10 years since the death of NRG member, Kim Hwan Sung

Guest kangtagreen27

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm having trouble with the fact that it's been 10 years. I liked NRG back then, but I was still new to them and didn't know him really well--he left us not long after I found them (Sungjin had come back to the group)...but I know how much they loved him. I remember the boys ran a website for him, and I think it was up a long time. I could only watch part of that video once--and haven't been able to look at it since. The thing that made me mad though-watching some of the footage from the funeral--was seeing fans of the people who went to pay their respects--screaming their names like it was a concert or movie premier.

I still have their Face MV. If anyone wants to see it, Or Hwansung, I'll upload it to my mediafire account.

Thank you for posting, Yang.

Guest donghae.

although I don't know who Kim Hwan Sung is, but I've heard about NRG.

but I didn't know one of the member passed away.

as I watched the videos, I cried, even without knowing who he is.

it must have been hard for H.O.T and the other members.

I believed he must be someone in heaven, watching over his members and living happily without pain and sadness.

may him rest in peace forever.

Guest GirlFromMars

I really had no idea about that huge loss. I only knew of the name NRG through Chun Myung Hoon and from his bright personality I would have never guessed what a immense loss he had to endure, losing a friend and group member so suddenly and at such a young age.

May he rest in peace and may his memory never be forgotten.

Guest katja

oh yes i remember this day...that was so sad! i cried 1 litre of tears..

i loved him so much..he was my fav. member

thats so sad he was so young!

R.I.P. Kim Hwan Sung we never forget you!!

Guest PRINCE KYARII

i don't know who he was.. but man, he was too young to go.

RIP kim hwan sung, god bless him

thanks for posting this!

I can't believe it's been 10 years already.

How can it be?

Was just starting to get into N.R.G. at the time. Heck, I have their first album.

It was really a shock and so sad to hear of his passing.

He's gone, but he's still 'here'... if you know what I mean...

He will always be remembered <3

Thank you for posting this tribute.

I was still living in Korea during his death. I loved them, No YooMin was my favorite, so as the late HwanSung. Reading about it brought back so much memories. I remembered watching the coverage from m.net, kmtv, even local news. It was so devastatingly sad coz NRG were at the peak of their career one day and HwanSung was pronounced dead the next. They were one of the group that put KPOP on the map today. RIP

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kangtagreen27

Thank you MythnoonA, katja, crystalis, and devilish_chunsa for sharing your stories.

It's good to hear from those who lived the incident.

And thanks everyone else for expressing your thoughts & feelings, and most of all..for acknowledging Kim HwanSung.

Guest sweet.dreams

WOW. I seriously cannot believe that it has been 10 years since his passing. He was my favorite member of NRG and my first love for KPOP. I was so devastated to learn that he died at such a young age. I know that he is in a so much better place...no longer in pain.

Hwan Sung!

Guest Atmosphere.

What.. is that why they stopped singing? I didn't even know he died.

Wow he kind of looks like Key from SHINee.. D:

Guest chinese tears <3

wow, it has been ten years already. i wasn't a fan of NRG but i remember seeing his fans faithfully put up a thread every year on june 15th. he left the world at a very untimely time but i think he's made his mark in the heart of his fans and in the kpop world.

Guest green_vixen

i remember this..wow..has it really been this long since then? i have a clip of his funeral..gosh! it was so heartbreaking to watch then..even when i watch it today it's sad.

thanks for reminding me, and everyone else, about a great loss. we get so caught up all this other stuff we forget about things like this. i'm sure he's in a better place.

Guest ketchup?

I wasn't into Kpop long enough to know about him, but after reading into it a little more, it's really sad. His death was so tragic. It's good to know he's in a better place.

Guest janieisvip

and i still pray that you are in a better place and watching over all your fellow members, those you loved, and those who loved you.

i still remember my NRG fan days and seeing this just really tears me up.

Guest .basic.

Oh god...

This was the first group I ever listen to in kpop history.

I love the song "Goodbye my friend" and never realize it was made for Kim Hwan Sung until later on. It's actually my favorite NRG song.

It's been a while but still.. RIP <3

Archived