少女時代 Girls' Generation / SNSD (소녀시대) Official Thread [Ver.3] GIRLS 6ENERAT10N | HYO 4th Single "Dessert"

kimlees

A very touching story about how someone became a new SONE and affected their life.

Saved From Silence: How Girls’ Generation Helped Me to Hear Again

Before starting to tell my story, I would like to thank Soshified for  the opportunity to share this story and show how important the members  of Girls’ Generation are to me. Since I’m not a Soshified writer I’ll  introduce myself: I’m Diéfani Favareto Piovezan, I’m 22 years old, and  I’m currently living in Brazil with my father and our family.

*quoted image*

If you’re like me, I like to know what the person who is writing looks like, so here is a picture of me.  I’ve lived in a world of silence for seven years. When I was fourteen  a neurological condition took my hearing away from me. Back then I was a  very active teenager, and I used to go out every weekend to dance,  watch movies, and party. But above all other things, I was in love with  music. I used to listen to everything from Mozart to Cradle of Filth. My  computer would be playing music all day long. Although I didn’t have  the gifted talent to play instruments or sing well, listening was enough  to fill my soul with joy.

When I lost my hearing, I tried to “listen” to music, but the only  way to do so was to actually feel the music. I used to leave my stereo  playing very loud so I could feel the sound vibration in order to enjoy  it just a little bit, but it wasn’t enough. Hearing aids never worked,  since the problem was in my auditory nerve. Either I would have to live  forever in a world of silence or get some kind of special hearing  implant.

I was afraid of getting an implant, so I chose to live in the  silence. When I was 17, I kind of gave up on music. Since I couldn’t  listen to the music, I felt like there was no sense in just feeling it,  because it didn’t make me happy the way it used to. Although I would  keep CDs in my car, I would only put one in when someone was in the car  with me.

I was in college when I met a group of deaf people who have cochlear  implants. A cochlear implant is a device full of electrodes that is  implanted in the cochlea through a 5-hour long surgery. It serves as a  substitute for the sensory hair cells within the ear, and has an  external piece that works as a speech processor. The sound comes through  a device that looks similar to a common hearing aid, passes through an  antenna that has a magnet in it, and finally goes straight to the brain.  The people I met who had cochlear implants could hear well, and I felt  motivated to get one as well.

I went to a doctor and he told me that since I had both American and  Brazilian citizenship, I should go to Brazil to get the surgery done for  free. I came to Brazil in January of 2010, and I waited nine months to  get the surgery done before the cochlear implant was activated on  November of 2010. A new world opened up, and I started to really hear  and understand both speech and sound by May of 2011. I slowly started to  listen to music again, but only the old songs that I listened to when I  was 14.

*quoted image*

The cochlear implant on the day when it was first activated.  A friend of mine introduced me to K-Pop and she showed me some  videos. I liked the blast of colors, but I was still adjusting to the  implant and couldn’t really hear their voices over the background music.  But I kept listening. In August a big change occurred and I was able to  listen to a lot of things. I even started talking on the phone with  some relatives. I felt excited to learn more about K-pop, but I didn’t  find any groups that I really liked. I heard songs by Brown Eyed Girls,  Jewelry, Super Junior, 2NE1, f(x), 2PM, and many more, but nothing  excited me. I felt as if it just sounded like “common” music. They were  good, but they didn’t really touch me.

It was October 18th, 2011 when S.M. Entertainment uploaded a new  video called “Girls’ Generation: The Boys” onto their YouTube channel. A  friend of mine who loves K-pop saw it and sent me the link to the video  on YouTube. I waited for it to load so I could see it. When the song  started, I thought, “Pretty girls”, but then suddenly I heard the song  starting and something inside me was screaming, “THIS IS JUST WHAT YOU  WERE LOOKING FOR!” It was love at first sight and first hearing. I could  hear how each of them had powerful voices. Although I don’t understand  any Korean, I could clearly understand the words they were singing. That  was the day when Girls’ Generation came into my life.

*quoted image*

“The Boys” was the first Girls’ Generation video I ever saw, so it’s very important to me.  After I heard “The Boys”, I was insanely looking for videos on  YouTube and information on Google. My friend and I spent 48 hours awake  in order to learn how to recognize each member. In the end, we were the  ones answering the “who is who” questions on the YouTube comments. Every  single day I would wake up and go straight to the computer to do my  college work and listen to Girls’ Generation’s songs. I’ve bought a lot  of their songs on iTunes. I’ve made Tiffany my desktop and iPhone  background. Their songs are my ringtones. I stay up nights watching  them.

They touched me deeply because many pop stars act like they are at  the top of the world, but not Girls’ Generation. They act like human  beings, like nine girls in their twenties. They are loud and playful,  they say things from the heart, and they are so grateful to their fans  that it makes us feel like we are the ones who are working hard for  them.

The members of Girls’ Generation didn’t just touch my heart and soul,  but they helped me a lot to improve my hearing more and more. When you  are not able to hear for many years, your brain forgets how to hear, and  you have to learn how to hear all over again when you get a cochlear  implant. It takes many years to be able to do many of the things that I  used to do.

I usually select the songs I like the most and leave them playing all  day long. They are like my hearing therapists. I listen to them and I  try to recognize their voices, and by the voice tone I know who is  singing. I also use their songs to identify strong phonetic sounds that  can be clearly heard in the Korean language. Of course I get it wrong a  lot of times, but I also get it right a lot of times. Their videos work  the same way: I let the whole video play, and without looking at it I  write down on a piece of paper who is talking and strong phonetic sounds  that I hear. When the video finishes, I actually watch it to see what I  heard right.

It seems like a stupid thing, right? Well, to my surprise, it  actually improved my hearing. On November 11th, 2011 I went to the  hospital to adjust the implant’s volume and hearing speed. They  conducted the audiogram and all the hearing tests that they always do,  and the audiologist said, “Well, I don’t know what you’ve being doing,  or what happened, but your improvement now is at 93%. When you last came  in August it was 58% and now it’s 93%. It’s insane and amazing.  Whatever you’re dong, it’s working, and it’s helping a lot.”

*quoted image* 

From that day on, I never stopped watching Girls’ Generation’s videos  or listening to their songs. I do watch other videos and listen to  other songs, but only Girls’ Generation can truly help me with my needs.  My friends are starting to love them because of me, but for me they  have a much bigger importance in my life. I expect to be hearing even  better in a year or two, and I intend to go to a Girls’ Generation  concert. Whether they’ll be in New York City, Brazil (maybe, since they  are getting a lot of fans here), or in Asia, I’ll try to save some money  to see them sing and dance live, and I will enjoy every single part of  it.

Thank you, Girls’ Generation. I’m grateful that you have all worked  so hard and never given up. Thank you for being such great singers, and  for that reason, thank you for helping me to hear better every day. I  expect you’ll work for many years more, so I’ll be able to attend a lot  of concerts. Your work has set my soul truly free. It makes my soul full  of joy, but above of all, it brings a lot of sounds and music to my  soul.

Some people might see this story as stupid or childish, but only a  person who has lost the ability to hear and then is able to hear again  can understand how it feels and the joy I feel inside me. My soul was  shut away from the world and sad because my soul is the one of a person  who can hear and listen to music, and Girls’ Generation brought my  happiness back. Thank you Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon,  Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona, and Seohyun. I’ll keep working very hard to hear  more and more each day just like you keep working hard to bring smiles  to our faces. Hwaiting!!!!

Written by: Diéfani Favareto Piovezan

Edited by: michaelroni@soshified.com, residentbenchwarmer@soshified.com, MoonSoshi9@soshified.com

Absolutely beautiful and such a heart warming experience. Music is where the heart is, this saying is so true. SNSD is an inspiration and they always will be one! Us S<3NES will always support and love our Nine Goddesses. ^_^

Guest -quiescent

I'm sooo happy that the girls are going to have Time Machine in the repackage of their first jp album!! Does anyone know what the girls will be performing this evening for the fns music festival in Japan?

The Girls looked soooo good from their performance at the FNS! OMG! Hyoyeon looked so good! And the other girls were def. bringing all they had to the stage~! And I adored Sunny Bunny! I think the Camera man liked her too! :wub: :wub: :wub: Good luck girls on your next promotions!

Guest HyperionZ

e4D59.jpg

Tracklist

DISC 1

1. Santa U Are The One (Superjunior(슈퍼주니어))

2. Sleigh Ride (東方神起(동방신기))

3. Distance (Boa(보아))

4. Last Christmas (Shinee(샤이니))

5. Diamond (소녀시대)

6. For The First Time (강타)

7. Like A Dream (Trax(트랙스))

8. The First Noel (장리인)

9. 1,2,3 (F(X)(에프엑스))

10. Amazing (천상지희-다나&선데이)

11. Happy X-Mas (War Is Over) (J-Min)

Guest HyperionZ

Soshi arriving at Changi Airport in Singapore

x2_9b6f571.jpg

x2_9b6f0dc.jpg

jZRu9.jpg

12qxD.jpg

Mr Taxi album

467156404.png

467158418.jpg?Expires=1323327026&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=fECpU8HGM-Nyjishq6v%7E6d9GnVaKaQI3GomMzIcWX7OFghMaYjh%7Eo6w-QsNCh0qsMEPjuVO7UbzG1Hz7ap5of-6gk6NGmpFmty62j83DzQi9CBldIA7pDfjeJlNdQ096fFIDZE8PW7v6dxwlxHxKhEixTpmfNSRLKjZIyyzqg%7Ew_

Fany in red lipstick just kills me...................thank god I bought this album, lol.

Guest HyperionZ

Would it be possible for you to upload the individual photos up by themselves? Thanks!

I'm just posting up pics from what I find online. So far I haven't seen individual pics of the postcards or photocards yet.

Guest slowmindedone

for the smtown winter cd...what's the difference between the gold and silver version? Because i read somewhere that the cd was a gift to international fans meaning that they record the songs in english...so is one like the korean version and one is the english version?

Guest awwimsosweet

Goodies from SNSD are pouring, which one will you buy?

Click the links for more info on how to order/pre-order

SNSD’s full-length Japanese album ‘Girls Generation’ sells close to 1 million copies

The ladies of SNSD who are actively standing on stages all across Asia are about to sell 1 million copies of their first full-length Japanese album, ‘Girls Generation‘.

According to Japanese media outlets such as Sankei Sports, ‘Girls Generation’ which was released in Japan back in June has already sold more than 850,000 copies.

A repackaged album is scheduled to be released on the 28th, and therefore with it’s inclusion in the sales figure, it is highly likely that their first album will surpass the 1 million sales mark. The repackaged album contains songs like “Time Machine” as well as the Japanese version of the “The Boys” from their third album which was released globally in October.

In the event that SNSD sells 1 million copies of ‘Girls Generation’, they will become the first overseas artist to accomplish such a feat in Japan. There has yet to be a Korean group in Japan to sell 1 million copies of an album (Note: BoA as a solo artist already accomplished this feat), so needless to say, all eyes are on the SNSD girls.

Additionally, ‘Girls Generation’ ranked #1 on major Japanese album distributor Tower Records‘ ‘2011 K-POP Album Sales Ranks‘, tallying the number of albums sold between January 1st and November 30th of this year.

In related news, SNSD has attended FujiTV‘s ‘FNS Song Festival‘ on the 7th, and will be rounding out the year at NHK‘s ‘Red & White Singing Battle (Kohaku)‘ on the 31st.

Source & Image: Newsis via Nate

Girls’ Generation’s First Japanese Photo Book Ranks No. 1

Girls’ Generation’s photo book Holiday is selling out fast in Japan.

According to the December 8 ranking of Japan’s Oricon Weekly Chart, Girls’ Generation’s first official Japanese photo book Holiday, which was released on November 30, sold 17,000 copies, making it the highest selling photo book of the week.

The photo book shows the girls in everyday situations, like taking a break or getting ready to go out, and shows what it looks like to have the nine members live together. It also features a poll that reveals what the members think about many different issues.

Girls’ Generation will also release a repackaged version of its album Girls’ Generation in Japan on December 28. The album will contain a new track titled Time Machine, the Japanese version of The Boys, and remixed versions of three songs from the original album.

With the repackage, the Girls’ Generation album is expected to hit the one million mark, as the original album has sold about 850,000 copies already.

If this happens, Girls’ Generation will become the first Korean group to sell a million copies in Japan, and it will be Japan’s first million-selling album this year.

Girls’ Generation will be performing in Japan’s largest year-end song festival, the 62nd NHK Red & White Song Battle, on December 31 along with Kara and TVXQ.

Source: enewsworld

SINGAPORE CONCERT

The girls are rehearsing Top Secret now~!!! ^___^ Besides The Boys, they will be performing Top Secret~~

c:sunnyism

so far the song snsd gonna perform: Genie, I'm in love with the hero, you-aholic, the boys eng ver and top secret

c:theboyboy321

MR.TAXI TAXI TAXI 

wub.gif

0lFM7.pngr7TYp.pngXoTll.pngislQY.png

uweZd.pngf0yo3.png

eWRij.pngQWBtT.png

feTaW.png

xWots.jpgTPWIQ.jpguRanE.jpgv8mBm.jpgdZfj7.jpg

75f3b859gw1dnvk1lixvbj.jpg

75f3b859gw1dnvkei00ruj.jpg

75f3b859gw1dnvk7xlci9j.jpg

75f3b859gw1dnvjnaqwhyj.jpg