad you liked it :) I'll come back with my own answers later.

[EDIT]

Kim Do Yeon: I would have chosen Yoon Tae Yin here as well, but I couldn't because of the no repetition rule. Even though there was no culturally pressure on her, I choose her because of fearless nature like Mulan and her will to choose her own destiny.So, I choose her on the ground of similarity in  qualities

Didn't get around to responding to this earlier :P 

I actually really like this response, since when you think about it, Do Yeon's parents do want her to settle down and (potentially) get married - and they're prepared to start setting her up with someone if she doesn't do so on her own. The problem is that she's only interested in Jin Gyeom: her dad never liked him much to begin with, and it seems that while her mom approves of their friendship (because it makes Do Yeon come off as a nice girl), she doesn't see Jin Gyeom as good boyfriend/husband material for her daughter.

But, like Mulan, Do Yeon's just gonna keep doing her own thing ;) 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kittyna said:

so back to the drawing board for me, I guess

Sorry :bawling:

16 minutes ago, kittyna said:

It was way back when I was just starting to develop this idea for music-themed challenges and that many of the ones I found were from Disney, and you were like, "Like that song from Brave" or something like that :P It's all fuzzy now (nor does it matter in the grand scheme of things), but it was a comment about a song from this film, and I assumed it was this one

Ah, I do remember it vaguely, I think I made a reference towards Brave heart musical

17 minutes ago, kittyna said:

I  think it's because of lights on set and make up, and also hair-style is major difference between PJG and the Knowing Bro show Joo won

18 minutes ago, kittyna said:

JW and Lee Si Young at the gym

Lol, Si Young looks like trainer to him. I think she is veteran when it comes to gym, since she is doing it before Joo won started

20 minutes ago, kittyna said:

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that Park Sun Young is one of the best K-drama moms, period? Like, she had to raise her son under such insurmountable odds, but not only did she manage to have him survive, she also managed to bring him up to be a good person despite the curse. 

I think it's because of kim Hee Sun, she is really good at playing as protective mom, her acting "Angry Mom" was also excellent

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I  think it's because of lights on set and make up, and also hair-style is major difference between PJG and the Knowing Bro show Joo won

Yeah - it's definitely a mixture of all those factors, as well as the fact that JW's actually smiling. He's not all that baby-faced to begin with, but he does end up looking younger or more innocent when he smiles. :) 

And I'm also here with my own answers to the Disney-Drama Character challenge:

Disney character: Tiana

There are a number of these hard-working career-focused girls in JW's dramas, but right now, in terms of just a general vibe, I find myself thinking of Cha Soo Young from Ojakgyo Brothers. She seems to have that same feel of a person with a spunky determination and clear-set career goals while still being just a little bit girly (whereas, by point of contrast, I see many of the other such career-focused girls in JW's dramas like Kim Seo Won or Cha Yoon Seo as more tomboyish).

Disney character: Zira

Geez...I really just went around in circles with this one, because most of the JW drama moms just wouldn't do or think something like this :headbang: Like, there's Seo In Sook (obviously), but there isn't really another mom in these dramas who'd try to live vicariously through her kids by encouraging them to use unscrupulous means to get ahead. BUT! What if, rather than thinking about the actual drama moms, I considered what some of the younger girls might be like if they became parents themselves? Like, a sequel sort of scenario, where one of the younger female characters became bitter and resentful (or were to begin with) because she believed her rightful place was stolen from her by someone else? Someone who wouldn't mature past this point, such that it affects how she raises her kids? Well, in that case, I can think of someone who might turn out that way: Jung Da Yeon from My Sassy Girl. So let's just go with that ;) 

3. "Very Good Advice" from Alice in Wonderland 

Disney character: Alice

I think I'm going to choose Seol Nae Il here, because this is the same sort of journey that she undergoes in Nae Il's Cantabile. When we first see Nae Il, she's almost not fully present in our world, preferring to live in this idealized fantasy inside her head - and we see her pushing back hard against any attempts (even from those who care for her, like Cha Yoo Jin) to take her life and her studies more seriously. However, she does eventually realize that she has to grow up if she's ever going to achieve her dreams - even if it scares her.

4. "Touch the Sky" from Brave 

Disney character: Merida

It's not a literal parallel, but if I were to just think of a girl who's a tomboy (especially in the "one of the guys" sort of way) and who devotes almost all of her time and passion into pursuing her main interest - becoming damn good at it as a result - I end up with Jung Si Won from Nae Il's Cantabile. Yes, it's true that she does end up dating Yoo Il Rak by the end, but that's because she knows he likes her as she is and wouldn't push her to change; anyone else would be a no-go. ;) 

Disney character: Cinderella 

Here, I knew right off the bat that I wanted to pick a female character who looks unassuming or even passive, but for whom her loving kindness is her greatest strength (i.e. the "Hufflepuff" sort of personality). And that led me in a rather interesting direction: Park Sun Young/2050-Yoon Tae Yi from Alice. Lord knows how many times she tried and failed to raise Jin Gyeom into the good person he becomes, but she never wavers in her approach, believing that sooner or later, her love and care for him will manage to stick such that he could grow to break the cycle. And, with "our" Jin Gyeom, it finally does :) 

Disney character: Mulan

lol - Yoon Tae Yi did cross my mind as well (I guess the whole "same face, different personality" thing was just too tempting), but I've already saved her for a later prompt down below ;) So, with that in mind, maybe I could go with the simpler concept of a girl who is expected by just about everyone to be soft and feminine, but who very definitely isn't. Like, it's not like she can't be girly if she has to, but it's not how she's most comfortable. Given that, even though it's not really anything groundbreaking, I'm going to say Hye Myung from My Sassy Girl here. 

Disney character: Mrs. Jumbo

So I did also think of Park Sun Young at first (for obvious reasons), but since I also thought of her for #5, I wanted to go with someone different here. There are a number of moms in JW's dramas who could fit here in terms of their desire to comfort their children and stay by their side...I think I'll choose Kim Tae Hyun's mother (who is unnamed) in Yong Pal. Specifically, I think back to the dream that Tae Hyun has after he passes out inside the nuclear reactor in Episode 4, where he is able to step aside - just for a moment - from his role of the protective older brother and breadwinner to just be his mom's precious baby boy again. :criesariver:

Here, I wound up thinking of 2020-Yoon Tae Yi. Even though the actual circumstances are vastly different, I personally think that the fact that Elsa's mother is the one who guides her to understand and accept the purpose in her life closely mirrors how Tae Yi learns that same lesson from both her adoptive mother and her 2050 counterpart (who she believed was her biological mother). She was protective of Jin Gyeom for a while already, but it's really after those points (i.e. during the Episode 14-16 arc) that she ends up really coming into her own as his "mother".

• Insightful 2

6 hours ago, kittyna said:

I end up with Jung Si Won from Nae Il's Cantabile.

I really like this one:approves:, since she often pressurized to act like lady like by her peers and her family. But just like the protagonist in Brave, she does successfully resists those pressures and does what she wants

Jung Da Yeon from My Sassy Girl. So let's just go with that ;) 

It is a bit of a stretch, but I can imagine her to take her revenge after findings a mutual enemy against the main leads and she might even use marriage as an mutual transaction to take revenge on them

just for a moment - from his role of the protective older brother and breadwinner to just be his mom's precious baby boy again. 

:cries: Yeah, we actually get  to see her mom only in flashbacks. And also, I think she was a strong mother who was able to raise two kids all by herself with whatever little resources she had and managed to send one to medical school.

Hmm, Joo won seems to be celebrating for some occasion. And also, it is hard to find who uploaded this video.

• Like 2