Clubbox Tutorial + FAQs

Guest happyroach

Guest rochinipark

clubbox rely weird these days for me.

i'm dloadin the drama resurrction & the speed is only 5kb.but when i try kim sam soon the speed is abt 40kb,the normal rate for me.i guess clubbox rely gone peer to peer.damn it i hate tis.i've so many episodes to dlaod its gona take 4ver. :rolleyes:

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VINTAGE'art: moderne

i'm not sure if i can post this hear but. . just recently I haven't been able to hear the bgm (background music) on any clubboxes

such as; http://clubbox.co.kr/maysialee

don't really know how to word this but before the player used to be windows media 7+ but now it's windows media classic and the songs just won't play;

clubbox.jpg

//and it's not just clubbox but xanga too ><; anyone know how to fix this...?

^ o_O Can you post up a screencap? I'm kinda confused here.

eh.. haha im going to sound like a real noob saying this but, how do you post a screencap? Sorry, I'm not too good in the computer world.

MiK,

^ Try that tip. I did and clubbox is working fine for me again

I do that and all it does is direct me back and forth to the 'download active x' window to the 'download' window with all of the dramas I want to download.

It's really wierd. I thought that the encoding thing would work but I keep retrying and unfortunately no luck. I'm still stuck. But thanks everyone for trying to help out. :D

Guest rochinipark

ok tat resurrection file i was dloadin was a 350mb file & speed less than 10kb.but when i try the 700mb file whoa it goes at 45kbs.why is there such a difference?i dun want to dload such big file my computer runnin out of space.i guess i hv to go 700mb :rolleyes:

i guess now on its 700mb files of resurrection for me.

i have a problem and i tried everything.. when i got to d/l stuff, this thing pops up and said, 'Your current security settings prohibit running Active X controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly.'

i went to internet options and tried to change some things around and it still pops up... help mee... lol... i sound desperate. lol... so yea, does anyone know how to help me? lol.. =) thanks in advance! =)

Anyone know why using quickdownload doesn't make downloading any faster? The only timed it worked was when I downloaded sweet spy and it went 200kb+. Every other file I've tried it on, the max is only 50k.

Guest brianlim666

The restarting method doesn't work for me. I restarted my computer, now instead of downloading at speed of 7kbs, it is just paused. I try it again, still paused. Tried it one last time, still paused.

Any other methods of getting to work clubbox?

Guest hello_se7en

um...i tried uploading some stuff in my clubbox but this window that says the file has an invalid path...does anyone know what that means? and what i should do to fix it??

Guest litoxshortaii

hvyyww.jpg

does anyone know what this means :unsure:

i think it means i have to become a member of the person's clubbox, but im not sure...

if that's it, then how do i become a member of the person's clubbox?

also, sometimes when i try to download something, this window abt downloading activex pops up evn though ive alrdy clicked/downloaded it (the activex thing) before, and it wont let me download the thing i want... ive tried the ctrl+left arrow ctrl+right arrow thing but it doesnt seem to do anything. does anyone know why that happens?

I uninstalled and reinstalled the CB, now I get a login box whenever I on my computer but when I key in my ID and passwd, it says error. Now whenever I see this, I just close the box. Can anyone tell me how can I stop getting this box whenever I start my comp?

The dl box doesnt show my dl files when I start my computer altho the box do pop up and I have to find the files again and dl all over again. Then it will continue dl where it stops. Can anyone tell me how to make the files stay whenever I start my computer? The other time it stays in the dl box but after reinstall CB, all the files dissapears whenever I restart my comp.

One of the files was stuck at 70% for 3 days and I try to delete it and dl again but it still wont move. Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance for any assitance. :(

Guest danny4rang1004

everytime i try to use clubbox...

it gets to the last window and then my computer shuts down and automatically restarts before it can start

it never did that before.. just all of a sudden

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling... didnt work

i have a weirdfeeling that this happened after i d/led antivirus and did an antivirus scan.. cant say for sure tho.

so frustrating

???????

Guest shouyguang_21

I'm horrible when it comes to computers, but generally how fast should my computer be downloading things. I have dsl but it seems like the downloading is taking too long. it says 14kb/s is this normal?

Guest happyroach

^Please read topic post before asking questions like that

I have a problem with uploading files onto clubbox...it just stuck at the page instead of going into my clubbox program..Please help T___T

Alt+left arrow then Alt+right arrow in that blank window

I'm horrible when it comes to computers, but generally how fast should my computer be downloading things. I have dsl but it seems like the downloading is taking too long. it says 14kb/s is this normal?

Most likely you're downloading an unpopular file. The more people have the file, the faster your downloads

everytime i try to use clubbox...

it gets to the last window and then my computer shuts down and automatically restarts before it can start

it never did that before.. just all of a sudden

i tried uninstalling and reinstalling... didnt work

i have a weirdfeeling that this happened after i d/led antivirus and did an antivirus scan.. cant say for sure tho.

so frustrating

???????

You're on your own. There's always the option of formatting and installing a fresh copy of Windows, but I doubt you want to go through all the trouble just to download from Clubbox (like what I would do lol)

I uninstalled and reinstalled the CB, now I get a login box whenever I on my computer but when I key in my ID and passwd, it says error. Now whenever I see this, I just close the box. Can anyone tell me how can I stop getting this box whenever I start my comp?

The dl box doesnt show my dl files when I start my computer altho the box do pop up and I have to find the files again and dl all over again. Then it will continue dl where it stops. Can anyone tell me how to make the files stay whenever I start my computer? The other time it stays in the dl box but after reinstall CB, all the files dissapears whenever I restart my comp.

One of the files was stuck at 70% for 3 days and I try to delete it and dl again but it still wont move. Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance for any assitance. :(

Reinstallations and restarts clears your queue. There's no way to keep your list of files in CB EXCEPT WHEN YOU DO THIS

In your options tab, choose "automatic run when window starts". When you shut down your computer, don't exit Clubbox. Let your computer do it. Then when you restart your files will be queued again

And let me state this just for everyone's sake (no, I'm not yelling at you ;D):

IF YOUR FILE DOWNLOADS SLOWLY/REFUSES TO DOWNLOAD, THAT USUALLY MEANS THE FILE IS UNPOPULAR (NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE SHARING IT FOR YOU TO GET IT FROM THEM). THERE IS NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT.

Guest happyroach

Topic X: FAQ

Q: Is Clubbox free?

A: Yes. CB is COMPLETELY free. Well, unless you choose to actually purchase quick-download coupons.

Q: Does Clubbox come with any spyware or virus?

A: No. CB does NOT install any spyware/malware on your computer. It's completely safe.

Q: Does Clubbox work on Macs or Linux?

A: No. CB is only Windows-friendly.

Q: Does Clubbox work with Vista? Come on, everybody has Vista now! ;p

A: Yes, of course!

Q: My computer restarted itself before my downloads were finished--how do I resume my downloads?

A: You must go back to the clubboxes (or links to the files), check off the files you want, and click the download button again. Of course, this process can be made much easier if you utilize the basket option.

Q: Is there a way to search for files hosted on Clubbox?

A: Yes. There are a couple of well-known third-party CB search engines:

- http://findclubbox.com

- http://findclubbox.co.kr

- http://boxtool.com

- http://goclubbox.co.kr

Q: Some boxes are protected--they only allow members to download. How do I join that box?

A: In that particular box, on the top panel (blue/gold colored bar), you should see z_join.gif on the very right. Click on the button and you'll see a pop-up. Check the box next to "바로가기 목록에 추가" if you want to add the box to your favorites list, uncheck it if you don't. Then click on the button at the bottom of the pop-up.

Q: How come even after I join the box, I still can't see the files?

A: Some CB owners require you to be of a higher status before you can download. PM the owner to be upgraded. Then some require a password. PM the owner to see if you can get it.

Q: How do I quit a Clubbox?

A: Press z_leave.gif where the join button is located.

Q: How do I see which Clubboxes I have joined?

A: When you're signed in, on the top banner where it lists your username, mileage, coupons and such, on the very right there is a drop-down menu which contains all the CBs you have joined.

Q: How do I move files?

A: Check whichever file(s) you want to move, and click file_move.gif, then choose the designated folder.

Q: How do I delete files by the bunch?

A: Check whichever file(s) you want to delete, and press file_del.gif, then press "OK" when you see a popup.

Q: How do I change my password?

A: see this post

Q: I don't understand Korean, is there a free translator somewhere?

A: Yes. Go to http://babelfish.altavista.com

Q: What's "reserved mileage" and what does it do?

A: Your reserved mileage gets added to your total mileage at 1a.m. Korean time everyday.

Q: Can you only download one file at a time?

A: Yes

Q: I've waited hours, but my downloads are still stuck at 0%. Is there something wrong?

A: Yes. And it's because:

1. You are probably downloading an unpopular file (it's probably really old/new/weird/etc, so nobody else has the file except you). Clubbox has become increasingly p2p, so unless a load of people are downloading/sharing the file, your download might be stuck for ages. Word of advice: DOWNLOAD THE CURRENTLY POPULAR FILES AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT YOU MISSED OUT ON SOME OLD ONES.

2. Your internet connection sucks. If you're familiar with p2p programs, you should know that the better your internet connection, the more possible connections you can make with other people, hence more people can upload to you, which gives you faster download speeds. Therefore, go shell out a few more bucks each month and get better internet. Don't complain here, complain to your wallet. For details on your download capacities, see this post.

Q: Why is my download only going at 5k/s (or *insert very small number*k/s)?

A: See question above.

Q: Why is my download still so slow even when I used quick-download coupons?

A: See question above.

Q: What should I do if my file is stuck? As in it was downloading fine but all of a sudden it stopped moving?

A: Delete the file from your CB queue list, AND delete the incomplete files in your download directory. Then restart the download.

Q: How can I make my CB downloads faster?

A: Several things you could try. Please don't ask the specifics here. GOOGLE.

- disabling your firewall

- forwarding ports to yourself

- reformat and reinstall a fresh copy of Windows (doesn't exactly make downloads faster, but can make CB work if it didn't before)

Q: My Clubbox has just been acting weird. What should I do?

A: Restart your computer. If that doesn't help, doubt anything will.

Q: Why can't I load any Clubbox pages?

A: Make sure your encoding is in Korean. Also, make sure you update your java. And sometimes the CB site is just slow/unresponsive. Give it another try in an hour.

Q: What kind of things would prevent Clubbox from working?

A: Many. Certain ISPs (internet service providers) block Clubbox so you can't use it at all; other times your personal firewall may block Clubbox. There is also the possibility that some programs on your computer are not compatible with Clubbox (especially anti-virus programs), so try running as few programs as possible and see if it helps.

Q: Why does my Clubbox keep pausing one file and skipping onto the next?

A: That's the default Clubbox settings. You can go into the config tab and change whatever you like.

Q: Why are files always paused in my Clubbox even after I click "play"?

A: Make sure you have fscagent running smoothly. Try disabling your firewall and anti-virus programs. Other than that, nobody can help you.

Q: What can I do if my Clubbox just automatically shuts down, or my whenever I run Clubbox some kind of computer error comes up?

A: No one knows what to do.

Q: I've tried tons of times but Clubbox just won't work. I'm desperate. What should I do?

A: Format your computer. Reinstall a fresh copy of Windows (I'm currently running on WinXP pro + SP1, and I recommend that. Don't get SP2 because it's crap). Then try running Clubbox. Yes, I know reformatting and reinstalling everything can be a pain, but you did say you were desperate.

Q: What if my Clubbox turned bronze?

A: See this post.

Q: How can I make my box stay silver (and not turn bronze)?

A: Have at least 100 points by inspection day (get tons of downloads off of the files remaining in your box), or close your box and re-create.

Q: I downloaded this video file from Clubbox but it has no sound/video. What's wrong?

A: It's definitely not the fault of Clubbox itself. See this thread

Q: Why is it that everything downloads except subtitle files?

A: Mostly due to lack of people sharing the file. I suggest you try other resources:

- For dramas: d-addicts

- For movies: koofy

IF YOU HAVE BETTER ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE.

Alt+left arrow then Alt+right arrow in that blank window

I tried that but it still stuck at the white page instead of loading into my clubbox program T___T I tried the encoding Korean and Ctrl+N as well..but it's still not working. So is it my computer fault or just clubbox?

Guest 'SIIMPLE

how come whenever i want to dl something from cb..it always asks to to install it. the first time this happened, i dl the program and installed it but on my 2nd try it still asked me to install it again. this problem never happened to me before but now it has..can anyone explain how i can fix it. thank you

Archived