BIKINI TOPS! quick question.

Guest POHLLEEN

Guest POHLLEEN

how do you...

random.

I saw the CUTEST bikini at banana republic, and I am SO gonna get it once it goes on sale.

the problem is, it doesn't have a cup.

so it's just the fabric and it makes me look like i have NO boobs whatsoever.

my mom was talking about how maybe you can buy those bra cups or whatever somewhere and maybe sew it on?

have any of you girls done that before, or have you heard of anyone who has done it?

do any of you know how to do it? would you just sew it on to the inside of the bikini?

thanksssssss.

Guest dafleur

the bikini top you bought was designed NOT to have an insert in it. if you try to do it at home, it'll look obvious that the pad you put in there doesn't belong with it. deal with what you have or just get a different bikini.

Guest luckycharm

My mom was mentioning that kinda thing too!

hahaha

i'm not sure, but i read in a magazine that you can buy the padding separate and sorta pin it to the bikini?

But i'm not sure whether it will look alright or not

the magazine gave another option, was to only sew the the three points of the padding (assuming your bikini is the triangle type) so it's easier to remove as well

Guest 4ever_sweet

why would it not come w/a cup?

Even if the design is cute, if it doesn't flatter you...maybe you should continue to look around.

Guest jenniful92

Just ask the cashier or a sale's lady for those pads.

theyll most likely be more than glad to give you some when you purchase that bikini ^^ have a good summer =D

Edit: They'll most likely be FREE,, for me they were when I went to La Vie En Rose x_o;; haha

Guest girl armageddon

if it doesn't come with the pads in there, don't buy it since most likely it will look awkward if you sew some pads on it.

just go get another bikini. there are many other cute ones out there.

Guest itzocccckkkkkk

if you go to fabric stores they have things like that. then you could just go get it patched on. they look like shoulder pad things

Guest xsusanz

uhh...im not sure. the bikini that i have has removable padding that came with my bikini top.

but i guess you can always sew it on, try it on. and if you don't like it, then take the stitchings out.

Guest --after forever

i dont think it would look good at all.... you can find a cute bikini anywhere.. if you look around you can probably find something that's like 200x cuter and less exensive..

you dont have to buy it just cause its from banana republic

i dont think it would look good at all.... you can find a cute bikini anywhere.. if you look around you can probably find something that's like 200x cuter and less exensive..

you dont have to buy it just cause its from banana republic

yeah, even they look nice, but dont flatter your asset, so whats the point.

Guest amberskies

i know what you're taking about!

i've been searching EVERYWHERE for those removable cups

i saw some at a swim shop but they were like 17 bucks?

and they were the really thick, molded foam kind that would look really obvious

i'm looking for thin ones

that look like the removable ones that come with some bathing suits

they're just a flat triangle foam piece...

can't find em anywere =( dang

I bought those foam bra pads and got them sewed on at the tailor's. they look fine.

where did you get yours? :sweatingbullets:

are they the thin triangle type?

Guest POHLLEEN

um, i never said i wanted it just 'cause it was from banana republic.

and i said i really liked it because i've been looking for that design of a bikini for MONTHS and i finally found it. & most bikinis with that design don't come with cups, so that was why i was asking...

thanks for the input, guys.

the bikini isn't triangular, actually...

it's one of those bikinis that just stretch across the front and there's a string making it look like a halter, and you clip it on the back.

i've seen lots of other bikinis in that design and almost NONE of them seem have padding on them.

i guess i'll just have to look around for some of those padding stuff or just find another bikini.

(now that i hear that some of you actually did it and succeeded.)

Archived