少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

The news is titled "People are criticizing the MC who slighted SNSD's Japanese"

On the HeyHeyHey show after SNSD's performance MC Hamada joked that "The song is good but I cant hear what they're saying"

It was something that should be just laughed off(It's typical Hamada style joke) but the Korea-antis in Japan made a fuss of it trying to make it into an attack of Japanese pronunciation of Hallyu stars. And then Korean reporters are trying to blow it up and stir up more fuss. It's best to not help the reporters' scheme, and just ignore it with a chuckle

cr.akimdondon

Guest Yamapi77

Oh my, regarding the Japanese pronunciation thing, I feel that SM is really to blame! They are really overworking the girls and they expect the girls to be super humans! They have to film in variety shows and expected to be masters of languages such as Japanese, English, and Chinese. It makes me field kind of sick of SM. I totally agree with Tiffany how she feels like SNSD need more breaks in order to succeed.

Sorry, Im really feeling bothered by Korean music companies using artists like products... :angry:

Oh my, regarding the Japanese pronunciation thing, I feel that SM is really to blame! They are really overworking the girls and they expect the girls to be super humans! They have to film in variety shows and expected to be masters of languages such as Japanese, English, and Chinese. It makes me field kind of sick of SM. I totally agree with Tiffany how she feels like SNSD need more breaks in order to succeed.

Sorry, Im really feeling bothered by Korean music companies using artists like products... :angry:

SM is to blame because some Japanese is rude enough to make fun of their pronunciation?

SM is allowing the girls to maximize their popularity and earning potential during the few years they will be popular artists around the world. I'm sure a lot of broke people like MC Hammer and the Backstreet Boys wish they had management who similarly had their back when their irons were hot.

Guest HyperionZ

Oh my, regarding the Japanese pronunciation thing, I feel that SM is really to blame! They are really overworking the girls and they expect the girls to be super humans!  They have to film in variety shows and expected to be masters of languages such as Japanese, English, and Chinese.  It makes me field kind of sick of SM.  I totally agree with Tiffany how she feels like SNSD need more breaks in order to succeed.  

There isn't any controversy from the Japanese media about this. It is just people who are anti-hallyu who wanted to make something of a comedian's joke about SNSD and in turn, korean media using that to create articles to get readers, meaning a site like AKP or even Soompi would translate the article and create a "controversy" over it. Noone takes Kang Ho Dong's gag style to fix people up together as anything serious, so why should we do the same for a Japanese comedian doing his normal snide comments?

I think we can all agree the girls are extremely overworked. However, it is not really because they are overworked that their Japanese language skills aren't that proficient yet. Tiffany said they needed breaks in order to succeed because they need to recharge their bodies and their minds as well from all the stress of doing so much work. She didn't mean they needed breaks so they could improve their language skills during those breaks.

If SM/UMJ wanted SNSD to improve their Japanese language skills, its not like they don't have examples within their own company of doing it with BoA and DBSK having shown the way for SNSD. SM could have put SNSD in Japan for months, if not longer, to learn and assimilate the Japanese culture and language. They definitely would have learned to speak and be forced to adapt if they did. However, that doesn't appear to be SM/UMJ's plan for SNSD in Japan. I can understand if some people want SNSD to do their best and would like SNSD to be more proficient in their Japanese, but SNSD is not concentrating on Japan that much except when they are releasing a new song/album. Besides their Japanese Tour, I don't think SNSD has even stayed in Japan for even a week. SM seems to want to expand's SNSD's brand name more globally and also keep their name in Korea as well. While SNSD's Japanese isn't improving as well as some fans or netizens would like, they are improving, and that is all I really expect as a fan from them. When SM decides SNSD should put more of their time in Japan and start to stay there longer, that is when you will see marked improvement in their Japanese.

Guest said_fujimoto

Oh my, regarding the Japanese pronunciation thing, I feel that SM is really to blame! They are really overworking the girls and they expect the girls to be super humans!  They have to film in variety shows and expected to be masters of languages such as Japanese, English, and Chinese.  It makes me field kind of sick of SM.  I totally agree with Tiffany how she feels like SNSD need more breaks in order to succeed.  

It's nothing,  Hamada's jokes are so harsh,  I have followed the jpop for years and I've watched those tv show for years, he has a strong sense of humor.

don't worry about it. SNSD's members must learn the different cultures between Japan and Korea, if they want to conquer Japan, they should familiarize  with the word "baka" (stupid)  *joke*  :P  well,  They're full of talent, SNSD's voices are powerful.

they have a good pronunciation in Japanese and  it's pretty good, they have all the weapons to conquer Japan.

note: hamada's favorite word is : baka(stupid)  lol

Guest Taengoo158

It's nothing,  Hamada's jokes are so harsh,  I have followed the jpop for years and I've watched those tv show for years, he has a strong sense of humor.

don't worry about it. SNSD's members must learn the different cultures between Japan and Korea, if they want to conquer Japan, they should familiarize  with the word "baka" (stupid)  *joke*  :P  well,  They're full of talent, SNSD's voices are powerful.

they have a good pronunciation in Japanese and  it's pretty good, they have all the weapons to conquer Japan.

Thanks for that =)

i don't follow J-pop so i don't know that the comedian MC is just doing his job as usual. I did got upset when i read the article. But thankfully people who knows more about J-Pop explained about the situation.

by the way, don't you think that this thread move really really slow?

Guest ThisYoyohere

the picture of sica eating ramyun is really cute. <- i think so too haha

SNSD is the best!! i really love these girls so much!!

recently i like their new christmas song! sounds so sweet

Guest lolly88

소녀시대의 크리스마스동화 티파니/Tiffany cover of -katy perry (teenage dream)

http://youtu.be/nEmNF4vPGzM

she started out well ,but it gets shaky towards the second verse ,notes were off at some parts

i guess she isnt suitable to see those songs with notes that are too high for her

Guest HyperionZ

1st Japan Arena Tour’ DVD and Blu-ray topped Oricon charts simultaneously

AKR20111221035400005_01_i.jpg

shadow_curl.png

Girls’ Generation’s ‘Japan 1st Arena Tour Girls’ Generation’ DVD and Blu-ray Disc (BD) topped Oricon’s charts at the same time.

According to Oricon on December 21st,  the DVD which was released on December 14th, topped the Oricon’s DVD  Weekly Chart for combined category (no.1 for Music category) with sales  of 69,000 copies in the first week. Also, the BD which was released on  the same date, secured the no.2 spot on Oricon’s BD Weekly Chart for  Combined category (no.1 for Music category) after recording sales of  37,000 copies in week 1.

With that, Girls’ Generation are the first foreign artists to top Oricon’s Weekly Chart for both DVD and BD in the Music category at the same time.

Credit: yna.co.kr

Source: Fanwonder

Netizens chose Girls’ Generation and Kim BumSoo as 2011′s best male and female singers!

Untitled.jpg

Female netizens picked Kim BumSoo and Girls’ Generation as this year’s best male and female singers.

A portal site dedicated for females, Easy Day recently conducted a  survey entitled, ’2011 Easy Day Entertainment Awards’. The result of the  survey was released on December 21st.

Out of a total of 1446 participants, 29.1% voted for Kim BumSoo and  Girls’ Generation respectively as this year’s best male and female  singers. Kim BumSoo is well known for his regular participation in MBC  ‘I Am A Singer’ this year, while Girls’ Generation have made their name  known all over the world, becoming the core of Kpop craze.

The top issue in the entertainment news this year went to the ‘Seo TaeJi  and Lee JiAh’s secret marriage and divorce’ case where it received 42%  of the total votes. Kang HoDong’s retirement (26.2%) and global  popularity of Kpop wave (15.4%) were ranked 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Other than these categories, surveys were also conducted on other areas  such as ’2011 Best Drama’, ’2011 Best Variety Programme’, ‘Best Actor  and Actress of The Year’, ’2011 Best Entertainer’,etc.

Majority of the participants were made up of female netizens (72%) in  their 30s (37%). 16% were those in their 20s and 28% in their 40s.

Credit: star.mt.co.kr

SNSD is selected as "2011 Best Star" by 48 people in entertainment industry . They got 15/48 votes ( 31%) . #2 is MC Kim Byungman ( 8 votes),#3 Cha Seungwon ( 5 votes) , # IU ( 4 votes) http://news.nate.com/view/20111222n03819

cr. cecil

I think this new survey of 2011 best stars with SNSD #1 is pretty significant. They surveyed 48 big time entertainment insiders like PDs and kpop company CEOs and top kpop composers so they are like the biggest authorities of kpop industry. Article said several kpop companies chose SNSD over their own artists.

Surveyed people include PDs of Running Man, Strong Heart, Inkigayo, I'm a Singer et cetera and CEOs of SM, JYP, CUBE et cetera and composers include Brave Brothers, Shinsadong Tiger, Jo Youngsoo

cr. akimdondon

Showbiz representatives chose Girls’ Generation as 2011′s Best Star!

201112220745773484_1.jpg

Through a survey conducted from December 12th to 15th by OSEN on 48 influential representatives from various entertainment fields, such as broadcasting, music, film, etc., Girls’ Generation were selected as the most prominent stars of the year. Out of the 48 participants, 15 (31%) showed their support for Girls’ Generation as 2011′s Best Star.

Kim ByungMan came in 2nd with 8 votes, followed by Cha SeungWon in 3rd with 5 votes. HyunBin and IU were both ranked 4th as they garnered 4 votes each.

Girls’ Generation received overwhelming support from the representatives in the music industry, including from the rival agencies. Once again, this has indeed proven the girls’ unbeatable popularity.

Out of the 12 participants who are representatives of various agencies and famous producers, five of them chose Girls’ Generation over their own agencies’ artists.

PDs of music and variety programs, as well as representatives from the film industry and other fields also showed their support for Girls’ Generation.

After hearing the news about the result of the survey, the girls said, “Thank you for watching over us well. We will work even harder in the future and we will show you a much greater side of us next year.”

Credit: osen.co.kr, fanwonder

Guest HyperionZ

cr. cecil

cr. akimdondon

That is a pretty big achievement that in the entire entertainment industry, including artists, actors, MCs, comedians, etc, SNSD is that recognized and acknowledged by the industry as the most important and influential stars. I always felt that SNSD would achieve something great in their careers because when I first noticed them, I thought their talents, personality, and group dynamics reminded me of Shinhwa in some ways. I just didn't think they would reach such levels and in only a few years. So proud of them. :)

We said 2009 was their year. Then we said 2010 was their year too. 2011 is looking to also be SNSD's year as well. Now we will hope and pray that 2012 will be SNSD's year as well.

Guest HyperionZ

A survey by 300 ajumas for" Lovely Idol Singers" ,SNSD is chosen as #1(39%), #2 2PM (25%) ,3# Bigbang #4 Beast ,#5 2AM

cr: Chichinhu

Guest lucky_tin06

I dont know if this was already posted but im just loving Infinite Generation

^_^

“The picture of Taeyeon in Infinite’s dorm belongs to Woohyun, and not Sungyeol.” — twitter @ onlyinfinite7

So, I guess our Taengoo has 3 fanboys in Infinite:Sungyeol, Sunggyu, and Woohyun :D

I mean no one can resist the charms of the Kidleader :)

35n4ilc.jpg

Guest HyperionZ

‘Gee’ and ‘Mr. Taxi’ charted on the Top 10 of Japan’s 2011 Ringtone Ranking!

2011122301001578600134902.jpg

On December 21st, the Recording Industry Association of Japan (RIAJ) released the ’2011 Ringtone Ranking’. Based on the chart, among Korean singers, only Girls’ Generation and Kara were ranked within the top 20 positions.

Girls’ Generation’s ‘Gee’ was ranked 7th and ‘Mr.Taxi’ took the no.10 spot. Kara’s ‘Mister’ and ‘Go Go Summer’ were ranked 6th and 11th respectively. Besides the two songs in the top 10 positions, Girls’ Generation’s ‘Run Devil Run’ was also placed at no.71.

Credit: sportschosun.com

Warning: Fany and Kon kiss pic

32fC0.jpg

SONEs are doing a project for the SNSD concert in Hong Kong on Jan. 15th according to ssf's calendar

This project is base on the following concert rundown ︰

1) Movie 1 - Opening

2) Genie (Event A)

3) You-aholic

4) Mr. Taxi

5) I’m In Love With The Hero

6) Movie 2 - Girls’ coming

7) Let It Rain

8) Girls’ Generation self introduction (Event B )

9) Snowy Wish

10) Kissing You

11) Oh!

12) Movie 3 - Girls’ messages

13) Don’t Stop The Music - Hyoyeon solo

14) Almost - Jessica solo

15) Three - Sunny solo

16) Lady Marmalade - Taeyeon & Tiffany

17) Movie 4 - Girls’ sneak and assemble

18) The Great Escape

19) Movie 5 - Girls’ shadows

20) Bad Girl

21) Movie 6 - Girls’ change: Black Swan

22) Devil’s Cry - Taeyeon

23) Run Devil Run

24) Beautiful Stranger

25) The Boys

26) Hoot

27) Movie 7

28) If - Yuri solo

29) Sway - Sooyoung solo

30) Stuff Like That There - Seohyun solo

31) 4 Minutes - YoonA solo

32) Movie 8

33) Danny Boy

34) Complete (Event C)

35) My Child (Event D)

36) Movie 9 - Girls’ Fantasyland

37) Nen-myung

38) HaHaHa Song

39) Gee

40) Forever (Event E)

41) Encore (EventF)

42) Into The New World

43) Way To Go

44) It’s Fantastic (Event G)

Note ︰ the above is the setlist for Singapore, it may be a bit different for Hong Kong Concert, TBC

Should aid action ︰

A. Genie

At the beginning , when the girls appear , the whole venue goes dark , people will turn off their lightsticks .

When Taeng sings ” so won neul ma nae bwa” , Sones will chant ” Ma nae bwa” then the standing turn on the lightstick

When is the 2nd line “so won neul ma nae bwa” one of the seating zone turn on their light sticks

And when the last “so won neul ma nae bwa” , the last zones will turn on theirs so the whole venue is fill with pink ocean .

B. Introduction

When the girls introduce themselves ‘「an nye ong ha se yo,so nyeo shi dae im ni da」 , Sones will reply [an nye ong ha se yo,sone im ni da’

C. Complete

For Complete , the front rows will hold paper with 「찾아와서 고마워요」[ Thanks for coming] and after Jessica finishes the 1st chorus, the whole venue will hold the paper [ You+ Me= Complete]

D.My Child

Fans will use water bubble gun

E .Encore

We are planning to shout “Bring The Girls Out’ at the Encore after forever

F . Forever

The whole venue will do this pinky promise gesture when the girls finish the 1st line

tumblr_lwlx7ohg0x1r2m0tj.jpg

G. Fantastic

Staffs will give pink balloons , then when Jessica sings the line [ Fly away , fly away] , Sones will release all the balloons so the venue will become the pink balloons ocean

cr; @Sosius_HK