`Dreamgirls´ Director in talks for "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn"

Guest massive toene

Guest massive toene

The last book is getting split up into 2 films!!!
Dreamgirls Director in Talks for More Twilight Films

After meeting with such high-profile directors as Sofia Coppola and Gus Van Sant, it seems Summit

Entertainment has finally found their man for the next Twilight project.

Bill Condon (see pic below), the director of the Oscar-winning Dreamgirls, is said to be the studio's first

choice to bring Breaking Dawn to the big screen, reports Entertainment Weekly.

Bill-Condon2-254x300.jpg

Summit is also looking to split up The Twilight Saga's fourth novel – which clocks in at 756 pages – into two films,

with the first part focusing on Bella's (Kristen Stewart) marriage and pregnancy, and part two following her transition

from mortal to vampire.

NewMoon3696.jpg

Considered the series's most difficult novel to adapt because of its graphic birthing scenes, screenwriter

Melissa Rosenberg recently told Film.com she doesn't foresee the final Twilight film being any less teen friendly.

"You don't sacrifice story by cutting language. Nor do you sacrifice story by showing less blood or gore," she said.

"There are some movies that wouldn't play at PG-13, like The Hangover, but this is just not one of them for me…

If you're capturing character, emotion, and emotional journey, you're OK."

Before Breaking Dawn hits the box office, The Twilight Saga's third film, Eclipse, hits theaters June 30.

Source: people.com

bd.jpg

Guest Dorkiilove

That 2nd picture is such a awkward/funny picture of Bella.

Looks like they're really milking the Twilight series for all its worth, huh?

Guest tofupanda

...totally ripped the two-movie idea off of Harry Potter. Because there is just SO much stuff happening in the last book *rolls eyes* Oh well. That's Hollywood.

Guest nana544

I think that is good. Splitting the movie in half so that it will fit in most of the things that happen in the book. I cannot wait to see ECLIPSE and BREAKING DAWN!!!

Guest SophiaSan

HAHAHA The book probably takes the average person roughly 2 hours to read??

So how does that equate into two movies??? Yeah they're going to be so descriptive about every little detail! AAHAH oh God, milking it for all its worth.

But the last Harry Potter book did cover a lot, so it's justifiable.

Harry Potter > Twilight, any day

Guest massive toene

Two movies? That must be one nasty long-richard simmons baby birthing scene.

Do you remember the first kiss scene between Edward & Bella in "Twilight"?

This was the slowest kiss scene ever!!! It took them almost 10minutes.

Just sayin´ ;)

Two movies? That must be one nasty long-richard simmons baby birthing scene.

LOLL

milking the series for all its worth. not a bad idea, since all those hardcore twilight fans would be more than happy to flock to see each part anyway. too bad there's really not that much in breaking dawn to take up two movies. maybe he plans them to be like one hour each XD

Guest 정유미

HAHAHA The book probably takes the average person roughly 2 hours to read??

So how does that equate into two movies??? Yeah they're going to be so descriptive about every little detail! AAHAH oh God, milking it for all its worth.

But the last Harry Potter book did cover a lot, so it's justifiable.

Harry Potter > Twilight, any day

It took you 2 hours to read the book? I could hardly stand it and skimmed through 60% of the story but it took me wayyy longer than that.

Breaking Dawn is nasty. Just nasty. Here's to hoping that splitting it into two films will make it better.

Ahahahaha. I haven't read the book but I heard that this one is by far the most ridiculous. Descriptions of Bella and Edward's "first time" as well as the whole Jacob and "imprinting" is pretty insane. Almost makes me want to watch the movie.

Archived