[Drama 2011] The Musical 더 뮤지컬

siidudul

Guest hyesun4lyf

Hello Musical Lovers :)

Episode 7 english sub is up :)

http://www.dramafeve...e_Musical/?ap=1

enjoy off to watch it now :)

Thanks for the heads up, GHSforever.  I'm still loving your latest YT vid and have it on replay...swoon. wub.gif

Thanks to all TheMu fans for keeping this thread well and going!

My questions of the week: Who will fall for whom?  Who will get kissed?  Ahhh, Friday, please come soon!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest niding8

Some Musings:

1. My issue with Hong Jae Yi - He chanced upon Eun Bi. He was impressed at the lengths she went through in order to become a musical actress. He realized that they met again - must be fate. He was surprised that they have the same views regarding musicals (It's like lightning!). He felt inspired to make one for her (Read: Muse). He met up with his old flame and it strengthened his resolve to push Eun Bi. He felt like he had to needle BKH. He championed Eun Bi in order to spite BKH. He finds Eun Bi adorable, Eun Bi went up a notched in his regard when she killed her audition piece. He is now suffering the pangs of being in-like with Eun Bi. When he met up with BKH at her room (Ep. 6), he was being provoked by BKH...He said...I think I'm over you. I believe I'm able to say that now. Errmmm...really?!? Then why was he so flustered when he said that. He made wounded puppy dog eyes to Eun Bi, he blew it when he tried to talk to her in a very public place but eventually won her forgiveness during the latter part of the episode. (He sure has the best lines in the drama!) Hmmm...interesting. He seems complacent; he believes that he can have her eating right out of the palm of his hand! He is the main lead right? I wonder...

2. My thoughts on Yoo Jin - He started off as ruthless, unfeeling and no non-sense with a huge chip on his shoulder. He is very shrewed but a little wet behind the ears when dealing with seasoned businessmen. He is eager to make his mark in the family business. He is also emotionally scarred, abandoned by his parents and left to deal with his autocratic grandfather. When he met Eun Bi it was not the most auspicious of meetings - He caught her red-handedly cheating her way into one of his productions hehehe. He viewed Eun Bi as an opportunist, not very different from the dregs of the earth (ok...maybe not that far) and when Eun Bi was given the chance to redeem herself; he, quite understandably, allowed his distrust to become evident. He didn't want to be near her with a 10 ft. pole! But unconsciously, he was drawn to her (he kept watching those audition tapes!). He saw her in a different light when BKH humiliated her. He wanted to be compassionate but he deliberately built a wall around him where Eun Bi was concerned. When Eun Bi saved RK...it crumbled. He realized that they are more alike than he would like to admit. They share common experiences, but they have viewed their own problems differently. He can be honest with her and quite frankly, he is now comfortable around her. This may not evolve into a romance but it is clear that they complement each other. I think the Eun Bi and Yoo Jin dynamic is more believable.  

For now, I'm enjoying the story as it unfolds. The characters all have strong personalities and it's a joy to watch them develop. Eun Bi is determined to succeed and she is doing it according to her own terms which is refreshing. She knows her limits and she does not cling. I really do not like needy female protagonists. The beauty of this drama lies in it's writing, editing and execution. I'm begining to understand why they churn out only one episode each week. The Musical continues to shine and I'm completely invested.

Interesting.... and I totally share your insights on these two male leads.

Being a great artist, I think Hong Jae sees Eun Bi as an inspiration, one who enabled him to write songs for a musical again. Eun bi somehow, was like his first love, BKH during her early years... a singer with a beautiful face and voice, someone who simply enjoyed delivering a performance to perfection, before she was controlled by ambition. At this point, I still am not sure if HJ sees EB as a person or as his "muse"...

Yoo Jin's real character, on the other hand, must have been  suppressed by the great responsibilty that was left by his father and was handed to him by his grandfather. To please the expectations of his rich family, he developed a cold and objective outlook for every decision that he makes... was this to run away from the pain brought by his parent's abandonment? Having watched episode 7, it is interesting to note that RK has been his sweetheart since high school... is he in this relationship just because it was what was expected of him by both his grandfather and RK's family? Seeing the way he now smiles when he looks at Eun Bi, and just as BKH said, YJ does not even know that he is falling in love...

Hello Musical Lovers :)

Episode 7 english sub is up :)

http://www.dramafeve...e_Musical/?ap=1

enjoy off to watch it now :)

Hello Sister,do you know another link?I guess dramafever is not available in middle East...I always wait for english sub.so pls.help me out,Aside from being a fan I am really inlove with this drama....  Thanks in advance!!!

Omg! I just finished episode 6...take time to rest. I couldn't wait on Epi7 and 8.

Honestly at first i don't like the character here of Daniel Choi...maybe of baby faced beauty.

Eventually i fine him cute with the eye glasses they're so cute to be together.

Guest shades_blue

I'm so excited that the subs are out for episode 7. I haven't gotten a chance to watch the subbed version yet. I'm anxious to analyze it before the next episode. 

So...I wasted a few hours yesterday doing another Musical video instead of working. I wanted to make an upbeat video that included more of the characters and captured some of the energy of the drama. 

Here's the linky : MusicalVid

Guest j-j-forever

Just finished episode 7 with eng subs and I just can't wait next Friday....it gets better and better and better, very unpredictable, expect the unexpected and i love the lines in episode 7 where characters are really opening up esp Yoo Jin whom I think he is in the verge of confusion about how and what he feels, that even her wonderful sweetheart was able to feel about it and starting to feel the insecurity in their relationship. Oh well, I just can't wait! Go Eun Bi, why do you always make them fall for you effortlessly??? So smooth Go Eun Bi! 

:wub:

Some Thoughts (Aww...The Gumiho project just went south!)

Bae Kang Hee you sly fox - So this is what it looks like when a primadonna throws a tantrum, she takes down the whole production. Well actually if it were not for her husband's jealousy, they wouldn't be in this mess. I don't get it, SW knew about the Count of Monte Cristo project before they greenlit the gumiho project, if he was really working for the best interest of the Amour Fund, then he should have been more up front with this news right? It's a more lucrative venture. Why did it come out this way? He brought it out like it was his trump card?!  I guess it would have been more acceptable if Frank called SW while they were at the gumiho work-shop and not the other way around. Is SW in cahoots with YJ's disreputable cousin? Hehehe It makes it all the more fishy. Going back to BKH, she suddenly grew powers of perception. Capitalizing on YJ's uncertainty, she pegged him down for suddenly becoming indecisive due to his growing attraction to EB. She established the problem and asserted her power by going straight to YJ's gramps. Well played BKH. You got this round and your wuss of a husband.

Ra Kyung is unravelling - Her dream just shattered before her eyes. If we're going to go by Goo Jak's account of how people were speculating on a lurve triangle between YJ, EB and RK, she has every reason to feel uneasy. If my guy treats me like crap all of a sudden, smiles and laughs more often with GEB, then I would shift into panic mode.(Imagine the alarm signals if she saw them walking back together at the work-shop!) The usually unflappable RK is suddenly making ways to flush out YJ's true feelings for EB. As I said, she used to be the supportive and passive girlfriend, now she is transformed into the needy and insecure one. I would have liked it if she acted more mature and she did not resort into little tricks to bait YJ. Little Miss Sunshine is not so shiny after all. (That being said, what's with Assistant Director Jang? Dude! Bad move, wrong move!)

The Gu Eun Bi pickle - When we reach life's crossroad, the decisions we make ultimately shapes our lives. For most individuals, they choose the easy path and move on to realms of mediocrity. (hehehe...ok nothin' wrong with that!)  A few would dare to follow their dream and live life fearlessly. Eun Bi belongs in the latter category, she chucked aside a promising medical career in order to pursue her dream of becoming a musical actress. We witness her struggles, however, her views are more prosaic than poetic. She has the potential but a key factor seems to be missing. This prompted JY to ask her...have you ever felt intense and passionate love? (Read: Do you know how to channel strong emotions into your role?) She can deliver, she has proven that. She is focussed yes...in her mind she is Do Hwa, but there are instances that she falls flat in her performance and JY is becoming aware of this. "How exactly can you teach a person to act like she is in love when personally she doesn't know how it feels like to be in love?" (Oh...she can always do a Meryl Streep you know and be very method!) How this would be resolved would be interesting to watch and with JY suddenly being very, very, very supportive and with YJ slowly realizing his true feelings...GEB you're going to get the angst you need, wether you like it or not!

Bromance Anyone? - One quick point, I'm loving the JY and GJ friendship. They work well together and they clearly have each other's back. It looks like JY will come up with the funding needed by GJ to produce the gumiho project...well it sure looks like it. Hehehe Episode 8 is sooo far away!

i'm ok with RK unravelling. when the bfriend starts questioning whether you made the right choice to stay with him so long, he's likely (internally) entertaining the 'cheating/let's move on" thought, while making it look it is your mistake and not his own head wandering. bad YJ!

i'm beginning to think EB's character is depicted as too naive. She makes too many childish faces and is so oblivious to what love is. For a 23 year old, even if she's never dated, she could at least relate to being in love with Super Junior or Won Bin or 2PM?? If not real love, she would understand infatuation! Almost every korean jr school kid is in love with some idol out there, and picks fights during lunch hour over who is the hottest? "Wiping bodies" as pure enjoyment makes her respond like a 12 yr old who hasn't hit puberty yet. I hope that EB can grow up a bit faster because YJ or JY would need a gal who is just not with passion, but also has a bit more street smarts. If she ends up with YJ, she's got to be able to deal wt the mafia and the big corp family. If she ends up with JY, if she can't be physically passionate like he is, he's going to get bored after a while. there's only so many head kisses a playboy JY will take. He IS IN HIS 30S!!!

Guest shades_blue

This episode really changed some of my perceptions about these characters and where the lovelines are headed. That conversation between GJ andHJ was extremely revealing. The fact that GJ is noticing that HJ is getting “serious”about EB (as opposed to his many flings……HJ = total player!), and perhaps getting ready to explore “real love” again, is pretty telling, especially because of HJ’s exaggerated denial that he’s doing it. The outright denial surprised me because he’s been so overtly affectionate and obsessed with her,but apparently he’s still telling himself, and others, that there isn’t anything romantic between them. Riiight. Also, there’s the “Lolita” aspect, which kind of annoys me about this drama (WHY is he playing someone 10 years older than he actually is?). The age difference is probably a big reason for denying that he is in love with her, but it’s obvious that his advice to EB about falling in love with a person, actually good advice for an actress, wasn’t intended to make her fall for just any guy, but for him specifically. Can you imagine his jealousy if she fell in love with someone else?! This guy already (somewhat smugly) assumes that EB likes him, so telling her to fall in love means, “love ME Eun Bi!”. Psh. HJ your adorableness is killing me.   

I do think EB WILL fall for HJ, in fact I think her expressions towards him in this episode (she’s starting “gaze” at him in the same way that he lovingly looks at her when she’s performing) indicate it. I don’t know why but I get the feeling that HJ may actually back off just as she’s starting to feel something for him, maybe because he’ll be confused about his feelings,or something/someone else will be involved. This is pure speculation on my part, after all, we don’t know what the result of the upcoming KISS or almost-KISS will be.

As for YJ, I think he will definitely develop real feelings for EB (thanks BKH), though I can’t even try to speculate how he will deal with it. I do think he was a little harsh with RK. She was a tad manipulative, but she didn’t do anything too terrible, and he’s been seriously neglecting her lately.I have no idea what YJ is going to do from here on out. Ever the mystery YJ! Speaking of YJ, how hilarious was HJ’s impression of him? “I like you very much too”…lol. If we’re rooting for a bromance here drmjs, I’m totally shipping these two, but I love GJ and HJ too.

BKH. Who ISN’T she manipulating? I would not want to mess with this woman, she is terrifying. 

i'm ok with RK unravelling.  when the bfriend starts questioning whether you made the right choice to stay with him so long, he's likely (internally) entertaining the 'cheating/let's move on" thought, while making it look it is your mistake and not his own head wandering.  bad YJ!

i'm beginning to think EB's character is depicted as too naive. She makes too many childish faces and is so oblivious to what love is.  For a 23 year old, even if she's never dated, she could at least relate to being in love with Super Junior or Won Bin or 2PM??  If not real love, she would understand infatuation!  Almost every korean jr school kid is in love with some idol out there, and picks fights during lunch hour over who is the hottest?  "Wiping bodies" as pure enjoyment makes her respond like a 12 yr old who hasn't hit puberty yet.  I hope that EB can grow up a bit faster because YJ or JY would need a gal who is just not with passion, but also has a bit more street smarts.  If she ends up with YJ, she's got to be able to deal wt the mafia and the big corp family.  If she ends up with JY, if she can't be physically passionate like he is, he's going to get bored after a while.  there's only so many head kisses a playboy JY will take.  He IS IN HIS 30S!!!

Word. I love this post. SO true! lol @ "there's only so many head kisses a playboy JY will take" 

Guest ms.KPOP.LOVE

Hi Everyone,

The Musical Episode 7 English Soft-Sub Subtitle is out.

theMusical.jpg

The Musical 1-7 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurf...e-musical-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

THE MUSICAL drama became interesting and i'm so obsesed.

I like when kang hee spoke in english, wow her english were so good and Gumiho project won't continue????? it must be Kang Hee doing right, to get rid Eun Bi from hong JAe?? that Fox lady but i still can not hate her,hehehehe

i love the scene when Eun Bi and Hong Jae "dating scene", it's cute, the way Hong aje hold her shoulder lovingly , Hong Jae always teasing her but Eun Bi looks like so "cold",hahahaha......

can't wait for the next episode, hope it will be a kiss scene between Hong JAe and Eun Bi even Hong jae steal a kisses from sleeping Eun Bi,lol

i agree with one of reporter who said about THE MUSICAL. it was a good drama but low rating , why???? the slot time wasn't suit for the musical =_= friday night people like to go out not stay at home, but i hope @other Country THEMU will have a great rating, but rating was only a number but the story , the actors/actresse ,they all great. THE MUSICAL was a GOOD MUSICAL DRAMA. THEMU hwaiting ^^

i want to see a love triangle YJ=EB=HJ. this drama is getting better. i dont like the old flame of HJ she's abit old for him when they are together she looks like an older sister.

showing once a week is killing me, tha waiting is too long :( Daniel choi acting is getting better. i wish to see him with kim tae hee, sandara park, kim so eun, gyo hyo jin and yoon eun hye :)

Guest hyesun4lyf

Can't wait for Friday but while waiting, I'm reviewing the last three episodes.  I'm a slow person and it's hard for me to follow watching the scenes unfolding while reading the subs and at the same time trying to listen to the emotions behind the actors' voices.  That is why I am very grateful to these insights and recaps and reviews as they help me get more invested into the drama.

drmjs, as always your in-depth character analysis is much appreciated.  SW maybe nice on the outside but he's one manipulative guy as evidenced when he forced KH to marry him just when she was ready to dump him for JY.  

thank to shades_blue for that take on the scene between GJ and HJY since it was kind of hard for me to understand right away what was being said and since I got very distracted from watching Choi Daniel. sweatingbullets.gif Oh, and please keep on making those vids even to the detriment of your work. wub.gif

1bin, yeah me too think EB is too clueless for a 23-year old post-graduate.  But hopefully her character will still develop and progress including getting angsty and falling in love with all her heart and maybe getting her heart a bit broken not just by the musical going south but because of love for someone as well.  There's always her gramma to go home to for solace when things will get out of hand.

and to cheerko, of course, I'm your no. 1 fan.  Thank you for all the recaps and translations you do all the time and always in a timely manner.

TheMu, daebok!

Hi guys! Been reading and enjoying all your comments!

What I got from this episode is that GEB is starting to thaw and fall for our boy HJ! I agree with shades_blue regarding her expressions as HJ gave her a lecture about falling in love to help out with her acting. Note the lip twitching, the fork resting too long on her lower lip, GEB touching her lips...Omo, if I were a guy I would totally be turned on by then! I wonder why HJ didn't catch that flirtatious bit? GEB seems more comfortable when HJ puts his arms around her and doesn't pull away. I definitely am rooting for a full, torrid kissing scene on that sneak peek for epi 8!!! LOL It's alright...I think it won't happen, though. :sweatingbullets: I don't think the producers would allow it! But, if RK and YJ could kiss like that , why not GEB and HJ? Huh? Please, please let it happen - do it for the ratings, man! That might invite more viewers to stay on a Friday night, eh? (Don't mind the rantings of this ahjumma.)

You go, RK! If I see my guy looking more fondly at another female specimen - I would definitely manipulate to no end! If he doesn't appreciate my efforts, then, let it be. I say, RK should discard of her good-girl image and surprise YJ with, let's say a night out wearing the skimpiest dress she can pull out of her closet? Just a suggestion...I don't think she should lead on the Asst. Director - that would be too mean :blink: (but, that thought did pass my mind). Sorry, girls, I think it's the rainy day with all the negative ions making me heady....hehehe

I wonder if HJ will produce the musical himself? Or is there another producer coming into play who will add more dynamics to the one that's already been unravelled?

Definitely agree with you, 1bin. I love GHS's pure image and cuteness. However, she is 23 in this drama. I would really like for the producers/director/writers to stop HJ from treating her like a child. I know he wants to make her feel comfortable with him, but, that's why it makes us wonder what his true feeling really are towards GEB. Is she just a muse-du-jour or does he really see her as a woman? I wonder when will GEB realize that she needs to woman-up for her role and in real (drama) life? I guess when she fully realizes and accepts her attraction to HJ, she would want to look around her and see who she's competing with (BKH). Yes, honey, that woman has no ounce of good intention for you whatsoever!

I can't wait for Friday! (though, I'm working) Have fun y'all! XoXo

Guest chonadia

What I don't understand on the 1st place why on earth they put a lovely drama like this on Friday nite time slot :angry: ....what a waste...any idea what's the drama's rating on its rerun slot?

Guest eunhye05

Who knows where to download the episodes with good hard subs? :) Anyone? 

I wait for drama fever and haruharu subs but I also want the hardsubbed english versions if they're available for download anywhere. :)

I enjoy reading everyone's comments. The playboy HJ is definitely falling for EB. She's like a fresh flower for him. Aren't playboys like that? It's like a challenge for them but at the same time denying is usually present esp. when confronted with friends. This playboy has to maintain a "macho" image in the eyes of his friends. But when they're in front of their love one they usually melt & get drawn to them. That's why HJ acts this way. HJ's past w/ BKH is probably so painful for him that he tends to get revenge through EB. So there are times I see him push more towards EB but I have no doubts that HJ is falling for EB fast. Who wouldn't? EB on the other hand acts like she don't have any clue that HJ is falling for her because HJ's character is a respected composer & she has this low esteem that this could not possibly happen? Rejections after rejections.. I would probably lose my self esteem also & what good things that will happen I will always think that it is a miracle for me & not my doing. At the same time she battles this feeling of not quiting & would only do The Musical. I'm rooting for RK too. I would do everything to hold on to my lover esp. she has vested on it for so many years. At least she had done it not in a scandalous way. I have this bad feeling that HJ will ask financial help from his old friend from New York ( girlfriend?)..so it is here that this what's her name?..will come in the scene.... my speculations..hehehe. I'm still hoping for a good kissing scene of  EB & HJ ( with mouths open!!!) hahaha!:vicx:.. I hope I didn't sound so dirty or scandalous.

Archived