[Drama 2010] Please Marry Me / All About Marriage 결혼해 주세요

Guest xjUnebUgs

Guest marinai

Kinda like this drama ending, the open ending lead me to think that they will be a couple afterwards because they still love each other, the drama is painting a cycle with the parents: the dad has been a total jerk for his wife during years, because of traditions and love they stayed with each other and the pd had the wife sick for the husband to realise that his behaviour towards his wife was like mini cooper! TH and JI the more moderns one went trough divorce but may have their happy ending once TH will learn how to cherish and respect his wife and the young ones to adquire maturity!

The message of the drama is not that bad, JI did not date the hottie because she still loved her husband, now to fully love him he will have to respect her! It's not a weak message at all, since some people do crazier things in name of love! If they become a couple again he will know how to act properly to not loose her AGAIN!

That's my point of view don't hate me!

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest happipplrock

A little something something I want to say about this drama.

I started watching this drama on tv after "Three Brothers" finished its run. At first I didn't like it since I've seen so many family oriented drama before but I watched it anyway. I'd say from ep 1-15 I was addicted by all the conflicts and problems. The characters....well I mean most of the characters pleased me and I wasn't angry YET. Further on watching I started really getting mad at everyone in the drama except Joon hehe whats there to hate about that cute kid? but yea it seemed like the directors ran out of ideas and just dragged everything. just my opinion.

Jeong Nim- My my where do I get started with her. I pitied her (of course) having to go through all the BS that Taeho and his family put her into. Yet I still believed she would grow some balls curse them all out especially Taeho and his papa and get together with Choi hottie! LOL. only in my dreams. She didn't she just stood there pretending to be okay yet inside her heart she couldn't forget Taeho. This might sound harsh but she will always remain his "slave" in a sense. I guess I was frustrated that she wasn't becoming the Jeong Nim that "I" the viewer wanted her to be. Overall I liked Jeong Nim's character as a person.. Kinda knew that she would reject Choi hottie. QUICK FACT: So I remembered I saw the actress that played Jeong Nim somewhere before. So turned out she played in a previous drama that involved her husband cheating on her with another woman also. Something I found interesting :D

Taeho- Boy do I dislike this guy. Jeong Nim was a great wife yet he betrayed her like that. But I understood where he was coming from. He just got into the newly found fame and fell into it. Having to see (as much as I hate to say it) the beautiful Seoyeong how could a guy not fall into it? I don't know he just annoyed me. What's the point of saying your over her if your still gonna follow her around? [Jeong Nim]He's always on Jeong Nim's case for being w/ Choi hottie yet he's the one that is always w/ Seoyeong. I don't see how he's not at fault.

Seoyeong- Of course I didn't like her what a homewrecker. He's married GET AWAY! She's gorgeous finding someone a million times better than stupid Taeho isn't hard. But I'm guessing she enjoyed the fact that he was married.

Choi Hottie- Loved him. Very hot LOL. I enjoyed his appearance very much. Just when I thought there was going to be no eye candy in this drama he popped up. Really wished Jeong Nim didn't reject him.

Mama and Papa Kim- I loved the dad in "The sons of sol pharmacy" he was adorable but in this drama he was a major jerk. He was so into money and status. The mom was supportive loved her. <3

Yeonho and Joon's papa- In the beginning I loved there romance I looked forward to see how it would progress. But did they really have to make him rich? UGHHHH! Ruined everything for me. I wanted him to just stay poor and prove to everyone that he could get out of driving a taxi. Yeonho is just like her dad and brother but I liked how she was soft towards Joon.

Gangho and Da Hye- There really cute. I liked Gangho's determination to win over Da Hye's mom. Da Hye had her moments where she acted really spoiled but they brought some cuteness to the drama. The baby was beyond cute too.

Everyone else- I really liked Dahye's mom. Although she was rude I found her really funny sneaking around to see Dahye. For being "old" she's really hot LOL. I find it weird that she's older than my mom yet she looks so much better. Dahye's uncle and Gangho's aunt were cute. Their relationship was weird though. Joon's grandma I found weird. Complimenting Yeonho's eyes and what not. WEIRD. Joon's aunt was so honest! She and Aeran (Jeongnim's rice cake boss) spoke there minds and i loved it. I think it was ep 36 when Aeran yelled at Taeho and Seoyeong about being cheaters I was so happy. I know I'm missing some other people but I'm top lazy to type xD

Well overall Please Marry Me is good. Just be prepared your gonna scream at every single character at some point. Except Joon LOL.

Guest sayroo

amm003.png

Haru Haru Subs Presents,

All About Marriage / Please Marry Me

EPISODE 43 *HANrel*

Translations by KBS WORLD

Special Thanks to KaKak

Transcriber & Timer: starstruck

Editor/QC: sayroo

Coordinators: sayroo, cute girl

EPISODE 44 *HANrel*

Special Thanks to KaKak

Transcribers: leesja, benchmarkjoe

Timer: benchmarkjoe

EPISODE 45 *HANrel*

Special Thanks to KaKak

EPISODE 46 *HANrel*

Special Thanks to KaKak

Transcriber: pinkmokofox

EPISODE 47 *HANrel*

Special Thanks to KaKak

EPISODE 48 *HANrel*

Special Thanks to KaKak

*Please SUPPORT fansubbers, not streaming sites! **Twitter **Wiki **Blog

DO spread the word to get High Quality english subtitles for this drama @ haru2subs.com*

Guest kekonaipo

So SY does the woman scorned thing and rats on JI and TH!

She should have ratted on herself too. I was so annoyed when I watched the episodes that unfolded that part of the storyline. Frustrating. At any rate...it's written her out of the story for now and that's something to be grateful for. :D I hate her false sense of entitlement and lack of respect for others.

Guest kekonaipo

A little something something I want to say about this drama.

I started watching this drama on tv after "Three Brothers" finished its run. At first I didn't like it since I've seen so many family oriented drama before but I watched it anyway. I'd say from ep 1-15 I was addicted by all the conflicts and problems. The characters....well I mean most of the characters pleased me and I wasn't angry YET. Further on watching I started really getting mad at everyone in the drama except Joon hehe whats there to hate about that cute kid? but yea it seemed like the directors ran out of ideas and just dragged everything. just my opinion.

Jeong Nim- My my where do I get started with her. I pitied her (of course) having to go through all the BS that Taeho and his family put her into. Yet I still believed she would grow some balls curse them all out especially Taeho and his papa and get together with Choi hottie! LOL. only in my dreams. She didn't she just stood there pretending to be okay yet inside her heart she couldn't forget Taeho. This might sound harsh but she will always remain his "slave" in a sense. I guess I was frustrated that she wasn't becoming the Jeong Nim that "I" the viewer wanted her to be. Overall I liked Jeong Nim's character as a person.. Kinda knew that she would reject Choi hottie. QUICK FACT: So I remembered I saw the actress that played Jeong Nim somewhere before. So turned out she played in a previous drama that involved her husband cheating on her with another woman also. Something I found interesting :D

Taeho- Boy do I dislike this guy. Jeong Nim was a great wife yet he betrayed her like that. But I understood where he was coming from. He just got into the newly found fame and fell into it. Having to see (as much as I hate to say it) the beautiful Seoyeong how could a guy not fall into it? I don't know he just annoyed me. What's the point of saying your over her if your still gonna follow her around? [Jeong Nim]He's always on Jeong Nim's case for being w/ Choi hottie yet he's the one that is always w/ Seoyeong. I don't see how he's not at fault.

Seoyeong- Of course I didn't like her what a homewrecker. He's married GET AWAY! She's gorgeous finding someone a million times better than stupid Taeho isn't hard. But I'm guessing she enjoyed the fact that he was married.

Choi Hottie- Loved him. Very hot LOL. I enjoyed his appearance very much. Just when I thought there was going to be no eye candy in this drama he popped up. Really wished Jeong Nim didn't reject him.

Mama and Papa Kim- I loved the dad in "The sons of sol pharmacy" he was adorable but in this drama he was a major jerk. He was so into money and status. The mom was supportive loved her. <3

Yeonho and Joon's papa- In the beginning I loved there romance I looked forward to see how it would progress. But did they really have to make him rich? UGHHHH! Ruined everything for me. I wanted him to just stay poor and prove to everyone that he could get out of driving a taxi. Yeonho is just like her dad and brother but I liked how she was soft towards Joon.

Gangho and Da Hye- There really cute. I liked Gangho's determination to win over Da Hye's mom. Da Hye had her moments where she acted really spoiled but they brought some cuteness to the drama. The baby was beyond cute too.

Everyone else- I really liked Dahye's mom. Although she was rude I found her really funny sneaking around to see Dahye. For being "old" she's really hot LOL. I find it weird that she's older than my mom yet she looks so much better. Dahye's uncle and Gangho's aunt were cute. Their relationship was weird though. Joon's grandma I found weird. Complimenting Yeonho's eyes and what not. WEIRD. Joon's aunt was so honest! She and Aeran (Jeongnim's rice cake boss) spoke there minds and i loved it. I think it was ep 36 when Aeran yelled at Taeho and Seoyeong about being cheaters I was so happy. I know I'm missing some other people but I'm top lazy to type xD

Well overall Please Marry Me is good. Just be prepared your gonna scream at every single character at some point. Except Joon LOL.

Well said! :) I enjoyed the drama too. There were times I would take 2 week breaks between episodes because I'd get so frustrated...but that's the charm of writers I suppose. I'm happy with Song In Sun's (DH's mom) transformation. She became a loving MIL and helping GH's aunt get with DH's uncle.

Guest b00kw0rm

She should have ratted on herself too. I was so annoyed when I watched the episodes that unfolded that part of the storyline. Frustrating. At any rate...it's written her out of the story for now and that's something to be grateful for. :D I hate her false sense of entitlement and lack of respect for others.

She tried to put the blame on JI. When she was found out, she called TH a coward. Like it was so brave on her part to blame JI just so that TH would hate her?! If her reason was that she wanted TH to turn to her for support, well at least I would still hate her but not despise her as well! But no, it was not even that. And it was interesting that TH didn't turn to her. It seemed that he had finally put that temptation to rest... but it was too late.

I am also disliking Choi. Lately, he has not been listening to JI but rather trying to force his views/ways on her. He looked delighted and proud with the write-up his silly manager had written to promote JI's new album. If he knows JI then he should know that her integrity would not allow her to do that. To think it is a great idea show that he really doesn't know her and more, that he doesn't deserve her.

Having said that, it is disappointing that so close to the end and JI hasn't grown a pair! TH has started his transformation. Though late in the game, it is a start. It is time she starts becoming her own person. That was the reason she left her maritial home in the first place!

Guest 2Van123

points of observation :-

1. When TH was successful – i.e. became a professor and was co-hosting a TV show – he wanted to treat YI to an expensive meal. She said it was a waste of money. At the restaurant, she showed an embarrassing lack of table etiquette. By comparison, when she was successful, she treated her friend and friend’s husband to a meal at a posh restaurant. They were delighted with the treat and didn’t make a scene.

2. Everyone who knew them wondered why TH kept quiet when JI was being slandered online and in the press. Now the reverse has happened and their family and friends just feel sorry for TH but no-one (except the friend’s husband) wonders why JI doesn’t speak up! Choi called TH a coward for not speaking up. To JI, he says its good business sense to play it up! Because a major part of her succeess is not attributed to her singing talent but to her 'poor victim' image which her agency wants to run with for what its worth.

Not that TH doesn't deserve what he is going through. The Dad, or was it the Mom (most likely the Mom) who said that TH needed to learn the hard way. But yeah, all things considered, I stopped feeling sorry for JI a long time ago. Now I'm watching just to find out what will happen to the Mom (though her fate based on kbs format is 99.9% certain).

amm003.png

Haru Haru Subs Presents,

EPISODE 49 *HANrel*

Special Thanks to KaKak

EPISODE 50 *HANrel*

Special Thanks to KaKak

EPISODE 51 *HANrel*

Special Thanks to KaKak

EPISODE 52 *HANrel*

Special Thanks to KaKak

DO spread the word to get High Quality english subtitles for this drama @ haru2subs.com*

Guest b00kw0rm

Usually endings in kdramas fall flat and this was no exception! Dalhe's Mum has taken leave of her senses thinking that she could breastfeed her grandchild! And I don't like the way GH butters her up. Its so insincere and throughout the drama, he had been the most honest and sincere of the 3 siblings. I know his MIL is a vain and silly woman but the way he was buttering up was nauseating!

I still don't see why Jun's Dad would want YH and I still hate the fact that she gets to marry a rich man!

Never thought I would but somehow I liked the part when JI and TH met at their old spot and smiled at each other.

Guest 2Van123

Kinda like this drama ending, the open ending lead me to think that they will be a couple afterwards because they still love each other, the drama is painting a cycle with the parents: the dad has been a total jerk for his wife during years, because of traditions and love they stayed with each other and the pd had the wife sick for the husband to realise that his behaviour towards his wife was like mini cooper! TH and JI the more moderns one went trough divorce but may have their happy ending once TH will learn how to cherish and respect his wife and the young ones to adquire maturity!

The message of the drama is not that bad, JI did not date the hottie because she still loved her husband, now to fully love him he will have to respect her! It's not a weak message at all, since some people do crazier things in name of love! If they become a couple again he will know how to act properly to not loose her AGAIN!

That's my point of view don't hate me!

wow, almost a month behind you! Just caught the ending. I agree with your points but just to add on that at the end, JI realized that she too was at fault. Because of her low self-esteem, she lost the things she most valued - over her singing career and success. And the open ending suggests that she would claim them back and more because TH and his Dad have grown up and also come to see her as a person in her own right. And it was sweet that MIL chose to have 2 days a week for herself rather than follow JI's leave-home-to-find-myself crap. Everyone is learning from each other.

Overall I think it was a pretty neat drama.

amm003.png

Haru Haru Subs Presents,

EPISODE 53 *HANrel*

Special Thanks to KaKak

EPISODE 54 *HANrel*

Special Thanks to KaKak

EPISODE 55 *HANrel*

Special Thanks to KaKak

EPISODE 56 FINAL *HANrel*

Special Thanks to KaKak

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest gwapa_ko

still at episode 10...i hate lee jong hyuk's character (still love him to the bones though :D:wub: :wub: )...and i just want to pull all of suyeong's hair! why the hell did she ask what's the relationship between him and taeho! this girl is stupid... :angry: :angry:

i love gangho and dahye's love story. :)it gives cuteness in this drama and takes us away from all those bad doings of taeho and his dad to their wives...

• 3 years later...

I'm watching this drama by myself and I'm on episode 34.  At this point, I'm so sick of the wife because she's clinging to a marriage with a man who's sick and tired of her.  He's shown it in every way.  I just want her to kick him to the curb and move on with her life. I understand that she invested her whole life into him, but now it's time to let go. He's in love with this other woman, why continue to use "marriage" to hold on to him. He's so unworthy of her love. The minute he became a tiny bit successful and caught the eye of another woman, he treated his wife bad. When he pushed her down in public when she brought him some new shirts, I was done with him.

Update: At episode 42 and her voice continues to be nothing but an absolute voice of negativity.  I'm disappointed that no one voice the fact that  it was the husband he broke up their marriage, not her. Why should she stay with a man who constantly ridicule her efforts. I have to say though that I'm tired of her too. How can she love someone like him? Where is her own self respect?  I hate, hate, hate that the writer has her still interested in him. He will never change and I don't care what the writer. Even if he does for a little while, he will revert back to his old traits.

Episode 44 and she's still stuck in a rut and he's still as demeaning and negative as either. Why does she need validation from him. Will the writer ever make her grown.  It seems very doubtful. He's officially dating the other woman and she's trying to impress him.....WHY???!!!

Episode 46 and I'm really tired of the female lead and the writer. I hate the message that it's okay for women to be verbally dumped on by their cheating husbands constantly and they still longed to be with someone like that. Who in their right mind, once they've gotten away from it and see what it means to be treated nice by a good man, want to go back to that crazy cycle of negativity?  I still don't like the husband and he hasn't been redeemed for me after all the things he's said and done to her. He's stringing two women along. Why should the cheated on wife care if her ex-husband's career is damaged due to his affair--he knew the risk and accepted it. It makes me sick that women in K-dramas are depicted as so self-sacrificing for no good men. Just stupid.

Episode 52 and I'm still tired of the wife/ex-wife. I have no clue as to why she loves this man. He treated the 'girlfriend' 10 times better than he ever treated his wife. So why in the world would a woman want to be with him---they wouldn't if they're in their right mind. Also, when he decided that he wanted to cheat on his wife while still pretending to be a "marriage" expert, he chose to deceive people. She didn't want to give up on the woman who later betrayed him.

Archived