Joo Won 주원 [Current Drama 2024 - The Midnight Studio/ 야한(夜限) 사진관]

flutterby06

Wow - you were quick to respond this time, @kireeti2 :) I really liked a lot of your answers this time - and I guess the onus is on me now to think outside the box for some of the more "obvious" ones.

36 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Nae-il and Cha Yoo Jin

Can I just say that I literally just re-listened to the song again with this in mind...and completely lost it? :lol: Oh, wow - I can definitely see that happening!

By the way, my own answer does involve Nae Il, but not Yoo Jin. More on that when I actually have the time to write out my full response (it's late for me right now and I want sleep :P)

37 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

Park Si-On, he is like always after his seniors for advice like from professional to personal

This one isnso obvious. "Kimura Shinji"

Lee Kang To and Mok Dan

These three are the ones that I'll have to rethink, since that's where my mind went, too. So we'll have to see ;) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

Wow - you were quick to respond this time, @kireeti2 :) I really liked a lot of your answers this time - and I guess the onus is on me now to think outside the box for some of the more "obvious" ones.

Yeah- I woke up early today so I had time to respond promptly and also, since this is my fourth or fifth time to participate in this musical thing, I sort of became pro in this and also I was afraid I might forget my choice, that's why I replied quickly :tongue:

1 hour ago, kittyna said:

I really liked a lot of your answers this time - and I guess the onus is on me now to think outside the box for some of the more "obvious" ones.

I must confess, while typing my choices, I was thinking this is the worst choices I had picked up so far. It was like, I had put least effort to pick the characters compared to my :sweat_smile:previous choices

2 hours ago, kittyna said:

I want sleep

Yeah- I heard sleep is important too :tounge_xd:

• Like 2

We finally have an English-subbed version of JW's compliment video!

Part One

Part Two

Part Three

By the way, now that I know what the cards actually say (I did hear the "gyeran" one and was like, "What's this about eggs now?"), I have to say that yes, they are creative...but they also all sound like they'd be really creepy pick-up lines in real life.

Or maybe I just don't understand this aspect of Hallyu fan culture. *shrugs*

Secondly, I did notice the currently really popular child actor, Moon Woo Jin, at the Alice script-reading, and I was curious about who he would play in this drama. Turns out, according to his Instagram, he's mini-Jin Gyeom! (Here's the comparison, if anyone wants it)

7 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I must confess, while typing my choices, I was thinking this is the worst choices I had picked up so far. It was like, I had put least effort to pick the characters compared to my :sweat_smile:previous choices

Well, then, I hope you'll forgive the occasional duplicate in my own version - which I'll get to in a future post ;) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kittyna said:

By the way, now that I know what the cards actually say (I did hear the "gyeran" one and was like, "What's this about eggs now?"), I have to say that yes, they are creative...but they also all sound like they'd be really creepy pick-up lines in real life.

Or maybe I just don't understand this aspect of Hallyu fan culture. *shrugs*

To be honest, I was able to understand only the dimple compliment. Other compliments went over my head and subtitles didn't help much either. Like, it sort of felt like an insider compliments where only a south Korean fan can relate or understand:sweat_smile:

3 hours ago, kittyna said:

Well, then, I hope you'll forgive the occasional duplicate in my own version - which I'll get to in a future post ;) 

Lol. I am the one that should be apologizing for not mentioning reasons behind my choices :joy:

• Like 2

So here I am with my responses to Group Three in my Musical/Drama Character Challenge.

Spoiler

1. "The Plagues" from The Prince of Egypt

Okay, this one was a total shoo-in; I tried to think of something different from Lee Kang To and Kimura Shunji from Gaksital, but honestly, I couldn't. There are simply too many similarities and parallels here. First of all, Gaksital is the only one out of JW's dramas so far that matches The Prince of Egypt in terms of scale and the level of stakes involved (maybe Alice will as well, but we're not there yet). But also, if you look at the stories in their entirety, Lee Kang To inhabits a similar in-between position that Moses does: a Korean who starts off trying to fit in with the Japanese before slowly growing more sympathetic to his people's plight and ultimately fighting for them. On the flip side, we see with Kimura Shunji the same "light to darkness" downward spiral that Ramses goes through: starting off with good intentions, but making increasingly amoral choices in response to pressure from his own side.

So...yeah: a duplicate answer this time, but I like to think it's a jewel of one ;) 

2. "No Matter What" from Beauty and the Beast

Here, I could think of a couple possible father-daughter pairs this could work for, but I think I'm going to settle for Baek In Ho and Baek Ja Eun from Ojakgyo Brothers. Even though Ja Eun is not quite as "different" from the norm as Belle is, she's also a strong, outspoken personality - and a total daddy's girl :) She barely remembers her birth mother, and was never close with any of her stepmothers, so her father's always been the constant in her life. And I can see that in In Ho's views towards his daughter as well: that she's the one thing that keeps him going through all the hardships they've faced.

3. "What is this Feeling?" from Wicked

I, like @kireeti2, also thought of the A/S divide in Nae Il's Cantabile - however, I tried to stick with two girls in my response. So here, I'm gonna go with Chae Do Kyung and Seol Nae Il (although you can easily sub in Choi Min Hee in Nae Il's shoes if you want - I kinda went back and forth between them). Even though I hint at things getting better between them in my fics, that's purely a product of my own imagination: in the drama, Do Kyung and Nae Il just clash completely, in much the same way that we see here. So Do Kyung, who's the more popular one, thinks Nae Il is both weird and generally not worth her (or Yoo Jin's) attention, while Nae Il thinks that Do Kyung's an airhead at best and a fox at worst. Yeah...that's not gonna end well, is it?

(Spoiler: in Wicked, the two girls end up forming an unlikely friendship because Galinda ends up feeling guilty for bullying Elphaba after a while; but my focus here is just on this one song.)

4. "Aaron Burr, Sir" from Hamilton

Again, Park Si On and, well, any of his sunbaes (although my mind mostly went to Professor Kim Do Han and Department Chief Go) would work well here. However, just for the sake of doing something different, I'm offering up my second/back-up choice: Kim Tae Hyun and Park Tae Yong (the senior resident who always picks on Tae Hyun) from Yong Pal. Here, my focus is on their different approaches to the corruption and nepotism at the hospital: Tae Hyun is passionately against it and would say so openly if he could (in fact, his "moneybug" persona is a really passive-aggressive satire/parody of what's expected of him at Hanshin), whereas Tae Yong genuinely believes that just keeping a low profile and following the rules is the best way to get ahead as a doctor. 

5. "Look with Your Heart" from Love Never Dies 

Here, I actually wound up thinking of Yang Sun Young and the younger Cha Yoo Jin from Nae Il's Cantabile (actually, you'll see a ton of references to this drama today - no particular reason, just how things panned out). Even though we know she wasn't always physically around for Yoo Jin when he was little, I could see her being his main emotional support whenever she was available. Also, it is implied that Yoo Jin's more emotional side (buried deep down though it is) came from his mom.

6. "What Do You Know About Love?" from Frozen

Okay, Seol Nae Il is the obvious choice here for Anna's role, but even though Anna and Kristoff do end up together (this song being the classic rom-com "meet cute"), I actually wouldn't go with Cha Yoo Jin here, because I have a really hard time envisioning Nae Il gushing to him about another guy. Like, that's just never gonna happen :P So, instead, I'm drawing on the moments in the first few episodes when Nae Il gushes about Yoo Jin to Yoo Il Rak and he's just like, "Whaaaa???" because she's literally that obsessed with a guy she's just met (and who has yet to reciprocate her feelings).

Seriously, go back and imagine Nae Il describing Yoo Jin to someone else - she'd literally use the exact same words ;) 

7. "Someday" from The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Again, like @kireeti2, I did consider Oh Mok Dan and Lee Kang To as an option. However, this time, I do have a backup as well: Han Yeo Jin and Kim Tae Hyun from Yong Pal. Here, I'm thinking of the final episodes of the drama, after Yeo Jin has finally learned the foolishness of trying to fight for wealth and power, but when she also believes it's too late for her because of her ill health. 

8. "Stop the World" from Come From Away

This is actually where I wound up thinking of Yoo Il Rak and Jung Si Won from Nae Il's Cantabile: more specifically after Si Won finds out she's qualified to study abroad in Vienna, and their relationship and feelings for each other are thrown into question. They both clearly have feelings for each other (and Il Rak is just as adorably awkward as Nick is in this song), but at the same time, their relationship is still new enough that they're not sure whether it would be better to maintain a long-distance relationship or just cut their losses and break up. Fortunately for both couples (Nick + Diane, and Il Rak + Si Won), they end up choosing the long-distance route ;) 

So, originally, I only planned for these three rounds we've done so far. However, I did end up getting an idea for a possible (and maybe more challenging) fourth group - so stay tuned for that!

• Like 2

Autograph cards shared by JW's fans

Looking at these closely, I noticed a few things:

1. The large symbol and his name are two different things - and I still can't decipher it :P 
  2. Whenever possible, JW includes some variation of "I love you" on the autograph. So, I can make out "I love you" (obviously), "saranghaeyo" and what I think is "saranghamnida". (I can also point out that JW's not the only actor with some sort of standard catchphrase - Park Bo Gum almost always includes "God Bless U", for example.)
  3. Maybe I'm just stuck on a stereotype, but JW's handwriting is surprisingly rounded(?) for a guy's, especially in English. It's like...I can almost hear his aegyo tone coming out in his writing, if that makes any sense.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Maybe it's just my imagination, but JW's handwriting is quite rounded(?) for a guy, especially in English. It's like...I can almost hear his aegyo tone coming out in his writing, if that makes any sense.

Of course his handwriting is excellent, he was an ace student in high school and also in university:blush:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kireeti2 said:

Of course his handwriting is excellent, he was an ace student in high school and also in university

lol - Good marks and neat handwriting don't always go hand-in-hand ;) Not unless your school gives out grades for penmanship, that is. And at least here in Toronto...they don't. 

So, for example, some people can be really book-smart but have terrible handwriting (doctors, anyone?), because they literally think way too quickly for their hands to keep up, are generally clumsy with poor hand-eye coordination, etc.

Which makes me wonder: JW's real handwriting aside, which of his characters do you think would have the best penmanship, and which would have the worst?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kittyna said:

have terrible handwriting (doctors, anyone?)

Well, I heard once they join medical school their handwriting sort of deteriorates, like they have write tons of papers and also draw diagrams. But in India we have another extra reason for doctor's bad handwriting, it is mostly done so that only pharamcist can understand the prescription.

11 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Good marks and neat handwriting don't always go hand-in-hand ;)

I heard that too, but there are exceptions. Not everyone with bad writing get good grades:wink:

30 minutes ago, kittyna said:

because they literally think way too quickly for their hands to keep up, are generally clumsy with poor hand-eye coordination, etc.

By this logic every toddler in the world is thinking fast, since they too have bad handwriting. :wink: Maybe, we should let toddlers start med school when they have messy handwriting, since they thikkng power is high at that age and then we can have enough doctors in every country.

34 minutes ago, kittyna said:

JW's real handwriting aside, which of his characters do you think would have the best penmanship, and which would have the worst?

I think park si on will have best handwriting, since he is a perfectionist and I am not going with popular opinion that smart and intelligent people have bad handwriting

And cha Yoo Jin will have worst handwriting because he lacks patience and he'll rather finish any writing work he has and get back to his music practice (I also heard that  lack of patience and bad time management will also lead to bad handwriting):wink:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

But in India we have another extra reason for doctor's bad handwriting, it is mostly done so that only pharamcist can understand the prescription.

Really? Because I've heard of accidents happening where pharmacists mistakenly give out the wrong medication because they misread the doctor's writing. 

I think park si on will have best handwriting, since he is a perfectionist and I am not going with popular opinion that smart and intelligent people have bad handwriting

lol - I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Park Si On would have neat handwriting! I actually think he'd be the sort of person everyone would assume had messy writing (not because of his intelligence, but because of his autism and general clumsiness), and then they end up blown away when they actually see it. He's supposed to have a very strong spatial intelligence, so even if he struggles to figure out what to write (because it's hard for him to put his thoughts into words), it should end up looking really neat and tidy.

And cha Yoo Jin will have worst handwriting because he lacks patience and he'll rather finish any writing work he has and get back to his music practice (I also heard that  lack of patience and bad time management will also lead to bad handwriting)

And...this is where I disagree ;) I don't think Yoo Jin's got the nicest handwriting out of JW's drama characters, but I still think he'd be among the better ones - because I think his parents (or at least his father) would have required him to have good penmanship. Like, have you ever seen the parent who makes their child erase their homework and do it again even when they got the right answer because it wasn't "neat" enough? Yeah, like that :P And by the time we see him as an adult, when it doesn't really matter anymore, he's already become used to it - although I can see it getting a bit messier if he's in a rush, it's still generally neat.

That's actually one of the most fascinating things about Cha Yoo Jin as a character, at least from my fic-writing perspective: just how much of what we see of him is his innate personality, and how much was actually learned behaviour? So, for instance, I think that, as a kid, he'd be like what you describe, @kireeti2 - completely absorbed in his own private musical world, and actually more emotional than rational in terms of temperament. He is, however, also rather cautious (read: shy) and that lends itself well to developing a more fastidious character as he grows up. As for his "stick in the mud" side...that's almost certainly drilled into him by his father than an innate personality trait; we see that it's his father who told him over and over again not to show his heart, which implies that he actually did at first.

So...who do I think has the best and worst handwriting, respectively?

Best - Gyun Woo - Because he's actually from a point in time when penmanship would matter, and he also would be the type who'd take his time to make sure his work's neat and organized.

Worst - Either Han Gil Ro or Kim Tae Hyun - Han Gil Ro, because he really wouldn't care what his writing looks like (and he's more a computer/digital person anyway); and Kim Tae Hyun, because he's more a man of action who just focuses on getting the job done (i.e. "So long as it's legible, who cares how it looks?")

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Best - Gyun Woo

Huh? But he is a intelligent person,shouldn't he have a bad handwriting? :tongue:

34 minutes ago, kittyna said:

pharmacists mistakenly give out the wrong medication because they misread the doctor's writing. 

Accidents happen when pharmacist is not qualified to sell set up a medical shop. It has more to do one's medically knowledge than misreading the prescription

38 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Worst - Either Han Gil Ro or Kim Tae Hyun -

I can agree with Kim Tae Hyun, due to his profession and intelligence level he would have messy handwriting. But, I don't think Han Gil Ro will have messy handwriting because I am pretty sure academically he is weak and not a bright person(maybe street smart), popular opinion suggest he should have excellent handwriting because he thinks slowly and has plenty of time to write, hence, good handwriting. :wink:

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

But, I don't think Han Gil Ro will have messy handwriting because I am pretty sure academically he is weak and not a bright person(maybe street smart), popular opinion suggest he should have excellent handwriting because he thinks slowly and has plenty of time to write, hence, good handwriting. :wink:

For Han Gil Ro, I think it comes down to a very 21st century phenomenon: deteriorating penmanship due to increased computer use ;) Since he grew up in a wealthy household, he probably had access to a computer at a very young age, and we do see in the first episode (when both he and Kim Seo Won happen to attend the same class) that he types his notes on a tablet rather than writing them out by hand.

(Not that taking notes by hand will lead to neat writing - in fact, based on personal experience, it's the opposite, as I remember literally scrambling to write down what the teachers are saying :P)

By the way, all this talk on intelligence (or lack thereof) reminds me of the Multiple Intelligences Theory:

9-types-of-intelligence-infographic.png

Which, again, makes me wonder: for each of JW's drama characters, which would be their strongest and weakest intelligences?

And, moving on to other things, someone tried to construct a timeline based on what we know of Alice so far. It's in Japanese, so I can only make out the kanji (the Chinese characters), but I think we can piece together more of what happened to Park Jin Gyeom in high school: I see something about a "young girl's suicide".

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, kittyna said:

for each of JW's drama characters, which would be their strongest and weakest intelligences?

Interesting question. But, it is sort of easy for us to identify strongest  type of intelligence for Joo won's characters has. I sort of see all the  joo won's characters lacks these four intelligence

1 Intra-personal

2 existential

3 interpersonal

4 linguistic(Gyun woo is an exception)

I think Gu Ma jun lacks most of the intelligence, like, I think the only intelligence he has logical mathematical, since he tried to use the lab techniques and theoretical books for baking bread:tongue:

For Han Gil Ro, I think it comes down to a very 21st century phenomenon: deteriorating penmanship due to increased computer use ;) Since he grew up in a wealthy household, he probably had access to a computer at a very young age, and we do see in the first episode

Point taken!:thumbsup:

Not that taking notes by hand will lead to neat writing - in fact, based on personal experience, it's the opposite, as I remember literally scrambling to write down what the teachers are saying

Same here, I too struggle to write with my hand after typing on laptop, my hand feels like it literally is on fire, like there is this burning sensation on my fingers:bawling:

• Like 2

8 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Interesting question. But, it is sort of easy for us to identify strongest  type of intelligence for Joo won's characters has. I sort of see all the  joo won's characters lacks these four intelligence

1 Intra-personal

2 existential

3 interpersonal

4 linguistic(Gyun woo is an exception)

I think Gu Ma jun lacks most of the intelligence, like, I think the only intelligence he has logical mathematical, since he tried to use the lab techniques and theoretical books for baking bread:tongue:

Interesting take - I'm with you in thinking that Gyun Woo has particularly strong linguistic intelligence out of the characters (not only does he learn languages easily, but he's also very articulate in both speech and writing).

Given that, allow me to give it a shot.

Gu Ma Jun

Strongest: Logical-mathematical (he's very academic/by-the-book in his approach to baking, and uses something akin to the scientific method in developing his own recipes for the competition)

Weakest: Intra-personal (most of his flawed interactions with others actually stem from an inability to understand himself and his own thoughts/feelings - the less peace he is at with himself, the more likely he is to snap at other people)

Hwang Tae Hui

Strongest: Naturalist OR Bodily-kinesthetic (he's a very observant person - a key trait for a detective - but I put Naturalist rather than Logical-mathematical because he's more street-smart/reactive in the moment than academically smart; as for Bodily-kinesthetic, he's naturally athletic, with great reflexes)

Weakest: Intra-personal OR Linguistic (he's far more in-tune with his outside surroundings than what's going on in his head, and he struggles to put his thoughts into words - most attempts come out sounding really awkward)

Lee Kang To

Strongest: Bodily-kinesthetic (he's definitely a man of action, and he is arguably the most agile out of all of JW's drama characters, with the best reflexes to boot)

Weakest: Existential (for most of the drama, it seems that it's not so much that Kang To doesn't care about these bigger questions in life - he does have to tackle them constantly - but that once it goes beyond his immediate circle, he genuinely doesn't get why people are fighting for something as abstract as Korean independence.)

Han Gil Ro

Strongest: Bodily-kinesthetic OR Spatial (a bit hard to pin down here, but Gil Ro is definitely a kinesthetic learner - i.e., he learns best by doing rather than by listening or reading - and I'd also argue that he's got a strong imagination that allows him to "visualize" his next move)

Weakest: Inter-personal (while he is social and outgoing - and thus has no problem in everyday interactions - he's really bad at actually reading people, and that's the toughest challenge he faces as an NIS agent)

Park Si On

Strongest: Logical-mathematical OR Spatial (these are both explicitly mentioned in the drama, so I think I can leave it at that ;))

Weakest: Inter-personal OR Linguistic (generally speaking, Si On struggles with social interactions and expressing his thoughts to others, which suggests that both of these are his weak spots and it's hard to tell which one is weaker.)

Cha Yoo Jin

Strongest: Musical (not just because he's a musician - you can be a musician and have your strongest intelligence elsewhere - but because he seems literally to process his world through sound and rhythm. Yoo Jin's also one of the rare musicians to actually have absolute perfect pitch, where he could identify a single note without any context - even Nae Il can't do that, and she actually learns by ear :P.)

Weakest: Inter-personal (due to several factors - his PTSD/anxiety, his upbringing, his being raised to become a solo pianist - Yoo Jin struggles to communicate and work well with others. However, unlike with Park Si On above, it's clearly a lack on the inter-personal rather than the linguistic side of things: Yoo Jin can definitely express himself, but it's the manner in which he does so that's lacking)

Kim Tae Hyun

Strongest: Naturalist OR Bodily-kinesthetic (generally athletic and highly skilled with his hands, he's also great at improvising solutions from his surroundings, no matter how rich or lacking in resources they are)

Weakest: Musical (going out on a limb here, because Tae Hyun's...pretty well-rounded, actually. So I'm going with the one intelligence we don't see any evidence for in Yong Pal :P)

Gyun Woo

Strongest: Linguistic (he's the classic academic, who's both book-learned and highly astute at communicating his thoughts and ideas in both speech - his mini-lecture at 9/10 years old! - and writing - his pamphlet from that same age)

Weakest: Bodily-kinesthetic (again, Gyun Woo's decently well-rounded, but from what we see in the drama, he's not the most coordinated person out there :P He's definitely not as good as the actual "warrior" types in combat, and even Hye Myung teases him for being a slow/awkward runner.)

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

So, I said a few days ago that, while working on the past Musical/Drama Character Challenges, the idea started to form in my head for a fourth (and final) round. Well, here it is!

This time, the focus is on all the supporting characters (i.e. everyone outside the first/second leads). Will that be easier for you - or harder?

Spoiler

Musical/Drama Character Challenge: Supporting Cast

Listen to each of these musical theatre numbers, and answer the question: which Supporting Characters from JW's dramas does this remind me of, and why?

Now, I realize that who actually counts as a "supporting character" is a bit harder to define, so let me just set the boundaries as such: "supporting characters" will be anyone who is not the first or second male/female lead in their drama. However, for the two "ensemble-style" dramas, Nae Il's Cantabile and Ojakgyo Brothers, the only rule is that you cannot use Cha Yoo Jin, Seol Nae Il, Hwang Tae Hui, or Baek Ja Eun. Everyone else is fair game ;) 

Also, since supporting characters in musicals don't get solos nearly as often as the main leads, some of the songs here will be larger ensemble pieces. So, pay attention to which musical character(s) I am specifically asking for in each song.

Again, there are no right or wrong answers here - my hope is to accumulate as many different possibilities as I can :)  Also, as with the previous round, you are free to answer for as many or as few prompts as you want :)

So good luck - and have fun!

1. "Prima Donna" from The Phantom of the Opera (Lyrics)

Musical character: Carlotta

Context: The staff and members of the Paris Opera scramble to appease their main soprano when a relative newcomer appears to be more popular than she is.

2. "You'll Be Back" from Hamilton (Lyrics)

Musical character: King George III

Context: The British king pleads with his American colonists not to rebel against him - and when being nice doesn't work, he starts to come a little unhinged....

3. "The Schuyler Sisters" from Hamilton - yes, I'm doing two from the same show 

Musical character: Angelica

Context: Angelica, the oldest daughter of a wealthy family, visits the university campus with her younger sisters. The male students think she's there to flirt - but actually....

In addition to the lyrics video, here's an excerpt of the song from a live performance.

4. "Anybody Have a Map?" from Dear Evan Hansen

Musical character: Heidi OR Cynthia (you can choose either one - just specify which you're referring to in your answer)

Context: It's the first day of school, and in two different households, the mothers wonder how best to reach out to their troubled teenage sons: Heidi's son (Evan) suffers from severe anxiety; and Cynthia's son (Connor) is an all-around rebel.

5. "Through Heaven's Eyes" from The Prince of Egypt (Lyrics)

Musical character: Jethro

Context: After Moses runs away from Egypt at a low point in his life, he is taken in by a nomadic desert tribe whose patriarch, Jethro, guides him towards a new perspective.

6. "The Life I Lead" from Mary Poppins

Musical character: George Banks

Context: As the father in a traditional upper-middle-class British household, George expects everything to be run with precision and in accordance with strictly defined rules and boundaries - and he expects his wife, his children, and the household staff to follow suit. (Oh, and by the way, yes, his wife is totally being sarcastic at the end - she's secretly a suffragette ;))

7. "Gaston" from Beauty and the Beast

Musical character: Lefou

Context: Two words - extreme fanboy.

8. "Blankets and Bedding" from Come From Away

Musical character: Beulah

Context: Upon receiving news that planes originally headed for the eastern US will be diverted to the small town of Gander, Newfoundland, Beulah (a schoolteacher) works alongside the rest of the community to convert the school into an emergency dorm for the stranded passengers.

And again, just because I can, here's a live performance video. Also, I can point out (as a fellow Canadian) that "Shoppers" is a reference to Shoppers Drug Mart, a common pharmacy chain here.

And...that's the last of them. Thank-you to those who have been participating in this challenge - and for those who have just been reading and listening, I hope you've enjoyed it :) 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, kittyna said:

1. "Prima Donna" from The Phantom of the Opera 

Choi Min-Hee

38 minutes ago, kittyna said:

2. "You'll Be Back" from Hamilton 

Shim Kab-Nyeon for Ojakgyo Brothers

3. "The Schuyler Sisters" from Hamilton

Yoon Tae Yeon from Alice. We don't know anything about this character except the synopsis, but we know that detectives in with Joo won were sort of distracted by her, so I think her character might be used in the way to extract information by flirting with other detectives

46 minutes ago, kittyna said:

4. "Anybody Have a Map?" from Dear Evan Hansen

Hwang Tae-hee and Hwang Tae-pil (Hawng Tae Hee is not lead in the Ojakgyo brothers, so I think his choice is valid)

47 minutes ago, kittyna said:

5. "Through Heaven's Eyes" from The Prince of Egypt

Go Hyeon-Seok from Alice, we know that a detective take in Par Jin Gyeom, after his mother dies, so I think this is him or even if he is not that detective, he sort of strikes me as a guy who guides Park Jin-Gyeom in the series

50 minutes ago, kittyna said:

6. "The Life I Lead" from Mary Poppins

Cha Dong-Woo

52 minutes ago, kittyna said:

7. "Gaston" from Beauty and the Beast

Ma Soo-Min, occasionally he does criticize Cha Yoo-jin, but overall he fits the character

56 minutes ago, kittyna said:

8. "Blankets and Bedding" from Come From Away

Head Nurse (Oh Na-Ra)

• Like 2

@kireeti2 - The challenge of this round is that it's not one you can rush - you need to look carefully to see who I'm actually asking about ;) 

Case in point:

Hwang Tae-hee and Hwang Tae-pil (Hawng Tae Hee is not lead in the Ojakgyo brothers, so I think his choice is valid)

Can I assume you mean Park Bok Ja, then? (Hint: the prompt is for the moms rather than their sons)

Shim Kab-Nyeon for Ojakgyo Brothers

lol - really??? I wasn't expecting this for an answer, and now I'm dying of curiosity as to why. :please:

Head Nurse (Oh Na-Ra)

Can I just say that I love this particular choice? Some of the others (6, 7) were meant to have easy answers, but I hadn't thought of her here, and I actually really like it :approves:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, kittyna said:

Can I assume you mean Park Bok Ja, then? (Hint: the prompt is for the moms rather than their sons)

Oh, in that case yes its Park Bok-Ja. Since Ojakhyo Brothers is the only joo won drama where he at least get to know about school life of the characters in the series. Other drams don't even mention the school life, I think, I will also choose "Park Sun Young" from Alice, for the teenage kid who is shy and anxious, and on second thought, I will also choose Park Si-on's Mom, but she left before he could start schooling, so I guess it is just a hypothetical scenario to choose her

21 minutes ago, kittyna said:

lol - really??? I wasn't expecting this for an answer, and now I'm dying of curiosity as to why. 

The way she pleads. Have you observed it? First she tries to talk like a sweet old grandma to get what she wants and then she changes her tone to an authoritarian old lady if the former tone doesn't work. Example: The way she behaves towards Baek Ja-Eun

43 minutes ago, kittyna said:

The challenge of this round is that it's not one you can rush - you need to look carefully to see who I'm actually asking about

I hope my rest of the choices were in line with the musical character, I mean, Do they fit the description ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kittyna said:

lol - really??? I wasn't expecting this for an answer, and now I'm dying of curiosity as to why. 

It almost felt like less of curious tone and more like taunting my choice. It like implicitly asking "What stupid reason you had to choose this character?" and emoji sort of makes it obvious:tounge_xd:

I too feel like there is no similarities between the drama character and musical character, but I went with me gut feelingB)

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, kireeti2 said:

It almost felt like less of curious tone and more like taunting my choice. It like implicitly asking "What stupid reason you had to choose this character?" and emoji sort of makes it obvious

No, I was just genuinely surprised - first, because it took me a while to recognize the grandmother's name, and secondly, because the musical character (King George III) is one of the villains in his original context, so I was just like, "Wait, what?"

By the way, that emoji is supposed to mean "Please", like I'm asking or begging for something (at least, according to the menu), so....

6 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

I hope my rest of the choices were in line with the musical character, I mean, Do they fit the description ?

I think the only other one that surprised me was Choi Min Hee, because while she has Carlotta's sass, she doesn't have the ego. But again, I recognize that I'm coming into this with a stronger knowledge of the musical characters, so it's not fair to hold anyone's answers to that.

6 hours ago, kireeti2 said:

Oh, in that case yes its Park Bok-Ja. Since Ojakhyo Brothers is the only joo won drama where he at least get to know about school life of the characters in the series. Other drams don't even mention the school life, I think, I will also choose "Park Sun Young" from Alice, for the teenage kid who is shy and anxious, and on second thought, I will also choose Park Si-on's Mom, but she left before he could start schooling, so I guess it is just a hypothetical scenario to choose her

Okay, then :) 

And speaking of Alice, we've got new posters! And there seems to be some sort of pre-broadcast special - does anyone know more about this?

Also, this post is worth checking out, just for how JW's characters are described.

• Like 2