Universities/Colleges in the Philippines

Guest driftwood023

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest brownman90561495

i'm from DLSU-M 3rd year engineering student. any Younha fans? SNSD fans?

Go! Younha, SNSD fighting!

are you ID107? :) that makes me feel kinda old hahaha. ID100 ako.

ANIMO LASALLE!

Guest marco.polo

I'm a 1st year at Ateneo de Manila Univeristy (http://www.admu.edu.ph). I'm taking up Economics. I'm full Filipino but I was born and raised in the US. So I moved over here for school. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

Guest brownman90561495

I'm a 1st year at Ateneo de Manila Univeristy (http://www.admu.edu.ph). I'm taking up Economics. I'm full Filipino but I was born and raised in the US. So I moved over here for school. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.

first two questions:

1. marunong ka magtagalog? (do you know how to speak in tagalog? translating just because the rules said so)

2. as a freshman, how do you feel about the DLSU-ADMU rivalry?

:)

Ateneo is a great school. It's my dad and brother's alma mater, elementary through high school ( until college for my dad, he took up ME, management economics, but he got kicked out...sadly...)

Why did you choose to study here in the Philippines when so many Filipinos want to send their kids abroad? Is it because you're interested/curious about the culture?

How is it living here...so far? IS your impression the same as what you've always thought about the Philippines?

By the way, I took up Economics in college too! I really wish I studied harder because it's such a great course but I only took it half-heartedly and ended up not learning anything. Are you familiar with E-Views? It's a program used for regression. They taught us how to use it for one whole semester, but of course, I never learned how to use it properly and how to analyze the results without having to consult a book.

I regret it so much. I wanna go back to school and start over. If given the chance, I'll take up economics again.

Guest marco.polo

first two questions:

1. marunong ka magtagalog? (do you know how to speak in tagalog? translating just because the rules said so)

2. as a freshman, how do you feel about the DLSU-ADMU rivalry?

:)

1. I can understand pretty Tagalog pretty well, but I'm not that fluent. Most conversations include me speaking in English while my friends speak to me in Tagalog lol. But, I'm starting to add more bits and pieces of Tagalog in my speech haha :)

2. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about the rivalry haha. Maybe its because I grew up overseas? Idk. I don't really know about the history between DLSU and ADMU. :blush:

Are you a DLSU or ADMU student?

Guest marco.polo

Ateneo is a great school. It's my dad and brother's alma mater, elementary through high school ( until college for my dad, he took up ME, management economics, but he got kicked out...sadly...)

Why did you choose to study here in the Philippines when so many Filipinos want to send their kids abroad? Is it because you're interested/curious about the culture?

How is it living here...so far? IS your impression the same as what you've always thought about the Philippines?

By the way, I took up Economics in college too! I really wish I studied harder because it's such a great course but I only took it half-heartedly and ended up not learning anything. Are you familiar with E-Views? It's a program used for regression. They taught us how to use it for one whole semester, but of course, I never learned how to use it properly and how to analyze the results without having to consult a book.

I regret it so much. I wanna go back to school and start over. If given the chance, I'll take up economics again.

As for why I moved here for college, yes, it was partly because I wanted to learn more about my roots. Part was due to financial issues. Also, I've always liked it here; A sense of home I guess? For the most part, I like living here. Before moving here, I visited every year. Even though I visited frequently, it's different from actually living here. I've seen the struggles here whenever I visited, but I never paid that much attention to them because I was always going out to malls and stuff. After living here for a few months, you REALLY get to see what a lot of people here go through and it is pretty heartbreaking. I honestly hope that one day I'll be successful and be able to invest some money in the community and help them out. But yeah, I still have a lot to learn.

Economics too? What school did you go to? Nope, haven't heard of E-Views...yet haha. If you don't mind me asking, did you end up switching courses and did you graduate already?

As for why I moved here for college, yes, it was partly because I wanted to learn more about my roots. Part was due to financial issues. Also, I've always liked it here; A sense of home I guess? For the most part, I like living here. Before moving here, I visited every year. Even though I visited frequently, it's different from actually living here. I've seen the struggles here whenever I visited, but I never paid that much attention to them because I was always going out to malls and stuff. After living here for a few months, you REALLY get to see what a lot of people here go through and it is pretty heartbreaking. I honestly hope that one day I'll be successful and be able to invest some money in the community and help them out. But yeah, I still have a lot to learn.

Economics too? What school did you go to? Nope, haven't heard of E-Views...yet haha. If you don't mind me asking, did you end up switching courses and did you graduate already?

I graduated from UST, eco. I'm planning on taking up asian studies for my MA since it's what I really wanted. Although I said I'd take up eco again if given chance, it's only because I didn't study hard enough and economics explains just about everything that's happening around the world. I feel like it's something I need to have with me so I wouldn't feel ignorant. I hope I made sense.

Anyway, E-views is a great program; all those mathematical formulas for variance, standard dev that you see(or will be seeing sometime in the future) in Statistics books, e-views will take care of it all for you. It's like an economist's calculator. I'm sure you're going to need it for your thesis, but you still have a long way to go before that, so enjoy the general subjects first...Rizal???haha

I love how you want to "make a change". Honestly, learning economics in a developing country like the philippines can be very frustrating. I'm sure you'll understand what I'm talking about when you start learning about Economic Development, Agriculture etc. Those subjects discuss progress, opportunity and of course development, and yet we see none of that in the Philippines. We are falling way behind and that's what's frustrating about it. Seriously, there will be times when you'd wish you were the president.

Guest marco.polo

I graduated from UST, eco. I'm planning on taking up asian studies for my MA since it's what I really wanted. Although I said I'd take up eco again if given chance, it's only because I didn't study hard enough and economics explains just about everything that's happening around the world. I feel like it's something I need to have with me so I wouldn't feel ignorant. I hope I made sense.

Anyway, E-views is a great program; all those mathematical formulas for variance, standard dev that you see(or will be seeing sometime in the future) in Statistics books, e-views will take care of it all for you. It's like an economist's calculator. I'm sure you're going to need it for your thesis, but you still have a long way to go before that, so enjoy the general subjects first...Rizal???haha

I love how you want to "make a change". Honestly, learning economics in a developing country like the philippines can be very frustrating. I'm sure you'll understand what I'm talking about when you start learning about Economic Development, Agriculture etc. Those subjects discuss progress, opportunity and of course development, and yet we see none of that in the Philippines. We are falling way behind and that's what's frustrating about it. Seriously, there will be times when you'd wish you were the president.

I see I see. My tita graduated from UST also. When/where are you planning to take your MA? Are you currently working? E-views, I shall look that up haha.

Yeah, you really don't see any progress here. You see half built buildings everywhere. Politicians or whoever will propose a project and when they receive all of the funds half way through the project, they shut it down and go off and spend the money elsewhere. You'd think they'd care that 33% of the country is living in poverty and how underdeveloped it is here. But no, as long as they're living a comfortable life it's okay. Don't we all wish we could make a change?

Btw, thanks for the bits and pieces of info about being in economics. Hopefully I can ask you questions about it from time to time? haha.

I see I see. My tita graduated from UST also. When/where are you planning to take your MA? Are you currently working? E-views, I shall look that up haha.

Yeah, you really don't see any progress here. You see half built buildings everywhere. Politicians or whoever will propose a project and when they receive all of the funds half way through the project, they shut it down and go off and spend the money elsewhere. You'd think they'd care that 33% of the country is living in poverty and how underdeveloped it is here. But no, as long as they're living a comfortable life it's okay. Don't we all wish we could make a change?

Btw, thanks for the bits and pieces of info about being in economics. Hopefully I can ask you questions about it from time to time? haha.

Hopefully this semester, If I get it. Please pray for me.

About asking questions...umm nope, you're on your on...just kidding, but sure, whatever I can contribute. But ateneo is a great school, I'm sure you won't be needing those "questions"

Guest brownman90561495

1. I can understand pretty Tagalog pretty well, but I'm not that fluent. Most conversations include me speaking in English while my friends speak to me in Tagalog lol. But, I'm starting to add more bits and pieces of Tagalog in my speech haha :)

2. Honestly, I don't know how I feel about the rivalry haha. Maybe its because I grew up overseas? Idk. I don't really know about the history between DLSU and ADMU. :blush:

Are you a DLSU or ADMU student?

well the important thing is you still can understand tagalog :)

hahaha now while the UAAP season is on going, maybe you can learn a thing or two about the rivalry :) i am a DLSU alumnus, and not really a die hard fan, but any kind of a healthy rivalry is a good one :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rainbowartist

I graduated from St. Paul University Manila just last March and I miss college days already. So my advice for all students out there, enjoy your student days as of now because it's nice to go to school everyday without worrying how to earn money. (except for working students) Don't rush just because you want to earn money right away, there's a time for that. Right now, enjoy and work hard for your grades because it will be your back up for the real world.

Guest brownman90561495

I graduated from St. Paul University Manila just last March and I miss college days already. So my advice for all students out there, enjoy your student days as of now because it's nice to go to school everyday without worrying how to earn money. (except for working students) Don't rush just because you want to earn money right away, there's a time for that. Right now, enjoy and work hard for your grades because it will be your back up for the real world.

two thumbs up! :)

i know girls from SPU-M are pretty girls. lol :P

Guest rainbowartist

two thumbs up! :)

i know girls from SPU-M are pretty girls. lol :P

Most people say that and I have nothing against it so I totally agree. lols.

• 1 month later...
Guest ice_princess09

I think I already posted somewhere in here..lol

anyway, I'm currently a 1st year student at PLM..

taking up bs architecture...=D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest snackbox

This thread hasn't been updated in a long time! D;

I'm planning to go to Ateneo - Manila or DLSU - Saint Benilde. I am currently living in the states. I would like to know how hard it is to get in? I heard Ateneo will accept my S.A.T. scores. My scores aren't really that high, but supposedly UP will automatically accept you if you get a 1200, without the writing portion? If that's so, then i guess i don't really need a high S.A.T score? Also, DLSU won't accept S.A.T scores? So does that mean i have to go there to take the test? Ehh, I'll just give up on DLSU... T____T;

I'm trying to major in Graphic or Communication design with a minor in Psychology. Do ya'll know any good schools with that major? Would you have to take pre-requisites like in the U.S.?

How expensive is Ateneo? Because of the exchange rate, i get alot of costs knocked off.. but how bad is it?

Also, age differences. I'm currently 17 and i'm kinda nervous because supposedly in the Philippines i'm supposed to be a 2-3rd year? T______T; I feel so old!

Archived