少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

Guest vanessa1988

i saw both performances on tv and it was amazing! i think i prefer the letterman performance more though

but i was happy they got interviewed a little bit in kelly's show.

even though taeyeon is my favorite

i noticed sooyoung the most during the performance she looked so pretty!

all of them did great and im so proud of them.

i havent log on to soompi for so long, but tonight i just have too. Because i never thought, i would see a k-pop group performing on one of the top and well loved show in the US and around the world.

I can''t really call myself a true sone but i just have to say that was one impressive US tv debut the girls had. From letterman to kelly, they were flawless, they brought that snsd energy and fierceness to the performance and their vocals were great. I loved the Kelly performance because i can clearly hear their voice and taeyeon and seobb totally killed it. For Letterman, i loved that they remixed the boys and added the dance break, i guess for a late night show with an older crowd they needed something stronger and more energetic and boy did the girls bring it! The part where they all shouted "girls bring the boys out" made me so proud of the girls,they were confident and they were the snsd that the fans loved nothing more and nothing less. They didnt change anything, their appearance, their style, their teamwork it was all there.

Although realisticly i dont see this as the "breakout" point of snsd into the US market, i have to say being able to showcase k-pop and what snsd is made of will make people who dont know them yet sit up and pay a bit more attention. I dont think they have ever seen a group of 9 beautiful young ladies who can sing and dance so well and so in-sync with each other before.

All i have to say is, sones i know you guys are proud of the girls and you should be, so keep on supporting the girls and forget the haters. Because seriously SNSD was on freakin Letterman! and they gave it their all. I am looking forward to whatever the girls are planning to do next, because i know they wont dissapoint.

Keep in mind that the comments on twitter as well as on here or any other social networks don't represent the entire population who saw the girls. Because if there's negativity it's because those are the fans who were already introduced to KPOP and have strong opinions against the girls. A lot of people in my area who never heard of KPOP are actually quite impressed and interested in seeing more of the culture and the girls.

They've been compared to Beyonce and even the Pussycat dolls. Only thing setting them apart from the dolls, a lot says, are that all the girls are at least singing. They have talent and are something to look forward to.

I'm on the west coast so Live! With Kelly has not come on yet but I couldn't help myself and watched it on YT. Lol. 

IMO I really liked this one better than on David Letterman, don't get me wrong I still loved the performance on DL but I feel like their appearance on Live! With Kelly felt so natural and Kelly is so sweet! :) 

SNSD Performs On “Late Show With David Letterman” + Reactions

go to twitter and search #letterman the mean tweets do exist

and the comments on this article are wack too   :wacko:

You should hear some of the comments made by Americans when MTV first started playing Michael Jackson. Or what people thought of early rap like Run DMC. People used to make fun of Kurt Cobain...

You can't expect Americans to react any differently to something new that they've never seen before. Don't get upset and don't judge them. A lot of them will become fans later if they keep hearing it

The rest of the kids on that site who post mean stuff are just trying to be hipsters. Their friends like Kpop so they write out long heartfelt criticisms of it.

If you look at the tweets and reactions in whole they are very very strong. You expect a certain amount of blowback and hate. The only way you don't get that is if you do the exact same thing as everyone else

You guys also have to consider that the U.S. population is 307 million. For comparison purposes, Japan is 128 million and Korea is 48 million. Only legendary artists have been able to "conquer" the whole country. The artists that are popular today have a lot of haters as well but they still do well enough. So it should not be surprising for SNSD to get a lot of hate and love.

I do not like The Boys that much and I am just a casual SNSD fan but the Letterman performance was great. I think the girls can have some success here.

The girls do need to learn english and become somewhat comfortable though. It does not need to be perfect english but the rest will need to show their personality and charms so they can get more fans.

Guest HyperionZ

i havent log on to soompi for so long, but tonight i just have too. Because i never thought, i would see a k-pop group performing on one of the top and well loved show in the US and around the world.

I can''t really call myself a true sone but i just have to say that was one impressive US tv debut the girls had. From letterman to kelly, they were flawless, they brought that snsd energy and fierceness to the performance and their vocals were great. I loved the Kelly performance because i can clearly hear their voice and taeyeon and seobb totally killed it. For Letterman, i loved that they remixed the boys and added the dance break, i guess for a late night show with an older crowd they needed something stronger and more energetic and boy did the girls bring it! The part where they all shouted "girls bring the boys out" made me so proud of the girls,they were confident and they were the snsd that the fans loved nothing more and nothing less. They didnt change anything, their appearance, their style, their teamwork it was all there.

Although realisticly i dont see this as the "breakout" point of snsd into the US market, i have to say being able to showcase k-pop and what snsd is made of will make people who dont know them yet sit up and pay a bit more attention. I dont think they have ever seen a group of 9  beautiful young ladies who can sing and dance so well and so in-sync with each other before.

All i have to say is, sones i know you guys are proud of the girls and you should be, so keep on supporting the girls and forget the haters. Because seriously SNSD was on freakin Letterman! and they gave it their all. I am looking forward to whatever the girls are planning to do next, because i know they wont dissapoint.

I don't expect this to be a breakout either, even with the really good performances on 2 big stages like this. But at least it made some people open their eyes to SNSD and also Kpop. There will always be haters no matter what they do, but if they can peak the interest of a portion of the audience that watches it, then it was successful to me. Whether or not they continue that interest is up to them. I'm just proud of how they performed and gave it their all.

i have to say this even coming from a not SNSD fan, but the perf on Leterman, was great, you guys have to be really proud of the girls, they were so beautiful; i can imagine how nervous they were, poor girls, but they did great.

Have to be honest, i never expected SNSD on Letterman, i mean i watched Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains on that TV program, but i'm proud the girls, it always work good when they mix with a band, remember it's not Korean market we are talking about. Kelly was sweet, so the little interview, was fun to watch. I´m not going to count this as a debut in America, cus they have to live there and get to know more about the culture, what happended with the japanese debut, i mean they have so many antis and more things like that beacuse they don't know the language and the culture, i know is not the girls fault but i hope SM won't make this mistake again, if they want the girls to debut in America they need to stay longer there. Just my 2 cents from a wonderful cassiopeia.

Guest HyperionZ

i have to say this even coming from a not SNSD fan, but the perf on Leterman, was great, you guys have to be really proud of the girls, they were so beautiful; i can imagine how nervous they were, poor girls, but they did great.

Have to be honest, i never expected SNSD on Letterman, i mean i watched Pearl Jam and Alice in Chains on that TV program, but i'm proud the girls, it always work good when they mix with a band, remember it's not Korean market we are talking about. Kelly was sweet, so the little interview, was fun to watch. I´m not going to count this as a debut in America, cus they have to live there and get to know more about the culture, what happended with the japanese debut, i mean they have so many antis and more things like that beacuse they don't know the language and the culture, i know is not the girls fault but i hope SM won't make this mistake again, if they want the girls to debut in America they need to stay longer there. Just my 2 cents from a wonderful cassiopeia.

Thank you, SONEs are very proud of the girls for their effort and performance. They definitely do their best for their fans, even at the worst or are in worse conditions. I agree that they will have to live in the US to get acclimated to the culture and learn the language faster, but I don't think their Japanese debut is comparable. A lot of the antis in Japan are more anti-Hallyu. Also, I think Japan is more welcoming to a foreign group compared to the US market.

Since SNSD debuted there, while they haven't reached the heights of a group like AKB48, they are one of the top selling artists in Japan already, and the general public interest in Japan for SNSD is only behind AKB48 according to the online search rankings in regards to female idol groups and the TV ratings for Kohaku bare that out as well. SNSD's strategy in Japan is more comparable to Lady Gaga in a way than what Kpop groups are doing. They are learning Japanese, unlike an American artist like Lady Gaga, but SNSD isn't staying in Japan like KARA is. They haven't even stayed an entire week in Japan before except for their Japan Tour. Otherwise, they have been flying back and forth between Japan and Korea, and only appeared for music shows when they promote a new song. Maybe it is a mistake in the long run in Japan, but for now, their flexibility is working and allows SNSD to do many different events and not be constrained to one country. Unfortunately, that also means SNSD will continue to be overworked with little rest breaks in between.

Guest LittlePinky82

So I loved the experience not only as a Sone but as a Kpop fan in general. It was really exciting having Kpop live on my tv! Not just on Kpop music video's. I think I liked the Letterman remix a lot better. I loved the dancing. They were on point with everything and didn't look tired or anything like we've seen in the past some from running all over. So yeah it was great! I liked the Kelly appearance a little better cause they seemed more at ease and it was fun having Tiffany and Jessica some speaking. I lol about the joke about English and on Letterman I thought it was cute how he said "thank you" to them in Korean. Regis and his whistle lol. My Mother said she caught the girls on Kelly's show and didn't really care for it though. :( She's more of a fan of singers like David Cassidy though so yeah not really her thing heh heh. But I'm glad to see the girls getting a positive reaction from people! I hope we can see them on other shows in the future. I loved on Kelly hearing the fan chants and how surprised Kelly and Howie were with that haha. It was cool hearing the fans chant "

Sonyeo Shidae" when they did. It was a really fun experience and I'm a proud Sone and Kpop fan!

I'm not a SONE but I did watch both performances and they did really great! The Letterman remix was awesome, and I couldn't stop looking at Sooyoung because she was so freakin' gorgeous! It seems as if the members that are most popular in Korea, like Yoona and Sunny, the 'cutesy' types, aren't the ones that will capture the American audience, but members like Sooyoung and Hyoyeon will. That's jus how I see it. 

And about that mini interview on Kelly, I think Tiffany should've let Jessica do the talking. Tiffany's English isn't as good as it could be, and when Jessica chimed in a few times, it sounded like her English is better than Tiff's. I wish Jessica could've talked more. It really helps that they have 2 fluent English speakers actually born in the US though. It makes doing interviews a lot easier.

Guest TiFFaNiZeD

I loved the remix on letterman. woow!!!!! I cant be more proud!!! im glad ppls reaction to the girls are pretty good too!! it really helps that tiff and jess are native english speakers. But i thinkk tiff sounds moree confident and naturall speaking english. so at least it wont be a huge turn off as a first impression to the american public. It was not at all awkward as i had imagined. omgahh <3 they never fail to impress me!!

Guest -quiescent

I'm not a SONE but I did watch both performances and they did really great! The Letterman remix was awesome, and I couldn't stop looking at Sooyoung because she was so freakin' gorgeous! It seems as if the members that are most popular in Korea, like Yoona and Sunny, the 'cutesy' types, aren't the ones that will capture the American audience, but members like Sooyoung and Hyoyeon will. That's jus how I see it. 

And about that mini interview on Kelly, I think Tiffany should've let Jessica do the talking. Tiffany's English isn't as good as it could be, and when Jessica chimed in a few times, it sounded like her English is better than Tiff's. I wish Jessica could've talked more. It really helps that they have 2 fluent English speakers actually born in the US though. It makes doing interviews a lot easier.

Serious? I don't know about Yoona, but I know quite a few Westerners/Americans who are fans of Sunny. Maybe because you don't diligently follow the girls (so I understand if you say Sunny is the 'cutesy' type, since she acts it) but Sunny is quite sexy. And when she's fierce, heck she's FIERCE. She definitely has the sex appeal, I mean have you seen her hair cropped quite short (like The Boys mv although now her hairs grown of course), I mean gosh, she's HOT! <3

Of course some members will appeal to different countries/people. That's what I like about SNSD, they're all different in their own way but nevertheless all special. ♥

I loved both performances by the girls! Absolutely proud of them!!! Seobaby's vocals flawless and Sooyoung and Hyoraengi rocked it!

On another matter, I hope they can come to London in the near future!! And I'm also glad to see this thread revived.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to their next release ( Japanese single hopefully!!! )...

Guest LittlePinky82

^I think with who people will like it will just vary with people. My bias is Sooyoung and I like her cause (besides her skills) she's quite funny and seems like someone I would want to be friends with. All the girls seem that way though so it's tough to have a bias in the group, but it's nice to have a variety of different styles and personalities so there's a bias for everyone. happy.gif But I do agree that Sunny can be sexy too. I like her with her short hair. 

Guest thangkhung91

The first thing I did this morning was to watch their performance on Letterman! I'm gonna join in with everyone and say that I was REALLY impressed! Their dancing was on point as usual and their vocals were top notch! You could hear the girls clearly even if the backing track was a bit too loud at times.

I really think Seohyun deserves more credits for her vocals. I've never noticed this before but I had NO IDEA the high note Taeyeon does at the end of the song was supported by Seohyun. You can clearly see them do the harmony in the Live with Kelly performance.

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say that the girls did great and even though this might not lead to huge success for them, it is a big step for them AND for k-pop in general and I can't be more proud of them! :D

Guest imcutek

It was amazing seeing the girls on American TV!

I almost started crying during Letterman because I was so excited lol For the performance I preferred Letterman's, I really liked the remix. The thing that annoyed me is that the stage is to small for our girls, also I didnt like that atmosphere. I loved Live with Kelly :) the performance was good and they got an interview!!!! The fan chants were awesome and Kelly and Howie seemed to get along well with the girls. I was worried at first but after seeing their performances I can see that they brought their 'A' game. AHHHHHH Im so happy and proud. Its also really nice to see other fandoms supporting our girls and know how big this is for snsd and kpop :)