Son Ye-Jin 손예진 [Drama “Thirty-Nine” (JTBC/NETFLIX)]

Helena

Son Yejin 2019 smash hit drama <Crash Landing On You> is currently on #7 on Netflix KOREA (01/31) and #3 on Netflix JAPAN (today 02/01).

tvN Drama runs <Crash Landing On You> marathon in Korea few days ago  01/29 & 01/30  and ppl be rewatching CLOY  in both TV & Netflix:)

Netflix KOREA #7 on 01/31
Spoiler

A3-F50-D4-F-A56-A-4086-9984-30-F985-C9-E

[New Year's Special ① February★] Son Ye-jin, Park Min-young, Kim Tae-ri, 'three trustworthy people' who will be responsible for the main room

2022-02-02 00:00

Park Jiyoon | THE FACT

Women's Romance Youth... A colorful lineup

35-B4-E1-FB-0-ED0-40-AB-B2-DA-B6661-F4-A

Actors Son Ye-jin, Park Min-young, and Kim Tae-ri (from left) will make a comeback to the small screen with 'Thirty, Nine', 'Meteorological Agency People' and 'Twenty-five Twenty One', respectively. /The Fact DB

[The Fact|Reporter Jiyoon Park] The common keyword for dramas that are scheduled to be broadcasted in February is 'an actress you can trust and see'. Actors Son Ye-jin, Park Min-young, and Kim Tae-ri are ready to make a comeback to the small screen side by side to create another 'life character'.

While the performances of the three actors who will lead women's romance, romance, and youth's 'chemistry' are predicted, attention is focused on whether Son Ye-jin and Park Min-young can break the slump in JTBC's drama and Kim Tae-ri's success in successive box office success.

78-BC02-E6-00-E9-4-C11-B922-129-B24-BCBD

'Thirty, Nine' Son Ye-jin, along with Jeon Mi-do and Kim Ji-hyun, draws a deep story about the deep friendship, love, and life of three friends. /Provided by JTBC Studio

Son Ye-jin's romance and romance in 'Thirty, Nine'

JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Thirty, Nine' (written by Yoo Young-ah, directed by Kim Sang-ho) is a real human romance drama that deals with the deep story of friendship, love, and life of three friends who are about to turn forty.

Son Ye-jin takes on the role of Cha Mi-jo, the director of a dermatology clinic who opened her own prosperous hospital in the middle of Gangnam. He grew up in a loving family and affluent family environment. She has an upright belief that does not compromise with injustice, and is wise enough to express her opinions while being considerate of others.

In response, Son Ye-jin and Jeon Mi-do, Kim Ji-hyun, and Kim Ji-hyun, complete 'Chemie', and with Yeon Woo-jin, the melodramatic tension is completed, and women and romance are presented together. In addition, he is expected to show a three-dimensional character, expressing the life of thirty-nine, which will be filled with joy, sorrow, anger and remorse through Cha Mi-jo, who faces new encounters, challenges, and parting.Son Ye-jin, who returned to JTBC for the first time in 2 years since tvN's 'Crash Landing on You' and after about 4 years after 'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food', is interested in whether she can revitalize the JTBC drama that cannot escape from the poor report

(skipped unrelated content)

http://m.tf.co.kr/read/entertain/1914633.htm?retRef=Y&source=https://t.co/

Son Yejin's upcoming appearance can be called a 'last hope card' that will break the losing streak of her leading top stars.  It is the only hope card to break the actress generation change theory ~ Sports Chosun

[SC Zoom People] The reason why Son Ye-jin is expected to appear in a losing streak of top actresses. Breakgirl's 'Hope Card' on the theory of generational change

2022.02.03  7:49am

Reporter Lee Jung-hyuk | SPORTS CHOSUN

2022020401000109300006892_20220203074902079.jpg?type=w430

[Sports Chosun | Correspondent Lee Jeong-hyuk]

Son Ye-jin's back is approaching. JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Thirty, Nine' (played by Yoo Young-ah, directed by Kim Sang-ho) will be aired for the first time on the 16th. 

It is also her first comeback to the small screen in three years, but there is a particularly high expectation for Son Ye-jin's move this time. Because it is the only hope card to break the 'actress generation change theory'. 

When she won the Best Actress Award at the Blue Dragon Film Awards for 'Her Wife Got Married' in 2008, Son Ye-jin said, "She thought that it's not easy for her to live as an actress these days, but I think she gave this award to make up her mind." have expressed their feelings She said, "She will try to become a great actress rather than the best in the future." What kind of syndrome will she bring in this work?

2022020401000109300006893_20220203074902148.jpg?type=w430

▶ Son Ye-jin's flexibility to face the actresses in their 20s, broadening the range of actresses

In the second half of last year, there were a lot of 'returned stars'. For the past 10 years, the actors who have firmly defended the lead actress group have returned one after another, and one after another, the ratings have gone down. Go Hyun-jung, Lee Young-ae, Im Soo-jung, Song Hye-kyo, and Jeon Ji-hyun. Soo Ae in 'Peacock City', which is currently airing, is also not a hit in viewer ratings compared to Maramat's acting. It's about 3%. Among them, Jeon Ji-hyun met with writer Kim Eun-hee and raised expectations in her industry with her most anticipated work 'Mt. Jirisan', but received a report card with ratings ranging from 7% to 9%. Go Hyun-jung and Lim Soo-jung were also in the 3% range, so they did not create a big topic. 

Of course, the ratings aren't everything, but the fact that those who were once known as box-office queens failed to 'fix the channel' can be said to be somewhat shocking. 

Moreover, in the meantime, juniors in their late 20s to early 30s began to attack and climb up. Lee Se-young is the representative of last year's MBC's biggest hit, 'Red Sleeves'. Kim Da-mina Teabing of 'That Year We Are', Han Hyo-joo of tvN's 'Happiness' and Go Ah-seong of 'Tracer' broadcast on MBC also proved their 'excellent pioneering plan' this time. 

In that sense, Son Ye-jin's upcoming appearance can be called a 'last hope card' that will break the losing streak of her leading top stars. The public is focusing on whether the powerful box office power shown in 'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food' and 'Crash Landing on You' will be demonstrated again this time.

An industry official said, "The reason why popular actresses in their 20s and early 30s these days are more frightening is that they are not popular.  He said, "Among actors of her age, Son Ye-jin has broken her own walls and created new characters by crossing over a rookie director or thriller action. This flexibility is one of the reasons that predicts the box office high this time as well." 

2022020401000109300006891_20220203074902155.jpg?type=w430

▶ Clever Son Ye-jin, dazzled! 

In these days, when 'Crash Landing on You' is creating a sensation around the world on Netflix, how difficult was it to choose the next film? In this case, most actors choose works with guaranteed box office success. Because you care more about the reviews around you and the risky distribution disappears. 

But Son Ye-jin was different. I was blown away like crazy. She is loved as a mellow queen, but suddenly she plays rough action in the movie 'The Pirates: The Bandit Who Goes to the Sea', and where is the guts to choose 'Strong Sesame', like 'There are no secrets'.

'Thirty, Nine' is a real human romance that deals with the deep story of friendship, love, and life of three friends who are about to turn 40. There is no provocative box office code, and the size is far from a blockbuster. Producer Sang-ho Kim also showed delicate directing skills in 'Run On', but he is not a box-office producer that will surprise the world. 

But if you turn it over and take a closer look, this choice is the most challenging and most stable. He is also a very clever actor. 

Nowadays, the tastes of viewers run at different poles. If it is not a bloody 'K-zombie' or a gangster who reads memories twice in one episode ('Gentleman and Lady'), it should give a different level of pleasure. The world is also atrocious due to Corona 19, but viewers fix the channel on a delicate story that is healing if it is not a killing exhilaration, thrill, or emotional drama. The high topic of 'That Year, We', which made female viewers in their 20s and 30s enthusiastic about moving the advertising market, proves this. 

In that sense, the story of a thirty-nine-year-old woman who first met at the age of 18 and has maintained a strong friendship for over 20 years is a project that fits the current trend 200%. 

Also, the most important fact is that Son Ye-jin is a 'master of detail acting'. It is evaluated that there is no enemy like Son Ye-jin in expressing the life of a thirty-nine person filled with joy, sorrow, anger and regret, such as facing new encounters, challenges, and partings in the play. 

The synergy effect with writer Yoo Young-ah, who showed strong power in character building in her previous work 'Boyfriend', is also expected.  

Actually, it won't be easy to change channels while holding the remote control in front of her charming half-moon-shaped smile or her red eyes when she cries. Just looking at the trailer, 'Thirty, Nine', in which Son Ye-jin's special moves are constantly unfolding, is expected to be another trophy for her efforts that are always challenging.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003827517

<Thirty, Nine> Cha Mijo (Son Yejin) new still cut.  

13 more days to first broadcast on 02/16 (Wed) 10:30pm KST, also available on Netflix

"I'm sure it won't go against expectations because it has a good script, good staff, and good actors.  I will not regret as much as God who waited, so please look forward to it." ~ Son Yejin

"We are confident that Son Ye-Jin's true worth will be proven once again through 'Thirty, Nine'. ~ <Thirty, Nine> production team

F9262-B91-0943-4-C1-D-BC3-F-AABE5-A2-A46

655-EC40-B-5-EE8-40-FB-84-F5-F5730-A4-A9

A27-E9-CA3-4695-42-E2-B7-AB-4-EB0-D630-D

'Thirty, Nine' Son Ye-jin "I liked the script that expressed the sorrows of life"

2022.02.03. 9:05 am

[News News Reporter Kim Myung-mi] What kind of woman will the 39-year-old Cha Mi-jo be completed by actress Son Ye-jin? 

In JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Thirty, Nine', which will be aired for the first time on February 16, fans are showing keen interest in Son Ye-jin, who is split into the role of Cha Mi-jo, the director of Gangnam Dermatology Clinic. 

In particular, as a representative believer.bo.bae (an actor who believes and sees) who leads K-content, curiosity is soaring in 'Thirty, Nine', which she has chosen as her next work. Son Ye-jin (played by Mi-jo Cha) said, "I liked the script in which life, life, death, love, and the sorrows of life are well expressed." She explained why she was drawn to the work. Through the stories of her three friends, she shared a lot of sympathy with the thoughts and concerns of women of that age.

Son Ye-jin recalled the moment she first met Cha Mi-jo, who became a prosperous hospital director at the age of 39 in the play, “I approached it thinking that it might be more rational and a little colder than me.” She continued, "However, she felt limited in expressing her character only as a character, so she started filming thinking, 'I am Joda Chami.'" made a crab 

The character Cha Mi-jo that I feel now is just like an ordinary person with various appearances. She said, “I liked all the lines and scenes so much that I couldn’t mention just one.”

Also, I'm curious to see how the character Cha Mi-jo will be portrayed, from the social success achieved at the age of 39, the close friends who have been together for half of their lives, and the new love that has come. Son Ye-jin confessed her own way of preparing her work, saying, "I didn't prepare anything in particular, but, as always, I found music that suited the drama and emotions, saved it to a playlist, and listened to the music to capture my emotions and thoughts." Looking forward to acting. 

On the other hand, the visual of Cha Mi-jo, who has the refinement and prominence of a career woman, is also attracting attention. The styling point, “I added chic and cuteness without losing basic femininity,” was also released, and Son Ye-jin's visual transformation with her unique image is also expected. 

Son Ye-jin finally showed her confidence to the viewers waiting for 'Thirty, Nine', saying, "I'm sure it won't go against expectations because it has a good script, good staff, and good actors." In addition, she said, "I will not regret as much as God who waited, so please look forward to it." 

The production team of 'Thirty, Nine' said, "We are confident that Son Ye-Jin's true worth will be proven once again through 'Thirty, Nine'. Please look forward to Son Ye-jin's sincerity in her acting, who has become a tea ceremony itself." She encouraged watching the show.

(Photo = JTBC Studio)

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000538995

JTBC Drama Official IG posted <Thirty, Nine> Son Yejin, Jeon Mido and Kim Jihyun Friendship Test video

”Friendship test of 3 friends!  What is the friendship score for Mijo, Chanyoung and Joohee of the same age?  JTBC new Wed-Thu drama, February 16, 10:30pm

KST” ~ JTBC IG

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CZfy-vcrzDd/?utm_medium=copy_link

Son Yejin is so cute & real with her answer:lol:

Q: Who will be the first person you save when drowning? Your lover or friend?

Yejin: KITTY

Mido & Jihyun: No, not that!!! Anwer as Mijo

Yejin: I’LL JUST JUMP IN (HAHAHA)

458706-B1-B232-4747-AEFD-884-B071540-D8.

Son Yejin won the January Korea Choeaedol apps voting poll  thanks to the love of fans from all over the world.  We gotten her  a billboard ad to be put up at Young Plaza in Myeong-dong from 02/15 - 02/17 (3 days). Well Done!!!:)

Articles of Son Yejin emerged as a ‘Miracle in January’ in “My Favorite Idol Celeb” (Choeaedol apps)

Spoiler

<Thirty, Nine> Article

SOOMPI

• Like 2

[HIPICK] ‘Thirty, Nine' that I look forward to more because it’s Son Ye-jin

2022.02.04  9:45am
By Yoo Soo-kyung | HANKOOKILBO

ed49d65e-ca69-4938-a613-7d0c06c20951.jpg

Son Ye-jin is back with a new drama. JTBC 'Thirty, Nine' trailer capture

[Reporter Yoo Soo-kyung  | Hankookilbo]

What is the secret of actress Son Ye-jin's 22-year career as a top star? The selection of a bold work that is not afraid of her transformation and the meticulous analysis that makes her come into contact with an unfamiliar character can be cited, but above all else, the charm of depicting ordinary moments in a special way is highly appreciated. Son Ye-jin's strength shines even more in dramas dealing with our daily lives.

Son Ye-jin's first work in 2022 is the new JTBC drama 'Thirty, Nine'. Son Ye-jin, who plays Mi-jo Cha, director of Gangnam Dermatology Clinic, plays Jeon Mi-do (Jung Chan-young) and Kim Ji-hyeon (Jang Joo-hee) and her 20-year friendship. She is also waiting for a romance with Yeon-Woo-Jin (Kim Seon-Woo).

Although she doesn't know much about classical music, she likes Rachmaninoff's piano concerto enough to visit the concert hall, and she is so passionate about her hobby that she plans to study golf in the long-awaited sabbatical year. She is always sincere and active in the things she likes. In some ways, she even resembles the real Son Ye-jin.

Son Ye-jin said, "I approached it thinking that it might be a more rational and cold impression than me. However, I felt the limit to expressing a character only as a character, so I started filming thinking, 'I'm Cha Mi-jo'."

She continued, "Cha Mi-jo is just like an ordinary person with a variety of appearances," and "All lines and scenes were so good that I couldn't mention just one."

cb1d42da-3dc7-47e6-b29a-56c8df551ee6.jpg

Son Ye-jin is back with a new drama. JTBC 'Thirty, Nine' trailer capture

Son Ye-jin, who has actually passed the age of 39, is looking forward to her realistic acting. Her socially successful but not extraordinary daily life and the worries of women of that age seem to form a consensus. As the trailer revealed the images of women sharing their excitement with their friends and boyfriends during difficult times, they have already captured the hearts of female viewers.

Four years ago, Son Ye-jin portrayed the life of a 35-year-old Yoon Jin-ah through JTBC's 'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food'. She showed her life-close acting at the time, drawing criticism that she touched the sorrows of working women in her 30s.

Director Ahn Pan-seok, who directed 'Pretty Sister Who Buys Me Food', praised Son Ye-jin's acting skills, saying, "People call Son Ye-jin a melodrama queen, but she's good at action and comedy, and she's good at everything.

The fact that it is a return to the small screen in two years after tvN's 'Crash Landing on You', which recorded an audience rating of 21.7% (Nielsen Korea, national standard), achieved the beauty of death, is a factor that further raises expectations for the work. Playing the lovely Yoon Se-ri, he made viewers immersed in unrealistic romance and showed off his 'entertainment power'.

Experts say that Son Ye-jin's careful selection of works and her character analysis ability to find the optimal temperature helped increase her value as an actress.

Kim Seong-soo, a popular culture critic, said, "As an actress who is not easily seen often, the quality of actress Son Ye-jin is maintained. Son Ye-jin is excellent at showing her inner acting in delicate scenes in daily life." The flows that have come are cases worth analyzing for actresses.”

At the 36th Korean Film Critics Association Awards ceremony, film critic Kim Doo-ho praised Son Ye-jin's performance, saying, "An actor should neither lack nor overflow in a given role. In that case, it is evaluated as art."

https://m.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/A2022020408140004191?did=NA

• Like 2

Son Yejin Bride & You Spring/Summer photoshoot today(source from BAU IG story and her February schedule on MSTeam site). Bride & You 2022 Spring/Summer collection will be released in March.

BD77-A790-FAEA-4-EE0-80-CD-FC78-F629-E99

Bride & You 01/23 IG post on their busy days preparing for ‘22 Spring/Summer collection.

Handcream team billboard ad in Seoul for Son Yejin 21st Anniversary Debut Day (02/07)

Period: 02/06 ~02/20

Son Yejin 2014 movie <The Pirates 1> trending #4 on Netflix Korea Top 10 Movies

today

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Awww cutie Kitty update…she was with mommy  Son Yejin at Bride & You shooting site today.

”Yejinhand’s puppy. So cute” ~ fashion stylist IG story

:Megalol:

F1588-C64-CE69-4-CE9-96-FB-BEE96744-D66-

Kitty wearing a fan gift (Ba&ttang limited edition Christmas Nordic Knit Cardigan set)
Spoiler

Son Yejin Bride & You shooting site today 

• Like 2

Son Ye-jin, Kim Tae-ri, Park Min-young return to romance... Exciting February comeback [N focus]

2022.02.05. 7:01 am

0005884361_001_20220205070104592.jpg?type=w430

Son Ye-jin Kim Tae-ri Park Min-young © News 1 DB

[Reporter Jang Ah-reum | Seoul = News 1 ]

In February, the small screen is dyed with pink excitement. Actors Son Ye-jin, Kim Tae-ri, and Park Min-young are about to return to the small screen with a romance drama. As all three actors are making a comeback with romance dramas with different resolutions, attention is focused on what kind of romance will captivate viewers. 

0005884361_002_20220205070104663.jpg?type=w430

JTBC © News1

Son Ye-jin is returning to the small room in about two years after the tvN drama 'Crash Landing on You' with JTBC's new Wednesday-Thursday drama 'Thirty, Nine' (played by Yoo Young-ah/directed by Kim Sang-ho). 'Thirty, Nine' is a realistic human romance drama that deals with the deep story of friendship, love, and life of three friends who are about to turn forty, and is set to premiere on the 16th.

Son Ye-jin transforms into Cha Mi-jo, the director of Gangnam Dermatology Clinic and a successful thirty-nine-year-old woman. Cha Mi-jo, who grew up in a harmonious and affluent family environment, is a person with an upright conviction and a wise aspect that does not compromise with injustice. The main narrative of the drama is the story that takes place when he decides to give up the year of Hansik and decide to spend a special 39-year-old for his beloved friends Jung Chan-yeong (Jeon Mi-do) and Jang Joo-hee (Kim Ji-hyun). 

In this drama, Son Ye-jin and Yeon Woo-jin also show an exciting romance. Shim Seon-woo, played by Yeon Woo-jin, is a 39-year-old dermatologist who is the same age as Cha Mi-jo. He has a father who is a member of the National Assembly. After becoming a doctor in the United States, he returned to Korea, felt a strong attraction to Cha Mi-jo, and began to fall in love. The romance of pure love presented by Shim Seon-woo is expected to be the thrilling point of 'Thirty, Nine'. 

Son Ye-jin became a 'romance queen' through films such as 'Classic', 'Eraser in My Head', 'Chilling Romance', 'I'm Going to Meet You', and dramas such as 'Dating Age', 'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food' and 'Crash Landing on You'. Above all, in addition to romantic comedies, as she showed empathy and persuasion through delicate, realistic, and natural everyday acting in dramas such as 'Dating Age' and 'Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food' Expectations are high already.

(skipped unrelated content)

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/421/0005884361

• Like 2

Jung Woosung talking about his interaction with Son Yejin in their movie <A Moment To Remember> that Soju scene in his recent interview:lol:

“It’s so cringey.  I acted as Cheolsoo and said “We are going out as soon as you drink this”.  Then Son Yejin downed the whole cup (laugh) and stared at me (laugh).  She is staring so hard trying not to lose from staring contest” ~ Jung Woosung

<A Moment To Remember> cut

Son Yejin Articles

KBIZOOM

Spoiler

• Like 2

Son Yejin left her autographs 

at these Jeju restaurants last year

Spoiler

Son Yejin 2014 movie <The Pirates 1> currently trending #3 on  Netflix Korea Top 10

Was #4 on Netflix Korea Top 10 Movies yesterday (02/04)

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1