[Variety] Good Sunday - Running Man 런닝맨

class="news_title" style="direction: ltr; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; line-height: 1.1; color: rgb(31, 31, 31); margin: -3px 0px 0px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);""Running Man" star Lee Kwang Soo charms fans in S'pore
class="news_brief" style="direction: ltr; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px 0px 25px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); line-height: 1.25; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, Tahoma, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"South Korean entertainer Lee Kwang Soo, who shot to fame for his comedic antics on the variety show “Running Man”, left fans in Singapore star-struck with a generous dose of fan service and a humble demeanour.lee-kwang-soo-s-fan.jpg

SINGAPORE: With hiccups onstage and repeated exclamations of nervousness, one would hardly describe South Korean entertainer Lee Kwang Soo as charming.

Yet, he had star-struck fans roaring with laughter and screaming for more.

Lee kicked off his first-ever overseas solo fan meeting in Singapore on Saturday at Resorts World Sentosa’s Festive Grand Theatre.

The predominantly-female audience, comprising teenagers and young adults, screamed and waved enthusiastically as he appeared on stage crooning TVXQ’s “Hug”.

Lee, who later confessed unabashedly to being extremely nervous, giggled during the song and went off-key several times.

But that didn’t dent fans’ adoration for him. Instead, the screams rose to fever pitch to cheer him on.

Later, the 28-year-old had another bumpy start to his rendition of “Because It’s You”, forgetting the first verse of the song.

Of course, the fans didn’t mind his bloopers, chanting “it’s okay” in Korean as he giggled shyly.

Despite the hiccups, Lee didn’t disappoint in keeping the audience entertained.

Lee brought his kooky on-screen persona in South Korean variety show “Running Man” to the fan meeting, showcasing his signature silly dance moves and poses, which got the audience in stitches.

“Running Man”, which debuted in 2010 in South Korea, has gained a large following across the region. In the show, regular cast members and guests compete in various missions.

Fans also got a surprise as a clip featuring the rest of the “Running Man” cast and Lee’s celebrity pals was screened.

The cast, consisting of Kim Jong-kook, Haha, Song Ji-hyo, Gary, Ji Suk-jin and Yoo Jae-suk, offered words of encouragement for Lee and greetings for fans in Singapore in the short but heartwarming video.

Actors Jo In-sung, Lee Dong-wook, Kim Beom and Song Joong-ki also appeared in the video to cheer Lee on.

Lee ended the show with yet another surprise, hopping off the stage to get closer to fans as he sang “I Believe”, the soundtrack from the box office hit “My Sassy Girl”.

Rising star, but still grounded

Lee gave less-than-stellar vocal performances, but he redeemed himself with self-deprecating humour and a down-to-earth persona.

Throughout the evening, he thanked fans repeatedly for their support.

He also appeared to be overwhelmed by fans’ enthusiasm, exclaiming “I’m so nervous!” several times during the fan meeting.

In addition, Lee provided top-notch fan service, giving more than the usual autographs and photo opportunities.

He gamely obliged to fans’ requests for more, such as a kiss on the forehead and a piggyback ride.

There is definitely room for improvement, but Lee’s humility and humour still left a lasting and endearing impression. 

- CNA/xq

Cr: Channel NewsAsia

Attended Kwang Soo's fan meeting last saturday  and this was my first time attending a fan meeting. Kwang Soo is so funny throughout the fan meeting and had fans roaring with laughter and screaming! He did make minor mistakes such as going off key and forgetting the lyrics but thats nothing! It was an awesome fan meeting! Enjoyed myself totally from the beginning to the end. Kwang Soo fighting! 

Guest Fdfd Sadfs

class="title" style="font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 20px; color: rgb(17, 17, 17); margin: 0px; height: 40px; overflow: hidden; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Watch [RAW] Running Man Ep 159http://www.kshow.tv/tv-show/raw-running-man-ep-159/

Rumour has it...

1. Shinhwa is filming Running Man right now.

2. They spotted filming at Incheon.

3. Shinhwa was brought on a helicopter to film at Daeijak Island while RM cast was spotted at Yoohan Uni. @orangeagassi

4. No Dongwan (still not sure)

5. If it’s true Shinhwa will appear on Sept 1st episode instead of August 25 (since the preview for ep. 160 has been released)

cr: sources from twitter

aw I am so late by the news I here in SG! wait someone mentioned SHINHWA? seriously! Im so looking forward to that! I hope its RM vs SHinhwa like its a battle its gonna be great awesome episode to be watch it that will happen .
I wanna see the old games like removing nametag

Guest operation_funny

I rarely write comment here but after watching the lastest episode, i need to say something.

The lastest is great, I love to see the Monday couple loveline to be back again. I have no idea with its concept.

However, in some recent episodes, I really feel sorry for KJK as I feel him to be lost his character. In some recent episode, I think he didn't try to win. In the lastest episode , I saw it very clear.

With me, I think it is OK if he is alone and don't have visitor partner . But any visitor partner also want to win when they attend RM. It make them feel better. But i notice when any partner is attached with him, he / she don't have much time on screen or sometimes totally disappear on screen, and most of them lost RM .

In the lastest episode, in the first game, when he went out of the room and say : " it is for the lady !" I asked myself : " WTF" . He need to know Kim Ye Rim is the weakest in 3 of ladies and she will be eliminated immediately. Nobody want to be eliminated or lost like that .

I know this comment will make KJK fans here feel unpleasure but I hope he need to be more responsible with his partner in the future RM episodes .

class="title" id="page-title" style="text-align: left; line-height: 1em; margin: 0px; font-family: 'Benton Mod Disp', serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Everybody loves Lee Kwang Soo
16015561.JPG?itok=lomGG0DF
Singapore fans want a piece of Running Man’s Lee Kwang Soo.

SINGAPORE — Lee Kwang Soo, a regular face on the popular Korean variety show Running Man, held his first fan meeting in Singapore on Saturday evening.

The 28-year-old, who earned the nickname “Giraffe” due to his height — he stands at a towering 1.90m — is the third Running Man cast member to hold a fan meet in Singapore. Both Kim Jong-Kook and HaHa stopped by earlier this year.

“Singapore is very hot,” he quipped. Made worse, we’re sure, by the fan fever boiling over at Resorts World Sentosa’s Festive Grand Theatre.

Lee did not disappoint fans, showcasing his signature robot dance, taking a long, giggle-inducing pause as he fumbled with the chords on the keyboard for a song, and comically bellowing a zealous “I love you” to tide over moments of awkwardness.

Through a series of games, lucky fans scored themselves stage time with the actor. Lee seemed overwhelmed by their enthusiasm — just as they appeared to be in awe of his presence — as he complied to their requests for a kiss on the forehead, hugs and even a piggyback ride.

Running Man, every Sunday, 7pm on MediaCorp Channel U.

Cr: TODAY

saranghaechoiseunghyun said: Rumour has it...

1. Shinhwa is filming Running Man right now.

2. They spotted filming at Incheon.

3. Shinhwa was brought on a helicopter to film at Daeijak Island while RM cast was spotted at Yoohan Uni. @orangeagassi

4. No Dongwan (still not sure)

5. If it’s true Shinhwa will appear on Sept 1st episode instead of August 25 (since the preview for ep. 160 has been released)

cr: sources from twitter