[Drama 2010] ATHENA : Goddess of War 아테나: 전쟁의 여신

Guest Lilazinprincess

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a really stupid guestion regarding Hae-in. I'm about 5 episodes in and I'm still a bit confused as to where her loyalties lie. Is she undercover in NTS? or in Athena?

Don't worry, I'm just as confused myself. I haven't seen episode 8 raw yet (in fact, I haven't even started on this series yet, I only watch some parts of the raw eps and hang out at soompi and read recaps at dramabeans), but from what I understand with my very limited Korean knowledge, her real identity or who she works for is not known yet. I think that if the viewers are still wondering about her identity, then the actor must be doing a really good job portraying Hye In's character. Good for Su Ae. :)

Guest bittersweet_

Hae In has been a member of Athena ever since first episode. She was placed to spy in the NTS headquarters, however she is still very loyal to Athena and the tall dark sexy man ;) In episode 6, Hae In feels compassion and sadness towards the little girl whose father she killed herself. Which is quite unusual for supposedly killers like her, and the fact that the director emphasized that parts means a change in Hae In's character. Secretly, she has been growing feelings for JW. So in the future episodes, however, I have a feeling the Hae In could turn against Athena...slowly. I like her character very much, because it's so mysterious and doesn't show much feelings and emotions upfront. I am very excited to see how things unfold in the future.

-But what's keeping me on my toes is the attractions between JH and CW.

Guest kayana20

Thank you all who spoke what I was thinking while watching most of this week episode and just scratching it at how smart HI is, how dumb JH is, and just realizing NTS is really dumb or they are setting Athena up to take the downfall. I so hope it's that one.I am pissed that JW might risk his job for Hi when I am sorry their are more lives at stake than hers. Why is he so blind lol?Maybe this will be the turning point and he can really see what is going on before his naive love destroys him. I also cannot understand how HI keeps doing these things for Sh after that horrible cheerup speech he gave her in episode 6? Yes compassion is a bad thing. He really is cold all because he helped her. She helps his evil self everyday. crazy.gifcrazy.gif . Sadly he would kill her too if she stood in his way. I wish Cho Si Won would get with Jae Hee because he would heal her and he is a good friend to her. It doesn't work like that though because JH and Sh are upset they lost the ones they love so they have to spread the sadness between each other. Director Kwon is so smart he knows what he is doing I just wanna know his trump card. Is this how Kim so Yeon comes in or Ki Soo who is caught in this now?This week was all over the place so I hope next week when I get pissed because Jung Woo is so blindly in love he just fails his mission. Okay now let me optimistic maybe Hi will see the light. Only 11 more episodes to go and we have not figured anything out yet.Ahh I hope a miracle and some thinking happens.

Guest pas_sub

Hae In has been a member of Athena ever since first episode. She was placed to spy in the NTS headquarters, however she is still very loyal to Athena and the tall dark sexy man ;) In episode 6, Hae In feels compassion and sadness towards the little girl whose father she killed herself. Which is quite unusual for supposedly killers like her, and the fact that the director emphasized that parts means a change in Hae In's character. Secretly, she has been growing feelings for JW. So in the future episodes, however, I have a feeling the Hae In could turn against Athena...slowly. I like her character very much, because it's so mysterious and doesn't show much feelings and emotions upfront. I am very excited to see how things unfold in the future.

-But what's keeping me on my toes is the attractions between JH and CW.

i assume JH = Jae Hee

who is CW ???

athenae04101221hdtvxvid.jpg

pay attention to the subject : ......kidnaped daughter,,,

eeeeh, isn't it kidnapped?

well, just 1 blooper i find...

Guest kaedejun

@pas_sub - they make so many bloopers, like PERSNAL for Sean Richard's character, that it makes me cringe. :crazy: i was surprised they didn't misspell UNAUTHORIZED when they had it flashing on the screen when Jung Woo was looking up Hye In's dossier.

Ok, I admit I've had many a laugh over use of English in kdramas (and Asian dramas in general)- there are some great examples of polygots and people who are just fabulous at multiple Eastern and Western languages, but overall there are enough grammar, choice of words, translations of titles, and yes, flat out spelling mistakes to entertain a korean-illiterate who knows a little English. :)

And of course it's funnier yet, when the documents are meant to originate from native English speakers.

And as Scout pointed out, if this was the way real security was run in the world, then we should all be very, very afraid.

;)

I'm also embarrassed to admit I haven't been keeping tabs on the plot at all- partly I'm watching c-subs and not being overly mandarin literate, I find the convolutions difficult to follow- but the slick action and cool characters do keep me engaged, particularly bad-richard simmons SH and, if she's as interesting as I hope, also JH.

Another fun tidbit from baidu

Given the pretend 'drowning' of HI scene- speculations are split.

Either HI planned it, or she didn't.

A lot of people think she didn't and are saying this is a more typical plot for SH to have hatched.

Given that, there's people boo'ing the theory that SH has something for HI- or at least that it's clear where SH's priorities are in life. Him first, then everyone else later, even if the other person is potentially "the person I have deep in my heart"

Oh, and there's even speculation that that "person in my heart" is SH's sister or some other family member... and one inspired Baidu'er wondered if HI would turn out to be SH's sister! :)

:)

Guest thygriever

sorry if someone already posted this but it looks like subs for ep 6 came out on Dramacrazy yesterday! I'm watching now :)

http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/athena-goddess-of-war-episode-6/

Guest Phantos

i just download ep 5 english subtitles at WITHS2 and now i just wanna download ep 6 english subtitles at that site without signup and everything... can someone please upload ep 6 eng subtitles for me thanks!!

Don't worry, I'm just as confused myself. I haven't seen episode 8 raw yet (in fact, I haven't even started on this series yet, I only watch some parts of the raw eps and hang out at soompi and read recaps at dramabeans), but from what I understand with my very limited Korean knowledge, her real identity or who she works for is not known yet. I think that if the viewers are still wondering about her identity, then the actor must be doing a really good job portraying Hye In's character. Good for Su Ae. :)

Ack, I'm caught. I really have no idea about this; good thing bittersweet answered the question. So thanks to this person. Well, I did say that I haven't started on this series yet, only through kaedejun's and aberdeen_angus's recaps. :)

What's up with the spoiler, kayana20? I'm sorry, but your post just spoiled some of it for me, and I wanted to put Athena on hold while I'm busy with life.

As for the english mistakes, I don't really care about it anymore; I've seen enough Asian dramas in my life to not be peeved about this because it will only make my viewing more sour, instead of enjoying it for what it is-- a drama.

Update for episode 05

Athena, Goddess Of War (2010) ViKi Softsubs

Brought to you by Team Athena @ ViKi.com

ViKi Link: http://www.viki.com/channels/2514-athena-goddess-of-war-ost/posts/4519-softsubs

SMTAGOW.E05.X264.720p-HANrel.ViKi.srt

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UENSBUFL

Guest pas_sub

not so many people discussing this series again, hmmm,is it getting boring???

12 more episodes to go, i hope the story will grow more interesting, and as somebody has pointed it out before,

they really need to do better editing on this,,,

couple caps,

[Jae Hee and Son Hyuk only]

dtagowe008kor110104hdtv.jpg

dtagowe008kor110104hdtv.jpg

and, i'd really appreciate if there's someone can post out text preview for next episodes,,,

happy weekend guys..

Guest ladyjade911

i hope athena does pick up their ratings and i think ratings are dropping only coz people keep comparing athena to iris. if people don't compare them two, i think athena can do as well as iris but then again, that's just me.

i wish for people to keep potential spoilers hidden because every time new eps come out, i get really excited, waiting for the eng subs to come out but then i start reading bits and pieces of spoilers and i get discouraged from watching the eps since i already can get an idea of what happens with the relationships between characters. i don't mind seeing screencaps coz i can just skip them. however, i really am interested in seeing discussions about athena and i hope i can continue reading what everyone writes without feeling frustrated that people are spoiling the eps by not hiding them well. anyway, thx to those people who keep their spoilers hidden. i really appreciate that.

Guest godlykilla

i hope athena does pick up their ratings and i think ratings are dropping only coz people keep comparing athena to iris. if people don't compare them two, i think athena can do as well as iris but then again, that's just me.

i wish for people to keep potential spoilers hidden because every time new eps come out, i get really excited, waiting for the eng subs to come out but then i start reading bits and pieces of spoilers and i get discouraged from watching the eps since i already can get an idea of what happens with the relationships between characters. i don't mind seeing screencaps coz i can just skip them. however, i really am interested in seeing discussions about athena and i hope i can continue reading what everyone writes without feeling frustrated that people are spoiling the eps by not hiding them well. anyway, thx to those people who keep their spoilers hidden. i really appreciate that.

You just read my mind :D I agree with EVERYTHING you said :)

Guest naddification

not so many people discussing this series again, hmmm,is it getting boring???

12 more episodes to go, i hope the story will grow more interesting, and as somebody has pointed it out before,

they really need to do better editing on this,,,

couple caps,

[Jae Hee and Son Hyuk only]

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

and, i'd really appreciate if there's someone can post out text preview for next episodes,,,

happy weekend guys..

Oooh~~ Loving the first shot! Both of them looking at each other... Hot!

Anyway, I noticed something. In the "Please" MV, there was a scene whereby Jae Hee met up with Jung Woo at a bar.

1zxulcp.jpg

333a8m9.jpg

As can be seen, there's a bandage around her left upper arm - I'm thinking this ought to be back in episode 5 after she was shot. She was wearing the same black top which she wore in a brief scene in episode 5. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember seeing this pub scene in that episode. Perhaps they cut out the scene eventually, or perhaps the scene will come in as a flashback. Not too sure.

Hmm I'm not sure if what I'm going to say next count as spoilers but I'll just use the spoiler tag just in case.

Was watching the following trailer for Athena:

Trailer and saw a couple of scenes which caught my eye.

Firstly, it's the scene at around 2:28-2:31, in which both Jae Hee and Junho (Siwon) are pointing their guns at Son Hyuk. It looks intense! I'm wondering if this is before or after JH & SH's lil rendezvous/fling *Ahem ahem*

jsnhhx.jpg

Secondly, the scene at around 2:40-2:42, in which Hye In and Son Hyuk are pointing their guns at each other. Like, wow. I think it's highly possible Hye In is gonna turn around and betray Son Hyuk. SH had a visibly shocked expression on his face.

2ziaq04.jpg

I'm not sure how the dynamics between JH and SH will play out. If it is indeed true JH is cozying up to SH to dig for more information and possibly bring him down, I have little confidence in what JH is capable of doing. I mean, as much as I love JH, I feel that pitting JH against SH is like pitting an anchovy against a shark! (Haha pardon the weak analogy) Whatever it may be, I'm hoping things will get more interesting between these two! They are keeping me glued to this drama. :D

Oh, and might I just add, Jung Woo is getting on my nerves as of now. Aishhh.

To everyone who has been frequenting this thread and keeping it going, thank you! I enjoy reading all the posts very much! :D

Archived