[Movie 2010] Cyrano Agency 시라노

Guest MissMellis

There are no available download links since the movie is not yet in open in Korea. Cyrano's official release will be on the 16th of this month. I can't wait to see it as well. The cast is just so cool. biggrin.gif   

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were several events prior to September 16 Cyrano Agency movie in theatres.

5 cities participated in nationwide premieres: Seoul, Busan, Daegu, Gwangju, Daejeon with the Pink balloon event with the audience.

Sept 11 and Sept 12

mnet-ca1.jpg

psh-movieweek1-2.jpg

psh-movieweek3.jpg

psh-ca-stage2.jpg

Lotte Cinema Konkuk University, "All About Love " mini-concert, Sept 13 and broadcast live through TV pot starting at 7pm.

pop0908_1.jpg

psh-new-11.jpg

psh-23.jpg

psh-new-15.jpg

vids can be found at link below.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dora tahlia

Does anyone know the song that plays in Cyrano Agency official trailer

starts at about 0.50??

I wanna watch this so badly hahaha I love lee min jung and Park shin hye :)

Oh and Uhm Tae-woong and Daniel Choi...

Oh No worries!! Found the song hahaha

Guest em.sie_1813

I'll definitely watch this movie as soon as they release vidoes.. Is there any? keke..

WAH.. They came to Konkuk Lotte cinema there?? I stay at the dorm at konkuk univ. for 7days.. wahh.. We've also been there at that Lotte mall, show also movies there....

Park Shin hye, lee min jung, eom tao woon, daniel choi.. Hwaiting! :P

Guest GinnySparrow

"Cyrano Agency" claims No. 1 spot on local box office

Korean romantic comedy "Cyrano Agency" made its way up to the No. 1 spot on the local box office over the weekend, pushing past former winner "The Invincibles" during the final week of September.

The Korean Box Office System (KOBIS) reported on Monday that "Cyrano Agency", which opened in theaters on September 16, came in first place attracting 428,103 moviegoers during the weekend of September 24 to 26.

"Cyrano Agency", helmed by director Kim Hyeon-seok, is about how two love agents, played by Eom Tae-woong and Park Sin-hye, try to help their client (Choi Daniel) win over his dream girl (Lee Min-jeong).

Meanwhile, previous No. 1 title-holder "A Better Tomorrow", starring Song Seung-heon and Joo Jin-mo, dropped a spot to second place with 304,057 admissions and animated picture "Despicable Me" came in third, selling 285,244 tickets.

Korean action pic "Trapped" held onto its position in fourth with 210,263 admits and Hollywood thriller "Resident Evil: Afterlife" slipped a notch to fifth place, having sold 207,176 tickets.

Other movies in the top 10 included "The Borrowers", "The Man From Nowhere", "Quiz King - 2010", "Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore" and "Grand Prix".

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Source : 10.asiae.co.kr/Articl... ( English Korean )

(www.hancinema.com)

YaaaaY ~ Woooo-Hooooo!!!!!!! I knew bb will pull an amazing crowd into the cinemas!!!!!!!! UhmForce Spell spreads slowly around the world!!!! Bring out the soju!!! UTW is ♥!!!! ^_^ ♥♥♥

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ForbiddenJell02

anyone know if eng subbed videos are up?

Did you mean the movie itself?

If so, I doubt because the movie is still showing in Korea.

I'm so glad that the movie is doing so well in Korea now and I heard that it nearly reach (or already reached) 2 million viewers right now since its opening last 16th Sept. Congratulation to Cyrano team!

Guest ForbiddenJell02

"Cyrano Agency" places at No. 1 once again

ca1-1.jpg

Korean actors Uhm Tae-woong and Choi Daniel on the movie poster for "Cyrano Agency" [Lotte Entertainment]

Korean romantic comedy "Cyrano Agency" has placed at the top spot on the local box office once again, taking its third consecutive win in the country.

According to the Korean Box Office System (KOBIS) on Monday, "Cyrano Agency," starring Uhm Tae-woong and Park Shin-hye, was the most-watched movie in the country, attracting 244,757 moviegoers during the weekend of October 8 to 10 to rake in over a total two million admits since opening in theaters on September 16.

"Cyrano Agency," helmed by director Kim Hyun-seok, is about two love agents (Uhm and Park) who help their client (Choi Daniel) win over the girl of his dream (Lee Min-jung).

New release "Detective Dee," starring Chinese actors Andy Lau and Carina Lau, bowed into second place in the local box office, selling 190,387 tickets and Korean comedy tentatively titled "Banga? Banga!" held on the No. 3 spot with 184,658 admits.

Hollywood romantic comedies "Letters To Juliet" and "Eat Pray Love" ranked in fourth and fifth place, respectively, with 136,902 and 80,555 tickets sold.

Other films on the top 10 included "Despicable Me," "The Invincibles," "The Man From Nowhere," "Trapped" and "Resident Evil: Afterlife."

Reporter : Lucia Hong luciahong@

Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Source:

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010101110251800340

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2010101110233082257

Guest ForbiddenJell02

'Cyrano' a sweet, mature portrayal of modern love (might contain spoiler)

[Jainnie's Cine Korea]

People often say that love is a game. And in the recently released romantic comedy "Cyrano Agency", five new players give the game their best shot as they try to cloak the truth in the attempt to win over their "targets".

Byeong-hoon, played by Eom Tae-woong, operates a dating agency called Cyrano that offers to play cupid to its clients - helping them win over their romantic crushes, without anyone finding out about the arrangement. One day, Sang-yong, a fund manager played by Choi Daniel, walks in with a request to win over Hee-joong, his crush, who turns out to be Byeong-hoon's former love.

As the movie title appropriately suggests, it is a modern take on the 1897 French play "Cyrano de Bergerac" about a French cadet of the same name, who because of his unflatteringly large nose, expresses his love for his distant cousin, Roxanne, through love letters via one of his cadets, Christian. Roxane believes the letters were written by Christian, who is also in love with Roxane.

The movie waltzes around the idea that if played well, love can indeed be won. As Sang-yong recites "perfect" monologues - written ahead of time by Byeong-hoon - during his romantic situations with Hee-joong, she starts to fall for him.

During this process, the movie plays well with the metaphor of young lovers ultimately becoming actors for each other, especially when young without a clear sense of self identity. It's true that we often play a role for each other, whether you are temperamental with one person, or spontaneous and wild with another. Different personalities are portrayed depending on who we meet, or at the very least, different parts of us are accentuated during varying relationships - all points the film catches onto in a sweet, yet mature portrayal of young love.

As in any memorable relationship, the film wisely acknowledges that it is not the facts but the nuanced details that are most important in the process of falling in love. In each of the flashback scenes between Byeong-hoon and Hee-joong, the audience gets a sharp sense of the couple's own language, whether they talk about their song, a lighter or clam soup.

Amid the flood of carelessly made romance movies of late, "Cyrano Agency" is a breath of fresh air. There is no bad guy or gal who is trying to create misunderstanding between the lovers.

Because Byeong-hoon and Sang-yong are both well developed, the audience ends up feeling empathy toward both.

In the end, director Kim Hyeon-seok's sharp, intelligent direction leads us to root for whoever wins over Hee-joong, but nonetheless sympathize with the one who doesn't.

"Cyrano Agency"

Drama / Korean

Now playing

By Cho Jae-eun

Source:

http://www.hancinema.net/-cyrano-a-sweet-mature-portrayal-of-modern-love-25357.html

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/

Lee Min Jung, works for screen, too... Will she be the 'Next Box Office Queen'?

lee-min-jung.jpg

Actress Lee Min-jeong hit double homeruns in both drama and movie. She caught attention by her cute and lively posture in ‘Smile, Love’ and then she also stole audience’s heart by innocent and lovely charm in the film ‘Cyrano Agency’. This is more encouraging than usual because she actually defeats every men’s dream girl Kim Tae-hee to get this result. Since all of her recent main role work became all successful, she became the number one actress.

Lee Min-jeong debuted by ‘Boys over Flowers’. She left a strong impression by acting Lee Min-ho’s fiancée who has very clear view of her own. Then she built up a lot of experience by appearing in all over the movies and dramas. She did PR by playing in ‘White Night’ starring Ko Soo, Son Ye-jin, and also played in 'Searching for the Eplephant' which is movie that goes on main by three main, Jang Hyeok, Jo Dong-hyeok, and Lee Sang-woo. She did best of herself even though her role was tiny compare to the main role.

She satisfied everyone with her being in the works which she acted as main characters. She wasn’t even getting any doubt about her acting talent which many new actors get pointed out for. Lee Mi-jeong is a actress that knows what to wear. She played characters that were similar to her without any awkward sensation and this is how she advertised herself to others.

‘Cyrano Agency’ is a romantic comedy which started from the idea that they help who are not good with love by written script. In this film, she creates n odd feeling during her decision between her ex—boyfriend Byung-hoon (Eom Tae-woong) and a naïve boy (Choi Daniel). Her role in this movie was ‘Target girl’ in agency who does others’ relationships for them. ‘Target girl’ who audience cannot figure out her inside, is the point in this movie that sticks audience to Lee Min-jeong and stay focused through out the movie.

Actually, there were not a much people who thought this movie will be a success. Success from unexpected movie made a good chance to reexamine Lee Min-jeong’s hidden talent. She will be the person who is most beneficial from this movie. Her being was shining in this movie.

Partially, her reexamination is coming from the unexpected success of the film. Because of the fact that this is Lee Min-jeong’s first move, many people start to watch without any expectation but after the movie, everybody was falling for her own lovely and comic acting. Lee Min-jeong had many male fans from her beautiful face, but from this movie, she got also many female fans from her natural but classy fashion.

Also, Lee Min-jeong’s stardom is similar to Jeon Ji-hyeon’s and Kim Ah-joong’s since they also became famous from one romantic comedy movies, ‘My Sassy Girl’ and ‘200 Pounds Beauty’. She might be turn into a blue chip of Chungmuro and continue the tradition of famous actresses.

Lee Min-jeong, who showed a great first step, is screaming from happiness due to too much love calls. People will see how high she can fly with wings that she got from ‘Cyrano Agency’

Source : Hancinema

of course ... she IS! CF Queen, drama queen and now Box Office Queen!!! Min Jung unnie is THE BEST! :wub:

Guest ForbiddenJell02

Wanted to share Movieweek magazine scans.

They were now new but I don't think they were been posted here before.

Such a waste if not sharing it here :P

Moreover I enjoyed all the casts photoshoot together, those who worked together to make the movie success now including those who worked behind the scene as well.

Congratz to all of them ^_^

mw3.jpg

mw4.jpg

mw6.jpg

mw5.jpg

mw2.jpg

th_mw1.jpgth_mw7.jpgth_mw12.jpg

th_mw8.jpgth_mw10.jpgth_mw9.jpgth_mw11.jpg

Cr. movieweek and SH's baidu

Guest ForbiddenJell02

Now lets read UTW thoughts about Cyrano, his past works and a little of his personal.

Uhm Tae-woong: Healing through Cyrano

Uhm Tae-woong‘s new movie Cyrano Dating Agency comes out this week, and I am beyond sad that I can’t see it. (Because, seriously? So. Cute.) It also means that he’s in the news a lot these days, doing promo appearances and interviews such as the one below.

“The hurt I received from Seon-deok, I healed with Cyrano.”

Uhm Tae-woong. Is it because the reverberations from Devil are so strong? He’s often played strong characters. But the real Uhm Tae-woong looks more like a playboy. It could be because people saw his merit revealed in Birth of a Family.

That’s the reason that Queen Seon-deok gave Uhm difficulty. With his toughness mixed with his hidden gentleness and his playboyish qualities, he was better suited for the role of Bi-dam than Kim Yu-shin.

Cyrano Dating Agency, which opens on September 16, is an ideal fit for Uhm Tae-woong. In the movie, he plays a man who must set up the woman he loves with another man. He’s a bit of a snob and a bit playboyish, but also harbors his own pain. With Cyrano, it feels like Uhm has put on his own clothes again after a long time.

When did you get the offer for Cyrano?

I got the offer when I was filming Queen Seon-deok and met with director Kim Hyun-seok. I could really sympathize with the character.

You’ve acted a lot of strong characters, from Cell Phone to Chaw and Queen Seon-deok.

To be honest, I had difficulty with previous projects. It wasn’t something I could experience personally, or draw out from myself, which was really tough. That’s why I thought Cyrano would be fun, and there were a lot of parts that were like me. I’ve also had relationships broken up because I was at fault.

You say you’re like the character in that you broke up because of your flaws. Since you were public about your girlfriend, it comes across as a meaningful statement.

Ah, I misspoke. [Laughs] Well, aren’t relationships given up when things become difficult for yourself? In the end, the problem is whether I love myself or the other person more. If I break up with someone I love, isn’t it because I’m immature? That’s why I identified with a lot of the dialogue in this movie. It’s not that you trust someone and therefore fall in love, but that you trust someone because you love them.

Before seeing the movie, I wondered about your story, but it turns out to be very sympathetic.

That’s right. That’s what the director said, that I have a playboy vibe, but that’s where the subtle fun is. Plus, our movie has Daniel Choi as a safety net. [Laughs]

It feels like you’re wearing clothes that fit right for the first time in a while.

It was comfortable and enjoyable. I realized the joy of communicating with the director and in working. As I acted, I felt like I was pretending, and had difficulty when doing Queen Seon-deok. Well, I was also sick and spoke a lot. I think that became like medicine — it was a slump, but after going through that period, I gained even more while doing Cyrano.

Were you envious?

Don’t jealousy and pettiness feed on themselves? [Laughs] After acting calm, you really do become calm. When I was doing Cyrano, it would give me strength and I would wonder at how fun work was. I think I solved poison with poison.

You’ve acted in a lot of projects involving a lot of fighting with opposition. It seems you were free from that in this film.

It’s true that I was tired from all that fighting. The best thing is that I wasn’t able to enter those worlds themselves, but passed through them. That’s what I mean by pretending. This time, as I talked and drank with everyone every day, I understood better what kind of story the director wanted to tell. The director drew me out naturally, and I felt like I entered the world more.

You’ve never had rumors pop up about you and a co-star. Perhaps that means that people felt some distance, but this time we’re hearing that talk quite a bit. You must have been comfortable with Lee Min-jung and Park Shin-hye to talk about marriage* with them.

There was a bit of joking going around about how Uhm constantly suggested getting married to his co-stars. He even says it on camera in the behind-the-scenes video clip posted here.

Why? You never know. [Laughs] That’s a joke. I think I know what you’re saying. You’d think that because I have an older sister, I would be able to act comfortably with women, but actually that’s not the case. I say pointless things and tend to get off-guard. On that point, I think this movie was well-suited for me.

Do you believe in fate, as we see in the movies?

In order to win over my first love, I wanted to show her my vision and enrolled in to the theater department. But she ended up leaving. I was wandering, wondering what to do, when I met the manager I work with now, and then I started acting in earnest. I went to that school to win her, but thinking about it now it’s like I went to meet that friend. I think that’s fate.

It was edited down, but there’s a line of dialogue in the movie about never knowing what life will turn up. It didn’t stick, and it ended up being changed to “blessing in disguise.” Thinking about it now, that applies to me and the movie.

In the past, it seems that you have longed to be the kind of actor with very powerful acting, but you seem to have released that tension this time.

When I started working, I acted with Sol Kyung-gu sunbae. I’d worried a lot at one point, about whether I just didn’t have it, or if it was being blocked and unable to come out. And then, instead of thinking of those burdens, I decided to act with what I had. It wasn’t giving up, but recognizing the truth. I’ll be able to do that kind of acting at some point, but for now I think I’ll have to do what I can do well.

Like in the movies, do you think you have to give up something in order to gain something?

Yes. For instance, even if you want to marry, you have to give up something, which is too bad. In the past I thought I could marry, but now I feel bummed about what I’d have to give up.

Do you remember your first kiss scene?

Of course. I remember the first kiss scene in a music video, in a one-act drama, and in Resurrection. I tend to remember things like that, like what I was wearing when I met my first love. I even remember the scent of the wind on the first day of Cyrano. We were in Myeonmok-dong, and the wind smelled like acacias.

You seem to be riding on the wind of this project.

It has a lot of influence on a person. That also makes me feel uneasy. But the fact that I’ve been able to come this far means I’ve been fortunate, and also that I’ve met a lot of people who know me well.

Cr. to javabeans

http://www.dramabeans.com/2010/09/uhm-tae-woong-healing-through-cyrano/

http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2010090814013988518&type=1&outlink=1

• 1 month later...
Guest patricedee

Hi guys! The DL link for Cyrano Agency is out but there is no subtitles yet. Just download it by part if you're not a premium user coz only those premium users of megaupload can DL the whole movie. Please click this link CYRANO AGENCY DOWNLOAD :D:D:D

Cr. Yellowcinema and Megaupload

Hi guys! The DL link for Cyrano Agency is out but there is no subtitles yet. Just download it by part if you're not a premium user coz only those premium users of megaupload can DL the whole movie. Please click this link CYRANO AGENCY DOWNLOAD :D:D:D Cr. Yellowcinema and Megaupload

WHOA~~!!!!!!

i've been looking allll over for this~!~!~!~!~!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

Guest pottrings

And the file is HUGE. that wld certainly take some time to dl. are there any smaller files out there?

Despite the show being so popular, i can only find one link to the movie (provided by patricedee,thanks!).it's rather disheartening.

Guest bananaleaf

i watched the first part subbed at viikii.. so funny!!! but need more subbers, please come help sub cyrano!!!

so far the movie reminds me of hitch...i wonder if they'll help girls as well...cuz guys have it so easy, if you sincerely like the girl and work hard to win her heart..bam the girl falls in love with you right away. hahah

Archived