JYP Entertainment Online Audition - Have someone pass a round yet?

Guest L0VE_BUBBLES

Guest BeeRinAyee

I'm planning on putting up audition videos for JYPE

I really want to try and see if I will pass

I've been told that i'm a good singer as I was going to enter australia's got talent/x-factor.. (but missed the audition dates by a week =/)

I was wondering, If i did pass the online auditions will I have to go to Korea for the 2nd half of the auditioning process or will there be a place here?

And would i be required to pay for my own tickets to go there :L

(other words, will I be missing school (Im 16 and in my senior years of high school so I'm preparing for Uni and thus...)

(I live in Australia btw)

Also, I'm a Filipina, I know they say things like no matter what nationality, but it's going to be hard to enter if you can't speak Korean right?

I can't speak it lol :P

Guest onlysunme

I've been told that i'm a good singer as I was going to enter australia's got talent/x-factor.. (but missed the audition dates by a week =/)

I was wondering, If i did pass the online auditions will I have to go to Korea for the 2nd half of the auditioning process or will there be a place here?

(other words, will I be missing school (Im 16 and in my senior years of high school so I'm preparing for Uni and thus...)

Also, I'm a Filipina, I know they say things like no matter what nationality, but it's going to be hard to enter if you can't speak Korean right?

if you pass the online auditions, you'll most likely have to go to korea for the next round since they only have JYP buildings in Korea and NYC.

and you're gonna have to buy your own ticket there until you pass the final round and become a trainee, then they'll pay for your ticket to korea and stuff.

unless you're completely gorgeous like nichkhun, then yeah it'll be difficult. but since you're still young, if they see potential in you and they really want you, you'll have to spend your trainee days learning korean on top of everything else like khun did.

• 2 months later...
Guest christine19

if you pass the online auditions, you'll most likely have to go to korea for the next round since they only have JYP buildings in Korea and NYC.

and you're gonna have to buy your own ticket there until you pass the final round and become a trainee, then they'll pay for your ticket to korea and stuff.

unless you're completely gorgeous like nichkhun, then yeah it'll be difficult. but since you're still young, if they see potential in you and they really want you, you'll have to spend your trainee days learning korean on top of everything else like khun did.

how do the rounds work? i mean like if u make the 1st round which is an online application what would happen next in the 2nd and 3rd round?

and lets say u make the 3rd round would u have to leave and go to Korea or New York as a traine? 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cnt940725

1. THE ONLINE APPLICATION << pour moi

... everyone experiences problems with it, there are just a lucky few who don't. Here's the tip for your audio file and photos. Type in all your info in and upload 1 photo. 85% of the time your application isn't sending because there's too much stuff on it. And too much stuff does include a 2min audio clip. Just put in a picture and your application will be accepted. Then, go back to your application after it is confirmed and add things in one at a time. Your audio file will be accepted if it is less than 2 minutes long. Again, there are handfuls of people who can get whole audio files on, but many cannot. If you cut your clip and keep the "best" parts, cut it down to 1 minute or so. If it says the file extension does not work, duplicate the file, rename it and change the extension to one of the following, even if it was already one of the following : mp3, wav, avi .... I believe those are the 3 accepted, I may be wrong. Keep playing with it and it should work. As for the videos, I'm sorry but I cannot help you with that.

2. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR THEM TO THEY REPLY BACK

... it's different for everyone. It depends when they happen to sift through to yours. 10's of forms are added every day, so yours will be inevitably pushed back. It can take anywhere from a day or two to months. It's all about patience. Does response time have to do with how much they are interested in you? Don't worry, just be patient.

If you are extremely irked, especially if you're a dancer and cannot upload a video, mail your audition to the Artist T&D Team in Seoul. It sounds like a lot, a (most likely) international mail audition, but if it's a few CD's and CD cases and a document with your information, it should not cost you more than $15 to send. Like the online audition, include photos, video, and audio if you are a singer.

Guest jessix14

im hispanic 17 yrs old and live in houston i wanted to audtion for jyp but there are a few things that im most worried about

what will they tell you if you do pass to final round what will happen? and if yu do get

accepted as a trainee what will happen to me since i wont have a home to live in korea or nyc?

also will i be abke to even pass the first round if im mot good at dancing.....do you need to do both singing and dancing?

and will ieven become a singer when im there? ........ill probably end up being a back up dancer   

and are the only auditions still open?

a few things i should say im not a good dancer....not even that great of a singer i have more of a childlike voice prob abit good at rap and im more abit good acting for sure but dont have all the looks im pretty but not that pretty 

I received an email from JYPE Audition Team saying they've downloaded and gone through all my files (by that I think they mean everyone who auditioned around my time). It just says to expect to hear from them within 3 weeks. I have no expectations, but I was pleasantly surprised by the email. Not many companies will keep you updated on your application status, so this was nice. :)

Hey!

My friend (lives in Japan) got past the first round of online auditions but didn't make it past the second. JYP set up a time and place (in Japan) for her to come and audition again. When she got there, she said there were about 15 other people. They auditioned individually (all singers). They were asked to sing for 5 minutes (about 2 songs each) and then were told that they would be contacted in 2 weeks. She never got contacted and it's been 2 months. We just suspect that she didn't make it.

Hope this helped!

How come JYP set up a place in Japan? I thought second round is only available at Korea? Oh if she passed the second round, she will be a trainee? or is there another round? ^^

• 1 year later...
Guest addicted2kpop

onlysunme said:

BeeRinAyee wrote on 10 April 2011 - 09:29 AM:

• 1 month later...
Guest Jheska-mhae

I made an account in JYP but when I'm applying everything ( pictures and my clip) after it loads to 100 the outcome always says error... What should I do to have it perfectly pass without flaws? THANKS ^______________________^ 

• 3 weeks later...

JYP sometimes holds auditions through different social networking websites, I auditioned on a Japanese website in '07 and got invited to the 2nd round which was held in Tokyo. They didn't offer to pay for me to go to the 2nd round, though. There is a final 3rd round which I think is usually in Korea, you can be casted if you do well at that point.
They'd have to spend a fortune if they were to pay for global auditionees to come to Korea just for the 2nd of 3 rounds to get into their label. So unless they're REALLY into you and are pretty sure they want to sign you, it's probably pretty unlikely. :)

• 2 years later...
Guest leenieleeners

All my files and everything upload but once its done something pops up saying the data is not processed and to try again but it just keep on popping up every time...and its not in my history (the application so it didn't go through) does anyone know why its like that? D:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Hello! 

Im 13 and really wanna try auditioning for JYP but then i have some questions so plz help me who ever know about it!!

Firstly id like to ask about the audition vedio ur sending.. can it be 2 mins long?? And mostly wat kind of song attracts them like..hiphop raps sad songs.. high pitch???? And if u pass the 1st round of audition that is the online fo they pay for ur tickets to korea for the next round???

Plz ans back if u can!!!!

Archived