Make-up Q & A Thread

Guest Nightsky1

Guest tinatran_

so, i've went to the dollarstore and found an Ardell DuraLash Eyelash Extension Kit for $2.. i've just tried putting it on, but the adhesive won't set. i've washed my face/eyes to remove natural oils, i made sure there was a "dot" of the LashTite glue on the end and i put really close to my lash line, but it still comes off when i touch my eye lightly. O_O does anyone have tips/tricks to applying eyelash extensions? i've already used up 5-7 lashes, and i don't want to waste any more. D:

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dorkafied!

so, i've went to the dollarstore and found an Ardell DuraLash Eyelash Extension Kit for $2.. i've just tried putting it on, but the adhesive won't set. i've washed my face/eyes to remove natural oils, i made sure there was a "dot" of the LashTite glue on the end and i put really close to my lash line, but it still comes off when i touch my eye lightly. O_O does anyone have tips/tricks to applying eyelash extensions? i've already used up 5-7 lashes, and i don't want to waste any more. D:

It might be the adhesive, try another adhesive to see if it'll work :D

Guest access.denied

have you tried letting the adhesive dry/get gummy a little on the falsie before applying it to your lashline?? Maybe like 15 sec or a lil more..idk.

If it didnt work then you might be better off getting a new adhesive. Hope it works! :)

Guest happy.life

It's most likely the glue, try DUO's eyelash glue :) Hope it works out.

Guest Rissalicious

when using false eyelashes, are you allowed to reuse them? and if you are, how do you get the glue off? i want to start using falsies, but i just wanna know if i can reuse a pair or not. oh, also, what's a good brand for natural, long, thick lashes(online or instore)?

Guest happy.life

You can definitely reuse them. :) This is a really helpful video that'll show you how to use them and remove the glue, hope it helps.

Guest x byul satang

I use the adhesive from Ardell called LashGrip. It works pretty well. Just make sure to let the glue set for about 30 seconds before you apply the eyelashes.

Guest tinatran_

It might be the adhesive, try another adhesive to see if it'll work :D

have you tried letting the adhesive dry/get gummy a little on the falsie before applying it to your lashline?? Maybe like 15 sec or a lil more..idk.

If it didnt work then you might be better off getting a new adhesive. Hope it works! :)

It's most likely the glue, try DUO's eyelash glue :) Hope it works out.

the instructions said not to let it get tacky/gummy cause it dries fast. D: i guess i'll try looking for another adhesive. thank you for you help! =)

Guest Rissalicious

You can definitely reuse them. :) This is a really helpful video that'll show you how to use them and remove the glue, hope it helps.

thanks! that vid helped out a lot :)

i have another question, where can i get duo lash glue? is it available in stores?

Guest PeachyPie

What's the difference between a primer and a mattifier?

I have oily skin and I want to keep my makeup in place all day. Which one should I invest in?

Guest xxmaine

Have anyone tried the Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation ?

I'm NC30, and I don't know what shade I am.

They just have to many shades to choose from.

Guest YukiPuu

I have oily skin and I want to keep my makeup in place all day. Which one should I invest in?

I think a primer fills in lines and pores on your face, so your foundation applies smoother. A mattifier makes your face not shiny and more matte.

Guest pikasaki

After I apply my BB cream, I notice dry patches around my skin. I don't know if it's the BB cream or moisturizer I'm using. I use Neutrogena's Moisturizer. I have combo skin. Is there any way I can prevent this problem from happening? I tried applying way more moisturizer but it didn't help and at the end of the day I just felt greasy.

Guest happy.life

thanks! that vid helped out a lot :)

i have another question, where can i get duo lash glue? is it available in stores?

You can also find them at drugstores, I know CVS has them as well as Wal mart and maybe Target.

I would invest in a primer that has mattifying properties, there are lots of them when you look for them. Or you could just get a primer and get a good powder or blotting sheets to combat the oils.

After I apply my BB cream, I notice dry patches around my skin. I don't know if it's the BB cream or moisturizer I'm using. I use Neutrogena's Moisturizer. I have combo skin. Is there any way I can prevent this problem from happening? I tried applying way more moisturizer but it didn't help and at the end of the day I just felt greasy.

Have you tried exfoliating? You could also try a primer.

Guest happy.life

I'm not really quite sure about all the shades but you can try taking your foundation you already use to the drugstore and hold it up to the shades to see which ones are the closest. I also recommend finding a drugstore that will let you return used products,just in case it doesn't work out, I think CVS takes used products but I'm not sure.

Guest Verso

You can check the foundation matrix--there's an option for NC shades at the bottom.

Archived