少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest rinasanchu

*quoted image*

photo credits: melty.fr

Also  this French article on the Canal+ broadcast yesterday, 

Review of the Canal+ broadcast

The reviewer seemed to bemused by the fan screams and did some homework to find out who is Girls' Generation. Sadly he called the fans "crazy",  at least he thinks Soshi has what it takes to invade Europe.

Ah, I feel quite sad that French journalists, or even French netizens calls them the second Pussycat Dolls since both groups are quite different.

For those who don't speak French, a lot of people who don't know SNSD insult them on Facebook or Twitter since yesterday. Some comments are almost racist. As a Sone I feel extremely hurt, not because of the fact that some people hate their songs, everyone is free to like them or not. But really, some comments are extremely insulting, judging on only 1 performance. Some people even said "They will be famous for only few months, then everyone will forget them". It's kind of ironical since SNSD is a 2007 group.

I didn't even bother to answer these comments, because well, haters gonna hate ^^ But I was quite amazed, because even Kpop fans from other fandoms united with F-Sone to defend the girls.

Guest HyperionZ

Ah, I feel quite sad that French journalists, or even French netizens calls them the second Pussycat Dolls since both groups are quite different.

For those who don't speak French, a lot of people who don't know SNSD insult them on Facebook or Twitter since yesterday. Some comments are almost racist. As a Sone I feel extremely hurt, not because of the fact that some people hate their songs, everyone is free to like them or not. But really, some comments are extremely insulting, judging on only 1 performance. Some people even said "They will be famous for only  few months, then everyone will forget them". It's kind of ironical since SNSD is a 2007 group.

I didn't even bother to answer these comments, because well, haters gonna hate ^^ But I was quite amazed, because even Kpop fans from other fandoms united with F-Sone to defend the girls.

There will always be some resistance to something like SNSD and Kpop. I don't know to what extent SM wants SNSD to enter the European market, but they will at least get enough of a niche so they can do solo concerts there. SM always thinks big and doesn't really do things for the fans, unless it affects them positively. I don't think the European music market is one they want to really enter compared to the US market, but they will continue to promote SNSD in many countries to show SNSD has appeal globally, and hype them up more. I don't worry about the haters, as they have always had detractors even before they debuted.

People doubted their ability, their talent, and their appeal. They didn't explode immediately when they debut, and they had some bad times along the way, but they persevered and evolved to become one of kpop's top groups. I've always seen their great potential (I saw them as the female version of Shinhwa) once I got to know them more, but they still continue to surprise me with what they do and what they can do.

For those who don't speak French, a lot of people who don't know SNSD insult them on Facebook or Twitter since yesterday. Some comments are almost racist. As a Sone I feel extremely hurt, not because of the fact that some people hate their songs, everyone is free to like them or not. But really, some comments are extremely insulting, judging on only 1 performance. Some people even said "They will be famous for only few months, then everyone will forget them". It's kind of ironical since SNSD is a 2007 group.

the comments sure almost the same like when these girls didnt even debut yet and people already doubt about them.

for them to say that these girls will eventually be famous is already great ^_^

like always haters gonna hate. it just a matter of time for that haters to turn into fans someday >_<

I just finished backtracking the thread. wow. So amazed seeing the thread suddenly jumping so far. it has been awhile I see this thread alive. Glad that with all the new sones that come and spazz here have made this thread jump so many pages :lol:

to all sones from 6theory, Hello *waves* new greet from me ^^

I'm not a regular at 6T but I do have an acc yet I'm not always at the artist thread. well i'm just a lurker at there too :D

I prefer soompi more though sometimes I'm also a silent lurker here lol XD *sorry guys*

anyway welcome ^^

for me, regarding on this huge advancement for the girls, I'm going to take it positively and my mindset was like one step at a time. indeed not everyone going to like our girls like we do but slowly through their music somehow people will fall for them and before they know it they'll addicted to them.

I just like how that simon curtis guy sorta affect other people around him to like soshi and kpop. i even saw one of his follower which is a Belieber, started to searching out about Girls' Generation because he said they're cool. so it's a small step that'll eventually lead to another.

expect the unexpected when it come to our girls XD

looks like B1A4 also worship our 9 goddesses. *point at the soshi's poster at their dorm* :w00t:

AlS4p0sCAAQov-q.jpg

Stella Kim wishing her best friend, Choi Sooyoung a happy birthday ^^

QZsjC.jpg

cr: stella's twitter @hk_diary

[Trans] 120210 Sooyoung's message on Offical homepage:

"SONE! Hello hello ^--^

How have you been?! Sooyoung is in Paris now... hehe

The original plan was that I would take the flight on 9th and fly to Thailand at 10th night..

The plan changed so I stayed on 'land' hehe, I almost ended효 up spending my birthday in the midair, how could this happen hoho.

Since young, I felt excited whenever my birthday was coming and my wish was to throw a birthday party in fastfood restaurant. I didn't expect myself to be congratulated by so many people around the world when I grow up.. T T

I receive congratulations from fans yesterday and today, I can't help but only feel grateful..

Yesterday, I had an enjoyable party and ate nice food with members!^^

It felt more enjoyable to receive congratulations from people and at the same time being together with people I cherish ^--^

I always feel this on my birthday every year - that I'm receiving an amount of love that I'm unworthy of. As I get older, I promise myself that I will become someone who deserves the amount of love I receive..

Everyone gives your precious time and love to me, but I wonder if I'm qualified to get them from you..

ㅡ, However!! I do know that these things aren't that important hehe,

All I have to do is to receive everyone's pure and compassionate love with a pure heart.

I won't have time to think whether I deserve the love :) I will just work to the best of my ability at my current position to repay you ;)

I will work hard to be someone who never disappoints you, someone worthy of the love I am receiving right now!^^

Again, it's you guys who make me feel this way, so that I can prove that I've grown into an adult..

Thank you so much hehe, it feels as if.. you guys are in the same car with me - the car which moves to the destination called 'adult'...?! hehe

What I mean is that, thank you for being together with me in the process.. hehe, it seems that many people are experiencing my growing process together with me, watching me like my family members.. I feel the sense of responsibility!!

Right now my hands and feet are numb, I won't be able to reply to messages.. keke

Even so we should not forget about this! Capable SONEs will come out and make some translation, right?

Now that 'Soshi Express' that everyone is on board now is making its tour,

customers of many races are coming on board. hehe

We have to make TV programmes go global!.. hahaha

Isn't this a weird car that requests its passenger to do translation?

But.. Just have your butts sticking to the seats and stay safe til destination.......

You will be able to watch performances that can never be found on the world map, and the epic touching moments which never fails to make you cry!!

As well as the girls’ drama of their growing up process.... hahahahaha

The next station will be Taeyeon Station on the 9th of March.

There’s no exit door. .__."

;

Original url: http://girlsgeneration.smtown.com/pages/_common/board/View.asp?Page=1&ListLine=15&PagingSize=10&ArticleNo=3233141&BNo=102&LangNo=1

Trans: @imwhywhy

cr: imwhywhy at twitter

ah-uh Sooyoung, didnt intend to left the Soshi Express too :D

lol at sooyoung's "Capable SONEs will come out and make some translation, right?" you sure know us hehehe

Guest l3aKa_poonZ

the performance on French TV was awesome :w00t:

glad there were SONEs there so the girls wouldn't feel lonely ^^

anyway, Happy Birthday our ShikShin!!! :wub:

tumblr_lz69ceqqTp1qc9m5do1_500.jpg

tumblr_lz69f0qvpD1qc9m5do1_500.jpg

cr; tagged

Guest lalakid87

I have a question, was SNSD on Questions Box today? because I watched the videos on the site od Le Grand JOurnal ep today and I can't find them, it seems that there was just a Best Of Le Boite á Questions

Guest HyperionZ

I have a question, was SNSD on Questions Box today? because I watched the videos on the site od Le Grand JOurnal ep today and I can't find them, it seems that there was just a Best Of Le Boite á Questions

They were supposed to be, but I didn't see anything from Le Grand Journal today, and I haven't seen anything uploaded from it, so either they didn't do it or they haven't released that segment yet.

Guest Taengoo158

Boss Sica LOL

those pants remind me of Gee...  :lol:

*quoted image*

cr; tagged

Fany wore the red jeans in NY too right =)

When i saw the pict of her wearing the red jeans, "Gee" popped up in my mind. and now sica is wearing the blue one :lol: Maybe they dig their old closet and find those jeans from Gee era.

i feel so spoiled as a sone.

right now, it's truly Girls' Generation.

i really can't believe they've made it so far...

i love their success and they're getting so much closer to world domination and advancement into outer space, but every time i see the girls off screen like at the airport, they look completely drained and exhausted. personally, i cant even take a plane flight to hong kong. plane rides are so tiring... and the time change is enough to make me go crazy.

i cant imagine what its like for the girls to fly from korea to america to korea to france to korea to thailand to... wherever.

it's a great success yet i'm so worried.

but the girls don't want us to worry right?

we have to be strong as sones, too. and help them fight through it.

let's show neverending support from now on sones!

SNSD FIGHTING!!

Guest HyperionZ

i feel so spoiled as a sone.

right now, it's truly Girls' Generation.

i really can't believe they've made it so far...

i love their success and they're getting so much closer to world domination and advancement into outer space, but every time i see the girls off screen like at the airport, they look completely drained and exhausted. personally, i cant even take a plane flight to hong kong. plane rides are so tiring... and the time change is enough to make me go crazy.

i cant imagine what its like for the girls to fly from korea to america to korea to france to korea to thailand to... wherever.

it's a great success yet i'm so worried.

but the girls don't want us to worry right?

we have to be strong as sones, too. and help them fight through it.

let's show neverending support from now on sones!

SNSD FIGHTING!!

As fans, we love how Soshi is doing with all these activities around the world. They perform for big programs in the US one week, then fly to France to perform on that countries top TV program, and continue on with their concert tour in Asia immediately afterwards. The more popular that SNSD gets around the world, the more demand they will have and now, instead of that high demand from Korea only (which was already quite tiring on their bodies in 2009 and 2010), they will have to contend with helping to spread Kpop around the world and this will cause even more degradation of their bodies and minds to another level. They aren't promoting anything in Korea, Japan, or even the US, but they still have such demanding schedules to deal with.

Everyone likes to be at the top of mountain, but not everyone can handle it. All these other girl groups haven't seen or felt the kind of stress and pressure that SNSD is under from their huge success. Since 2009, ever since they exploded with Gee, they have been demanded like no other. They became the "Nation's Girl Group".

Here is what that title has given them since that time. They gained a lot more CFs to advertise, more magazine shoots to do, ridiculous amount of TV program schedules to appear on, special events or appearances to promote Korea or for SM to make money, 3-4 music programs per week when they perform and promote, appear on every single year end show (Gayo Daejun) for all 3 major networks, attend nearly every single Music Award show (Melon, GDA, SMA, etc), promote and travel back and forth between Korea and Japan at times, solo concerts all around Asia and their own 14 concert Japan Tour, attend many promotional concerts in other countries, and their own individual schedules to deal with. Seriously, that is a lot of things to do these past 3 years. SNSD has somehow survived and continued to strive even with these schedules thrown upon them. They had to sacrifice so much of themselves and sleep to do these schedules, I seriously don't know how they did survive it all, especially given how little rest they are given once they finish promotions.

As fans, we all love that the girls are active and are promoting around the world, but as this trend continues and their time continues to be divided and demanded amongst many countries, their physical and mental status will continue to weaken. They have never gotten any proper rest the past 3-4 years. Maybe a week off once they finish some heavy promotions, but that is not enough time to recover from all that physical and mental fatigue. In 2012, we have seen the girls not be actively promoting anything yet, but they still have their individual schedules for dramas, variety shows, musicals, etc, they have promoted in the US and France, they will attend more Music Bank around the world later in the year, rumors have SNSD releasing a new Japanese single in March, and supposedly an English album in the spring/summer time (Not that I don't trust Tiffany......I don't trust SM, they troll fans; masters of last minute change), Korean album sometime in the year, and rumored Japan Tour and full Japanese album, and maybe even US tour.

In a sense, I feel sad about what I am doing to these young ladies. I would like to see them promote in an area around me, like any other fan would, but in doing so, I am inadvertently causing and adding on to their stress and fatigue.

Guest Auratus

As fans, we love how Soshi is doing with all these activities around the world. They perform for big programs in the US one week, then fly to France to perform on that countries top TV program, and continue on with their concert tour in Asia immediately afterwards. The more popular that SNSD gets around the world, the more demand they will have and now, instead of that high demand from Korea only (which was already quite tiring on their bodies in 2009 and 2010), they will have to contend with helping to spread Kpop around the world and this will cause even more degradation of their bodies and minds to another level. They aren't promoting anything in Korea, Japan, or even the US, but they still have such demanding schedules to deal with.

Everyone likes to be at the top of mountain, but not everyone can handle it. All these other girl groups haven't seen or felt the kind of stress and pressure that SNSD is under from their huge success. Since 2009, ever since they exploded with Gee, they have been demanded like no other. They became the "Nation's Girl Group".

Here is what that title has given them since that time. They gained a lot more CFs to advertise, more magazine shoots to do, ridiculous amount of TV program schedules to appear on, special events or appearances to promote Korea or for SM to make money, 3-4 music programs per week when they perform and promote, appear on every single year end show (Gayo Daejun) for all 3 major networks, attend nearly every single Music Award show (Melon, GDA, SMA, etc), promote and travel back and forth between Korea and Japan at times, solo concerts all around Asia and their own 14 concert Japan Tour, attend many promotional concerts in other countries, and their own individual schedules to deal with. Seriously, that is a lot of things to do these past 3 years. SNSD has somehow survived and continued to strive even with these schedules thrown upon them. They had to sacrifice so much of themselves and sleep to do these schedules, I seriously don't know how they did survive it all, especially given how little rest they are given once they finish promotions.

As fans, we all love that the girls are active and are promoting around the world, but as this trend continues and their time continues to be divided and demanded amongst many countries, their physical and mental status will continue to weaken. They have never gotten any proper rest the past 3-4 years. Maybe a week  off once they finish some heavy promotions, but that is not enough time  to recover from all that physical and mental fatigue. In 2012, we have seen the girls not be actively promoting anything yet, but they still have their individual schedules for dramas, variety shows, musicals, etc, they have promoted in the US and France, they will attend more Music Bank around the world later in the year, rumors have SNSD releasing a new Japanese single in March, and supposedly an English album in the spring/summer time (Not that I don't trust Tiffany......I don't trust SM, they troll fans; masters of last minute change), Korean album sometime in the year, and rumored Japan Tour and full Japanese album, and maybe even US tour.

In a sense, I feel sad about what I am doing to these young ladies. I would like to see them promote in an area around me, like any other fan would, but in doing so, I am inadvertently causing and adding on to their stress and fatigue.

What you say is true, and no one can understand what the girls have to go through except for themselves, and that they can still exceed our every expectation is beyond remarkable.

What allows them to succeed and progress and achieve even more with inhuman consistency is beyond me. I mean, we can see some of it, the constant and unending support they have for each other, the support of their family and friends, but at the end of the day, when they get on the plane, when they move their tired bodies and exhausted spirits, what keeps them going is expectation. Theirs, ours, their country's, their family's.

We've seen what it takes for one of them to miss out on a schedule. Bird flu. Torn ligament. Broken bones. Flu + exhaustion + collapse. And as soon as they're able, they're at it again, desperate to be back on the stage with their sisters, to meet their fans, to exceed us and our expectations, time and again. You remember Sunny's tears, how horrible she felt for not carrying her share of the burden. These 9 are incredible is so many ways, and yet, they've been crafted, tempered, shaped and readied for this task. Are they like thoroughbreds, bred to run, can they can only be happy when they're running flat out for the distant horizons? 

How can they do it?

How can they KEEP doing it?

I don't know. I don't know that ANYONE knows. We're in uncharted waters, with hi-perfomance prototypes, if you will, and they're exceeding design specs consistently, with such grace and perfection that it humbles me.

It's like watching Olympic class athletes doing what they've trained half their life to do. We watch with disbelief, thinking we've seen them peak, seen them be the best they can be, winning awards and enthralling thousands at a time, and then they go on something like Letterman and NAIL it in one try and shine so brightly that it hurts to see them.

Have we seen them at their best? Have our expectations been raised too high?

If they were any one else. If they were alone. I'd say yes. But together, these 9, these idols, girls, women, they are truly something we've never seen before.

That doesn't mean I'm not holding my breath every time they go out there. I WANT to be surprised. I want to always be supportive and watch them continue to shine, but if it ends tomorrow, wow, what a ride, what an experience. What a memory to hold onto and cherish for as long as I live. Nothing lasts forever, right? 

But these girls, they might just surprise you. Again. And again. And always and forever.