[drama 2010] I Am Legend 나는 전설이다

Guest Q_Park

Which upcoming scene are you most looking forward to?

Would be when the relationship between JW and Seung Hye revealed in the court and when Seung Hye realize that she lose both her ex-husband and JW to Seol Hee.. hah!

I won't say I look forward to Seol Hee and TH's kiss... :phew:

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cimechang

Omg! I love the look of fear on Sung Hye's face at the end of episode 7, go Seol Hee go, AJAJA FIGHTING! I can't wait for episode 8. Can someone please please recap/summarize episode 7 for us?!! My Korean is very limited so I was only able to catch on to some of the things they said. I would really really appreciate it!!! Komapsumnida ^_^

@ Kamakshi: I could rant and rave about CH for hours, thus I'd better not start. Indeed, we share similar tastes because I too was well impressed with Kim Myung Min, whom I barely recognized in "Beethoven virus" (must have been the hair AND his pronounciation, on purpose from what I've seen in BTS).

Haven't watched ep 7 yet, but what I've also found odd so far is that no newsreporter has showed up to write the best scoop ever on perfect husband and lawyer Ji Wook's wife filing for divorce - that doesn't make sense. :blink:

As for Seung Hye, she's delusionnal on Ji Wook being in love with her - he is clearly not. He is using her just like he does everyone else, but life and Seol Hee are going to teach him a lesson that he won't easily forget. Hopefully he will turn into a better man. Not that the ep 8 preview showed it going that way at all - btw THANK YOU soniamaylin!

Kyu is highly and anxiously awaited on this topic for her classy recaps. B)

Guest Q_Park

I just got home and I'm DL-ing the episode right now. 

Starting today, I'm sorry to say that my recaps are going come at maybe around 10/11 central time. Vacation is over and I just have too much work piled up! Mianhae everyone~ :)

- Kyu

Guest nitrogen123

@ Denali......You make a very good point about the news reporters. I mean the husband IS supposed to be this famous lawyer, with this perfect reputation. So, you would think that the press would be all over it. I never even thought of it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Guest Q_Park

Short summary of Episode 7:

SPOILERS

Both shocked ex spouses sit in the car and Tae-hyun asks Seol-hee if it’s really them two together. Yes, in fact, it’s been quite a while since they knew each other. The old man working at the villa tells Ji-wook and Seung-hye that a young mistress dropped by earlier and asked about them. They immediately catch on that it is probably Seol-hee. Seung-hye pulls out pictures to confirm that both Tae-hyun and Seol-hee were here.

Su-in and Kwang-yul argue about getting a new group to train. The broadcasting company offered to train a group from Su-in and Kwang-yul and when Kwang-yul suggests that they try to bring a new band in, Su-in says that it would be better if we ajummahs could be trained.

Seung-hye barges into Tae-hyun’s home asking him why he was there that day with Seol-hee at the villa. He counteracts and asks her what her relationship is with Lawyer Cha. Seung-hye confidently answers that they love each other and to rub salt into the wound, she says that they’ve been meeting even before she and Tae-hyun got a divorce. If Tae-hyun had shown her only a fraction of attention he showed to music, she wouldn’t have gone off in an affair.

Seol-hee tells Su-in about Ji-wook and Seung-hye having an affair and Su-in desperately asks if Seol-hee knows what evidence that man from before was trying to give her. She calls him but he doesn’t answer. Meanwhile, Tae-hyun has arranged a meeting between him and Park Ki-chul. He offers money to Ki-chul but Ki-chul, bemused, tells him that nothing is going to deter him from ruining Ji-wook.

­Madonna Band gathers to watch the documentary only to see that it’s all about Ran-hee. Even though they knew it was going to be like this, it’s still pretty disappointing. Su-in tells them about the offer to train and although some hesitation, they all agree. They even come up with the wonderfully creative NEW band name of Comeback Madonna Band (wince). Tae-hyun tells Ran-hee and manager that the contract is off and he never wants anything to do with them again.

As Seol-hee walks out of the studio, Tae-hyun (once again) is waiting for her and tells her to get in. He tells her that Seung-hye is Nu-ri’s mother or rather his ex-wife. Seol-hee, first surprised then angry, vents that it must have been fun to treat her like a fool, offering to help her when his ex-wife was having an affair with her husband. Tae-hyun protests saying that yesterday was also his first time to figure out that Seung-hye and Ji-wook were together. He only helped her because he knew what type of woman Seung-hye was and the thought of Seol-hee getting hurt only made him more concerned, more worried for Seol-hee. “It’s not like there is anything special between me or you so you don’t have to be so concerned.”

The next day, Ji-wook has freaking secret agents (okay, detectives) and men hidden all around so that they can capture Park Ki-chul and charge him for blackmail. As Ji-wook washes his hands in the restroom, Ki-chul sneaks up behind him. “How dare you try to negotiate with me when you have men hidden all around? The negotiation is off. Let’s see who dies, you or me.” He punches Ji-wook and escapes. (Yay!)

Court day. Seol-hee thanks Go Jin-bae for everything and heads off to court. There, she receives a mysterious phone call from Jin-bae saying, “I’ll take care of everything so you just live your life.” As Ji-wook is driving to the courthouse, Ki-chul slams his truck into Ji-wook’s care, causing a car accident, making Ji-wook unable to attend court. It has been postponed to another date.

Ji-wook is at the hospital but it’s nothing major. (Actually, at this point I’m more worried for Ki-chul. lol) Seol-hee confesses to Lawyer Go that she’s actually pretty worried about Park Ki-chul and how serious he is about this. Lawyer Go ponders what Ki-chul’s evidence could possibly be. Now their goal is to find out what kind of evidence Ki-chul was trying to give her before.

Park Ki-chul has now ended up in jail and when Go Jin-bae goes to visit on the behalf of Seol-hee, Ki-chul believes that Jin-bae is another man Ji-wook hired. After finding out that Go Jin-bae is the one helping Seol-hee, angry Seung-hye calls Tae-hyun wondering why the hell he is doing so much for her. Tae-hyun curtly replies that it was because she needed a lawyer and hangs up. Seung-hye confides in Ji-wook that Lawyer Go had decided to take on Park Ki-chul’s case and this means that there is a higher risk of the evidence reaching Seol-hee’s hands. Also, Lawyer Go is one of the best lawyers, very capable.

Court Day. Seol-hee begins by asking Seung-hye to the witness? seat. She questions what type of relationship Seung-hye has with Ji-wook and she promptly replies, “I’ve known Ji-wook since my college years and we’ve grown as close friends.”

SHee: In the past year, according to CCTV security cams, you have beencoming in and out of Ji-wook’s office/apartment building.

SHye: It was because of work.

SHee: May I ask what type of work requires for you to be coming into his home at around 10 o’clock at night?

SHye: Our work is set like when ??? eat dinner.

SHee: It’s extremely weird that you guys work in an apartment and not atthe offices. You can say that it’s like when one makes dinner inthe bedroom instead of the kitchen. Does this make sense to you? (Oooo, burn.)

Meanwhile, Lawyer Go has finally gotten Ki-chul to trust him enough to reveal the location of the evidence. It’s an emergency situation so Jin-bae calls Tae-hyun to go get the evidence and Tae-hyun calls Ah-reum to go give some kind of notice to Seol-hee at court. Ah-reum runs away (lol) to help Seol-hee.

A very distressed MD comes up to give her little speech and she fakes that she doesn’t know how/why/when Seol-hee turned so vicious to her poor family. The family that opened its arms to her and accepted her every flaw. MD had really accepted her into the family and they did their best to make sure that Seol-hee was loved and cared for; she really has no idea why Seol-hee would turn against them like this. As Seol-hee’s face grows more and more appalled, Ji-wook’s grows darker, almost as if he feels bad/guilty for doing this. (OMG, I love his face here.)

The judge asks Seol-hee if she has any last words and as Seol-hee fumbles around, Ah-reum busts in with a note. Seol-hee looks at the note and it seems as if fate is on her side. She asks the judge for a break. Seol-hee looks at Ji-wook and Seung-hye with a new type of energy in her eyes.

EPISODE 8 PREVIEW:

SH: What is this?

JB: The evidence that Park Ki-chul wanted to hand to you.

JW: Come to think about it, I feel that we have no reason to go this far. Tell me what you want and I’ll give it to you.

SH: What could possibly be in here to make you so nervous? The more you’re like this, the more curious I get. I’m not stopping anymore.

JW: YAAAAA

SI: Good job, Seol-hee, you won.

MD: How dare that thing try to go against us?

SH: Under sudden circumstances, I have obtained evidence that will most definitely free us from this marriage. 

- Kyu

PS. EPISODE 8 TEXT PREVIEW:

홍여사가 법정 변호인으로 들어서서 이야기를 시작하자 설희는 곤혹스러워지는데, 이때 아름이로 부터 메모지를 받고는 잠시 휴정을 요청한다. 이어설희는 고변호사가 찾아와 동영상을 넘겨주며 확실한 증거라고 말하자 깜짝 놀라게 되고, 지욱과 승혜측 역시 이 이야기를 건네 듣고는 경악한다. 잠시 후 다시 재판이 속개되고, 설희는 동영상을 법정안에서 틀게된다. 그 영상안에는 설희가 결혼식과 신혼여행갔을 때 촬영한 내용들이 담겨있고, 설희는 이내 자신이 왜 이혼을 해야만 하는지 이야기하기 시작한다. 한편, 승혜는 지욱에게 괜히 동영상껀 때문에 긴장했다고 하자 지욱은….

As MD tells her story in court, Seol-hee becomes more and more appalled when Ah-reum comes in with a note. After seeing the memo, Seol-hee requests for a break. Seol-hee meets up with Lawyer Go who hands her the evidence, assuring that it will definitely help her win the case. Ji-wook and Seung-hye overhears this part and becomes shocked. A short while later, the trial has resumed and Seol-hee plays the video. The video plays clips from Seol-hee's wedding and honeymoon and now Seol-hee starts off by saying why she must get a divorce. Meanwhile, Seung-hye tells Ji-wook to relax saying that they worried for nothing but Ji-wook...

WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE TELL ME I TRANSLATED THIS WRONG.

silent lurker here. This is what I don't get about Sunghee, she is so scared about the affair coming out in the public yet she threatens TaeHyun with their son knowing perfectly aware that he is aware of her affair. Isn't she worried that if she keeps pushing Taehyun that he will expose her and JiWook for the adulterers they are, also as a divorce lawyer doesn't she know that if it comes out that she is an adulterer it is highly unlikely the court would give her custody of her son this whole threat scenario is a bit unrealistic.

I wouldn't be surprised in SeolHee doesn't show the affair cd, as much as we want her to give them what they deserve, in a way it would make her as dirty as they are (in her own eyes I mean) and based on what we know about SeolHee she isn't the type to destroy the careers of others just to get what she wants. Although it does make me interested in how she wins the case without it.

silent lurker here. This is what I don't get about Sunghee, she is so scared about the affair coming out in the public yet she threatens TaeHyun with their son knowing perfectly aware that he is aware of her affair. Isn't she worried that if she keeps pushing Taehyun that he will expose her and JiWook for the adulterers they are, also as a divorce lawyer doesn't she know that if it comes out that she is an adulterer it is highly unlikely the court would give her custody of her son this whole threat scenario is a bit unrealistic.

I wouldn't be surprised in SeolHee doesn't show the affair cd, as much as we want her to give them what they deserve, in a way it would make her as dirty as they are (in her own eyes I mean) and based on what we know about SeolHee she isn't the type to destroy the careers of others just to get what she wants. Although it does make me interested in how she wins the case without it.

Even thought we know that SungHee won't take back her son,I think TH is too scared of what he might lose,

He loves is son too much to go for another "court session" with her (and actually he saw her with Jiwook but he can't prove that they have an affair)

And I agree with you, Seol Hee is not the type to show that "affair CD", even if we all want her to show it.

The mariage vid might be even more symbolistic, I guess MD face will tell the court how much she hates SeolHee ^^

But if I was SeolHee I think I'll send the affair cd to MD just to say "don't dare to slap me again or I'll throw it back to your face " :lol: I guess I'm dreaming

Q_Park Thanks a lot for your recap,

I think my favorite scene will be JW punching the wall (and I would love seing him make an "ouch-what-was-I-thinking-when-I-punched-that-wall" face) dreaming again

Guest avonmarissa

Before I start, I would like to say that my Korean is average so please take this with a grain or truckload of salt, your choice. This is what I got from the episode watching it live halfway through it.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

The Madonna Band are hired to play in a grocery store. When they start performing, the crowd, mostly ajummas shopping, start to enjoy the music but leave as soon as they hear some product promos in the stores. The Madonna Band stops playing and pack up their stuff. I can tell the manager of the store is not too pleased. The Band is a bit crestfallen but as their usual crazy stuff, they start dancing and 'playing' with the camera in the elevator of the grocery store, lol.

Su-in boss tells her that Jang Tae-Hyun was the one who got them a second chance at that live cafe they performed in. The boss also tells her that TH might be interested in her. She laughs nervously and runs off to her room all hot and bothered, haha. Su-in tells the ladies of the Madonna Band about TH's good deed and SH meets him and thanks him.

SH meets her ex-husband and it looks like he offers her money but she refuses. Hwa-ja ,while with her husband later at home, remarks that SH is really "jjang" for refusing that rich man's money. SH goes to Lawyer Go's office with a cake, presumably, to thank him. The office is empty and SH takes a seat while waiting. A woman barges into the office suddenly and asks for help while crying. The woman hides behind SH as an unknown man pursuing the crying woman enters the office. SH shields the woman from the man and that is when Lawyer Go comes back to his office. He intervenes and tells the "secretary" to give the crying woman a seat while they listen to her case. The "secretary" he refers to is SH; Lawyer Go gives SH a wink. The episode ends with no preview. I think Lawyer Go is going to make SH his secretary.

As I said, I'm still learning Korean so kindly forgive any errors. Thanks.

Archived