Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

PinkYan, aren't we all thirsty for her news.

The only piece of news that's related to her is about My Way.

At first there was alot of news flying here and there about Kimura Takuya joining the project. But now, it seems like Odagiri Joe (yay!) is in talks to take on the lead role as the Japanese soldier alongside Jang Dong Gun and our unnie.

Nothing's 100% firmed up yet, but Odagiri and yejin! Woot! The picture's already forming in my head. :)

How I wish she plugs PT all over Asia...then we can see more of her!

Guest quidotta

Sorry, I have no new information of Son Yejin to share, just some pictures. Hopefully, she is enjoying herself after working so hard for "Personal Taste".

Some lovely pictures of Son Yejin

2010062445057_2010062439341.jpg

24371_14219_2711.jpg

20100624_1277367187_2.jpg

Source: Nate

Son Yejin's pictures on one of her many travels abroad

887ED8B9EAC49AB585F1D5C54DA781.jpg

887ED8B9EAC49AB585F1D5C649A684.jpg

Guest cris14

12426665.png

I am not sure if this is new..

Hi to everyone! new and old..

Thanks for updating guys! I have been very busy lately and I missed this thread so much! :tears:

Hi all

The threadstarter has not been active since Aug last year, is anyone keen to take up the role to update the first post?

The active members may want to discuss who should take it up - drop me a PM after you'd reached a consensus :)

Please ensure you are familiar with the K Dramas & Movies rules B)

Thanks!

Guest whatleftforme

yay, finally the mod has dropped by.

Uhm I think cris will be a perfect candidate. If anyone here agree says "aye."

No news on her after Maldive's trip?

I've heard that they'll release PT DVD sometime during August. I hope they'll pack nicely with all BTS, NGs...Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Guest cris14

I will be glad to update that but I may have to do it if I have more time to do some back reading hehehe..

I would be glad to take up the role but if someone is interested other than me of course feel free to do so..

Ok, I am not sure but the place sure does look like Maldives..hhihi

so pretty!!!

zxq12a12434.jpg

zxq2a12434.jpg

shinning yejin

Guest whatleftforme

Although Joe isn't bad (love him in Shinobi), I prefer Kimu for our SYJ. I mean, Kimu with midas touch in J-entertainment + golden man JDG of K-world = (we hit the) gold mine :w00t:. SYJ would be nothing else but diamond :lol:. It sounds too perfect coz 3 top stars put together would chop up a major portion of $$$.

Re: cris

Maybe I read/watch too much of "Fairy Tail" ^_^ , so there goes my "aye." Thank you so much for accepting the role housekeeper of this thread :wub: . I know that you'll do a great job. Wish you good health so you can bring us latest news & pics of SYJ (just don't overwork yourself ;)).

Re: updating this thread

I already contacted rebby that cris will uptake the role. Hopefully we can see the modifications in the near future.

I'm sorry all for not contributing much to this thread. :(

Guest cris14

ann: I received the moderator's letter. And, they are concerned about my having violations (which by the way I wasn't completely aware of before. Not reading policies I know! hehe). But I replied regarding that matter so I hope they consider.

Diamond of course!

12779043642010063022261.gif

now I am so sure this is in Maldives! from DC

38338174.jpg

Guest quidotta

I am sorry I am late. Aye to cris14 too! You definitely have our love and support!

I don't mind Joe being in the movie with Son Yejin instead of Kimura. No offense to Kimura fans but firstly, Son Yejin is an established actress who has already proven herself on the international stage through her movies. She doesn't need Kimura's popularity to boost her reputation as a credible actress. Acting with Kimura does mean more exposure for her in Japan because whatever movie/drama he does creates a media buzz but does it really benefit her? I believe Kimura's personal popularity would overshadow the movie and that the Japanese media's attention would be more focused on him rather than Son Yejin or the other Korean actors.

Joe, on the other hand, is different. He might not be as popular as Kimura but he's more of an actor's actor. He tackles quirky roles with a bravado and makes them his own. Acting opposite him would definitely benefit Son Yejin in terms of acting style etc, that is if she has screen time with him. Kimura, well, there is a reason why he is called the big brother of idol dramas and only idol dramas.

Furthermore, given her string of successes and fame on the big screen, I would think her next step is to create memorable roles that would leave lasting impressions on the audience. Memorable roles do not only mean controversial roles eg. My Wife is Married. They can mean roles which portray her wide range of emotions and really challenge her ability as an actress. To achieve this aim, having a skillful acting partner is very important. That's one reason I feel, she took movie roles which see her play off older, more versatile veterans... in order to sharpen her acting skills and techniques. Having a pretty face will not enable an actress achieve everlasting popularity and fame in the entertainment world but possessing excellent acting skills will.

Guest jjyy738

OMG!! News from the official Son Ye Jin facebook.

So Son Ye Jin, Lee Min Ho, and Whang Ji Hae and Jung Sung Hwa reunited together to do the commentary for Personal Taste. And this is the photo that Son Ye Jin just posted this morning on her facebook. :wub:

I really miss PT. It's not my favorite work by SYJ, but the chemistry between SYJ and LMH makes this romantic comedy memorable.

By the way, this facebook profile is managed by SYJ's company. It gives pretty reliable information. Please check it out:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/OfficialSonYejin

36685_139172409428272_135147049830808_370541_1301566_n.jpg

Guest PInkYan

It is great, go for crisis14! Aja aja fighting ^^

How excited to expect a flood of news after her disappearance awaits ^^

aya, and I got update from Mino's facebook that they're working on PT commentary DVD..How wonderful !!!

Edited: Did not see the post of JJ above!! Yess they ARE doing it, come closer to our Hamil Mino :))

Guest cris14

44664951.jpg

98442468.jpg

83624987.jpg

dc syj

jjyy: Thank you for posting the facebook link!

I am so glad that her fans are getting more loud these days because usually they are silent supporters heheh..

Hi aX! Welcome back!

Fighting!!!

wallyejin1024x768julya1.jpg

shinning yejin blog

Bye for now, off to work!