[JAPAN DRAMA 2010] 月の恋人~MOON LOVERS

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

KIMURA TAKUYA, SHINOHARA RYOKO, KITAGAWA KEIKO, MATSUDA SHOTA

Takuya Kimura's "Moon Lovers" co-stars revealed

Tue, March 23, 2010 (6:31pm EDT)

More details about Takuya Kimura's upcoming drama series were revealed on Tuesday. Titled "Tsuki no Koibito ~Moon Lovers~," the drama will air in Fuji TV's Monday 9:00pm time slot this spring, though the starting broadcast date has not yet been determined.

As reported earlier this month, the drama has Kimura (37) playing the president of an interior design company. It is described as his first real romance series since "Beautiful Life" in 2000, but he will have not one, but three female co-stars.

Leading the list of actresses is Ryoko Shinohara (36), cast as a capable interior designer who works with Kimura. The complicated relationship between the two characters goes back to their days as students together. Kimura and Shinohara previously acted together in the 1997 series "Gift."

Next is Taiwanese star Lin Chi-ling (35), who appeared in the "Red Cliff" movies. This will be her first time in a Japanese drama. She plays a Chinese woman whom Kimura encounters.

The third love interest is played by Keiko Kitagawa (23), portraying a popular model who comes from a wealthy family.

Another key member of the cast is actor Shota Matsuda (24). He plays one of Kimura's subordinates who seems to be obedient, but secretly has his own ambitions. However, he also becomes entangled in the five-way romance. His role reportedly has him speaking fluently in Chinese.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read this at livejournal and I'm really excited for another Matsuda Shota drama. Though, I never seen any of Kimura Takuya's dramas/movies, I'll give this one a try just for Shota.. LOL. But I've always wanted to watch MR. BRAIN and CHANGE but never got the chance. Keiko Kitagawa is everywhere these days. I'm happy that she's getting more out there and her acting is really amazing.

Guest irienad

I just finished CHANGE couple weeks ago (finally) and I fall head over heels for takuya. haha. He's so amazing in that drama. There's something about his vibe that will make you feel attracted to his character. And keiko was so cute in 'mop girl'. I would love to see this pairing together with shota :wub:

Guest chloe.c

OMFG. KEIKOOOO AND MATSUDA SHOTA :D I wonder who he'll be paired up with since he's going to be involved in the romance.

I can't waiit! And wow...Lin Chi Ling...ROFL. That's going to be interesting.

gosh, another KimuTaku. i'm up for it.

i keep thinking that Shinohara Ryoko has already worked with him more than once: Gift and Karei naru Ichizoku; but I just keep confusing her with Hasegawa Kyoko. dang!

the addition of Matsuda Shota was like icing on a delicious cake as well.

although, i'm probably the only one not too excited with Kitagawa Keiko's inclusion in the cast. I used to like her as an actress but her role in Buzzer Beat annoyed me a little for some reason.

Guest COOKIE.BANDIT.

i havent seen a Kimura drama in a while but I think i'll be following this one

the cast sounds great!

omg im sooo excited for this drama! it's got everyone i like in it! ^_^ kimura and matsuda shota will sure be HOT...LOL. i'm kind of hesitant about lin chi ling though...from what i've heard she can't really act that well =X

The rest of the cast is revealed

Kimura Takuya - Hazuki Rensuke

*President of REGOLITH, an interior design company. Does everything to accomplish his goal.

Shinohara Ryoko - Ninomiya Maemi

*Interior designer. Knows Rensuke since long time ago.

Lin Zhiling - Liu Xu Mei

*Lives in a poor area in Shanghai.

Matsuda Shota - Cai Feng Jian

*Rensuke's right-hand.

Kitagawa Keiko - Oonuki Yuzuki

*Charismatic model.

Watanabe Ikkei - ??? Togo

*REGOLITH employee.

Hamada Gaku - Maehara Tsugio

*Maemi's assistant.

Mikami Kensei - Koizumi Keiichi

*REGOLITH employee.

Mitsushima Hikari - Anzai Rina

*Maemi's assistant.

Nagatsuka Kyozo - Oonuki Shogen

Nakamura Yuri

Abe Tsuyoshi

Sources: fujitv

Credits/Translation to: yanie02 livejournal

Also check out wiki--> Tsuki no Koibito

I'm so glad that Abe Tsuyoshi is also staring in this drama because at livejournal someone mention that he should of played the role of Matsuda Shota's character but I'm just happy that they reunited again since HanaDan days. Plus, Watanabe Ikkei is playing w/ Matsuda Shota again. As if Liar Game wasn't enough. :P

UPDATING NEWS!

Fans swarm to “Tsuki no Koibito” filming in Shanghai

Lots of Chinese Kimura Takuya (37) fans had the chance to see him, Lin Chi-ling (35) and some other actors of the upcoming dorama "Tsuki no Koibito ~Moon Lovers~" during the filming in Shanghai yesterday, and they sure did.

That day they've filmed various scenes of Kimura attending some kind of official event for his company as well as the encounter between his and Lin's character, a woman from the slums who is making a living as a factory worker. She looked really exhausted with her messed up hair while sitting on the street crying without any shoes.

Lin had to run after the Kimura's limousine like that 10 times until the director finally was satisfied with the scene. She probably already had blisters on her feet, but the staff was kind enough to give her massages during the breaks. The fans near the scene were worried about her as well and asked her if she hurt her feet, but she replied that they are only tired.

The scenes were filmed near the shopping district of Shanghai and hundreds of fans showed up after hearing that Kimura would be in town as well. The staff had their hands full trying to keep all the excited fans from disturbing the filming. However, neither of them nor Kimura seemed to be annoyed be the fans. The Chinese media even praised him and the crew for their polite interaction with the public during that day.

Several other actors including Matsuda Shota (24) and Kitagawa Keiko (23, in a panda costume ^_^) were spotted at the sets as well.

CREDITS TO: kawaii-joyuu

PHOTOS!!

11118n7.jpg1rysys.jpg

23w5op0.jpg

29279yv.jpg2m5gmte.jpg

2vbqxoo.jpgdlm0kg.jpg

Man Kimura looks sooo different when his new hair cut! I still imagine him with the hairstyle in Mr. Brain :P and Shota looks pretty cute remind me of HYD days haha :P

Guest kandi

5 -way love struggle with matsuda shota. oh man thats too much to handle. can't wait to see this drama subbed tho.

Guest susamirain

I am super excited about hearing this news! I just got through telling my friends I want to see another Takuya Kimura drama again! I wanted it to be a romance cause I've missed seeing Takuya in a romance. I liked Mr. Brain okay but that definitely isn't the best he can do.

So this is really prime news! Thanks for the photos too! He still looks great!

Guest Aestas

wow, the eyecandy in this drama is gonna be sooo good!!!! i can't wait... Matsuda Shota, Kitagawa Keiko and all the others... daaamn.

Guest Ender's Girl

gosh, another KimuTaku. i'm up for it.

i keep thinking that Shinohara Ryoko has already worked with him more than once: Gift and Karei naru Ichizoku;

Shinohara Ryoko was in Gift, but not in Karei. :)

Splendid actress, Ryoko. I think I'm even more excited to see her act again than Kimura, and I'm a huuuuge KimuTaku fan. :P

I read this at livejournal and I'm really excited for another Matsuda Shota drama. Though, I never seen any of Kimura Takuya's dramas/movies, I'll give this one a try just for Shota.. LOL. But I've always wanted to watch MR. BRAIN and CHANGE but never got the chance. Keiko Kitagawa is everywhere these days. I'm happy that she's getting more out there and her acting is really amazing.

Haven't seen a Kimura drama? Forget Mr. Brain. :lol:Change is pretty good, but I'd strongly recommend Pride (ice hockey + romance). ;);) ;)

Archived