takoyaki anyone?

Guest traveler

Guest kennesu

the filling is hot as shiiiiiiiiiiiiii. I always burn my tongue when I buy it off the street. I can't wait.

I'm more of a okonomiyaki man myself though.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mackie17

I finally got to try it for the first time 2 weeks ago and it was delicious! I always see people in Japanese Dramas and anime eat takoyaki so it was a good experience trying them.

Guest SUMM3RxBABii

i've tried one when i was in osaka. i forgot what it tasted like... but i don't think i liked it that much. my mom loved it, on the other hand =/

I really love eating Takoyaki, but the one in Hong Kong are strange since they add corns into it O_O and I never had corn in takoyaki until a few years back when a stupid chinese snack shop did this stupidly... >>; but I love it x3 with a lot of Mayo and Takoyaki sauce... =]

Guest kristelarr

OMG TAKOYAKI IS AMAZING.

I used to LOVE that stuff back when I lived in Japan.

One thing I miss most about Japan was the food.

TO DIE FOR!

OMG TAKOYAKI IS AMAZING.

I used to LOVE that stuff back when I lived in Japan.

One thing I miss most about Japan was the food.

TO DIE FOR!

Guest Special Ed

Strangely I can't find this is any Japanese restaurant in my town. But then my college has it for a ridiculously high price. I might get it there if I'm desperate enough. lol.

I made takoyaki with my dorm-mates in my first year of university....not as good as the picture, but it was still pretty epic. I have yet to find a place here in Canada's capital that sells the takoyaki-making machines, but nothing yet...or at least a restaurant that sells takoyaki! lol

Guest Special Ed

I finally ate this for the first time today. But none of the japanese/asian restaurants offer it so I had to buy it from my school which is kinda pricey and lacking in quality. It was refrigerated so the lady microwaved it and it got kinda deflated and too soft and mushy-ish. The sauce on top was kinda "ehh" from being microwaved. I think it looked better cold. But it was still tasty nonetheless. I'll definitely try the real deal whenever I find a place that cooks the legit thing.

Guest Himafu

Oh man, the picture looks so scrumptious. <3 Reminds me of my homestay in Japan. .-. We had a farewell party for me at my house.. and we made takoyaki. That stuff is the bomb. :3 Even though it was homemade, but come to think of it, I've never tried store-bought takoyaki. Ugh. I don't know where to buy the stuff to make ittt. It's so good. *_*

Guest deeism

takoyaki is amazing..

my favs are definitely the ones with wasabi inside as welll.

soooooooo delish.

there's two places that sell takoyaki here, but it's the frozen kind : (

Guest Rockette

I love Takoyaki! You can buy them in stalls here but I'm uncertain if they're legit ones. I do own a takoyaki pan the one that has concaved areas to shaped the ball. My cousins and I can make them at home. I prefer the ones we make. They're delicious!

-Rockette

Guest inexplicity

I used to really really love these - but I could never keep down more than 4 in one sitting, it tastes way too rich for my taste because of all the sauces and the katsuobushi.

These days, I'm just sick of them because I ate an overload of them at a local night market. They just don't seem so good anymore ):

Guest iota

I love takoyaki, I first had it a couple times in Osaka ... I tried it later in Taiwan and in some restaurants in Canada, but it wasn't as good as the ones in Japan.

Archived