Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

7 Korean Actors You Probably Had No Idea Use Stage Names Instead Of Real Names

#3 is a little too sweet to handle.

rsvmcvivcktNEhAkJJtwa-WuStxFXEPjMkHZMC3J

Koreaboo

Just like K-Pop idols, Korean actors also often use new names to start their careers. But often, fans are not aware that their favorite actor’s legal name is completely different from what they know them as! Here are 8 such actors whose real names might take you by surprise:

7. Son Ye Jin

jS56IJ6EYlRlGGsKT8Df06IhQ2W_X_rcTOXv7bdzmsmURBfYwQHfkSTGoRpkgVf3cc-1b4JvjBxtDoAh8-OwyTIWDgt5_Bwxwxn_Q0Asiu8qPG0=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365| @yejinhand/Instagram

Just like her husband Hyun Bin, Son Ye Jin also adapted her stage name at the beginning of her acting career. Her real name is Son Eon Jin. Though the difference isn’t too drastic, Son Ye Jin definitely fits her like a glove.

SOURCE:

https://www.koreaboo.com/lists/7-korean-actors-probably-no-idea-use-stage-names-instead-real-names/

7 Korean Actors You Probably Had No Idea Use Stage Names Instead Of Real Names

Just like K-Pop idols, Korean actors also often use new names to start their careers. But often, fans are not aware that their favorite actor’s legal name is completely different from what they know them as! Here are 8 such actors whose real names might take you by surprise:

7. Son Ye Jin

A57-BBF48-CC7-D-48-C2-9-DD0-2-D1-C8-B061

| @yejinhand/Instagram

Just like her husband Hyun Bin, Son Ye Jin also adapted her stage name at the beginning of her acting career. Her real name is Son Eon Jin. Though the difference isn’t too drastic, Son Ye Jin definitely fits her like a glove.

hyun bin son ye jin thumbnail
Home » Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin, who will be parents in 3 months, receive both good and sad news 
articleCelebrity

Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin, who will be parents in 3 months, receive both good and sad news 

phuongminhdo

September 17, 2022

Hyun Bin, who married the same-aged actress Son Ye Jin in March, will become a father at the end of this year. 

Famous actor Hyun Bin worked hard this holiday season to secure the best future for his child. Even now, the actor is focused on the promotions of his new movie, “Confidential Assignment 2: International”. 

In fact, “Confidential Assignment 2: International” is the return work of Hyun Bin, who took a long break after announcing his relationship with Son Ye Jin on January 1st, 2021. 

hyun bin son ye jin

As a result, many people are paying attention to whether “Confidential Assignment 2: International” would do well.

However, over 1 week after release, “Confidential Assignment 2: International” has received both good and bad news. 

The good news is that the movie has surpassed 4 million viewers as of 7 AM (KST) on September 17th, within 11 days of release, which is a huge feat. 

confidential assignment 2

Since the break-even point of “Confidential Assignment 2: Internation” is 3.5 million viewers, and the movie is still receiving a lot of love, it can be considered a success for Hyun Bin. 

However, in terms of the “Confidential Assignment” franchise, “Confidential Assignment 2” is doing worse than the first installment, and seems to be struggling to surpass its predecessor’s box office success of 7.81 million tickets sold in 2017. 

Spoiler

At the same time, compared to the first movie, “Confidential Assignment 2: International” did not have to compete directly with any large works, and is dominating cinema sales. 

In particular, while reception during the first week was explosive, from the 2nd week on, “Confidential Assignment 2: Internation”, witnessed a huge decrease in the number of audiences. 

Spoiler

Accordingly, some film industry officials predicted that it would be difficult to surpass the record of 7.81 million viewers unless the movie managed a significant rebound. 

Meanwhile, “Confidential Assignment 2: International” tells the exciting story of the North Korean detective Rim Cheol Ryeong (Hyun Bin), the South Korean detect Kang Jin Tae (Yoo Hae Jin), and the FBI agent Jack (Daniel Henney), who join hands to investigate and catch a global criminal organization.

confidential assignment 2 confidential assignment 2

It is said that the appearance of the three people, who pretend to be on the same side, deceiving each other little by little, and conducting a joint investigation is three times more fun than the first movie.

Source: insight

allkpop logo

Posted by Sophie-Ha   Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Son Ye Jin shares the struggles she faced during the 22 years of her acting career

AKP STAFF

1645044231-untitled-1.jpg

Son Ye Jin recently confessed about the burden that is increasing over time.

In the newest episode of tvN's 'You Quiz On The Block,' Son Ye Jin appeared as a special guest to promote her new drama 'Thirty, Nine.'

On this day, Son Ye Jin explained that she had only appeared in 30 projects in the 22 years of her acting career. She explained, "There aren't too many films for actresses. No one told me to take on the burden but I feel like I was carrying the responsibility alone."

Son Ye Jin explained that she would feel like a doctor getting ready for surgery every time she goes to the bathroom to wash her hands and explained how she would prepare for filming. She explained, "When there is an emotional scene I have to film, I have to control my mind. I even become reverent when going to wash my hands. This is my way of getting ready to act well. I do my best when filming just like a boxer would when they enter the ring."

1645045313-image.png

Son Ye Jin also explained that she would wake up at 6 AM or 7 AM every day and walk around the park listening to music a few days before filming an emotional scene. She said she would worry and shared, "I always have a fear thinking 'Can I do this well? What if my emotions aren't up to par during the filming?' I want to run away countless times." She then added, "The downside to this career is that no one can help you. It gets really lonely once you stand in front of the camera. It was a constant repeat for me wanting to run away but then I have to accomplish this work greatly."

Son Ye Jin had dreamt of becoming an actress ever since she was in middle school and was able to luckily debut in the film industry. In a blink of an eye, she passed her 20s and is now in her 40s. Son Ye Jin shared the burden she felt and explained, "I have a sense of responsibility for a project as well as the acting skills I must show. I have to show an improved self but there is a limit to how much I can evolve. I feel that there are standards and expectations I must satisfy so it's hard for me."

The actress shared that the burden increased with time, and it's different from when she was a rookie and was only busy concentrating on acting. Son Ye Jin shared, "A month before the film premieres, I can't sleep. I know very well that just because I don't sleep doesn't mean the film would be successful but I get so nervous when I think about the staff members and fellow actors who went through so much hard work. I worry thinking, 'What if the movie completely fails?' So, this tension is in constant repeat."

SOURCE:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/02/son-ye-jin-shares-the-struggles-she-faced-during-the-22-years-of-her-acting-career