Clubbox Tutorial + FAQs

Guest happyroach

Guest hanhniee

I am not sure if I am in the right place, but I was wondering how do i download from sendspace.com? I click on the link and it just goes to the page without a file starting or displaying another link to donwload the file.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem too, thou only the 2nd part: "then suddenly it paused on me, and then went back to 0%" :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

I lost the CRCDATA & NEO files too, they DISAPPEAR once the file was paused @ 0% (can't connect to the server so CB automatically paused the file?).

For me, that's always the file I want to resume downloading :tears: Isn't it resumable?

you know what, cattie, i had that problem like half of the day. mine paused and then plummeted to 0% but the data files weren't lost. at night, really late, it picked up again after i restarted my comp several times.

i haven't used clubbox for the past few weeks, and today I tried to d/l from the same clubbox i normally go to and it won't move! it's stucked at 0% and then the the cubbox will automaticatlly change the status to Pause.

What to do?

I don't understand Korean :(

and do I need to earn mileage to be able to d/l from clubbox now? or do i need to pay??

please help :)

thank you.......

you don't need to earn mileage or pay to download, lilgzl. but i think lots of people are having the problem you are, i did. just leave it, and restart several times. and then hopefully it might work, cuz it did for me.

Guest Hero-Is-Mine

i have a Q it might be stupid but i just wanna understand coz i wanna creat my own box

hmm if i register clubbox is that means i'll have my own box or it just let u 2 dl stuff?

coz i c (creating ur own box*btw the link is not wotking for me *o* it says the page cannot display*) link :huh: its not the same as registering?? i dont undertsand sorri help? that means... :huh: plz guyz dont ignore me..thanx :mellow:

Guest luckygirl247

when ur in somebody's box how can u tell if its HQ MQ or LQ?

i'm really sorry if it was already mentioned somewhere else

i have a Q it might be stupid but i just wanna understand coz i wanna creat my own box

hmm if i register clubbox is that means i'll have my own box or it just let u 2 dl stuff?

coz i c (creating ur own box*btw the link is not wotking for me *o* it says the page cannot display*) link :huh: its not the same as registering?? i dont undertsand sorri help? that means... :huh: plz guyz dont ignore me..thanx :mellow:

if you registered, i think you have your own box. i don't remember if there was an option to check off whether or not you want your own box since i signed up so long ago. >.< but if you don't want your own box, that's ok, too. you can just use your id and password for downloading. ^_^ but if you want your own box, the URL is http://clubbox.co.kr/yourid (whatever you used for your id).

when ur in somebody's box how can u tell if its HQ MQ or LQ?

i'm really sorry if it was already mentioned somewhere else

usually by file size. if it's a full show or drama episode, then 700MB is HQ, 350MB is MQ, and 100+MB is LQ. :) other than that, it really depends on how organized the CB owner is in labelling files.

Guest purplestar

ahh haaa so many other ppl are having the same problem. mmy d/l speed is terrible, it's only been about 5 kb/sec for the past couple of days. right now it's 13/kb, hopefully things will be back to normal soon!

if you registered, i think you have your own box. i don't remember if there was an option to check off whether or not you want your own box since i signed up so long ago. >.< but if you don't want your own box, that's ok, too. you can just use your id and password for downloading. ^_^ but if you want your own box, the URL is http://clubbox.co.kr/yourid (whatever you used for your id).

Nah, you gotta sign up for your own box seperately. ^_^http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ost&p=11764

Hi, this sounds weird. But how do you install the clubbox? I dl-ed the link on the first page, then the wizard started, then it's just sort of done. But when I try to download stuff from the CB for real, it keeps displaying the message like in the step after the listing of stuff I want to download. I try to do ALT+ right arrow, ALT+ left arrow over and over again but it still wouldn't work. Anyone?

Guest Lets_Be

I'm having the same problem like everyone else! for a few weeks now clubbox has been REALLY slow for me and it doesn't even start sometimes! i thought it was my computer's fault, but it seems other people are having the same problem. Hopefully clubbox will come with a new update or something!

Guest HmmlOL

I don't really understand the expiration of the points thing.

I have a 2gb coupon. If I download 2gb before 5 days it expires? Because I thought I already downloaded over 2gb but I don't think anything shows that it expired

Guest poorlostsoul

hey guys

im using cable and im in sydney, australia.

i dont seem to be experiencing the problems of slow dl speeds that you guys seem to have the past few days. I think its something to do with the earthquake in taiwan end of last year - it's affectd lots of places in Asia.

i've used clubbox for a good 6mths now. my speeds always ~55kb/s until just a few days ago when i discovered the point system LoL! sillyme >_>

when i use quickdownloads on clubbox so far the fastest is 891kb/s, which im happy with considering im not in Korea or china mainland =)

just thought u'd like my input ;)

cheers

Guest ms.movie-freak

I have a problem getting into the downloading page, i try to go into naynay's cb, but this screen pops up

접속이 폭주하여 해당서비스 연결이 지연되고 있습니다

클럽박스 운영자 올림

with a red exclimation mark, what does it say and wat do i have to do go download stuff?

Guest bloodboy

Yea, seriously guys, read the FAQ's before asking something. You guys are really just spamming this thread and no one is answering you. And slow speeds are probably because of the earthquake, so be patient and stop complaining.

Guest jOjOlEE_x3

HELP!

i got a coupon thing for quick downloads but i don`t know how to use it

sorry if im spamming....... but anyone want to help?

Guest Moankii

Topic X: FAQ

Q: Is Clubbox free?

A: Yes. CB is COMPLETELY free. Well, unless you choose to actually purchase quick-download coupons.

Q: Does Clubbox come with any spyware or virus?

A: No. CB does NOT install any spyware/malware on your computer. It's completely safe.

Q: Does Clubbox work on Macs or Linux?

A: No. CB is only Windows-friendly.

Q: Is there a way to search for files hosted on Clubbox?

A: Yes. There are a couple of well-known third-party CB search engines:

- http://findclubbox.com

- http://findclubbox.co.kr

- http://boxtool.com

- http://goclubbox.co.kr

Q: Some boxes are protected--they only allow members to download. How do I join that box?

A: In that particular box, on the top panel (blue/gold colored bar), you should see z_join.gif on the very right. Click on the button and you'll see a pop-up. Check the box next to "바로가기 목록에 추가" if you want to add the box to your favorites list, uncheck it if you don't. Then click on the button at the bottom of the pop-up.

Q: How come even after I join the box, I still can't see the files?

A: Some CB owners require you to be of a higher status before you can download. PM the owner to be upgraded. Then some require a password. PM the owner to see if you can get it.

Q: How do I quit a Clubbox?

A: Press z_leave.gif where the join button is located.

Q: How do I see which Clubboxes I have joined?

A: When you're signed in, on the top banner where it lists your username, mileage, coupons and such, on the very right there is a drop-down menu which contains all the CBs you have joined.

Q: How do I move files?

A: Check whichever file(s) you want to move, and click file_move.gif, then choose the designated folder.

Q: How do I delete files by the bunch?

A: Check whichever file(s) you want to delete, and press file_del.gif, then press "OK" when you see a popup.

Q: How do I change my password?

A: see this post

Q: I don't understand Korean, is there a free translator somewhere?

A: Yes. Go to http://babelfish.altavista.com

Q: What's "reserved mileage" and what does it do?

A: Your reserved mileage gets added to your total mileage at 1a.m. Korean time everyday.

Q: Can you only downlod one file at a time?

A: Yes

Q: I've waited hours, but my downloads are still stuck at 0%. Is there something wrong?

A: Yes. And it's because:

1. You are probably downloading an unpopular file (it's probably really old/new/weird/etc, so nobody else has the file except you). Clubbox has become increasingly p2p, so unless a load of people are downloading/sharing the file, your download might be stuck for ages. Word of advice: DOWNLOAD THE CURRENTLY POPULAR FILES AND ACCEPT THE FACT THAT YOU MISSED OUT ON SOME OLD ONES.

2. Your internet connection sucks. If you're familiar with p2p programs, you should know that the better your internet connection, the more possible connections you can make with other people, hence more people can upload to you, which gives you faster download speeds. Therefore, go shell out a few more bucks each month and get better internet. Don't complain here, complain to your wallet.

Q: Why is my download only going at 5k/s (or *insert very small number*k/s)?

A: See question above.

Q: Why is my download still so slow even when I used quick-download coupons?

A: See question above.

Q: What should I do if my file is stuck? As in it was downloading fine but all of a sudden it stopped moving?

A: Delete the file from your CB queue list, AND delete the incomplete files in your download directory. Then restart the download.

Q: How can I make my CB downloads faster?

A: Several things you could try. Please don't ask the specifics here. GOOGLE.

- disabling your firewall

- forwarding ports to yourself

- reformat and reinstall a fresh copy of Windows (doesn't exactly make downloads faster, but can make CB work if it didn't before)

Q: My Clubbox has just been acting weird. What should I do?

A: Restart your computer. If that doesn't help, doubt anything will.

Q: Why can't I load any Clubbox pages?

A: Make sure your encoding is in Korean. Also, make sure you update your java. And sometimes the CB site is just slow/unresponsive. Give it another try in an hour.

Q: What kind of things would prevent Clubbox from working?

A: Many. Certain ISPs (internet service providers) block Clubbox so you can't use it at all; other times your personal firewall may block Clubbox. There is also the possibility that some programs on your computer are not compatible with Clubbox (especially anti-virus programs), so try running as few programs as possible and see if it helps.

Q: Why does my Clubbox keep pausing one file and skipping onto the next?

A: That's the default Clubbox settings. You can go into the config tab and change whatever you like.

Q: Why are files always paused in my Clubbox even after I click "play"?

A: Make sure you have fscagent running smoothly. Try disabling your firewall and anti-virus programs. Other than that, nobody can help you.

Q: What can I do if my Clubbox just automatically shuts down, or my whenever I run Clubbox some kind of computer error comes up?

A: No one knows what to do.

Q: I've tried tons of times but Clubbox just won't work. I'm desperate. What should I do?

A: Format your computer. Reinstall a fresh copy of Windows (I'm currently running on WinXP pro + SP1, and I recommend that. Don't get SP2 because it's crap). Then try running Clubbox. Yes, I know reformatting and reinstalling everything can be a pain, but you did say you were desperate.

Q: What if my Clubbox turned bronze?

A: See this post.

Q: How can I make my box stay silver (and not turn bronze)?

A: Have at least 100 points by inspection day (get tons of downloads off of the files remaining in your box), or close your box and re-create.

Q: I downloaded this video file from Clubbox but it has no sound/video. What's wrong?

A: It's definitely not the fault of Clubbox itself. See this thread

Q: Why is it that everything downloads except subtitle files?

A: Mostly due to lack of people sharing the file. I suggest you try other resources:

- For dramas: d-addicts

- For movies: koofy

IF YOU HAVE BETTER ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS, FEEL FREE TO CONTRIBUTE.

umm im new to clubbox but whenever i dl something it doesnt automatically show my points i have to turn off my computer and when i turn it back on i see the new points. anyone know how to change that?

Archived