Hot Gimmick

Guest i.nvalidc.reditc.ard

Guest kissmyface

Im only on volume 6. So far i really enjoy it!

From reading these comments though..I take it the last

volume is going to be disappointing XP

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest I_broke_a_nail!

hatsumi is a little skank. I'm so serious.

She likes every guy she encountered.

No one deserves her because she's way too evil.

She's the classic "I hate that female character"

She makes really stupid decisions but I guess its because SOME of the guys are unrealistically EVIL.

But... I liked the manga nonetheless.

I liked the entire thing, except the last volume.

It's not young-viewers friendly.

HAHAHAH.

Guest suNgie ;- rAwR

BAH i hated the end!! all that story build up for nothing!! but i guess they couldnt really do much with it. still i loved the story, totally made my heart race!

like wooooo whats going to happen next?!?!?!

im so glad i had all the books at once, i dont think i could have waited to buy the next one.

i read them all in one day!

• 1 month later...
Guest oceansportrait

I really liked this series up until around volume four when it just started to fall apart. Up until volume 4, it was exciting, and a definite page-turner. It still had the same old stereotypes I've grown used to reading in shoujo mangas, but she definitely pulled a twist I didn't see coming. Hot Gimmick "S" (the novel with an alternate ending to HG) isn't worth reading though. As much as I am a fan of Shinogu, that novel felt like a 6th grader wrote it. And it wasted a lot of pages (~50) of the beginning summing up the first 10 volumes. Which I thought was totally unnecessary considering I hardly think anyone who ISN'T already familiar with the series would want to read an "alternate ending" of a story they've never heard of.

Guest moon_nuh

hihi, Hot Gimmick is one of my favourite mangas . Aihara Miki sensei is grate too. Who know her manga : As long as there is a sun in the sky ???? This manga is upload on the net the 1st vol. I am so curious about vol 2 and 3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest dreaminglil_mariel

*wagggghhhh I can't stand this!! I can't find the scans for ch. 48-51...*wagghhhhh wagghhh help me!!! I'm going crazy lol I just can'tb stand not being able to see the next page and what happens!! Does anyone know where I can find it?????? PLEASE HELP ME!!

ps

^.^' eh??? ah hehehehe wow everyone really seems to be mad at Ryoki lol. I'm gonna defend him haha.. even though he seems rouh and perverted, can't really blame him for wanting to be selfish since he was such a lonely guy and had only liked Hatsumi. Even when they were little..he had thought his secret hiding place to be his and hers but she invited Azusa and so he just got mad. So, he isn't THAT bad...just rough around the edges lol. BUT OMG!! Azusa is soooooo hot lol and Shinogu is sooooo sweet...he's liked her for such a LONG TIME!!! *sigh Even I wouldn't know who to go for if I were Hatsumi (probably Shinogu though since he's waited soo long). Oh! And Hatsumi isn't such a bad girl..I think Akane is more flirtatious than she is because she's more conservative and always thinks of others..can't be helped that the guys liked her hehe.. Dain! I ruined the ending by reading everyone's spoilers lol just couldn't help it...anyways..HELP ME PLEASE!!

Guest animei626

I love that series. <3 Wished they made it into an anime. You guys should read Teachers Pet, same author but A LOT more smut. Sexy. <333

You can download manga off of mangatraders.com, I saved me 1000$. :D

• 1 year later...

I dunno. Everyone loves this manga but I seriously dont -_____-

I feel sad but good thing I didnt buy and just read online. cuz I would have just wasted my money.

I mean I love shoujo stories with bad guys loving their girls crazily but this is beyond crazily.

I can feel the main guy's love for her but I find him brutal and just want to touch her blah blah blah. I can't actually see how she falls in love with her "brutalness" Guess love is such a mysterious thing.

I really prefer her ending up with her brother or her first boyfriend but still not really the kind of manga I would waste my money on. Im actually surprised I managed to finish it.

• 3 months later...
Guest miss_prada_g

Can anybody spoil the ending for me? I want to know what happen at the end. Depending on the ending, I'll see if I want to continue to read it or not. Thanks!

I agree with most of you guys...I really despise Hatsumi because she's such a dope...i mean...grr...grow a back bone!! >:T

Hot Gimmick ends with Hatsumi getting with Tachibana's son, and her older brother going into a monestary because he knows he will never love anyone but Hatsumi and he couldn't bear to live on being her big brother, so he ended up being a monk in hopes of trying to mend their broken relationship. Hatsumi's younger sister Akane dates Subaru, and Azusa ends up finding out that Hatsumi's dad was the scape goat and wasn't the man who left his mother it was Tachibana's father who paid Hatsumi's dad to take the blame. Azusa ends up becoming genuine friends with Hatsumi and tries to get her to get with him or her older brother, but his plot in the story is rather faded after his arc so yea...Tachibana's mother divorces her hubby and leaves leaving the other ugly neighbor lady to take over as the "head" in the complex, and tachibana and hatsumi consummate and the next day it's a brand new day :P wow...i hope that helped lol. n.n;;;

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest lilbabie168

this is one of my favorite manga book. i have all the volumes of it and i just started reading another manga of hers that i like. i dont really remember what happens but since its summer, i think i am going to reread the manga =P

Guest Meepyish

Like practically everyone's said here, the ending sucks really badly. Not just because they made Shinogu go to a monastery (UGH, WHAT A WASTE!), and not because Hatsumi stuck with Ryoki (as I reread the manga more, I actually liked his character more--it's so cute how he's so into Hatsumi and how possessive he is of her <3). The main reason why I didn't like the ending is because it was such a cop-out. Everything else in the series was amazing, and really well-paced and full of dramatic turns, but then you hit the ending, and you get the feeling that Aihara-sensei didn't really know what to do for it, or expected another volume or so to flesh out a more interesting conclusion.

Oh well, I still adore the manga. I just try to pretend that the last volume (and the book for that matter) doesn't exist.

i really like this manga at first, it's unique and bittersweet....and i admit i was hooked. but then it kinda went down after a few chapters and omg the characters annoyed me so much. hatsumi was way too passive, i was sick of her being thrown around by ryoki, who acted like an abusive sonofab!tch throughout the whole manga, i really don't know why she stayed with him. the only one i could tolerate was shinogu... and he ended up as a monk! i was like wth. just because he was too good for hatsumi didn't mean he couldn't have someone else!!!

overall, the manga started off good, but ended badly.

Guest .:dark.moon:.

lol, i dont like tachibana's son =_= to me...he's a really annoying person..

i like hatsumi's older brother o.o he's...interesting?

but anyways, this manga is really good XD

I just finished this manga recently.

I couldn't stand the ending.

For me, it started out good but ended up disappointing.

Archived